Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Long time lurker. First time poster.

Some of the comments in this thread have actually encouraged me to sign up and have a say.

The servers being down sucks. I want to play the game.

I’ll be patient, though, and I know they’ll be up in no time. Even if it’s 24 hours time, who cares. I’ll do something else in the meantime. I’ll get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of this game over the next couple of years. So if the servers are out for a day, I’ll not sweat it.

I don’t understand the backlash over micro transactions or lack of credits.
I’ve not really experienced a crippling lack of in game money for me to be able to progress as I would like.

I don’t mind doing a few races to pay for a few upgrades here and there. Seems fair to me. If everything was essentially unlocked and you could play for 20 mins for 1,000,000 credits, I fail to see the point. It’s meant to be a slow burner that has longevity.

What I do see is the human condition of everyone wanting everything right now because they feel they are entitled to it in some way.

I’ve made more money from doing Mini race at Alsace than it has cost me buying and tuning the car. I’m enjoying trying to improve my times, trying to come first, being competitive, etc.
If I have my fill of that, I’ll move on to a mission or a license test and try my hand there, or go for the next menu book.

The joy of this game isn’t grinding for money. It’s about driving. It’s a slow burn. It’s not easy, nor is it supposed to be. It’s about being appreciative of the cars in the game and how they drive etc. I genuinely feel senses of accomplishment when I better my time on a circuit or beat a challenge that I’ve been a bit stuck on, or manage to scrape a win on the final corner at Alsace and get my driver ranking up to A.

What’s the rush to complete it?!
The only thing that irks me very slightly is not being able to sell cars. And the only reason is because I legitimately don’t like some of them in real life.

Once the game has matured a bit in a couple of months, it’s going to be killer. It already IS killer in my book. I adore it. I won’t buy in game credits with micro transactions, but nor do I feel like I am being forced to.

If you play the game organically without any set goal, and realise that this is a game for the long run, I don’t think there are any issues.
Just dive in to do what you want.

I’ll agree that car customisation can get costly, but where’s the fun or sense of achievement if I can go and buy the most exclusive vehicles in the game after a fortnight of playing?!
Haven't you heard that the latest update reduces race prizes by up to 65%?
The mini race now only gives 12,000 when it used to give 35,000

The only hope I have, and others might correct me on this if i'm wrong, but I initially held back on purchasing GT Sport, so when I had it, GT League was already there from 'Day one'.

Is there a possibility they'll add a similar mode that delivers the GT mode a lot of us crave further down the line, or is this pretty much where we're at now with this game?
I hope so. Being forced to either do the either arcade or custom races for SP really sucked. Made the game feel really lifeless for a while.
Forgetting about the grinding being a legit gameplay or not, I just don't see any rhyme or reason to reduce the payout of a given event from something more to something less. What good does that do to any player's enjoyment of the game? So that they have to play more to do something else they want to do in the game?
If I had to guess, limiting the rate players earn cars. We're talking about a game that will probably have a same lifespan (4-5y) as the previous games with about half the number of cars as the other mainline entries. They can raise the prices relative to the payouts to make sure players don't absolutely steamroll the progression (of collecting the cars). They can push MTX while doing this as well, but that clearly hurts brand image.

Otherwise, it could be a way of temporarily increasing engagement. Whether or not it is a good decision depends on what the community thinks and what PD's revenue streams shows.

Thank you gtplanet for covering this. Some will disagree and others will agree to micro transactions. Even with credits lowered for races, they pay out the same. Will have me playing the game more without spending any money on micro transactions. I look at it where lowered prize credits will get me to play more and enjoy what PD has made. Yes some are frustrated with micro transactions and lower prize credits but most important factor is have fun. Provides a challenge for credit prize amount lowered so that will have me playing gt7 more.

That's it, that's your reply?

It doesn't matter how you play the game, it's going to take an insane amount of time to get everything to actually enjoy it.

If you grind the same race over and over, it's going to take at least 425 hours, just doing that. Nothing else.
If you play a wide variety of custom races or re-do the career events, it's going to take at least 1,600 hours.
If you spend all your time doing online races, it's going to take even longer.

How are you not getting it?
I think you’re missing my point.
Why is “getting everything” the only way you can enjoy it?

Provides a challenge
Cbs No GIF by HULU

Thank you gtplanet for covering this. Some will disagree and others will agree to micro transactions. Even with credits lowered for races, they pay out the same. Will have me playing the game more without spending any money on micro transactions. I look at it where lowered prize credits will get me to play more and enjoy what PD has made. Yes some are frustrated with micro transactions and lower prize credits but most important factor is have fun. Provides a challenge for credit prize amount lowered so that will have me playing gt7 more.

Hear that PD? Have all events pay 5k Cr. so that he can play longer!

Bringing back the performance bonus would be huge. That system was the only reason I played GT Sport as long as I did. It incentivized you to go lower and lower in the performance level of the vehicle you chose for a given race, and paid well if you could beat. Fantastic system and any sane developer that wasn't just out to push MTX's would have built that into their next game.

That system not being here (or a very similar one wherein you get x amount of credits per PP delta) was the first "what the ****" moment I had in GT7.
I had the same reaction when I figured it out. I don't even mind the ability to buy credits for the people that don't have the time or patience to grind a bit, but now I feel pushed. In GTS there was the incentive to improve on skill for a bigger payout, I loved that mechanic too. I even did some of the lower payout amateur races over and over for fun because the handicap bonus made it acceptable and it made you level up faster too. Win win.
Now your level depends on the total value you have in cars, your roulette ticket level depends on your level and the only way to level up fast is to pay for it or be verrrry lucky on the roulette (I've won 3x 500k)
The videos on YT are over exaggerating when stating x amount of credits per hour, because they don't take the menu hopping and loading in account, so it's even worse than is projected.

If I had to guess, limiting the rate players earn cars. We're talking about a game that will probably have a same lifespan (4-5y) as the previous games with about half the number of cars as the other mainline entries. They can raise the prices relative to the payouts to make sure players don't absolutely steamroll the progression (of collecting the cars). They can push MTX while doing this as well, but that clearly hurts brand image.
If your plan is to make your game have a lifespan of 4-5 years, you do that by supporting it post-release in that time frame.

Not structuring the game so it takes over 2 years to get the content it initially shipped with.

Last edited:
That basically feels like the whole point of the game with the Cafe element being "get this list of cars in order to progress and unlock racetracks/competitions".
Does it really say that though?

It's just saying "Go collect all those cars! Have fun!", it's not saying "If you dont buy every single car in the game within 6 weeks, a Peugeot RCZ will come out of the screen and murder your entire family and skin your dog. Start racing."

I haven't seen it mentioned yet so figured I'd throw it out there..... Could this behaviour potentially be in breach of various country's consumer law?

We have purchased a product from them. Then they try to dump further purchases on us to simply unlock content we supposedly already paid for. Then when we find perfectly legitimate ways to avoid paying more money for currency, they patch it and nerf it to oblivion?

I don't know.... I think at least here in Australia, the ACCC might be interested in hearing about this sort of behaviour.

Does it really say that though?

It's just saying "Go collect all those cars! Have fun!", it's not saying "If you dont buy every single car in the game within 6 weeks, a Peugeot RCZ will come out of the screen and murder your entire family and skin your dog. Start racing."
My version said exactly that. Why do you think i'm so annoyed! Except in my version it was a Porsche 997

Do you want to remain poor wishing you had more credits to buy cool cars? Or do you want to take very simple steps of providing your CC info? Winning money on your own? C'mon, it'll take forever. Just do it and break already.
I'm not poor in-game or in real life and I have cool cars in both, but I'll still never resort to micro-transactions (Edit: and not resorting to this sinking to this sort of behaviour is what's seen my real world life prosper).

Last edited:
New winning rates after update 1.07. Do you like them? 😑

It won't be willing to ride the Fisherman's track anymore? The drop from 97,500k to 45,000k for the win is dramatic.

In my case, I have already gone through the entire Cafe, Mission and Championships winning only gold. The rest of the game was to discover cars and have a good time. If I have to go through the WTC 800 countless times to buy a historic car, the game misses the point. I stopped at collector level 42 because I was blocked by credits.

inbound8892472161914497087.jpg

I haven't seen it mentioned yet so figured I'd throw it out there..... Could this behaviour potentially be in breach of various country's consumer law?

We have purchased a product from them. Then they try to dump further purchases on us to simply unlock content we supposedly already paid for. Then when we find perfectly legitimate ways to avoid paying more money for currency, they patch it and nerf it to oblivion?

I don't know.... I think at least here in Australia, the ACCC might be interested in hearing about this sort of behaviour.
Short answer - it's definitely against specific UK consumer laws, as well as gaming(gambling) laws under predatory practices.

Some thoughts on the race rewards....

Dirt Champions getting nerfed was inevitable. Anyone who can read the room knew it was gonna happened so I honestly don't really mind that the payout was lowered.

Gr.4 should've been left the way it was pre-patch. It scales well with the rally events in terms of payout/length.

Gr.3 needed to be buffed slightly to differentiate it more from the shorter Gr.4 races.

All of the 10-lap endurance races should be at least twice what they are now. The payout just simply isn't worthwhile for the amount of time those races take.

I mean, let's be truthfully honest here. Is the problem that the game has now actually the problem itself or the symptom? I think most of us agree that Fisherman's Ranch having the best payout in the game being a symptom rather than a problem in and of itself of people getting all the kewl cars immediately (as some people seem to suggest) is more reasonable.

Definitely one of the biggest problems is the Café being so damn short. You are given lots of cars, yes, however you are just streamlined through these events mindlessly with only two reprieves being getting the National B and A licenses, along with some of the other menus being taken up by tutorials for using Scapes or the Showroom or what not. I don't mind this specific kind of campaign because it's meant to be a tutorial explaining how to play the game and use each grade of car, but we are clearly missing quite a few events (think the number thrown around was 50). Why do you think that there's all these extra events we did not do on the World Circuits menu? These are meant to be the post game content, the stuff that you grind, but since the Cafe comes up short you have to spend extra time grinding events that have little payout just to get the remaining stable of cars you might need to start grinding. Fisherman's Ranch Duel is one of these post-game events that's clearly an anomaly and I do not mind them nerfing it. But nothing is replacing it, which leads me to my second problem with GT's economy.

Seasonal Events are missing entirely. This was the focus of payout for GT5 and GT6 post launch. These events paid big and it would make sense given the live service nature of GT7: do your daily and weekly Seasonal Events, collect big rewards, go to grind one of a handful of good paying events. Now, you have nothing. GT has regressed back to how you grinded in 1-4 somehow and it's hurting the longevity of the game. Sport mode is meant to replace Seasonal Events, and while the concept is super solid the payout is zero essentially. There's no reason to play Sport mode other than grind out your Driver Rating or whatever the hell it is. Bring back the payouts to Sport mode, and I guarantee people will not miss the pre-patch Fisherman's Ranch.

How the dealership is set up is kinda stupid too. It doesn't refresh anywhere near as fast as it ought to (I don't like GT5's dealer because on replay a few years ago I had to wait thousands of days for the Formula Gran Turismo to show up, but refreshing multiple cars a day instead of having it be static for an unknown time period is a lot better to me.) And where are the new cars anyways? From a glance I cannot tell what is new or not new in the UCD, whereas before it was very obvious that the top of the page had the newest cars and the bottom consisted of the oldest. Invitations should probably just be related to a collector's rank of certain cars or the collector's rank in general (why are there no real rewards tied to the rank other than the driver's outfit pieces?) I do like how the legend's dealership rotates, but the payouts in game do not warrant the prices nor the speed at which these cars rotate through. You should be making a choice of which car(s) you want to get rather than you being like "well, the new Jag is 12 million, guess I can't get it when its around without MTX". MTX should be a timesaver in this instance, not a necessity to actually get the cars, again a symptom of the poor state of the economy.

This reminds me quite a bit of GT5 come to think of it...

Back