Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 692 comments
Had my G29 for about 7 months now...hundreds of hours use with basically zero issues. The microswitch on the right shift paddle would occasionally not engage early on but that issue hasn't occurred in some time now.

Had my G29 for about 7 months now...hundreds of hours use with basically zero issues. The microswitch on the right shift paddle would occasionally not engage early on but that issue hasn't occurred in some time now.
Yeah I mean I’ve had this G29 for about 2 years now, thing was a champ as far as I could see, but you never know. Could be the game, could be the pedals. Quality control doesn’t seem to be Logitech’s strongest feature, but I know Polyphony is known for patching up one hole to tear a new one open.

Hey guys, brand spanking new here and have only played GT7 for a few months now. Upon hearing this new reveal for their new wheel, it makes me think and ask - G29/G293 owners, have you guys had any recent problems with your pedals? And as for all players; have you noticed your throttle input decreasing without TC or lifting your foot?

It’s very subtle if anything, but as I have been grinding out license tests and golding them, it’s very apparent in tests like Master IA-3 and S-4 that upon keeping the throttle flatout, the input fluctuates from 100 to 95-75% at random times. Of course, this would affect any car, but for cars like the WRX STI and the XJ220, these cars require very high throttle input to spool up, primarily the XJ220 (which I have tried over the course of 3 days with multiple stints per day). I have also only had this problem with the release of Update 1.52, and upon testing and recalibrating my pedals, I find no fluctuation between how much input I’m giving.

I would like to believe it’s just my rig and I may just need something else, but stuff like this turns my lap times from a 2:02.360 (my best with the issue) to a 2:03 with next to no differences in technique outside of adjusting the XJ’s AWFUL, AWFUL, UNBEARABLE understeer to find a smooth exit.

So yeah, somebody please let me know if I just need to git gud, find a better system that will last longer (even though I’m quite sure it’s not my pedals), or that you’re at least struggling with the same issue. Thanks!
This is a classic case of a dirty potentiometer. There are videos on how to clean them which is very easy to do. This should cure the problem for now, but it will happen again. After a few cleanings, the pot will fail completely and need to be replaced.

Latest Posts

Back