Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Listen, i'll criticize whatever i want, but seeing people say that "collecting cars is the main goal" or whatever, just boils my ice cold bottle of water. Sure, i can still drink it, but its gonna be annoying to drink it since its just hot and not refreshing.
Is Collector Level not the main indicator of progress in the game? Because if my main goal is getting my collector level up by collecting cars I'm probably going to figure collecting cars is indeed the main goal.

...collecting.

Tuning-wise, yes indeed. Car collecting-wise, not really. The daily bonus cars were never the really high value ones for me and were a lot of doubles I didn't care about and just deleted. But you had the choice when you were gifted a car you'd already bought with credits to sell it for again to regain some of the spent credits as I did a few times when I was short on buying another car. Gifted cars were just deleted though. Mileage points were the real pain i t a because you needed them for cosmetics and higher performance and you didn't get a lot of them.
Maybe it's just me but I found it rather easy to get mileage points (and credits, but that's another story) in GTS. Maybe it's because I did a lot of time trials testing out cars and such. I must've driven almost every car in the game at least once.

Honestly, doesn't bother me. I don't care to collect them all. You can beat the game without grinding out credits and (I suspect) the most competitive cars are at the lower end of the price brackets.

I believe that this is how PD intend the game to be and don't feel it is being skewed by MT's at all. If MT's were dropped, the economy of the game won't change.

There are more events coming, more higher end events will come with bigger pay-outs, whether they will be more efficient one can only guess. We are only 2 weeks into the games' life, still a lot can and will change and these things take time.
But then why nerf the prize outputs if there is meant to be more later...

Is Collector Level not the main indicator of progress in the game? Because if my main goal is getting my collector level up by collecting cars I'm probably going to figure collecting cars is indeed the main goal.

...collecting.
Well it's AN level, that goes up when you obtain any car, wether it be new, used, or a duplicate.

Besides, after the GT Cafe it's just pointless.

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, you'll be saying the exact same thing in five years' time when GT8 comes out and you inevitably buy it to give Polyphony Digital another 'one last chance'.
Seriously? That's all you got? Man, even @Tornado did it better than that. Anyway, keep thinking that, because I am OFFICIALLY confiming I am done with the franchise. It's clear to me that PD/Sony no longer care about making GT a fun experience for everyone anymore, or what we think needs to be improved or whatnot. It looks like they are striving to milk more money off of their fans with GT's name alone, fans who have supported them for all these years. Making the game online only was one thing. But now pushing players to buy in game credits after reducing the prize money in events? Wow, and there are those STILL defending them.

It really breaks my heart to see GT go down this route. The PD we all knew and love has now been consumed by greed, even abusing its fans like forcing MTX upon them. I don't know how some of you are doing it, but I would've lost my sanity years ago had I not moved over to Forza back in 2015.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with this franchise because I feel this is only the tip on the iceberg, especially if PD doesn't change their ways now.

Last edited:
Seriously? That's all you got? Man, even @Tornado did it better than that. Anyway, keep thinking that, because I am OFFICIALLY confiming I am done with the franchise. It's clear to me that PD/Sony no longer care about making GT a fun experience for everyone anymore, or what think needs to be improved or whatnot. It looks like they are striving to milk more money off of their fans who had supported them for all these years. Making the game online only was one thing. But now pushing players to buy in game credits after reducing the prize money in events? Wow, and there are those STILL defending them.

It really breaks my heart to see GT go down this route. The PD we all knew and love has now been consumed by greed, even abusing its fans like forcing MTX upon them. I don't know how some of you are doing it, but I would've lost my sanity years ago had I not moved over to Forza back in 2015.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with this franchise because I feel this is only the tip on the iceberg, especially if PD doesn't change their ways now.
And i'll see you again in about 5 months, give or take.

Is it telling you that it's the main goal?

It's just saying that you can have fun as you buy some more cars, and that there are over 400 cars.

Again, is it the main point of buying GT7?
So, it's moved from a goal to the main goal.

Missing the point that you were still wrong.
Besides, thats a goal, not a selling point,

As shown in the video where "Collect" appears before any other thing you'll be able to to. It is a selling point.

Maybe it's just me but I found it rather easy to get mileage points (and credits, but that's another story) in GTS. Maybe it's because I did a lot of time trials testing out cars and such. I must've driven almost every car in the game at least once.
I found myself always short on them though, not the last year or so, but when I didn't have all the colors and rims yet, I had to grind a bit to be able to buy most of them every Tuesday (I believe :) )

A few months ago I started to collect every in every class (N200-N500=4 of same cars) and I found myself short again on mileage points 😆 but I didn't mind 'cause I could earn them and have fun at the same time.

As shown in the video where "Collect" appears before any other thing you'll be able to to. It is a selling point.
If i said "FRIES" when you enter my theoretical restaurant, does it mean that the main item to eat are the potatos?

Again, just having that be the first word appear on a video doesnt mean that its the main thing, its like having the next NFS game have "CUSTOMIZE" in its trailer as it's first word, it's not the main goal, its just something else you can do.

That’s great and all, but that still has yet to be seen and it certainly doesn’t justify making credits more difficult to get in the mean time.

But then why nerf the prize outputs if there is meant to be more later...
They also increased the pay-outs on some of the ones that were very low on pay-out for their time investment/difficulty. PD appear to be correcting their mistakes in both directions. If something is incorrect/broken by their opinion, it makes sense to fix it? Even if it goes against what some people want? Not all bug fixes fix problems or fix things the community/players don't like.

This server maintenance is taking ridiculously long and the communication is terrible…
They're having to update the game's branding . . .

gran-turismo-7-launch-edition copy.png

They also increased the pay-outs on some of the ones that were very low on pay-out for their time investment/difficulty. PD appear to be correcting their mistakes in both directions. If something is incorrect/broken by their opinion, it makes sense to fix it? Even if it goes against what some people want? Not all bug fixes fix problems or fix things the community/players don't like.
In reference to the halved payouts, the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Last edited:
Listen, i'll criticize whatever i want, but seeing people say that "collecting cars is the main goal" or whatever, just boils my ice cold bottle of water. Sure, i can still drink it, but its gonna be annoying to drink it since its just hot and not refreshing.
I can't fathom how you are white knighting for PD on this. No one is saying collecting is the "main" goal. But it is a goal, hence the scrapbook to track your progress. And of course no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy anything, but that is the case for many things including buying the game to start with. PD would have known the cost of mtx pre release and also the miserly economy. They chose not to reveal it until launch. I wonder why? Maybe because it's hot garbage.

Not 1 person in the thousands of posts regarding the economy has asked for or expected a Forza Horizon style economy, not a single 1. A realistic level of effort to acquire high end cars is and should be par for the course in a GT title, but to defend how broken what PD has dished up here is laughable. The roulette is a joke, and the payouts are just as bad. Factor in the cost of car maintenance and it's even worse. The defence that the game should last 4 to 5 years is also one of the most stupid arguments I've come across. Make it fun with varied events, access to all the cars in a reasonable time frame, a worthwhile custom race setup and a good Sport mode and I'll keep playing well after my garage is bursting.

Using the 5 year argument and then saying that the game isn't about collecting is also contradictory. You need the collection aspect to continue for 5 years so the game stays relevant, but collecting isn't the aim of the game? Give me a break.

If i said "FRIES" when you enter my theoretical restaurant, does it mean that the main item to eat are the potatos?

Again, just having that be the first word appear on a video doesnt mean that its the main thing, its like having the next NFS game have "CUSTOMIZE" in its trailer as it's first word, it's not the main goal, its just something else you can do.
This is just more goal post moving.

You said it wasn't a selling point, it very clearly is by it appearing in an ad video. There's no need more to discuss this.

Last edited:
Wow, i soooo agree with you, we should start insulting the people trying to fix the game because you havent got to play GT7 within 5 minutes after the maintenance, and just assume that it's going to be a gacha game, because they most likely messed up race payouts, you're a genius.
I wonder why you post this way? Many of your latest posts come across as a bit aggressive.

Last edited:
Wow, i soooo agree with you, we should start insulting the people trying to fix the game because you havent got to play GT7 within 5 minutes after the maintenance, and just assume that it's going to be a gacha game, because they most likely messed up race payouts, you're a genius.
This guy is basically trying to be Polyphony's white knight in tinfoil armour, very bizarre behaviour.

Latest Posts

Back