Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I can't quite grasp how you find the physics in Raceroom same-ish to Gran Turismo. The driving in Raceroom feels much better to me, and when racing you can actually touch other cars without being sent off like a ping-pong ball. And if online isn't your thing their AI is actually working and is much more fun to race. And all content can be bought at once for around 60 Euro.
Because the feel with a G29 wheel is similar to me. Don't get me wrong, the physics in R3E and AC are delicious, and all the tracks are bumpy everywhere making for a more realistic race, something Samus and a few others lament about GT tracks. The bots are more sensible by far - they can actually push around turns well! And to be honest, I can afford the $70 to get the total R3E car and track package, which would give me scads of hours of exploration.

AC mods though... I should find the AC forum and check them out, because I like mods generally. It's just the worry of "too good to be real" stuff that will spoil me. I'm sure they're rated though.

But, my heart right now is married to GT7. I really should go to Fallout 4-land and kill some Raiders and Gunners though. With lots of mods, while this server debacle gets sorted. ;)

Sorry for the double post but the forum wouldn't let me multiquote for the life of me, mutter...

I don't know what to think about all this. The game had a potential to be great most of people waited months, buying preorders including me and know they're flipping us with a finger. I don't want to be histerical either but the career mode is a big let down. I do understand bugs and glitches every big game has some, so if theyre fixing it that's ok. But making payouts even smaller is a straight up lazyness and greed. First of all lazyness because why make more events or races when you can make the players grind the same ones over and over. And second is pure greed because they know that it will take unhealthy amount of time to collect all cars the hard way, instead make players pay another tens of dollars for the same game. That's a shame...

Last edited:
As you can see Ryan, Samus absolutely smashed it with his post
I'm surprised...

There's 64 cars to go, and we know that a lot of them are going to be crazy expensive. And we are already at 277 million credits?
That's ridiculous. 425 hours of grinding the same race over and over again.

The cars remaining I'll just post a few:

-McLaren F1
-BMW McLaren F1 (FINA)
-McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing)
-Porsche 917k
-Porsche 962 C
-Ferrari 250 GTO
-Ferrari 330 P4
-250 GT Berlinetta
-Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
-Ford GT 40 Mark I
-Lamborghini Miura P400
-Mazda 787B
-Sauber C9 Mercedes
-Mercedes CLK-GTR LM
-Nissan R92 CP
-Jaguar XJR-9
-Jaguar D-Type
-Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
-Aston Martin DB3S
-Alpine A220

Neither of these cars is going to cost less than 2 million (the cars at the legendary car dealer are based on real life prices with the max price being 20 million). In fact, some of these are going to cost almost 20 million like the 330 P4, 917k and 250 GTO.
Needless to say that majority of these cars are cars that people really want to buy as well.

And let's not forget about FUTURE DLC CARS. Which certainly a few of them are going to be ultra legendary cars for sure.

But I'm going to be optimistic and think the credit payout will be raised. I mean, it has to be...

And let's not forget about FUTURE DLC CARS. Which certainly a few of them are going to be ultra legendary cars for sure.
Yep, so the DLC will launch and if you don;t have the funds right at that point you risk missing them as they cycle out of the Legendary UCD and you have to wait months for them to come around again, but never fear PD can help you out, just open up your wallet.

My biggest complaint with the Cafe game mechanic. It should never have been the focus of a single player campaign and more of a "Oh, you've progressed in the game the way you wanted, this much, and you've managed to match a cafe requirement? Well done! Here is your reward!"

I want the cars i've earned to feel earned, not something the game has instructed me to do in order to progress and unlock things. The Career Mode mechanic was fine the way it was. Sure it could have been tweaked, or made into an RPG style element, but Cafe should have been just an addition to the single player campaign, not the focus, IMO.

With these microtransactions, inability to sell bought/earned cars, its become increasingly obvious what the point of the game is.
I don't like the fact if you gained a car another way you don't enter the race for it.

Oh nooooo!!

My grinding method is rrrruined! Now i have to spend a little more tiiiime! Oh the horror! I have to spend money on an easily avoidabe MTX purchase, which is only there so Sony wont force them to make the rest of the update a paid DLC!! I'm meeeelting!!

I'm gonna refund the game, sue PD, boycott Sony, and bomb Japan, Waaaaaaaah!

Oh nooooo!!

My grinding method is rrrruined! Now i have to spend a little more tiiiime! Oh the horror! I have to spend money on an easily avoidabe MTX purchase, which is only there so Sony wont force them to make the rest of the update a paid DLC!! I'm meeeelting!!

Is this because no one chooses you as their first car?

I thought Nintendo was the biggest brand in gaming? I mean even Grandmothers know of Mario. But I doubt grandma knows anything of Forbidden West.
Wait, your grandma never heard of classics like Haze? Or the hidden gem Knack? 😄

I said Sony, not Nintendo because they mostly do their own thing.

Is that the actual new payout at Fisherman's? If so, and if there isn't a way to make close to what pre-patch Fisherman's was, then I am absolutely done for a few months minimum. What a joke this franchise has become
See for yourself what will change in payouts. The only sensible (maybe positive) change will be the WTC800, but this championship takes a long time.
inbound5734881928662883687.jpg

Oh nooooo!!

Truthfully I'd rather have monthly paid DLC cars than a game designed to push me into MTs.

Oh nooooo!!

Thankfully the alternative of repeating one race for over 20 hours is very reasonable and normal, which obviously makes microtransactions easily avoidable. Everyone who will spend entire days if not weeks of their lifes repeating the same race is very reasonable and normal, and very clever for avoiding microtransactions. PD is without a doubt very proud of those brave people and is glad that they understand that borderline insanity is the proper way to enjoy their game.

What? No?

Look it's their choice to pick the awful Aqua or the rather ok Fit Hybrid, I'm not mad because nobody picks me. I'm mad over people just decidint the game is garbage because they need to grind for a longer period.
Double post, but the Aqua is insanely good with the right tires and suspension. I got it down to 1:06 at Tsukuba with just a sport air filter, ECU, and muffler for power mods.

Oh man, who's decision was it to make the game unplayable when there's server maintenance? What kinda logic is this?

I do like to be able to (almost) seamlessly switch between machines (PS4 and PS5 in my case) depending on the TV situation in my house but it does seem like a pretty steep tradeoff.

What? No?

Look it's their choice to pick the awful Aqua or the rather ok Fit Hybrid, I'm not mad because nobody picks me. I'm mad over people just decidint the game is garbage because they need to grind for a longer period.
You make it sound like we're talking about 100 hours instead of 70. No, we're talking about 425 hours at a minimum, over 1600 hours playing without just grinding the best event over and over.

But yeah, people are just overreacting. Sure.

Last edited:
What? No?

That's unfortunately the problem when people think they need to buy the million credit supercars when the best car in the game is less than 20 bags.

I can't believe nobody is mad about that absurd career mode.

Where is the good old GT expirience? Where is the freedom to choose which race i wanne drive next. Where are all the cups?
This so called career mode is so streamlined. If the cafe missions were just on top i would have no problem with that, but there is a whole carrer mode just missing.

Sorry guys im so pissed. I love Gran Turismo and i think GT7 is great in so many ways, but this is such a big downer for me.

Oh nooooo!!

Oh come on.. I get it, it can be frustrating to listen to people be upset at a game franchise you love but this was an absolute BS move by PD. Don't defend them and mock people for pointing out this horrible, greedy move they made.

No, it isn't. As soon as you notice that you won't be able to get a 20 million car in a few days, no matter what you do, you just leave the game and go after something else.

And how would people enjoy a game for a long time that it's shorter than GT Sport, with far less events, all of them paying much less to buy much more expensive cars?
You were very unlikely to get a 20m car in a few days unless you didn't sleep. It's not really an issue. If your attention span is that low perhaps gaming isn't for you.
In my opinion they've become too greedy with these changes and chances are many people will drop the game, especially if they're interested in singleplayer content like me. PD could've retained previous economy and still relied on the MTX's to pay for the post-launch content. But no, they need you to pay up on top of what you've spent on the copy of the game.
They don't need you to pay on top of what you have already paid. The Microtransactions are there but they aren't advertised in game or pushed. If you want to use one you'd have to step out of the game and find them and actually want to pay for them. You can play the game and enjoy the content without spending any extra money.
Sure, that would cut it if the game also wasn't filled with FOMO mechanics.

How can I enjoy the game at my own pace when I gotta farm millions of credits in the window of a couple of days for this car I want before it leaves the LCD and comes back god knows when? That is only one example, you also have the UCD, invitations. And then we're talking only about launch content, this game will be updated with more as time goes on.

This is not your standard GT game that is timeless, that you can boot it up decades into the future and experience it at your own pace. This is looking more and more like a modern day live service game, you either stay on top of it, or you'll be missing out.
That sounds like a you problem. I don't feel I'd be missing out. I got to over a million credits within a few days. Enough to make me go, yeah I'll grab the Pagani I was invited to buy. If I missed the deadline, so what. It would be back at some point. There would be other cars to take my fancy until then. You may feel you are missing out but you're not really. There are ways to get the car and you certainly won't get 1 shot forever to get the car.
This argument could maybe fly if these didn't exist too: Rising prices of cars in-game, time-limited invitations, limited stock, pathetic payouts for custom races & online, rigged roulette and wildly expensive parts, amongst a whole slew of other traits all geared towards mtx.

If you do Fishermans Ranch now, at an average of 4 minutes + clean race bonus, you're looking at 30 hours of grinding for a 20mn credit car. A car that will leave the dealership in 4 days so better grind 7.5 hours a day. How anyone can defend this is beyond me, but then the world is full of such characters.
I'm not defending anyone. All I am trying to do is calm people down who are loosing their cool over something that isn't that big a deal. People are crying over having to spend real money to buy fake credits in game when the whole act of doing that said thing is entirely up to them when the game still gives you said credits for playing and racing in the game. It may take you an extra hour to make the same money as before but then that is an hour spent on a game you enjoy. Seems like a win to me.
Increasing longevity how? By making the game more grindy? This is FAKE longevity. The only way for a game to have proper, real longevity, is to have more content. In GT7's current state, that would be more events and more options to farm credits.

This is a scumbag move and absolutely unacceptable. PD is literally taking away from us content that we paid for. Part of the game are the easiest ways to earn credits, and right now the entire playerbase is at their mercy because they can simply adjust the numbers as they see fit, so that they can push out those terrible microtransactions. This takes me back to GT6. You take away the Seasonal Events from that game (because the servers are no more) and earning credits in that game is a grind fest.
Well they are planning more content. Let's not forget the game is barely 2 weeks old. What content that you paid for are they taking away? They aren't, FACT. They've adjusted a few figures in their game. It may change how you play the game, but it doesn't stop you playing it the same as before. If you want to play by grinding that's on you. But it is only how you have decided to play the game. So far they haven't pushed any microtransactions. It's only wild guesswork on your part to suggest they will. And even if they do it's up to you whether to pay them or not. I for one will not be.

Back