Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 520 comments
What makes them boring to my mind is that a lot of them are very similar.
Okay. There's, like, 230 of them. Do you think that's the case for all of them?
there's something like six lancers for instance.
A bit more if you include the race cars, but they're from three different generations. There's five different M3s in the game too - and I don't even want to count how many 911s there are; are all German cars boring for this reason?
Also there aren't any high-end cars - they're all affordable mid-range cars.
All? Nonsense. There's plenty of lower and higher. Honda alone has two kei cars and the modern NSX hybrid which was pilloried for its high price. And, as pointed out above, we just got a GT-R in today's update.

If you think that the LFA is not a "high-end" car then I don't really know what to say to you. And that's not even getting into race cars like the "boring", "affordable mid-range" quad-rotor, Le Mans-winning Mazda 787B.

Also, they're mostly either very modern, or from the 90's where all cars were pretty boring... there's no classics style wise.
Sure. The Nissan Skyline KPGC10 GT-R 1971 and Toyota 2000GT 1967 say hi.

You seem to just be grossly unfamiliar with the car list and unwilling to find out more based on some notion about Japanese cars you hold. I'm not sure what it is about Japanese cars that makes you not want to use them in this Japanese game on a Japanese console though.

but early reports have stated that the physics were rolled back to pre 1.49 instead of fixing what was a great physics update…
They were not early reports, just a rant from some guy who jumped to conclusions faster than a jealous wife.

Two things have changed in this update - it's in the patch notes - everything else stays the same in regards to physics and simulation model.

From my limited testing, certain cars that wobbled uncontrollably at high speeds no longer do (like the Gallardo) and many highly tuned engine swapped vehicles are drivable again (like the Superbird). If there’s any further issues, I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it, although I think you need to go out of your way to make cars undriveable (rather than cars being undriveable at default settings).
One last thing to note is that many engine swapped cars still have ! as their PP rating even though the car operates just fine.

Last edited:
No, I meant if the physics change again.

I'm not convinced about the viability of a lot of the engine swaps either though. I just bought 2 '69 mustangs and tuned one to 700pp with the engine swap and one to 700pp with the 7 liter standard engine.... only the 7 liter will do 3 laps of Le Mans without a pitstop, making it the only viable one for farming the 700 race there. Not sure what the point of the engine swap is.
Engine swaps are part of car culture and GT tries to represent all parts of car culture. They may miss in some areas but they do try. Also there are some good swaps and some not so good ones

from some guy
Are you referring to me?
I think so.
If so, it's not a rant.
Not the slightest.
It's an observation.
Not just by some guy.
I'm some guy who plays GT Games for over 25 years.
Some Guy who plays every day for hours.
Some guy who plays with a Wheel since 2001.
Some guy who plays with a high end Direct Drive Wheel with Load cell pedals.
Some guy who is in most cases just a second at most slower then the fastest guys on this game.
Some Guy who plays every day and has clocked up until now over 4500hours of play time.
Not grinding or stupid brainless stuff.
I race with high tier top Class drivers.
Every day.
So if your comment was meant towards me... yeah, it's ok.
You most probably have right now disqualified yourself.
If it wasn't meant towards me all good.

Brother, we quite literally got an R35 today...
I know that. Actually I DO use the nismo '17 version sometimes because of it's advantage in the wet.... but I've already got one, I don't need another
Okay. There's, like, 230 of them. Do you think that's the case for all of them?

A bit more if you include the race cars, but they're from three different generations. There's five different M3s in the game too - and I don't even want to count how many 911s there are; are all German cars boring for this reason?

All? Nonsense. There's plenty of lower and higher. Honda alone has two kei cars and the modern NSX hybrid which was pilloried for its high price. And, as pointed out above, we just got a GT-R in today's update.

If you think that the LFA is not a "high-end" car then I don't really know what to say to you. And that's not even getting into race cars like the "boring", "affordable mid-range" quad-rotor, Le Mans-winning Mazda 787B.

Sure. The Nissan Skyline KPGC10 GT-R 1971 and Toyota 2000GT 1967 say hi.

You seem to just be grossly unfamiliar with the car list and unwilling to find out more based on some notion about Japanese cars you hold. I'm not sure what it is about Japanese cars that makes you not want to use them in this Japanese game on a Japanese console though.
Actually I don't particularly like any of the BMW's in the game either and the 911's have great handling but the power and economy is nerfed on them.... I do keep meaning to give them another go but only last week I tuned a Cayman to an amazing sweet spot handling wise... but at 1235 kg and only 448 bhp it would still only do 3 laps of brands hatch WTC700 @ FM6... which is just annoying.

By the way.. I should add that my actual car is a 2019 Mazda 6... so I'm not against Japanese cars in the real world!

Last edited:
They see me rollin', they hating🎶
192530f92c669-screenshotUrl.png

192530f92c657-screenshotUrl.png

192530f92c686-screenshotUrl.png

192530f92c635-screenshotUrl.png

If ive missed something I appologie,but what nakes people think we are getting a big update with the pro update in November?
Just curious.

Given that pd has been holding back content,
It makes sense to have a more major update for ps5 pro update, its not uncommon for pd, vr update bring a major update same with spec ll last year when ps5 slim come out.

In general gt7 has 2 major updates per year, and we currently have had one in july,
And i dont think its unreasonable to expect a bigger update soon, it might not happen in november but i think it will, it proably happen before they roll out my first gt witch most likely will release in early december.

If ive missed something I appologie,but what nakes people think we are getting a big update with the pro update in November?
Just curious.
We don't know for sure either way, but the three previous times PD have added a big extra feature or Sony hardware support (the PSVR2 and Sophy update, Spec II, and the big tyre/physics update) it has come with a track and more cars than usual.

So there's a trend there that either Pro support or My First GT might come with larger content amounts than normal.

Though, as people who read the monthly predictions thread will know, PD are very good at not doing the thing their past actions would make you think they would...

They were not early reports, just a rant from some guy who jumped to conclusions faster than a jealous wife.

Two things have changed in this update - it's in the patch notes - everything else stays the same in regards to physics and simulation model.

Fair enough. But he’s a guy with soft hands and a solid understanding of the ffb system. Whose explanations tend to make a lot of sense. Also, i have relatively soft hands and tend to agree/confirm the things he shares. So, in my experience, he’s a good voice to give credence.

Ill be on in about 2hrs. We’ll see then.

What minor physics changes? I'd really like to know if many of my stock cars will stop bump steering themselves into crashes thanks to the previous update's physic glitch. And it has nothing to do with front end lift.

There's no need to start being abusive and racist. I'm merely pointing out that classic sports cars are more interesting to me than an old van or a slight update to a car that's already in the game. There's no need for your vitriol, which is rather strange.
I'm sorry, abusive and racist? What are you on about? I think many people would view your nonsensical aversion to an entire country's automotive history as being rooted in some sort of xenophobic bias. What else could it be?

As for what I said being either of those things you're stretching into another dimension to rationalize that thought. British cars have historically been poorly made, thats not news or racist... just fact.

There are many classic Japanese cars in game, so the "don't like new cars" argument doesn't really hold any weight.

I wasn't terribly excited about the cars in this update either, but I'm not going to write off the amazing accomplishments of Japanese automotive culture to rationalize my lack of enthusiasm.

Your thought processes are... strange.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, abusive and racist? What are you on about? I think many people would view your nonsensical aversion to an entire country's automotive history as being rooted in some sort of xenophobic bias. What else could it be?

As for what I said being either of those things you're stretching into another dimension to rationalize that thought. British cars have historically been poorly made, thats not news or racist... just fact.

There are many classic Japanese cars in game, so the "don't like new cars" argument doesn't really hold any weight.

I wasn't terribly excited about the cars in this update either, but I'm not going to write off the amazing accomplishments of Japanese automotive culture to rationalize my lack of enthusiasm.

Your thought processes are... strange.
Everything you say is correct because Japanese manufacturers typically produce very well made and reliable hatchbacks. Yes, there are outliers like the NSX and the LFA, but the amount of big engines sports cars produced over the years by Japanese manufacturers is small compared to other manufacturers. That's what's important in a racing game in my opinion.... and I'm struggling to get a really good tune out of the LFA too :-/

Last edited:
Are you referring to me?
I think so.
If so, it's not a rant.
Not the slightest.
It's an observation.
Not just by some guy.
I'm some guy who plays GT Games for over 25 years.
Some Guy who plays every day for hours.
Some guy who plays with a Wheel since 2001.
Some guy who plays with a high end Direct Drive Wheel with Load cell pedals.
Some guy who is in most cases just a second at most slower then the fastest guys on this game.
Some Guy who plays every day and has clocked up until now over 4500hours of play time.
Not grinding or stupid brainless stuff.
I race with high tier top Class drivers.
Every day.
So if your comment was meant towards me... yeah, it's ok.
You most probably have right now disqualified yourself.
If it wasn't meant towards me all good.
Is this the new navy seal copypasta?

Probably just a coincidence, but it's great that all the cars needed for engine swaps are immediately available on the day the update drops. Also I feel like this is one where grinding all those engine swaps two years ago has really paid off at last.

Wow the dupe and quirky car discourse has gotten so bad that even the Japanese community has made some counters back at these negative retorts.

Just look at this ratio.

Time and time again it has been proven that this game is known for this identity of having a car roster like so, and it is celebrated for it. Core players, who unlike the ranters that claim to be are, will catch their eyes at any one of these cars. Even the least interested and casual owner of a GT game will pique an interest. If these rants aren't providing criticism that's encouraging to make the game better, why are they still calling themselves a fan of GT anyway?

Very pathetic that people try to back themselves up by bringing up their play record just to talk smack. Their time with this series does not back their ridiculous behaviour.

OK so just to chip back in

@Vule and of course everyone else who might disagree on some guys observations
Here's some other guy basically saying the same what I do.
And that's hours after I've posted my messages.

So yeah at the end of the day I couldn't care less.
But hey I gave you a good laugh so nothing wrong about that I guess 😉

Everybody mad about "BLAH BLAH NO NEW CARS " while I'm just wondering with the non-medical van what the fans will...deliver...

Last edited:
You know what I changed my mind, I'm downloading it tonight, I don't want to put it off. It should be quick and instant, I haven't played the game since Monday night, the PSN servers were down into Tuesday.

@RACECAR They might say, "No new medical supplies." xD

I was caught off guard by how hardcore the Evolution Meeting events are. In my first attempt I entered with a moderately upgraded Evolution III, but I didn’t gain any positions. Afterwards I went all in upgrading the car and just barely managed to win in the final turn.

Back