Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments

They said quite clearly that they found a bug. I don't know why people keep trying to claim it's the earthquake.

Yeah but you do get that they and their family’s live there, maybe they had some other problems right now that kept them from doing their job in time.

Please stop with these false equivalencies.

As much as I hate to admit it, FH5 has a bustling economy in comparison to GT7. You can make money tuning, painting, selling cars in the auction house, and reselling duplicates back to the dealer. Amazing detail, that. Surprised it's never been in a GT game before. Oh, that's right, it has but isn't a feature this time around because...reasons, I guess?

Anyway, no one is talking about playing the game for months to acquire every single car. I've literally never seen one single person here claim that. What I have seen is that it could take that same amount of time -- joking or otherwise -- to acquire one (1!) of the more expensive cars because GT7 doesn't have an actual economy because it's designed to push you toward purchasing credits. Running the race multiple times over because you have no other choice is an order of magnitude different than running the same race multiple times over because you want to.

Also, FH5 throws money, cars, clothing, emotes, taunts, sneakers, etc, etc at you like they're going out of style.

The last sentence is kind of why I think GT7s approach is a bit of fresh air. It doesn't throw money, cars, clothing, emotes, taunts, sneakers etc at you like they're going of style. It feels like you've actually earned your prize.
And those stupid emotes, sneakers, clothing etc I really could do without, to be honest. It's a racing game, not a knick knack collecting game lol.

It's been out less than a month, probably shouldn't have been released yet and they've now broken it - I don't understand how they brought out e.g gt 3/4/5 and can look at them all side by side and then bring out what they've brought out or has sony made them slap on microtransactions because it's such a popular game and then limit the prize monies to push the micro transactions?

I makes me rage that the game is currently selling itself short and has the basis of a very good game - limited races, limited access to cars, limiting prize monies, roulette items, seemingly better physics by miles except for the exceptions of weirdness haha!

Great article from GT Planet. Nice analysis of the numbers. Of course we need to remember that those are optimal credit earning per hour numbers... Most will earn much less than that when racing, let alone other non credit earning activities.

@Samus, while I "like" your post, Gran Turismo has always altered its DNA over the course of its lifetime. Supposedly, every GT since 4 has signed its own death warrant.

So, for someone like me, what are the alternatives?
  • Forza - err... no, I've had my fill, thank you
  • Assetto Corsa - it's very cool, but Kunos has my ire for its own car and track add-ons which really don't offer much, haven't even bothered to play it versus Fallout 4, No Man's Sky and GT Sport
  • RaceRoom - that's another winner, which I've sunk a wad of cash into, but getting the PC set up for it when I can have a blast playing GT7 - sorry, Sport right now, yeah... why not just play a prettier game with similar-ish physics, AND a livery editor?
  • rFactor 2, Automodelista - ohh... why not just give R3E and AC some more cash instead?
  • iRenting - no, just no. And you people complain about microtransactions??
So, what's a racing fan to do? Sorry to only shower on the picnic lightly, but gotta be honest.
I can't quite grasp how you find the physics in Raceroom same-ish to Gran Turismo. The driving in Raceroom feels much better to me, and when racing you can actually touch other cars without being sent off like a ping-pong ball. And if online isn't your thing their AI is actually working and is much more fun to race. And all content can be bought at once for around 60 Euro.

And regarding Assetto Corsa, not only are there thousands of track and car mods to download and enjoy, there are also free third-party online servers to race on.

If you're a mostly a Gran Turismo fan (and I get the feeling that was what you meant in your closing line) having a PC surely isn't going to help, but for mere racing fans PC is where it's at.

Must be this bug. It takes some time to get it out of the server. 😂
brain-bug-starship-troopers-bestiario.jpg

I don't get it.
Japan is 12/13 hours ahead off Europe, why won't they tell us if it will be fixed tomorrow morning 😅
Well, yes. I'd have hoped for some kind of eta, or when the next update will come (about this issue).

May not help, but it's basic customer service imo for what must be deemed a severity 1 outage now?

Last edited:
While everyone's been melting down they probably shut it all down and went to bed for the night, it's 7am there now so they'll be getting back at it soon 🤣

Yeah but you do get that they and their family’s live there, maybe they had some other problems right now that kept them from doing their job in time.
They started the maintenance AFTER the earthquake. If there was any issues in that regard they would have postponed it. You don't start doing something like that, knowing something could go wrong, if you're not prepared to deal with it because of an earthquake.

No, it's a bug. Like they said.

And then come players like me, who spend every single penny every time we can because why not keep buying more cars right? I have never purchased anything above 2 Mil...

The last sentence is kind of why I think GT7s approach is a bit of fresh air. It doesn't throw money, cars, clothing, emotes, taunts, sneakers etc at you like they're going of style. It feels like you've actually earned your prize.
And those stupid emotes, sneakers, clothing etc I really could do without, to be honest. It's a racing game, not a knick knack collecting game lol.
No, it doesn't throw anything at you and that's the crux of everyone's problems. Once you've finished the Cafe menus and you have what cars the game gives you, what worldly incentive is there to grind tirelessly for a multi-million credit car that may not even be available anymore once you have the funds for it? That's also assuming you have an invitation to buy the thing you want as well.

Invitations are a fantastic idea in theory as it elicits the same feeling of exclusivity as one would feel in the real world. The one huge drawback of that is that what happens in the real doesn't always translate to the virtual.

In a cheeky follow-up to this post, I present to you a few GTContradictions...

• It has a Used Car garage, but you can't sell your cars.

• It wants you to collect cars, but doesn't want to award you the credits needed to do so.

• It teaches driving technique to develop the players skill, then rewards that skill with a biased game of chance the player has no influence over.

• It uses artificial FOMO and low race rewards to promote impulse spending on microtransactions, but the MT's offered are so overpriced only a fool would be willing to pay for them.

What GTContradictions have you noticed?

I don't think you and I played the same Gran Turismo 7. You must have a special copy or something because the game I played I was handed cars like there was no tomorrow doing the cafe books. I did little to actually earn them.

Last edited:
In a cheeky follow-up to this post, I present to you a few GTContradictions...

• It has a Used Car garage, but you can't sell your cars.

• It wants you to collect cars, but doesn't want to award you the credits needed to do so.

• It teaches driving technique to develop the players skill, then rewards that skill with a biased game of chance the player has no influence over.

• It uses artificial FOMO and low race rewards to promote impulse spending on microtransactions, but the MT's offered are so overpriced only a fool would be willing to pay for them.

What GTContradictions have you noticed?

If I could like this post twice… I would 😂😂

To the contrary, it makes it look like you won the lottery or spent real money if you have the real expensive cars.

I don't think you and I played the same Gran Turismo 7. You must have a special copy or something because the game I played I was handed cars like there was no tomorrow doing the cafe books. I did little to actually earn them.

True but what I mean is you don't get dozens of wheelspins or go at least 150mph and win a Ferrari. Also, there aren't these IMO pointless prizes like sneakers and clothing. Wtf you supposed to do with them? 😂

True but what I mean is you don't get dozens of wheelspins or go at least 150mph and win a Ferrari. Also, there aren't these IMO pointless prizes like sneakers and clothing. Wtf you supposed to do with them? 😂

Gt7 is a driving simulator… forza isn’t lol it’s far to arcadey for me

I paid pretty much double the RRP for a PS5 (it's on its way) to play this game... but I'm not so sure anymore. PD have shown they are actively anti-consumer in their fight for microtransaction dollars. You would've though a hallmark PlayStation game like this would have been treated with more respect!
Feels like a bit of an incredulous argument.

Back