Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 747 comments
But should you have to turn on driver aids to fix a problem that wasnt there prior to the update?
Ive always found the GTR,s to be fairly planted,they were my go to cars to grind on Tokyo,but not so much so now.
The Yaris with engine swap was great around Tokyo prior to the update but now I have to apply what I class as unrealistic suspension settings to get it near to what it was.
Just because not everybody is having issues doesnt mean they dont exist,the 'driver error' excuse for thesr issues is just crap.Just my opinion.
Nah man. The GT-Rs have had the snap oversteer on braking for a long time. It may be different on controller or less of an issue but on a wheel and pedals it’s unavoidable.

Last edited:
Just because not everybody is having issues doesnt mean they dont exist,the 'driver error' excuse for thesr issues is just crap.Just my opinion.
Issues being experienced by some, and not all, would STRONGLY indicate that the problem is the person and not the game.

I have every assist turned off and ABS on weak. I have never experienced this "snap oversteer". Then again, I don't do ill advised things, like abrupt turns under braking when the car's weight is imbalanced. If the car is unsettled, bad things will happen.

Maybe it's the controller, that's a possibility. I'm on the controller and everything seems fine.

Y'all remember Audi's problem with unintended acceleration from a few decades back? The world accused Audi of a problem with the car, because it was "impossible" that intelligent people would confuse the brake and the accelerator (which was Audi's conclusion). What Audi did, and in fact it's on all cars now if I'm not mistaken, if force the driver to depress the brake before putting an auto gearbox into gear. Miraculously, the problem disappeared. It was, after all, driver error.

I posted video showing that I experience no issues. Anything close to an "issue" is my own mistake. People keep asking for better physics, but better physics will mean that you have to be more careful of how you drive.

Issues being experienced by some, and not all, would STRONGLY indicate that the problem is the person and not the game.
While I have not experienced any snap oversteer myself, you cannot deny that the suspension physics are having problems since update 1.49. The cars most affected are not supposed to jump around like cows touching grass for the first time in months, but that’s what some cars currently do (no matter how skilled you are).

Last edited:

I have every assist turned off and ABS on weak. I have never experienced this "snap oversteer". Then again, I don't do ill advised things, like abrupt turns under braking when the car's weight is imbalanced. If the car is unsettled, bad things will happen.

Maybe it's the controller, that's a possibility. I'm on the controller and everything seems fine.

Y'all remember Audi's problem with unintended acceleration from a few decades back? The world accused Audi of a problem with the car, because it was "impossible" that intelligent people would confuse the brake and the accelerator (which was Audi's conclusion). What Audi did, and in fact it's on all cars now if I'm not mistaken, if force the driver to depress the brake before putting an auto gearbox into gear. Miraculously, the problem disappeared. It was, after all, driver error.

I posted video showing that I experience no issues. Anything close to an "issue" is my own mistake. People keep asking for better physics, but better physics will mean that you have to be more careful of how you drive.

I observed the same thing. With my team, many of our drivers had this problem. And not me (I play with a controller) and a few others.

When I looked at the behavior of our drivers who had the problem, they all did this: they turned very suddenly when braking, their braking and acceleration were always on/off etc...

There was nothing "smooth" about their driving style. When I taught them to "drive" properly, the issue disappeared…

But, all these things, have no relation to the issues of Lancer Evo’s bouncing. This is another issue than snap oversteer.

Last edited:
While I have not experienced any snap oversteer myself, you cannot deny that the suspension physics are having problems since update 1.49. The cars most affected are not supposed to jump around like cows touching grass for the first time in months, but that’s what some cars currently do (no matter how skilled you are).
I have not seen cars hopping as you mentioned with the latest update, and this thread is about 1.52. Again, it was stated that the evos jump around during the evo event. I did the event. I posted the entire video. No such behaviors occurred.

I observed the same thing. With my team, many of our drivers had this problem. And not me (I play with a controller) and a few others.

When I looked at the behavior of our drivers who had the problem, they all did this: they turned very suddenly when braking, their braking and acceleration were always on/off etc...

There was nothing "smooth" about their driving style. When I taught them to "drive" properly, the issue disappeared…

But, all these things, have no relation to the issues of Lancer Evo’s bouncing. This is another issue than snap oversteer.
Regarding the evo, again, as in the video I posted of four laps of jumps, there was no "bouncing". There was one episode where the rear rose higher than the front, and it was my fault. I repeated it on the following lap.

So, all in all, what I see is driver error.

I'm open to someone proving me wrong. Do four laps, and show me the car bouncing around inexplicably.

Last edited:
There’s clearly an issue with the suspension travel and a particular number throwing the physics calculation off. Denial of this by saying people need to drive smoother is utter nonsense.

I’m not sharing tunes right now as there is still a fundamental issue with the physics.

I have not seen cars hopping as you mentioned with the latest update, and this thread is about 1.52. Again, it was stated that the evos jump around during the evo event. I did the event. I posted the entire video. No such behaviors occurred.

But again, as in the video I posted of four laps of jumps, there was no "bouncing". There was one episode where the rear rose higher than the front, and it was my fault. I repeated it on the following lap.

I'm open to someone proving me wrong. Do four laps, and show me the car bouncing around inexplicably.
You've been shown mate, made the claim that it was because we were braking, despite the video not showing any braking, and then you scurried off and said we were nitpicking.

For clarity, this is what I expect to happen when I hit a bit of a hard jump in a 4wd mid 90's sports car. I expect to be unsettled, I expect the car to bounce, scrub off some momentum, land, jiggle a bit as it's unsettled but land and be able to drive normally. A bit like, I don't know, how the known universe would behave. Like this.

What I don't expect, is for quite frankly, whatever happens here. Compression just turning into immediate rebound and lifting the cars ass over its head. Nonsensical physics.

It's not exactly a hidden piece of information that compression and rebound were horrendously broken in 1.49, persisting up to 1.52, so I don't know why it's so hard for you to accept that there might still be somethng a bit wrong with how the game is calculating things.
I'm still thinking it hits a hard cap on compression (to stop whatever was happening in 1.49 to launch cars to space) and that hard cap forces rebound to equalise the suspension - squishier cars like the Evo's hit that cap quite easily and therefore when it's hit, things start acting funny to try and get it out the 'danger' zone.
This was to me, pretty likely what was going on in 1.50, as you could straight up see the wheels kick back into place under heavy compression - and I feel like they've slowed down the rebound rate to try and kill it off for good, but it's still not working in some cars.

There’s clearly an issue with the suspension travel and a particular number throwing the physics calculation off. Denial of this by saying people need to drive smoother is utter nonsense.

I’m not sharing tunes right now as there is still a fundamental issue with the physics.
Ok, show me. If denial is "utter nonsense" it should be super easy to do an event, upload the video, and show us.

I think it's nonsense and I uploaded video to support my opinion. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada, and we're special, but since the update dropped I have not experienced any of the issues claimed and I went to so far as to replicate these supposed claims.

So tell me, where is your issue and I will go test it for you?

If it is the game, it should be something that can be repeated again and again, that's how a game issue works. If you can't repeat it, it's not the game.

You've been shown mate, made the claim that it was because we were braking, despite the video not showing any braking, and then you scurried off and said we were nitpicking.

For clarity, this is what I expect to happen when I hit a bit of a hard jump in a 4wd mid 90's sports car. I expect to be unsettled, I expect the car to bounce, scrub off some momentum, land, jiggle a bit as it's unsettled but land and be able to drive normally. A bit like, I don't know, how the known universe would behave. Like this.

What I don't expect, is for quite frankly, whatever happens here. Compression just turning into immediate rebound and lifting the cars ass over its head. Nonsensical physics.

It's not exactly a hidden piece of information that compression and rebound were horrendously broken in 1.49, persisting up to 1.52, so I don't know why it's so hard for you to accept that there might still be somethng a bit wrong with how the game is calculating things.
I'm still thinking it hits a hard cap on compression (to stop whatever was happening in 1.49 to launch cars to space) and that hard cap forces rebound to equalise the suspension - squishier cars like the Evo's hit that cap quite easily and therefore when it's hit, things start acting funny to try and get it out the 'danger' zone.
This was to me, pretty likely what was going on in 1.50, as you could straight up see the wheels kick back into place under heavy compression - and I feel like they've slowed down the rebound rate to try and kill it off for good, but it's still not working in some cars.

You showed the same behaviour, in the same place, that I pointed out in my video. One bounce, in one place. Only, this time, you also showed it not happening. In my video, I went through there twice with no such issue.

If you go looking for issues, you'll find them. One car, on one bump, in an entire game, does not constitute a broken game, or broken physics.

Imho nitpicking. But whatevs' don't play. I'll keep on playing and NOT experiencing any of this.

How does this break the game for y'all?

Last edited:
You showed the same behaviour, in the same place, that I pointed out in my video. One bounce, in one place. Only, this time, you also showed it not happening. In my video, I went through there twice with no such issue.

If you go looking for issues, you'll find them. One car, on one bump, in an entire game, does not constitute a broken game, or broken physics.

Imho nitpicking. But whatevs' don't play. I'll keep on playing and NOT experiencing any of this.

How does this break the game for y'all?
Cheers Sherlock almost that's like the topic of the conversation because that's where it was brought up to be happening. Of course it happens elsewhere, it's an issue with the suspension.
The first thing I tried when I logged on after 1.52 was the Evo IX at Eiger and if you hit the uphill compression fast enough then the rear still kicks itself into the air (because I think it hits that compression 'cap')

Cheers Sherlock almost that's like the topic of the conversation because that's where it was brought up to be happening. Of course it happens elsewhere, it's an issue with the suspension.
The first thing I tried when I logged on after 1.52 was the Evo IX at Eiger and if you hit the uphill compression fast enough then the rear still kicks itself into the air (because I think it hits that compression 'cap')

That corner is a good one to spot if there is a weird behavior with the suspension at braking.

I also watched the Ferrari Mondial at Watkins Glen after you mentioned it earlier. That was hilarious to observe, and totally unatural of course.

Thanks Holmes, you just demonstrated exactly what I said several pages back. You hit a bump, while braking, which loads weight onto the front, and off of the rear, allowing the rear to go higher than the front. What happens if you don't hit that bump? I imagine nothing, correct?

This is breaking the game for you? Really? THAT? That is what all the complaining is about?

Here's me winning Race C with all this broken suspension stuff. Seems to work fine for me. 🤔

61ddbd15f38bd387e9fc09074a8f84c7_photo.webp

Thanks Holmes, you just demonstrated exactly what I said several pages back. You hit a bump, while braking, which loads weight onto the front, and off of the rear, allowing the rear to go higher than the front. What happens if you don't hit that bump? I imagine nothing, correct?

This is breaking the game for you? Really? THAT? That is what all the complaining is about?

Here's me winning Race C with all this broken suspension stuff. Seems to work fine for me. 🤔

61ddbd15f38bd387e9fc09074a8f84c7_photo.webp
Flexing a daily race win in discussion against it not being normal for a car's back tyre to literally jump into the air when it goes up a hill might be the most hilariously pathetic thing I have ever seen.
Get at em champ! Show them who's the big boy! You are! You are!

Last edited:
I have not seen cars hopping as you mentioned with the latest update, and this thread is about 1.52.
So the issue doesn’t exist because you haven’t seen it? Despite multiple people pointing out and documenting said issue?
Again, it was stated that the evos jump around during the evo event. I did the event. I posted the entire video. No such behaviors occurred.
The Lancer models aren’t the worst offenders. Try a stock Honda S800 on sport hard tires like I recommended earlier.
Regarding the evo, again, as in the video I posted of four laps of jumps, there was no "bouncing". There was one episode where the rear rose higher than the front, and it was my fault. I repeated it on the following lap.

You have the wrong idea. Car suspensions are by design engineered to compensate for driver errors. Your claim that car suspensions punish driver errors is utter nonsense. Anyway, what’s happening since update 1.49 is simply a problem in the suspension physics model.
I doubt you’re open to anything on this subject. Just remember that you’re achieving nothing here, unless your only goal is to obfuscate legitimate feedback.

Last edited:
So the issue doesn’t exist because you haven’t seen it? Despite multiple people pointing out and documenting said issue?
I got involved in this thread because of the exaggerations. Claims that the game is broken. I see no evidence that the game is broken. I see minor issues being blown way out of proportion.
The Lancer models aren’t the worst offenders. Try a stock Honda S800 on sport hard tires like I recommended earlier.

You have the wrong idea. Car suspensions are by design engineered to compensate for driver errors.
They aren't, electronic are, but that's a different issue.
Your claim that car suspensions punish driver errors is utter nonsense. Anyway, what’s happening since update 1.49 is simply a problem in the suspension physics model.
Once again, this is ridiculous over statement. A problem with the physics model would affect ALL CARS. Not the, so far, two to three minor issues that people keep pointing to. That says the problem is not the system, but the setting of those specific cars, post update.

And the most vocal keep going back to 1.49. This is a 1.52 thread. The issues are not the same. Saying "since 1.49" is absolutely ignoring the current state of affairs. As you say below, obfuscating legitimate feedback.

I don't want PD to fix something that currently is not broken. Because there is absolutely NOT a "problem in the suspension physics model". There MIGHT be a problem in a handful of cars, and it's debatable, which is why this thread lives.
I doubt you’re open to anything on this subject. Just remember that you’re achieving nothing here, unless your only goal is to obfuscate legitimate feedback.

What I have seen is that there are (so far) two to three cars whose stock suspension might need a tweak post 1.52. THAT is legitimate feedback. Maybe an evo or two and maybe the s800 (although I haven't tested it)

People say the GT-R's are broken, yet hundred of thousands of people having completed the time trial event. How can both those statement be true? Either the GT-R is broken and pitches people off track OR it's not broken and hundred of thousands of players have completed the event (myself included).

I got involved in this thread because of the exaggerations. Claims that the game is broken. I see no evidence that the game is broken. I see minor issues being blown way out of proportion.
Broken physics, not broken game. Again, you’re disagreeing with multiple people. You’re of course entitled to do that, but it does suggest you’re fighting an uphill battle.
They aren't, electronic are, but that's a different issue.
So you’re saying suspensions are not supposed to assist drivers when they mistakes? Well, you’re wrong. There’s a reason why people usually don’t crash and die when they hit a pothole in the road, and that reason is suspension travel.
Once again, this is ridiculous over statement. A problem with the physics model would affect ALL CARS.

Not the, so far, two to three minor issues that people keep pointing to. That says the problem is not the system, but the setting of those specific cars, post update.
It affects many cars, suggesting a wider physics issue. Actually, I’m inclined to say it affects all cars. The problem is just more obvious with some cars than others.
And the most vocal keep going back to 1.49. This is a 1.52 thread. The issues are not the same. Saying "since 1.49" is absolutely ignoring the current state of affairs. As you say below, obfuscating legitimate feedback.
The suspension issues started with update 1.49. Update 1.50 installed a partial fix, which wasn’t really a true fix. They skipped version 1.51 but the root problem persists in version 1.52.
I don't want PD to fix something that currently is not broken. Because there is absolutely NOT a "problem in the suspension physics model". There MIGHT be a problem in a handful of cars, and it's debatable, which is why this thread lives.
Bold claim considering the whole thing started like this:
GTP even dedicated a segment of the video to “The Broken Physics”. Yes, that was update 1.49, but the problems in update 1.52 are definitely connected to it.
What I have seen is that there are (so far) two to three cars whose stock suspension might need a tweak post 1.52. THAT is legitimate feedback. Maybe an evo or two and maybe the s800 (although I haven't tested it)
I’ve come across way more than 2-3 cars affected by this. Too many to mention here, but for obvious reasons the discussion has highlighted the worst examples.
People say the GT-R's are broken, yet hundred of thousands of people having completed the time trial event. How can both those statement be true? Either the GT-R is broken and pitches people off track OR it's not broken and hundred of thousands of players have completed the event (myself included).
GT-R is affected. Not as much as other cars. Players completing the time trial event proves nothing. It’s not like the suspension issues completely prevent progress. They only break immersion every so often.

Last edited:
I just did a few runs of the Colorado race with the Evo.III completely stock(no widebody). The first race didn't show the rear end launch, but I did note how bouncy the car was overall as if there was no damping at all. This was with ABS weak, so I set it to default on the second race. This time the nose stand happened every single lap. Almost like the ABS acts like an anchor holding the front end to ground and all bounce is transfered to the rear alone and multiplied.

So for the third race I set the ABS back to weak and I felt like that might have been the issue. That was until lap 3 when the car did a sudden nose stand again. This time it was a bit surprising because the car settled for a moment before the rear suddenly lost gravity. Something's definitely wonky here.

I wasn't trying to make anything happen. Just driving the track like I normally do.

as if there was no damping at all.
HANG ON!!!!..... it kind of sounds like PD might have changed the stock compression damping settings to minimum across all road cars without testing them all????? :odd:

That just might just explain why many of the cars with the softest springs settings are exhibiting all these weird behaviors because it's a totally unsuitable setting for them??? :dunce:

I wonder what would happen if I set the dampers back to what they were before???? :odd:

I have a strong feeling the those cars might behave themselves and drive quite sensibly. :dopey:

/s

HANG ON!!!!..... it kind of sounds like PD might have changed the stock compression damping settings to minimum across all road cars without testing them all????? :odd:

That just might just explain why many of the cars with the softest springs settings are exhibiting all these weird behaviors because it's a totally unsuitable setting for them??? :dunce:

I wonder what would happen if I set the dampers back to what they were before???? :odd:

I have a strong feeling the those cars might behave themselves and drive quite sensibly. :dopey:

/s
That just might work!
cue Fred Flintstone voice Glad I thought of it. :sly:

1.49 1.49 1.49

What is this thread called? Pretty sure it says 1.52...let me check...Yep, 1.52
Broken physics, not broken game. Again, you’re disagreeing with multiple people. You’re of course entitled to do that, but it does suggest you’re fighting an uphill battle.

So you’re saying suspensions are not supposed to assist drivers when they mistakes? Well, you’re wrong. There’s a reason why people usually don’t crash and die when they hit a pothole in the road, and that reason is suspension travel.

It affects many cars, suggesting a wider physics issue. Actually, I’m inclined to say it affects all cars. The problem is just more obvious with some cars than others.

The suspension issues started with update 1.49. Update 1.50 installed a partial fix, which wasn’t really a true fix. They skipped version 1.51 but the root problem persists in version 1.52.

Bold claim considering the whole thing started like this:
GTP even dedicated a segment of the video to “The Broken Physics”. Yes, that was update 1.49, but the problems in update 1.52 are definitely connected to it.

I’ve come across way more than 2-3 cars affected by this. Too many to mention here, but for obvious reasons the discussion has highlighted the worst examples.

GT-R is affected. Not as much as other cars. Players completing the time trial event proves nothing. It’s not like the suspension issues completely prevent progress. They only break immersion every so often.

Multiple videos of 1.52 have been posted showing an evo, hitting a bump, and the rear end going into the air, slightly. To try and compare this minor elevation to the cars flying off into orbit is absolutely an exaggeration.
Flexing a daily race win in discussion against it not being normal for a car's back tyre to literally jump into the air when it goes up a hill might be the most hilariously pathetic thing I have ever seen.
Get at em champ! Show them who's the big boy! You are! You are!
btw, I'm "flexing" to prove a point that the game is 100% playable, and enjoyable, and that apparently the vast majority of the player base has no idea of this grave issue with the entirely of the suspension physics as this thread claims.

Oh, btw, here's a Golf Alltrack, off road, hitting a bump and doing EXACTLY what you all are claiming is incorrect behaviour. The rear end, hits a bump, at speed, and goes up into the air just as the evo in the video you guys have shared.

I guess reality is broken, right?

Multiple videos of 1.52 have been posted showing an evo, hitting a bump, and the rear end going into the air, slightly. To try and compare this minor elevation to the cars flying off into orbit is absolutely an exaggeration.
I didn’t post those videos. I’ve repeatedly told you to try the Honda S800 in version 1.52. Or watch the videos that were posted of the Ferrari 500 Mondial. Then you’ll see why update 1.49 is still being brought up.

I didn’t post those videos. I’ve repeatedly told you to try the Honda S800 in version 1.52. Or watch the videos that were posted of the Ferrari 500 Mondial. Then you’ll see why update 1.49 is still being brought up.
I just tested the S800, stock suspension, SH tires.

No issues. Do you need a video? I don't know what you guys are talking about. Seriously, I have no idea.

Pick the track and I'll post a video

Last edited:
What I don't get is why would the physics be in a constant state of flux? Because of one issue, it then affects multiple cars..? How? Haven't tried 1.52 but never personally had a problem with any cars prior.

1.49 1.49 1.49

btw, I'm "flexing" to prove a point that the game is 100% playable, and enjoyable, and that apparently the vast majority of the player base has no idea of this grave issue with the entirely of the suspension physics as this thread claims.

Oh, btw, here's a Golf Alltrack, off road, hitting a bump and doing EXACTLY what you all are claiming is incorrect behaviour. The rear end, hits a bump, at speed, and goes up into the air just as the evo in the video you guys have shared.

1728515207183.png
1728515231902.png

Wow you're right, they're identical.

Done with you, you make less sense than the physics. Unreal.
Not once did I ever say bouncing is unusual, I even posted and said it's expected, just that the rebound is excessive right now.

This thread quickly went from "1.52 discussion" to "crazy, ignorant people justify broken physics while people that state facts, complete with evidence, are justifiedly upset"

Don't mind me, enjoying my popcorn watching this poopstorm raging. I thought this would've died ages ago, but I was very wrong, thanks to @Voodoovaj

Peak content, keep it coming my man.

michael-jackson.gif

Last edited:
1.49 1.49 1.49

Oh wow, I LOVE it when someone posts a video that completely opposes what they're trying to say... and with such hubris. Fantastic.

Where to even start? You show a video of an Alltrak clearly hitting a successive set of multiple oscillating bumps that are obviously compounding the "bouncing" reaction of the suspension, where the car doesn't even cant forward that much at all, and think that compares to multiple versions of the EVO hitting ONE bump and STANDING ON ITS FRONT BUMPER? It doesn't... not even remotely.

Matter of fact, despite hitting all those whoops with relatively worn factory struts the Alltrack took it pretty well... you should be able to tell because the car remained pretty settled considering... oh, and it didn't try to flip itself onto its roof after hitting the FIRST bump.

Your don't understand this at all, and this argument is certainly going no where if you think what you posted is anything other than proof that you're wrong.

@Nielsen @Nebuc72 I'm afraid this argument is a lost cause, and we're just wasting our breath... fingers... typing?

Without a basic understanding of the issue there is nothing to be accomplished here. We're just going to have to hold out hope that PD invests any more time into actually repairing the shortcomings of the model.

Back