Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Oh nooooo!!

My grinding method is rrrruined! Now i have to spend a little more tiiiime! Oh the horror!
I think the bigger problem is they didn't actually fix the grinding issue. Fisherman's Ranch is still one of the best earning events in the game per minute because they nerfed everything else in addition to it. What they've effectively done is capped the total amount of credits you can earn in a given time, without fixing the massive imbalance of the race payouts as a whole.

TL;DR: They've made a frustrating and imbalanced economy slightly more frustrating and imbalanced. Nobody wins.

Last edited:
Wait, your grandma never heard of classics like Haze? Or the hidden gem Knack? 😄

I said Sony, not Nintendo because they mostly do their own thing.
Nope. In fact even I haven't heard of them before... :lol:

I can't believe nobody is mad about that absurd career mode.

Where is the good old GT expirience? Where is the freedom to choose which race i wanne drive next. Where are all the cups?
This so called career mode is so streamlined. If the cafe missions were just on top i would have no problem with that, but there is a whole carrer mode just missing.

Sorry guys im so pissed. I love Gran Turismo and i think GT7 is great in so many ways, but this is such a big downer for me.
It's all yours...

...for just an extra €19.99

That's unfortunately the problem when people think they need to buy the million credit supercars when the best car in the game is less than 20 bags.
I strongly agree that cheap cars are more fun and people flock too much to the big money stuff, but the problem comes from having enough money for mods. I don't go crazy on my cars by any means, but I'm averaging around 50-70k credits per car to mod them how I like.

If you did need skill i would agree. But you do not. I don't no whether you have a self inflated view of your own skills, but this game is easy for everyone. I have 40 hours, completed all the campaign and golded all the licenses. Its easy, and on purpose for the masses. You can get any car and finish miles ahead of anything on that race. After you complete the campaign, tgere is no other way to get money bar doing every race over and over. This is why they have nerfed the winning credits. It has NOTHING to do with skill, sony clearly dont have enough people purchasing microtransactions. This is not game balancing, its microtransaction balancing, and if you think any differently your either a silly fanboy, or deluded.
You should read my post again because you clearly didnt respond to what I said. Or you're crazy I dont know, you made stuff in your head, I dont get why you come agressively at me with the answer I post.

sddefault.jpg

They don't need you to pay on top of what you have already paid. The Microtransactions are there but they aren't advertised in game or pushed. If you want to use one you'd have to step out of the game and find them and actually want to pay for them. You can play the game and enjoy the content without spending any extra money.
When PD is actively halving credits received for certain races, that constitutes as pushing MTs. I'm curious if you think there is any justification for that.

The only hope I have, and others might correct me on this if i'm wrong, but I initially held back on purchasing GT Sport, so when I had it, GT League was already there from 'Day one'.

Is there a possibility they'll add a similar mode that delivers the GT mode a lot of us crave further down the line, or is this pretty much where we're at now with this game?

Oh come on.. I get it, it can be frustrating to listen to people be upset at a game franchise you love but this was an absolute BS move by PD. Don't defend them and mock people for pointing out this horrible, greedy move they made.
Oh, i wasnt defending them. Yes, I agree that the lower payouts now are idiotic, and yes the "Always Online" career is weird, but i still find it annoying when people just decide that the game is unplayable and trying to force MTX down their throats, even though when i see gameplay, i barely even notice the text saying that you can buy more.

I understand where they're coming from, but i dont like the approach they went with, yet it's just immature to be arguing over something so topical.

See for yourself what will change in payouts. The only sensible (maybe positive) change will be the WTC800, but this championship takes a long time.
View attachment 1125602
I'd be OK with those payouts if the games economy would be like 20% of current one for everything... For someone that doesn't have much time to play, this is a big no no (especially if his/her monthly income is low)

I strongly agree that cheap cars are more fun and people flock too much to the big money stuff, but the problem comes from having enough money for mods. I don't go crazy on my cars by any means, but I'm averaging around 50-70k credits per car to mod them how I like.
I tend to just use races to earn the credits back while dialling the setup in. You don't notice the grind as much.

Oh nooooo!!

My grinding method is rrrruined! Now i have to spend a little more tiiiime! Oh the horror! I have to spend money on an easily avoidabe MTX purchase, which is only there so Sony wont force them to make the rest of the update a paid DLC!! I'm meeeelting!!

I'm gonna refund the game, sue PD, boycott Sony, and bomb Japan, Waaaaaaaah!
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your favorite car in the game?

Oh, i wasnt defending them. Yes, I agree that the lower payouts now are idiotic, and yes the "Always Online" career is weird, but i still find it annoying when people just decide that the game is unplayable and trying to force MTX down their throats, even though when i see gameplay, i barely even notice the text saying that you can buy more.

I understand where they're coming from, but i dont like the approach they went with, yet it's just immature to be arguing over something so topical.
But the game is unplayable and has been for over 15 hours.

Because LITERALLY NOBODY has said they want all the cars right now. Nobody thinks they're entitled to have all the cars right now. It's a straw man argument.

Prove me wrong. Quote one post in the thousands posted here with someone saying "I want all the cars in GT7 right now" or anything close to it.
It’s not a straw man, at all.

If no one is saying that, why does it feel like everyone is bemoaning the reduced credits and suggesting that PD are forcing people to use micro transactions? You don’t have to buy credits if you don’t want to. It doesn’t stop you from enjoying the game or doing what you want. All the monetary transactions are is a way to shortcut everything.

Aside from tuning a car, what do you need credits for? Buying the car.

I agree to a point that it seems the game is about collecting and appreciating cars, however as is in real life, we can’t all have the cars we’d like, and as in GT7, credits aren’t as easily come by as in other versions of the game. But why is this such a problem??
I know the comparison between a game and real life becomes patchy, and that video games (not necessarily games in general) are supposed to be fun, but that’s never stopped them from having a competitive edge. Not all games are “fun” per se.

It’s a level playing field for everyone - everyone has to deal with the same “economy” so why is it the massive issue that everyone is making it out to be? Is it because they don’t want to actually drive?

I don’t really understand any of the arguments that are being raised. They all seem like a lack of patience to me. No one is forcing you to grind the game. No one is forcing you to pay money for credits.
I don’t understand all the comments bemoaning things that no one is being forced to do, and what base the arguments have that reference these things. I’ve yet to see an entirely coherent one.

I just get enjoyment out of playing the game, playing sport mode, missions, licences, whatever. It’s all good. Aside from not being able to sell cars as I’ve already mentioned, what am I being forced to do or not do? Why is everyone complaining? Their access to the content, and the enjoyment in the game isn’t being compromised, is it?

I’m not sure what I’m missing that everyone is so het up about??

See for yourself what will change in payouts. The only sensible (maybe positive) change will be the WTC800, but this championship takes a long time.
View attachment 1125602
I did that World Touring Car 800 and you can just skip the first corner, so that saves a lot of time. But anyway this economy is just BS.

an offline mode that cant be played offline :confused:
That too, i didn´t knew that until now.

The servers are still down.

Yes, they are.
I think they are in a panic trying to fix the game economy.
I agree they are in a panic but I have a hard time believing that they are reacting so fast to the community reaction. Their previous history says otherwise.

I've never seen such a backlash on GT game before.
Me, too.

Forgetting about the grinding being a legit gameplay or not, I just don't see any rhyme or reason to reduce the payout of a given event from something more to something less. What good does that do to any player's enjoyment of the game? So that they have to play more to do something else they want to do in the game?

Back