Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
The Microtransactions are there but they aren't advertised in game or pushed.If you want to use one you'd have to step out of the game and find them and actually want to pay for them.
Are you talking about GT7? Because they are advertised every time you see your credit balance, and you can buy them right there.

It’s not a straw man, at all.

If no one is saying that, why does it feel like everyone is bemoaning the reduced credits and suggesting that PD are forcing people to use micro transactions? You don’t have to buy credits if you don’t want to. It doesn’t stop you from enjoying the game or doing what you want. All the monetary transactions are is a way to shortcut everything.
Because they're bemoaning the extreme amount of time it would take? How is that not clear by now?

0 hours = No
1600 hours = No

Somewhere more reasonable in between = Yes
Aside from tuning a car, what do you need credits for? Buying the car.

I agree to a point that it seems the game is about collecting and appreciating cars, however as is in real life, we can’t all have the cars we’d like, and as in GT7, credits aren’t as easily come by as in other versions of the game. But why is this such a problem??
Because this is a game. For fun. Not a real life simulator.
I know the comparison between a game and real life becomes patchy, and that video games (not necessarily games in general) are supposed to be fun, but that’s never stopped them from having a competitive edge. Not all games are “fun” per se.
If a game isn't fun, it's failed. Even simulator type games, whilst they can be used as a learning tool, are still fun.
It’s a level playing field for everyone - everyone has to deal with the same “economy” so why is it the massive issue that everyone is making it out to be? Is it because they don’t want to actually drive?
Er, because they don't like the economy?
I don’t really understand any of the arguments that are being raised. They all seem like a lack of patience to me. No one is forcing you to grind the game. No one is forcing you to pay money for credits.
No, so again, if you don't grind the same meta race you're looking at 1600 hours minimum to get everything that I want. More if your preference is online racing.
I don’t understand all the comments bemoaning things that no one is being forced to do, and what base the arguments have that reference these things. I’ve yet to see an entirely coherent one.

I just get enjoyment out of playing the game, playing sport mode, missions, licences, whatever. It’s all good. Aside from not being able to sell cars as I’ve already mentioned, what am I being forced to do or not do? Why is everyone complaining? Their access to the content, and the enjoyment in the game isn’t being compromised, is it?

I’m not sure what I’m missing that everyone is so het up about??
As the great Mick Hucknall once said (nearly), "If you can't see it by now, you will never never know".

Ok, two cars, whatever. Let’s pretend they’re 6,000,000 credits each, and they’re available for a limited time, let’s say a week. Enjoy!
  1. I would question what's going on with uses car values
  2. I merely chose if i can be bothered to grind for it.
If i haven't got time, then tough luck, i guess i'll just wait for next time.

Forgetting about the grinding being a legit gameplay or not, I just don't see any rhyme or reason to reduce the payout of a given event from something more to something less. What good does that do to any player's enjoyment of the game? So that they have to play more to do something else they want to do in the game?
There is a reason.

Open your Wallet and give GT7 your Paypal/Credit Card details. Don't actually play the game for stuff

Oh, i wasnt defending them. Yes, I agree that the lower payouts now are idiotic, and yes the "Always Online" career is weird, but i still find it annoying when people just decide that the game is unplayable and trying to force MTX down their throats, even though when i see gameplay, i barely even notice the text saying that you can buy more.
Think. Just think for a minute.

Do you think PD slashed payouts across the board to improve the player experience because we were having a bad time earning too many credits?

Or, by the very existence of MTX (that are displayed front and center on the Playstation home screen every time you boot up the game) in combination with the FOMO car collection mechanics, did they do this to make MTX even more enticing?

I can't believe nobody is mad about that absurd career mode.

Where is the good old GT expirience? Where is the freedom to choose which race i wanne drive next. Where are all the cups?
This so called career mode is so streamlined. If the cafe missions were just on top i would have no problem with that, but there is a whole carrer mode just missing.

Sorry guys im so pissed. I love Gran Turismo and i think GT7 is great in so many ways, but this is such a big downer for me.
I am very disappointed with that. It´s nothing like the old GT games. Another disappointment is that there is not a track creator in the game. I loved to create tracks in the old GT5.

Last edited:
I agree they are in a panic but I have a hard time believing that they are reacting so fast to the community reaction. Their previous history says otherwise.
They aren't. I reckon this is a monumental cockup of epic proportions.

Let's say the issue was something online. They would post a message, release the patch and be done with it. Custom lobbies broken? "Sorry, you can't create custom lobbies at the moment". Daily races screwed? "We've taken dailies offline whilst we investigate an issue". No. Whatever this is affects the base game in it's entirety, which comes to one of two conclusions:

1. They didn't test it, which could be likely given the regressions that happened on the last patch.
2. Something catastrophic happened that didn't present itself in testing.

#2 is the most likely. Looking at the posts over the last week about the game crashing when people purchase cars, or that credits earned aren't spendable, I reckon there's some severe issues with the save games at Polyphony that has corrupted data and they are desperately trying to restore it without making the situation worse.

I could do Lago (+55x) with a N200 car against the AI with N1000 cars for ten laps and receive 405k for a clean win and it improved my skills!
Bringing back the performance bonus would be huge. That system was the only reason I played GT Sport as long as I did. It incentivized you to go lower and lower in the performance level of the vehicle you chose for a given race, and paid well if you could beat. Fantastic system and any sane developer that wasn't just out to push MTX's would have built that into their next game.

That system not being here (or a very similar one wherein you get x amount of credits per PP delta) was the first "what the ****" moment I had in GT7.

Think. Just think for a minute.

Do you think PD slashed payouts across the board to improve the player experience because we were having a bad time earning too many credits?

Or, by the very existence of MTX (that are displayed front and center on the Playstation home screen every time you boot up the game) in combination with the FOMO car collection mechanics, did they do this to make MTX even more enticing?
I think neither.

They must have seen us complaining about some payouts being too low, and also assumed that some races pay too high. After all, PD make mistakes alot , especially in years ending in 8 or 2.

And lo' and behold.

The only hope I have, and others might correct me on this if i'm wrong, but I initially held back on purchasing GT Sport, so when I had it, GT League was already there from 'Day one'.

Is there a possibility they'll add a similar mode that delivers the GT mode a lot of us crave further down the line, or is this pretty much where we're at now with this game?
I bought GTS late enough in it's life cycle that the Daily Races were already weekly races and all the single player content had been added.

I thought it was pretty clear from the way they were talking that they were planning on taking a similar approach to adding content to GT7. I honestly don't know why so many people were expecting a fully realized complete game at launch - they pretty much said that wasn't going to be the case. That said, even I was a bit surprised at the lack of content at launch.

My biggest frustration was that the online racing was basically broken online play, the unrealistic oversteer in RWD cars and the improved physics exposing some of my shortcomings as a driver. 🤣

Are you talking about GT7? Because they are advertised every time you see your credit balance, and you can buy them right there.

Because they're bemoaning the extreme amount of time it would take? How is that not clear by now?

0 hours = No
1600 hours = No

Somewhere more reasonable in between = Yes

Because this is a game. For fun. Not a real life simulator.

If a game isn't fun, it's failed. Even simulator type games, whilst they can be used as a learning tool, are still fun.

Er, because they don't like the economy?

No, so again, if you don't grind the same meta race you're looking at 1600 hours minimum to get everything that I want. More if your preference is online racing.

As the great Mick Hucknall once said (nearly), "If you can't see it by now, you will never never know".
You make it sound like there’s only one way to enjoy the game.

I bought GTS late enough in it's life cycle that the Daily Races were already weekly races and all the single player content had been added.

I thought it was pretty clear from the way they were talking that they were planning on taking a similar approach to adding content to GT7. I honestly don't know why so many people were expecting a fully realized complete game at launch - they pretty much said that wasn't going to be the case. That said, even I was a bit surprised at the lack of content at launch.

My biggest frustration was that the online racing was basically broken online play, the unrealistic oversteer in RWD cars and the improved physics exposing some of my shortcomings as a driver. 🤣
If that is genuinely the case, that GT7 is a game where more content will be added and we've essentially been given a plate of chips and the steak and sides comes later, that's... fine. Although why they felt the need to omit a proper GT mode from the off is anyone's guess.

The only hope I have, and others might correct me on this if i'm wrong, but I initially held back on purchasing GT Sport, so when I had it, GT League was already there from 'Day one'.

Is there a possibility they'll add a similar mode that delivers the GT mode a lot of us crave further down the line, or is this pretty much where we're at now with this game?
If you look at the optional events that exist early in the game and the cafe doesn't direct you towards there is hope. The GR 4 cup, clubman +. They could add more of these. More with grid starts (and AI that can handle grid starts better!) hopefully and decent payouts!

If you look at the optional events that exist early in the game and the cafe doesn't direct you towards there is hope. The GR 4 cup, clubman +. They could add more of these. More with grid starts (and AI that can handle grid starts better!) hopefully and decent payouts!
Just don't mention the Tsukuba Circuit Clubman Cup Plus to me... I don't care what anyone says that s*** is impossible. (Although that might have been down to the tyre bug)

I'd be OK with those payouts if the games economy would be like 20% of current one for everything... For someone that doesn't have much time to play, this is a big no no (especially if his/her monthly income is low)
That's right. The WTC800 championship is 10 laps each on Monza and Daytona tracks. The whole process takes about 45 minutes.

The servers are still down. I think they are in a panic trying to fix the game economy. I've never seen such a backlash on GT game before.
I highly doubt this. The only explanation that makes sense to me why servers are still down is something went wrong with Sport-mode's daily races after implementation of the patch, or the physics.

Adjusting in-game currency economy by keeping their entire server down for close to 24hrs (well, 16hrs as we speak) is shooting themselves in the foot (this can be done via an extra patch while allowing their customers/users access to GT7).

Something went completely south this morning, something game-breaking in the eyes of PD, this only leaves multiplayer (Sportmode and custom lobbies) or the driving physics as possible options to me but I could be wrong of course. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Does it sound like i'm complaining though?

I'm just accepting if i have time or not, if i had time then i would gladly grind for hours, no matter the payout.
Good for you. Many of us do not find grinding several hours to afford one car to be fun, but to each his own.
Besides, what good will the A112 do? It's not gonna be conpetitive is it?
It’s your favorite car, so I’d imagine you wanna get it though, right?

I highly doubt this. The only explanation that makes sense to me why servers are still down is something went wrong with Sport-mode's daily races after implementation of the patch, or the physics.

Adjusting in-game currency economy by keeping their entire server down for close to 24hrs (well, 16hrs as we speak) is shooting themselves in the foot (this can be done via an extra patch while allowing their customers/users access to the GT7).

Something went completely south this morning, something game-breaking in the eyes of PD, this only leaves multiplayer (Sportmode and custom lobbies) or the driving physics as possible options to me but I could be wrong of course. Time will tell.
Does anyone believe that PD will actually tell us what happened?

How so? No ones got a gun to my head and demanding money for in-game credits.

I would like a bit better in-game economy though, 200% login bonus would probably be sufficient for me personally.
Do you want to remain poor wishing you had more credits to buy cool cars? Or do you want to take very simple steps of providing your CC info? Winning money on your own? C'mon, it'll take forever. Just do it and break already.

You make it sound like there’s only one way to enjoy the game.
That's it, that's your reply?

It doesn't matter how you play the game, it's going to take an insane amount of time to get everything to actually enjoy it.

If you grind the same race over and over, it's going to take at least 425 hours, just doing that. Nothing else.
If you play a wide variety of custom races or re-do the career events, it's going to take at least 1,600 hours.
If you spend all your time doing online races, it's going to take even longer.

How are you not getting it?

Last edited:
It’s your favorite car, so I’d imagine you wanna get it though, right?
A favourite car is just a favourite car, i just like it more than the others, doesnt mean that i lust for it and must have it at whatever means necessary, it just means that i look at one and say "Heh, thats cool." and move on.

Back