Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 823 comments
Well I did a quick lap with a complete STOCK Evo9 with just SH tires on it. I normally would use CS but that’s what it comes equipped with. I use T-GT-II with clutch and 7speed shifter. The drive seemed normal to me.

Two different angles…

Yes, as we've always been saying it's not something that always happens and is consistently reproducible.

I think there's a common misunderstanding here that I'm saying that the entire game is broken or whatever and these things mean the game is consistently completely unplayable normally. It does happen consistently in some scenarios (Mondial) but not all.

What I am saying is that there is a problem with how the game reacts to heavy compression. To see the issue, you have to find somewhere to actually get heavy compression.
You generally are not experiencing heavy compression, so it's not ever present outside of those scenarios. All I have given is examples of the game acting weirdly under heavy compression by it forcing rear rebound - because this is where things are broken.
Hence everyone having an issue at the end of the Nordschleife where you're going high speed downhill into an uphill breaking zone. A high compression zone.

Last edited:
Yes, as we've always been saying it's not something that always happens and is consistently reproducible.

I think there's a common misunderstanding here that I'm saying that the entire game is broken or whatever and these things mean the game is consistently completely unplayable normally. It does happen consistently in some scenarios (Mondial) but not all.

What I am saying is that there is a problem with how the game reacts to heavy compression. To see the issue, you have to find somewhere to actually get heavy compression.
You generally are not experiencing heavy compression, so it's not ever present outside of those scenarios. All I have given is examples of the game acting weirdly under heavy compression by it forcing rear rebound - because this is where things are broken.
Hence everyone having an issue at the end of the Nordschleife where you're going high speed downhill into an uphill breaking zone. A high compression zone.
So Even though I used the same car in its true stock form… ran the same track and line as you I am not experiencing heavy compression as you are… ok gotcha.

So Even though I used the same car in its true stock form… ran the same track and line as you I am not experiencing heavy compression as you are… ok gotcha.
You said yourself my car has aero and more power? What do you think that would do if not increase the compression into a braking zone.

You said yourself my car has aero and more power? What do you think that would do if not increase the compression into a braking zone.
When I was arguing the point your evo was far from stock and pretty much already had a bad setup aero without brakes or suspension and more power… You told me it shouldn’t matter. You also said it happens with a stock evo on SH tires. So which one is it?

When I was arguing the point your evo was far from stock and pretty much already had a bad setup aero without brakes or suspension and more power… You told me it shouldn’t matter. You also said it happens with a stock evo on SH tires. So which one is it?
I didn't say any of that mate you've just made it up?
My point literally the whole time is that high compression is wonky. I never said the Evo I used was stock, just that it was on SH to prove it wasn't the fault of the tyre grip.
This car was completely fine pre 1.49 and is still completely fine outside of high compression zones because guess what, high compression is the bloody problem!!!

Please show me any footage of any road car in existence - tuned or otherwise, I'm not picky - that suddenly decides to extend its rear springs while braking uphill, causing the rear to fling up into the air.

I didn't say any of that mate you've just made it up?
My point literally the whole time is that high compression is wonky. I never said the Evo I used was stock, just that it was on SH to prove it wasn't the fault of the tyre grip.
This car was completely fine pre 1.49 and is still completely fine outside of high compression zones because guess what, high compression is the bloody problem!!!
JDMKing13 is starting to get the troll card out.

JDMKing13 is starting to get the troll card out.
It's starting to feel like I'm taking loony pills mate. Constantly going "High compression causes weird suspension effects, here's an example" then getting random people come out the woodwork to tell me why it's actually my driving or setup that is what defies the laws of physics.

Believe me if I could make my ass fly up in the air by driving poorly I'd be doing more than post about it on GTPlanet.

Please show me any footage of any road car in existence - tuned or otherwise, I'm not picky - that suddenly decides to extend its rear springs while braking uphill, causing the rear to fling up into the air.
Um i literally just ran the same car and line in a stock car that you said would act as the same as your buddy driving the pink Evo… It didn’t. Again let’s just not act as if this guy wasn’t flying going way too hot with a bad setup car. I am sorry yes the car should of acted perfectly my bad!

Um i literally just ran the same car and line in a stock car that you said would act as the same as your buddy driving the pink Evo… It didn’t. Again let’s just not act as if this guy wasn’t flying going way too hot with a bad setup car. I am sorry yes the car should of acted perfectly my bad!
Cars do not fling their rear ends up into the air when braking uphill

Show me it happening.

Last edited:
I'd block JDMKing13 if I was you and Nebuc72. You can clearly see JDMKing13 is looking for trouble.
Man stop making stuff up.. Unlike you I’ve actually took some time to run the Evo.. not hiding inputs and running what you and other folks been saying is broken.. I was told stock cars behave like what we see in that poor Evo clip.. I ran the car and line just as he did just to be told “oh you’re not getting the compression right…” like what?!?! I even told him I saw some of the videos and something was def wacky… but for what I am experiencing it’s not the same for others… So please save it with the troll post I’ve been on GTP long enough to know how it works here… I’ve giving video proof of my own experience where is yours?!?

Last edited:
Man stop making stuff..
. not hiding inputs and running what you and other folks been saying is broken.. I was told stock cars behave like what we see in that poor Evo clip.. I ran the car and line just as he did just to be told “oh your not getting the compression right…” like what?!?!
Yeah that's rich mate. In the bin with you.

Just curious but what do you mean by comfort and sports tyres were almost unusable on update 1.50 ? Ive never noticed this,maybe different driving styles,im not what you call fast,my lap time on Tokyo for example,were similair before and after the update.The only real issues I had were the iffy suspension settings on some cars but they seem better now,I also dont class GT7 as a sim,more a simcade,even though I hate that term.Just my opinion mind. :lol:
On some cars, it feels as if I'm driving on ice with CH, CM, and CS. Which in real life, which I am using as an analogue, should not feel like that at such low speeds. High speeds, it is understandable, as they simply are not designed for it.

I accidentally took the Subaru WRX STI ’04 on the Nurbrurgring, fully tuned, with SS tires, and I could not induce oversteer regardless of how much I tried. Also, I nearly got a sub seven minute time because the grip was too good. Never achieved such a fast time with SS tires.

Also, I have video clips of my '83 Golf, and Abarth flipping over while braking into Sabine Schmitz (RIP) Corner. There is absolutely no reason, as it is physically impossible for that to happen IRL under those conditions. The physics don't add up.

With 1.50, It took me a while to get accustomed to braking on the straights, as I should not have been able to brake as deep into a corner as I did before. I liked the way the car would not always brake in a straight line, and pull you into a banked curve. I did not like it at first because I didn't expect it. However, once I adjusted to it, I got used to it.

I did state that I am possibly inexperienced in using a wheel in GT7. But, I know what feels right, and what does not. 1.52 does not feel right.

And, you are correct, it is a simcade game. However, 1.49/1.50, to me, felt much better, and more in line with my IRL driving experience.

Last edited:
Back