Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
And how is it even fun doing the same thing over and grinding for hours anyways.
It's not... Kinda the entire reason people are pissed; what was a grind in 1.06 is now turning into a total slog that would take part-time job levels of dedication to make a dent in buying some of the high-end cars on offer.
I'm familiar it will stop giving you cars, but there is so much else to explore with current cars. I don't find the idea of everything being easily handed to you as fun. Having cars more difficult to get adds more value to achieving and buying them. The people that quickly get everything are going to stop playing once they achieve everything regardless. The people who actually enjoy the driving and modding will stay playing the game long term.
This straw-man keeps popping up and it gets more aggravating every time... No one is saying they want everything handed to them! What they want is a reasonable path to acquiring what the game has to offer. In every other mainline GT I would have 90% of the cars on offer within 2-3 weeks of buying the game but it didn't mean it was "game over" by any means. In fact, once one has access to the vast majority of the cars is when the game really starts to open up. Trying out different tuning setups, running 50 different 90's JDM cars around a single track to see which one would lap the quickest. Hell, running 15 different Skylines/GT-R's, Z cars, mx-5's, RX-7's, NSX's around a track to see which one laps the fastest was very much my forte. Taking the slowest of those cars and tuning it until it can compete with the fastest in the category, etc, etc. That's where the meat of the game has always been, and in order to get to that "meat" you have to have the cars in the first place. Owning all/most of the cars isn't the end-game, it's the bridge that takes you to the end-game.

Last edited:
If only I could afford cars and mods...
Do you enjoy grinding and repeating the same race over and over?
It's not difficult though. There is little to no skill in grinding events for credits. It's just incredibly time consuming.

If you want to value a car and make it genuinely difficult, put it behind an actual skill barrier, or at least a big effort.

Example.

"Le Mans Time Trial Series"
5 single lap time trials with challenging to drive cars from the history of the 24 Hour Race. Throw in weather on one. Make the gold times 9/10 hard.

1M credits if you gold each one.
Gold all five, win the Porsche 917K.

"Gran Turismo World Championship"
10 race championship, ~45 minutes each, in Gr.1 cars. Grid starts, fuel and tyre wear on. Mid-championship saves available.

Win the championship, prize of 5M credits and a Mazda 787B.

If that is how cars were also gated people wouldn't have as much of an issue. If you're good enough, you can win them. If not, there is still the time gate option. Right now it's just a time barrier, nothing more.
It will probably come down the the same arguments if they make the prize too difficult. People that don't want to improve their driving habits will complain that they are being forced into micro transactions.

It's not... Kinda the entire reason people are pissed; what was a grind in 1.06 is now turning into a total slog that would take part-time job levels of dedication to make a dent in buying some of the high-end cars on offer.

This straw-man keeps popping up and it gets more aggravating every time... No one is saying they want everything handed to them! What they want is a reasonable path to acquiring what the game has to offer. In every other mainline GT I would have 90% of the cars on offer within 2-3 weeks of buying the game but it didn't mean it was "game over" by any means. In fact, once one has access to the vast majority of the cars is when the game really starts to open up. Trying out different tuning setups, running 50 different 90's JDM cars around a single track to see which one would lap the quickest. Hell, running 15 different Skylines/GT-R's, Z cars, mx-5's, RX-7's, NSX's around a track to see which one laps the fastest was very much my forte. Taking the slowest of those cars and tuning it until it can compete with the fastest in the category, etc, etc. That's where the meat of the game has always been, and in order to get to that "meat" you have to have the cars in the first place. Owning all/most of the cars isn't the end-game, it's the bridge that takes you to the end-game.
I'm just trying to understand this. How many cars can you acquire through license, café and missions? I haven't finished cafe yet, but I'm getting handed cars at a faster pace than GT2,3,6 etc.

I feel saddened by GT7. The game just makes me sad now. :guilty:

There was a lot of potential to make a great game, one if not the best in the series but they're ruining it with all these MTXs, and other questionable design choices.
Same here. GT7 doesn't feel like it's a part of the same series I fell in love with. Part of me want to return the game, but at the same time I'm not even sure if the hassle is worth it.

I think I'm gonna choose to be optimistic and wait it out. There's no way the game is currently in it's finished state...

The people that enjoy the driving and physics aspects could care less about overflowing their garage with cars they wont use because they will be focused on perfecting what they have and carrying them into races. If you think about iRacing price points, you would think they should go out of business, but people who spend there are very invested in it. People that care about tuning and driving are the long term players, not the 2 week and done ones. So I don't think people getting outraged at this is going to affect the player base.

Last edited:
No, which is why I'm pissed at the state of this game. I genuinely don't understand what you're getting at.
So you don't really enjoy playing the game, but rather want to collect everything? I'm just saying this bc despite just collecting cars, there is so much depth in other aspects of the game that you can spend hours upon hours with.

Could care less or couldn't care less? I ask because I have a lot of care for the GT franchise and I could care less...

You try to compare iRacing with GT7 without addressing the main difference, being that people enter into iRacing knowing in advance that cars and tracks etc are added on as required, with a cost attached. GT7 is sold as a complete product which is pushing microtransactions to obtain items already present in the game where players expect a reasonable point of access. They cannot keep moving the access points and expect their customer base to be happy about it. BTW, I paid $159 AU for GT7 and have not paid anything near that for iRacing and it's addons.
How much content do you have for iRacing? I understand what you are saying about the access point. I guess PD dug themselves into a hole, but what else can they do with a PS IP. The game is already super expensive to make and they will give free updates its whole life span. I understand they got a lot of people to pay. The reality is making these game start off as a huge loss in the first place with the amount of work that has to be placed in it.

This is why i don't buy games around launch these days. Games are almost always incomplete &/or changed through patches, either for better or worse. I can wait & decide if it's worth the money later on.
This is a good strategy. Really wish I had waited now. But what's done is done and I am not going to bother asking for a refund as I still enjoy some aspects of GT7 and hope for the best.

How much content do you have for iRacing? I understand what you are saying about the access point. I guess PD dug themselves into a hole, but what else can they do with a PS IP. The game is already super expensive to make and they will give free updates its whole life span. I understand they got a lot of people to pay. The reality is making these game start off as a huge loss in the first place with the amount of work that has to be placed in it.
I deleted my comment. I cooled down and felt it was inappropriate and rude. I apologize for that.

I am. I haven't searched the articles. But I still think it remains a fact that you get more in a shorter time frame than other games.
Because a game like GT4 took upwards of 300-400 hours to 100%. GT7 has about 30-40 hours for everything.

This is my first post here in a few years, and I'd have to say that I don't really know how this was even an issue to begin with. Gran Turismo is known for being grindy; its what makes it fun for me at least. So why then, after you complete the cafes, do you not have any of the events that Gran Turismo is known for? Where are the endurance events? Gr1., Lamborghini, gr2., rainmasters and nightmasters to name a few. Monza is not even used in the game during the cafes apart from for one championship event, and has only one event afterward. I don't get how/why they couldn't have just ported the GT4 events over, especially considering they did so with some of the missions (such as mazda showdown, etc.). it's not like cars or tracks that need lengthy licensing and modeling before being added into the game.

They could've made this game 'grindy' without it needing to be fisherman ranch over and over. e.g. Le Mans 24hr - make use of the marketed advanced time of day and weather systems, with fuel and tire wear. If they paid 10 million for 1st place (and say, a prize car like the R87B or something), that still equates to 417,000 credits an hour which pre patch is 1/4 of the rate of the credit growth that fisherman ranch has; but I doubt anyone would complain about the payout there.

another example; 10 race GT world championship, 10 laps each, or a certain race distance per track, so less laps for e.g. nurburgring, with Gr3. cars (or maybe just a PP limit), fuel and tire wear. assuming 2/3 mins on average for a lap (excluding Nurburgring, but you can have less laps there), it'd be about 20/30 mins per race, that's 200/300 mins for the championship. if you pay out 200k per race, that's 2 million over 200/300 mins - 400-600k per hour, which is what you can currently grind on the highest paying events; but it would feel earned. throw in a gr3. prize car or something, maybe the alfa DTM car. It's not just the fact that the economy is egregious, but how its design is also quite odd.

it's also odd to me that the cafe basically closes after you do that last championship lol. sort of sucks when you might have cars that have cool insights (like the opinion one of the designers had about the new supra was really cool), but there's no way of you ever finding out about that. it drags the otherwise excellent graphics, physics, licenses, and missions of the game down. I hope yamauchi-san is ok after the earthquake, as the game has the potential to be the best GT in the series with arguably simple software fixes, but potentially malicious practices like this completely ruin the game for me.

I'm just trying to understand this. How many cars can you acquire through license, café and missions? I haven't finished cafe yet, but I'm getting handed cars at a faster pace than GT2,3,6 etc.
If you go on a tangent when the Cafe books open up Licences and Missions etc, in the range of 84-88 Cars by the end of book 39 and you only need to purchase 1 or 2 cars, the very first one, and a pick up truck.

So you don't really enjoy playing the game, but rather want to collect everything? I'm just saying this bc despite just collecting cars, there is so much depth in other aspects of the game that you can spend hours upon hours with.
Collecting cars is a core part of the game, but the way that's achieved upon finishing the main singleplayer activities is incredibly stale. Once all of the menu books, missions, license tests are completed, if you want to make a feasible amount of credits to get more cars for your collection, you have the option to play the same races repeatedly (which in 1.07 they nerfed massively) OR buy microtransactions. There's simply no variety in what you can do at the end of the game if you want more credits!

Excluding the addition of more races to singleplayer, this would be less of a problem if custom or online races paid good money, as both provide near infinite amounts of variety. And I suppose it would nice if B-Spec Bob came out of retirement as well.

Collecting cars is a core part of the game, but the way that's achieved upon finishing the main singleplayer activities is incredibly stale. Once all of the menu books, missions, license tests are completed, if you want to make a feasible amount of credits to get more cars for your collection, you have the option to play the same races repeatedly (which in 1.07 they nerfed massively) OR buy microtransactions. There's simply no variety in what you can do at the end of the game if you want more credits!

Excluding the addition of more races to singleplayer, this would be less of a problem if custom or online races paid good money, as both provide near infinite amounts of variety. And I suppose it would nice if B-Spec Bob came out of retirement as well.
B-Spec Bob and a good ole GT6 style Like The Wind SSRX. That's what we need, but that's not what we're getting.

The people that enjoy the driving and physics aspects could care less about overflowing their garage with cars they wont use because they will be focused on perfecting what they have and carrying them into races. If you think about iRacing price points, you would think they should go out of business, but people who spend there are very invested in it. People that care about tuning and driving are the long term players, not the 2 week and done ones. So I don't think people getting outraged at this is going to affect the player base.
I am one of “the people“ who enjoy driving and physics, tuning and online competitive play… and I do care about acquiring, and trying out different cars. And would love to have cars overflowing in my garage without a lengthy grind. Because I’ve paid for an experience... to drive, race and collect different cars like a normal auto enthusiast. Not a tedious grind.

I think at this point you should put up a disclaimer that you “speak for yourself” and just walk away from the thread. No offense, but I’ve noticed a few of you guys seem to sprinkle into this thread with very tone deaf, generalized, boarderline trollish talking points.

On the flip side… 90% of this thread doesn’t agree with your position on this game, and are very aware that this is a shameless cash grab from Sony/PD. This thread alone should tell you that something isn’t right with what Sony and PD are doing here.

If you can’t see this, that’s ok. And if you like the grind, that’s your prerogative. But don’t make it as if everyone else is the problem. You are the minority.

Last edited:
It's not difficult though. There is little to no skill in grinding events for credits. It's just incredibly time consuming.

If you want to value a car and make it genuinely difficult, put it behind an actual skill barrier, or at least a big effort.

Example.

"Le Mans Time Trial Series"
5 single lap time trials with challenging to drive cars from the history of the 24 Hour Race. Throw in weather on one. Make the gold times 9/10 hard.

1M credits if you gold each one.
Gold all five, win the Porsche 917K.

"Gran Turismo World Championship"
10 race championship, ~45 minutes each, in Gr.1 cars. Grid starts, fuel and tyre wear on. Mid-championship saves available.

Win the championship, prize of 5M credits and a Mazda 787B.

If that is how cars were also gated people wouldn't have as much of an issue. If you're good enough, you can win them. If not, there is still the time gate option. Right now it's just a time barrier, nothing more.
Can I play this game, please?

Jerome

I believe it was something like 50, maybe 60 including the prize cars for Missions and license tests. Once you hit the end of Cafe (it'll be soon... comes very abruptly) the game stops giving you anything other than credits and one roulette ticket/day for the "marathon". If one is still completing Cafe I can understand where you'd get the idea that the game just constantly showers you in cars, so I get where you're coming from now. Apologies if I was a little curt; didn't realize you were still working through the content... You can't know what you haven't experienced so I shouldn't have assumed you were finished. Before I completed Cafe & golded the license tests I thought the number of vehicles being given out was a bit too much myself, and still kind of do. Would rather buy them with credits when I want/need them, but that's just me.

Once you finish up Cafe you'll see what I/we are referring to. It is VERY generous up-front, but it will stop very soon (depending on where you are in the content)

Edit: Now I'm reading other comments and they are claiming 80+ vehicles given out. I have over 100 cars and thought I'd bought at least half of them but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Back