Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I can't fathom how you are white knighting for PD on this. No one is saying collecting is the "main" goal. But it is a goal, hence the scrapbook to track your progress. And of course no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy anything, but that is the case for many things including buying the game to start with. PD would have known the cost of mtx pre release and also the miserly economy. They chose not to reveal it until launch. I wonder why? Maybe because it's hot garbage.

Not 1 person in the thousands of posts regarding the economy has asked for or expected a Forza Horizon style economy, not a single 1. A realistic level of effort to acquire high end cars is and should be par for the course in a GT title, but to defend how broken what PD has dished up here is laughable. The roulette is a joke, and the payouts are just as bad. Factor in the cost of car maintenance and it's even worse. The defence that the game should last 4 to 5 years is also one of the most stupid arguments I've come across. Make it fun with varied events, access to all the cars in a reasonable time frame, a worthwhile custom race setup and a good Sport mode and I'll keep playing well after my garage is bursting.

Using the 5 year argument and then saying that the game isn't about collecting is also contradictory. You need the collection aspect to continue for 5 years so the game stays relevant, but collecting isn't the aim of the game? Give me a break.
Listen.

I HATED GT5's progression,
I LOATH the AI in GT2.
and I DESPISED the whole "star" progression in GT6.

I have multiple strong opinions on what they have done in past GT games.

And yet,
I find reasoning in their (awful) choices.
Besides, i may be wrong, and am making myself look like an idiot.

But i still think what i want to think.

Go on, tell me, explain to me how collecting cars is the main goal, i'll listen, and i'll give my thougths.

If i said "FRIES" when you enter my theoretical restaurant, does it mean that the main item to eat are the potatos?

Again, just having that be the first word appear on a video doesnt mean that its the main thing, its like having the next NFS game have "CUSTOMIZE" in its trailer as it's first word, it's not the main goal, its just something else you can do.
If I had a steak restaurant I wouldn't want LETTUCE be the first thing customers see when they walk in.

Customizing cars has been a core gameplay staple in recent NFS games, what are you even on?

They also increased the pay-outs on some of the ones that were very low on pay-out for their time investment/difficulty. PD appear to be correcting their mistakes in both directions. If something is incorrect/broken by their opinion, it makes sense to fix it? Even if it goes against what some people want? Not all bug fixes fix problems or fix things the community/players don't like.
B1DA7841-CFCE-4520-A65E-CB9EE699BC02.jpeg

The first two events seem like legitimate fixes. 5k clearly wasn’t right. However, I can’t see any good, logical reason to cut the payouts of several other races by around half or less. And doing that to the two most popular races for grinding credits (Gr.4 High Speed Ring and Fisherman’s Ranch) looks very suspicious and I highly doubt this is a coincidence.

Last edited:
Listen.

I LOATH the AI in GT2.

And yet,

Go on, tell me, explain to me how collecting cars is the main goal, i'll listen, and i'll give my thougths.
Why are you so obsessed with asking that? Do we need to prove that it's the main goal before we can criticise the payouts?

Listen.

I LOATH the AI in GT2.

And yet,

Comprehension not your strong point? Read the first line of my post. I said it wasn't the main goal, but still a goal.

Why it's a goal?
1) It's the first thing listed in the very limited space to explain the game on the pack
2) The collector scrapbook
3) The collector level replacing experience points

That took 5 seconds, I'm intrigued to hear how you think it's not.

And in any case what difference does it make if it's a designed goal? Maybe going by the tone of the consumers on this board since release the majority want to enjoy the collection aspect in what they consider is a fair time frame.

Why are you so obsessed with asking that? Do we need to prove that it's the main goal before we can criticise the payouts?
Look, just go back to the payouts, for god sake just do it, i can get stuck on a topic very easy.

Please, ignore what i said in the last minutes, just continue with the main topic at hand

Last edited:
View attachment 1125660

The first two events seem like legitimate fixes. 5k clearly wasn’t right. However, I can’t see any good, logical reason to cut the payouts of several other races by around half or less. And doing that to the two most popular races for grinding credits (Gr.4 High Speed Ring and Fisherman’s Ranch) looks very suspicious and I highly doubt this is a coincidence.
The 5k races look like a typo, honestly. I'd assume they meant to type 50k and missed a zero. No big deal, this stuff happens.

View attachment 1125660

The 15k to 10k is just straight up petty - like why even bother?

Eks
I spent a good bit of my morning doom-scrolling this thread. 12 hours later, and all is the same. :lol: I was inactive here for quite a while after GT6 - surely a maintenance period this long is a first?
It can't be considered "maintenance" at this point - it's now broken and being repaired.

Good thing PD and Sony are being transparent and keeping us in the loop with frequent updates in regards to the status of one of their biggest games/franchises

Last edited:
View attachment 1125660

...well, if I look at my stats as of yesterday: 47 cars bought, and spent on those cars approx 34.5m credits... this means that avg a car costs approx 735k, looking at any of these payouts, how much does it make sense at all?!?! I mean, let's say you avg finish a race in 15 minutes, this makes it like 4 races in an hour, and you'll get how much of ingame credits? And then you need to make just a simple calculation how much time do you need in order to buy a car? Not saying all the cars are expensive, but there are a lot of them with hefty price tag, my avg is from used car dealership and legendary shop as of yesterday any car that is older then 2000 I bought...

And on top of all, not saying price wise upgrades are expensive, but some of those really don't have any justification for how much they cost... and then again, looking back at this table here (or how much avg race brings) how much time do you need to spend GRINDING in order to do anything in game?

I really hope PDi and Kazunori-san are aware what (if not they then whoever is responsible for MTX etc) have done...

And on top of it all, as a cherry on a cake, we got silly roulette thig with car invitations, upgrade parts and engine swaps that cannot be obtained anywhere else... wouldn't mind cars and credits in roulette... but this was already too much TBH

@tonystarks131 ...not sure if broken is right word to say lol

Last edited:
Eks
I spent a good bit of my morning doom-scrolling this thread. 12 hours later, and all is the same. :lol: I was inactive here for quite a while after GT6 - surely a maintenance period this long is a first?

I’m honestly convinced the saved game files have been corrupted or something at this point.

It can't be considered "maintenance" at this point - it's now broken and being repaired.

Good thing PD and Sony are being transparent and keeping us in the loop with frequent updates in regards to the status of one of their biggest games/franchises
Yeah I'm pretty sure something has gone wrong. Obviously there are countless companies large and small around the world that conduct server maintenance regularly and test everything in the background before going live. If it's got bugs it's got bugs, they'll just fix it again. Even Apple has released bugged iOS updates to tens of millions of customers and the whole process is seamless. Spectrum, my internet provider, has had issues that lasted a few hours at the longest and that involves a load of actual infrastructure, not just files on servers.

Besides genuine infrastructure failures like power outages caused by blizzards, I think this is the longest mx period I've dealt with, possibly ever. It's been 12 hours since I became aware of it and it was already occurring so we're halfway into the second shift of employees working on this lol.

Edit: Matter of fact, the longest server mx periods I can remember have actually been GTPlanet's own server migrations which have happened several times over the years. A few hours at the longest, typically overnight here in the US, and boom it's done. And Jordan already informed everybody what was going to happen, the risk something could go wrong, etc. For a small company and operation that's totally warranted but big corps don't tend to struggle with things like this so the lack of updates is not inspiring confidence.

Last edited:
Back