Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I got burned hard by GT5 when it came out, so much that I did not touch any GT game since. I have a PS5 on order with GT7, because I though GT7 will be my reintroduction back into GT. But hearing that the so called "career mode" is quite short, there are no offline saves and now this server outage, is making my rethink about my order. Am I over reacting or shall I cancel my ps5 order, and wait till GT7 is expanded upon two years down the line?
It's mixed, the game is awesome at one side (and ps5 is too), but very frustrating on many other levels (the grind and bad AI).

Keep your ps5 order and buy GT Sport in stead of GT7 ;)

Last edited:
If your plan is to make your game have a lifespan of 4-5 years, you do that by supporting it post-release in that time frame.

Not structuring the game so it takes over 2 years to get the content it initially shipped with.
That's exactly what I think they're going to do.

They haven't even started the monthly rolling updates because well... we're halfway through the first month.

Not even today I resorted to playing Music Rally 😂😂
I couldn't even get that far, just a GT loading screen after the error message.

Cheers to @Famine for the article though, I hope it goes a long ways to express everyone's frustration today.

Jerome

Last edited:
Not even today I resorted to playing Music Rally 😂😂
1st time playing Music Rally: "Oh this is novel! Good way of passing the time whilst it installs. Kudos GT7!"

4th time playing Music Rally: "I know I can get gold on this. I KNOW I can..."

7th time playing Music Rally: "I hate all classical music. End, end, end, end, end, END!"

Kaz is proud of a lot things that most people aren't. Must be the Japanese culture or something. :lol:
Could he try being proud of his own franchise and his fanbase? Just the once!?

1st time playing Music Rally: "Oh this is novel! Good way of passing the time whilst it installs. Kudos GT7!"

7th time playing Music Rally: "I hate all classical music. End, end, end, end, end, END!"
I read this all in my head to the rythm of Hooked On Classics.

And I loved the whole 17 seconds of it.

So what’s the end result? We back online? I just spent the last 7 hours changing out a starter in my fire engine.

Otherwise, it could be a way of temporarily increasing engagement. Whether or not it is a good decision depends on what the community thinks and what PD's revenue streams shows.
I mean sure, if the original game without needing to grind with lots of varied things to do can make player play longer to get those cars, that makes sense. We are talking about people can roll through the menu books and still not earn enough credit to buy even a couple of the high value cars. People HAVE to replay races to even get close to the credit value for those cars already. If engagment just means butt in the seat and grind away at it then they are looking at playing games too much like just go to work...

Nobody likes the new payouts. Most of this thread has been people saying they don't like them. Myself included.

I would argue that this change is the equivalent of abusing your customer.
You're right. Players should not be forced to buy credits. I think PD shot itself in the foot with that move. In a moment, nothing will be left of the positive impression after the premiere of the game. First, an error with the tires that made it impossible to make a license, now cutting the winnings, in addition, everyone has already lost coupons for daily kilometers from the 17th and additionally the daily logging counter drops to "0". It is a shame that so many errors will emerge two weeks after the premiere.

Could he try being proud of his own franchise and his fanbase? Just the once!?
All Music Rally reminds me of is how much of a step down this game's soundtrack is. Maybe I'm in the minority, but most of the new tracks are just bleh, across the board. Some I do like, but the majority is not good I'll admit. Perhaps I'm just too fond of Sport's very solid collection of lounge and chill music. Past tracks are welcome, but they are used as a crutch for the rest of the soundtrack.

Oh, look at me! I'm Mr. Proffesional Car Enthusiast, i need every car in my garage, if you dont have all the cars, you arent a car enthusiast, you're only scum! Mere scum.

Now let me make fun of you while i drive my 20 Million dollar car that you sort of like, and flaunt it in your face!
Not like that at all, but you said you go “Heh, that’s cool” and then move on, when you see your favourite car. Doesn’t sound like you’re very passionate when it comes to cars, that’s all.

I couldn’t care less about 70% or so of the cars in GT7 but many of those I do care about are expensive and I will not be able to buy quite a few, if not most, of them because of how the economy in GT7 is designed, and this was true already before the update. Now it’s even worse, but you think everything is fine, and that we’re overdramatising it all, which I don’t get.
Sir, not everyone cares for the 1964 Ford Anglo Saxophone Mustache Groomer 3500GT MKIII. Please quit being a snobby ********, it's not helping you prove your point.
Irrelevant what cars you do or do not like, and you have no idea what cars I’m into. You didn’t pay attention, did you?

Last edited:
Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but for the people blaming the earthquake for the servers being offline gt sport loads up perfectly fine so like they said it's a "bug" whatever that means in reality

Disconnect your console from the internet, it will stop trying to connect to the server then and should let you in.
Ah okay. I'll try it later today. Oh wait, except if I do the Music Rally events, it still won't save that progress I'm guessing. I'll just wait it out.

Jerome

All Music Rally reminds me of is how much of a step down this game's soundtrack is. Maybe I'm in the minority, but most of the new tracks are just bleh, across the board. Some I do like, but the majority is not good I'll admit. Perhaps I'm just too fond of Sport's very solid collection of lounge and chill music. Past tracks are welcome, but they are used as a crutch for the rest of the soundtrack.
I personally loved GT5's soundtrack and consider it the series' best, and was happy to hear many of the tracks return, but the whole soundtrack just feels cobbled together with no real tone or direction. Just that they had this in the game once, it was popular, so here it is again. And yeah, the new tracks aren't that memorable aside from Vroom, which seems to play for me every 10 minutes so I have no choice.

Not like that at all, but you said you go “Heh, that’s cool” and then move on, when you see your favourite car. Doesn’t sound like you’re very passionate when it comes to cars, that’s all.
If I see a car i like, any car, no matter what it is, i just say that it's cool, or something along the lines, and I dont go "OH MY GOD! IS THAT THE 1996 LAMBERATTI FASTERGONI GTRSLM SUPERVELOCE ROADSTER IN NUNYA'BUISNESS PURPLE METALIC? I LOVE THAT CAR!"

I'm hoping no one at Polyphony is tasked with having to read DMs on the brand accounts, those are going to be rough to read.
That's handled by an external company anyway that's only tasked with handling various videogame social media accounts afaik. They probably don't give a single damn :boggled:

Last edited:
Ah okay. I'll try it later today. Oh wait, except if I do the Music Rally events, it still won't save that progress I'm guessing. I'll just wait it out.

Jerome
You can also do time trials, drift trials and arcade races.

The time trials count towards your daily marathon (if it will remember is another thing), but for reasons (PD reasons) races don't!

I personally loved GT5's soundtrack and consider it the series' best, and was happy to hear many of the tracks return, but the whole soundtrack just feels cobbled together with no real tone or direction. Just that they had this in the game once, it was popular, so here it is again. And yeah, the new tracks aren't that memorable aside from Vroom, which seems to play for me every 10 minutes so I have no choice.
First thing I do with every Gran Turismo game is turn all the music off :D

Back