Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Honestly, doesn't bother me. I don't care to collect them all. You can beat the game without grinding out credits and (I suspect) the most competitive cars are at the lower end of the price brackets.

I believe that this is how PD intend the game to be and don't feel it is being skewed by MT's at all. If MT's were dropped, the economy of the game won't change.

There are more events coming, more higher end events will come with bigger pay-outs, whether they will be more efficient one can only guess. We are only 2 weeks into the games' life, still a lot can and will change and these things take time.

Does it really say that though?

It's just saying "Go collect all those cars! Have fun!", it's not saying "If you dont buy every single car in the game within 6 weeks, a Peugeot RCZ will come out of the screen and murder your entire family and skin your dog. Start racing."
The only progression that is tracked in the game is your car collector level. I'd say it's safe to say acquiring cars is a core pillar of the title given they don't even have driver level like they did in Sport.

All Music Rally reminds me of is how much of a step down this game's soundtrack is. Maybe I'm in the minority, but most of the new tracks are just bleh, across the board. Some I do like, but the majority is not good I'll admit. Perhaps I'm just too fond of Sport's very solid collection of lounge and chill music. Past tracks are welcome, but they are used as a crutch for the rest of the soundtrack.
This is very much my notion on the music selection in this title. Pales in my comparison to previous iterations. GT Sport had a fantastic soundtrack. This one has a few decent ones, but much too much of unmemorable, uninspired tracks, especially a lot of the racing music. Spotify is a good solution but it's disappointing when I have to resort to it because the music of the game got old within less than two weeks of launch.

Funny, I tend to do same, cannot race when music distracts from sound of squealing tires telling me I am losing grip on road...
I do the same. I leave maybe 10 songs that do not drown out the sounds of the game. I want to hear the car, not screw up a mad guitar 🤣

Honestly, doesn't bother me. I don't care to collect them all. You can beat the game without grinding out credits and (I suspect) the most competitive cars are at the lower end of the price brackets.

I believe that this is how PD intend the game to be
No, they have on several occasions promoted this game as being one where you try to collect and own all the cars. There is a menu specifically to track that. The whole single player is about collecting cars. The talking heads in the game suggest you do that. It's a goal PD are absolutely suggesting you work towards, so they know how much time it's going to take.

Last edited:
No, they have on several occasions promoted this game as being one where you try to collect and own all the cars. There is a menu specifically to track that. The whole single player is about collecting cars. The talking heads in the game suggest you do that. It's a goal PD are absolutely suggesting you work towards, so they know how much time it's going to take.
Yeah, they're suggesting you get all the cars, they arent forcing you.

Besides, thats a goal, not a selling point, its just something you CAN do, not something you have to do now.

I believe that this is how PD intend the game to be and don't feel it is being skewed by MT's at all. If MT's were dropped, the economy of the game won't change.
I'd find this a lot easier to believe if quite a bit of content wasn't timed exclusive with no way to get it on a secondary in-game market. As it is quite a bit of content is either only available when PD wants it to be with no idea when they will appear again or down to getting lucky enough to get an invite.

They had plenty of other possible routes to take when determining how to make certain cars available which would have been far more fair to the players and they chose none of them. Every choice they have made in this regard is clearly trying to tap into people's fear of missing out and based on the recent credit nerfing it's also obvious the route they are trying to get people to take to avoid missing out.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're suggesting you get all the cars, they arent forcing you.

Besides, thats a goal, not a selling point, its just something you CAN do, not something you have to do now.
It's literally on the back of the box to do so.
FMRHQVt-XEAEX9-YT.jpg

"Unlock your driving passion as you collect, tune, and race over 400 cars and 90 track layouts".

"Collect" literally appears in this ad video as well.

Last edited:
What's your point? That because I don't have to do something in a game, it can't be criticised?

I don't have to do anything in any game.
Listen, i'll criticize whatever i want, but seeing people say that "collecting cars is the main goal" or whatever, just boils my ice cold bottle of water. Sure, i can still drink it, but its gonna be annoying to drink it since its just hot and not refreshing.

From the perspective of GTS, everything looks like a tedious grind because pretty much everything was already given to you.
Tuning-wise, yes indeed. Car collecting-wise, not really. The daily bonus cars were never the really high value ones for me and were a lot of doubles I didn't care about and just deleted. But you had the choice when you were gifted a car you'd already bought with credits to sell it for again to regain some of the spent credits as I did a few times when I was short on buying another car. Gifted cars were just deleted though. Mileage points were the real pain i t a because you needed them for cosmetics and higher performance and you didn't get a lot of them.

There are more events coming, more higher end events will come with bigger pay-outs, whether they will be more efficient one can only guess. We are only 2 weeks into the games' life, still a lot can and will change and these things take time.
That’s great and all, but that still has yet to be seen and it certainly doesn’t justify making credits more difficult to get in the mean time.

It's literally on the back of the box to do so.
FMRHQVt-XEAEX9-YT.jpg

"Unlock your driving passion as you collect, tune, and race over 400 cars and 90 track layouts".

"Collect" literally appears in this ad video as well.

Is it telling you that it's the main goal?

It's just saying that you can have fun as you buy some more cars, and that there are over 400 cars.

Again, is it the main point of buying GT7?

Back