Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Bought the game on day one. Had the Cafe Menu bug. Mine was stuck on the first menu. So for the first week all I could do is the license tests. Finally get the first update and I can play. Now this happens and once again I can't play. Next week I leave town for two weeks. Spent ninty six dollars for the 25th Anniversary Edition. Not too happy about that right now.

True but what I mean is you don't get dozens of wheelspins or go at least 150mph and win a Ferrari. Also, there aren't these IMO pointless prizes like sneakers and clothing. Wtf you supposed to do with them? šŸ˜‚
Sure, you just get one roulette wheel a day for doing nothing but driving 26 miles where 99% of the time you "win" either a miniscule amount of credits, random upgrade parts for cars you don't have, or a time limited invitation to buy a car you don't want/can't afford. Wtf you supposed to do with them?

Last edited:
No, it doesn't throw anything at you and that's the crux of everyone's problems. Once you've finished the Cafe menus and you have what cars the game gives you, what worldly incentive is there to grind tirelessly for a multi-million credit car that may not even be available anymore once you have the funds for it? That's also assuming you have an invitation to buy the thing you want as well.

Invitations are a fantastic idea in theory as it elicits the same feeling of exclusivity as one would feel in the real world. The one huge drawback of that is that what happens in the real doesn't always translate to the virtual.
oh, it's translating very well in GT7, to distinguish between the haves and have-nots. I'm calling this the GT7 Syndrome. :sly:

Feels like a bit of an incredulous argument.
I historically buy a PlayStation for 3 series; Final Fantasy, Tekken, and Gran Turismo.
I don't mind a grind, but when a patch hits like this then it is clear they don't want you to grind, they just want you to pay real money. Also, afaik, the tickets are not grindable either, so if you're looking for parts/cars which only show up through there or paying real money then that's also too much grind/RNG for me.
I have other things to occupy my time, other games.

I would like to play the game but i cant. Servers still down or just unbareable slow? Since Elden Ring and GT7 came out, PSN is a mess. Im getting constant connection issues every day. It hasnt been that worse since the first lockdowns in early 2020...

The balance between winning cars for doing next to nothing during the cafe missions and then being left having to grind to get any next level up cars is stark.

I just want custom races to payout decently, that and sport mode. These two modes give the game longevity beyond the career. They can then combine the most variety with the best payouts to push us towards the other longevity aspect of the game - collecting all the cars.

No one should have to race more than 1 hour a day for 6 months or 6 hours a day for 1 month to achieve this. That's reasonable to me, 180 hours spent in one game. On top of this, there shouldn't be 1 event you have to race over and over to get the best payouts. This is why custom events and sport mode need to pay the best. They don't progress the career, so they should pay more because they are just for fun and earning credits. They have the bonus of keeping the game alive and interesting to players who like both online and offline play.

Last edited:
Right, I mean what would you want with a Ferrari in a racing game? How dare they.

Just feels a bit too easy, that's all I'm saying. A Ferrari should be a reward that requires a bit more effort. Otherwise, the danger is getting bored quite easily and asking "Ok, done that, got the shirt, next!"

Whatā€™s the rush to complete it?!
The only thing that irks me very slightly is not being able to sell cars. And the only reason is because I legitimately donā€™t like some of them in real life.
That, I totally agree with. I thought it was silly to build GT7 that way, maybe Sport, but not GT7. I mean, it has a used car lot again! :P

But the rush thing is mostly based on people's fears. In GT6, a lot of people were scared that the MTX thing would practically make it pay for play. It didn't happen. I'm not as worried as others are here, but to be fair, that credit nerf in today's patch, on a game which was already a bit stingy, wasn't a happy sign.

Eh, it fizzled in GT6, and I'm (mostly) sure it will suffer the same fate in GT7. Fingers and toes crossed. By the way, more prayers for Ukraine, Taiwan and the Middle East today. The world really is coming unglued, bullied by nuclear armed thugs, so I do have bigger sharks to fry.

Just feels a bit too easy, that's all I'm saying. A Ferrari should be a reward that requires a bit more effort. Otherwise, the danger is getting bored quite easily and asking "Ok, done that, got the shirt, next!"
The game gives you 3 Ferraris from the Cafe with the same requirements as it gave you the 3 starter hot hatches. There's no effort involved.

Sure, you just get one roulette wheel a day for doing nothing but driving 26 miles where 99% of the time you "win" either a miniscule amount of credits, random upgrade parts for cars you don't have, or a time limited invitation to buy a car you don't want/can't afford. Wtf you supposed to do with them?

You make a decent point but they're still more useful than emotes and sneakers whichever way you cut it lol.

Maybe for some players. There are players, like myself, that are looking forward to the 240ZG and Z432 over any Ferrari and the like.

If you don't want the Ferrari, don't drive it or sell it.

If you're bored of driving and racing the cars that you're given, then is a racing game for you? That's all most people want to do, but in Gran Turismo 7 they're locked behind a ridiculous amount of time.

As has been said thousands of times, there can be a middle ground between having all the cars given to you and spending hundreds or even thousands of hours before you can get at them all. That's what people want, a reasonable middle ground. Instead PD are pushing it the other way.

Also if it's effort and reward you're after, what was wrong with the method of the old games? Winning race and championships? Look at all the cars you were rewarded with in GT4, for winning events:

Last edited:
The game gives you 3 Ferraris from the Cafe with the same requirements as it gave you the 3 starter hot hatches. There's no effort involved.

There's certainly more than receiving 2 Superwheelspins a week for just logging on šŸ˜‚ Or jump 200 metres and receive a supercar.

TBH, I don't think PD ever expected anyone to go for the mult-million dollar cars as soon as possible. Just seems like a ridiculously unrealistic goal to hit right out the gate.
Probably not. The game has only been out for 2 weeks and it seems like they want all of the toys at the start. Part of what makes these things special is that they're hard to get - and will probably continue to be until we get whatever planned DLC Polyphony might have in store.

On one hand, credit payouts in GTS felt like a bit too much (with too many car duplicates from the Daily Workout) and not enough to spend credits on. Excellent for Sport Mode, but at a point everything felt pointless. Why drive anything other than the meta or quirkiest/rarest cars? How do you improve beyond that point? What's the point of any of these cars if you just end up driving your favorites? Ironically, GTA has this same problem.

On the other hand , GT6 would be extremely grindy without seasonal events or the Sierra/Moon/Goodwood/Red Bull DLCs. You could still spend hundreds of thousands of credits purely on parts and tires to be competitive. Arguably, this game gave you less and still offered MTX for Credits.
The car prices were even higher. For perspective, v1.00 GT6 gave us the R18 Tdi '11 for 5m Cr, as opposed to now's 3m Cr(GT7). It eventually got dropped to 2m Cr(GT6) after updates, where we had even better methods to grind. Add the 200% login bonus and nobody really complained.

From the perspective of v1.00 GT6, this game is throwing you a bone often. Post-DLC we got spoiled comparatively.
From the perspective of GTS, everything looks like a tedious grind because pretty much everything was already given to you.

My biggest complaint with the Cafe game mechanic. It should never have been the focus of a single player campaign and more of a "Oh, you've progressed in the game the way you wanted, this much, and you've managed to match a cafe requirement? Well done! Here is your reward!"

I want the cars i've earned to feel earned, not something the game has instructed me to do in order to progress and unlock things. The Career Mode mechanic was fine the way it was. Sure it could have been tweaked, or made into an RPG style element, but Cafe should have been just an addition to the single player campaign, not the focus, IMO.

With these microtransactions, inability to sell bought/earned cars, its become increasingly obvious what the point of the game is.

Last edited:
Won't somebody think of the poor corporations? Poor PD can barely afford rent, it's not they're a massive studio backed by the biggest brand in gaming, give them a break! :lol:
I thought Nintendo was the biggest brand in gaming? I mean even Grandmothers know of Mario. But I doubt grandma knows anything of Forbidden West.

So itā€™s 22:40 Uk time here.. how longs it been in ā€œmaintenanceā€ now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

What's clear to me is some people seem to conflate time with effort.

It takes next to no effort to grind credits in GT7. It's ridiculously easy. It just takes an inordinate amount of time doing the same brain dead rally race over and over. And because it's still the best credit grind in the game even after the nerfs, doing anything thing else is a literal waste of time.

Why? Because half the cars in the game are locked behind time limited access be it the used car dealer, the legendary dealer, or the invitation system.

Back