Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Gaming is not - and never will be - a "job". Don't normalise the casual use of work. If PD want you to work, they need to employ you

There are people who get paid for playing video games so I hate to break it to you but it absolutely can be a job. And if it is indeed the “casual use” of work then it has, by definition, already been normalized. There are many uses of the word work, including in physics, so that’s not going to change to fit your extremely narrow definition. Yes you “work” in the game and you get “paid” in digital cars. That’s how most racing games work (look another usage that isn’t yours!), especially this one that wants to be realistic in, I would agree, several obnoxious ways.

And see to me I think that is still too little given the length of the race and the inflated cost of the cars. You have to ask yourself when evaluating the payouts "How valuable is my time?" Me I'd want double that for an hour of driving and firmly support doubling the payouts for all events. Oddly, early on in the game's life PD decided to actually half the payouts for many of the events which caused massive community backlash. Now that the community backlash is over and no one is pressing them on it, they've got comfortable sitting in their ivory tower giving us 💩 payouts.
100% agree.. my time is worth much more than 1.5m/hr when not only the car prices are inflated but the cost of car upgrades are soooo expensive... over a 100k just for 3 kinds of race tyres + a rain or inter. Multply that by the number of cars you own and things gets ridiculous.. 300k to fully upgrade 1 car... that is why I haven't raced in 12 months - in game where you need credits, the payouts are too low to make it worth my while

And see to me I think that is still too little given the length of the race and the inflated cost of the cars. You have to ask yourself when evaluating the payouts "How valuable is my time?" Me I'd want double that for an hour of driving and firmly support doubling the payouts for all events. Oddly, early on in the game's life PD decided to actually half the payouts for many of the events which caused massive community backlash. Now that the community backlash is over and no one is pressing them on it, they've got comfortable sitting in their ivory tower giving us 💩 payouts.
Fully agree I used to grind that spa race up to 8 times a day before I realize the payout wasn't wroth my time and I switch to Tokyo and le man.

2M or 2.5M would make that race better.

There are people who get paid for playing video games so I hate to break it to you but it absolutely can be a job. And if it is indeed the “casual use” of work then it has, by definition, already been normalized. There are many uses of the word work, including in physics, so that’s not going to change to fit your extremely narrow definition. Yes you “work” in the game and you get “paid” in digital cars. That’s how most racing games work (look another usage that isn’t yours!), especially this one that wants to be realistic in, I would agree, several obnoxious ways.
If you see gaming as work - other than being a presenter for OutsideXbox or something - then that's a huge problem. When I stream GT4 I'm not working, even when given a prize car. I'm gaming.

Too many companies now expect players to treat their hobby as a jobby. Login, drive so many miles, collect your roulette paycheck. I say nuts to that thank you very much

The only real reason you have comparisons to being work is simply because it feels much like a second job to acquire some of the cars in GT7 due to the unbalanced game economy. We all know in reality that GT7 isn't an actual job but a piece of entertainment software.

Man, I wonder why this Japanese dev keeps adding all these Japanese cars in these free updates instead of just paying to have the cars brought to PD or flying PD out to scan the cars and/or tracks. Sucks bro.

/s
Without knowing anything about this business, I’d assume it’s less a technical issue of scanning and adding cars than much more a commercial task of licensing them from the car makers. 🤷‍♂️

Out of the 27 cars added to the game from this year so far(including the duplicated entries for the sf23 Honda and Toyota), 15 of them come from outside Asia if we include Garage RCR civic as American.

Not sure how some people can say they don’t add modern cars by “holding content for GT8” and can’t scan them from other parts of the outside of Japan if there’s a Maserati MC20 and Aston Martin Valkyrie.(yes I know these cars exist in Japan)

Last edited:
Hmmm 🤔 I already drove the new events, they’re pretty dull IMHO, and nothing I’m going to go back to anytime soon. Also, those cars are quite special interest, which is okay for those who are interested.

What I don’t get is why PD won’t just add a few more races to existing circuits? I’d personally love to see a lot more WTC 700 races or get those WTC 800 races bumped up in rewards. All those races must be somewhat available from GT Sport.

But yeah, it’s all speculation, since we don’t know what the gran plan is…

I'm not fully sure if content is being held for GT8 as I assumed that PD meant to push GT7 as a long-term service game this time. That's what Kaz made it sound like.

I'm not fully sure if content is being held for GT8 as I assumed that PD meant to push GT7 as a long-term service game this time. That's what Kaz made it sound like.
There's someone on Twitter that thinks it's the case because so they can drop PS4 in favor of PS5 Pro:

I don't buy it though (this also assuming content leaks are taken out of equation).

Where's the monthly income for PD with what they are doing? Season Pass? Highly focused car and track delivery as part of that? What Kaz said doesn't follow in game.

Service game? With no season pass and paid items, feature? They are not getting a cent from all this extra work. So, dlc are coming like it was for gtsport? Or they need to monetise somehow.

There's someone on Twitter that thinks it's the case because so they can drop PS4 in favor of PS5 Pro:

I don't buy it though (this also assuming content leaks are taken out of equation).

I can kinda understand that as GT7 feels held back being a crossgen game versus being built only for PS5 at the start. But I can't exactly buy that due to the company in question.

Where's the monthly income for PD with what they are doing? Season Pass? Highly focused car and track delivery as part of that? What Kaz said doesn't follow in game.
I mean, there's the microtransactions for a lot of the cars in-game, so there's technically another source of income that way. Though I assumed that they would later on actually make some expansion and put that on sale.

I can kinda understand that as GT7 feels held back being a crossgen game versus being built only for PS5 at the start. But I can't exactly buy that due to the company in question.

I mean, there's the microtransactions for a lot of the cars in-game, so there's technically another source of income that way. Though I assumed that they would later on actually make some expansion and put that on sale.
Microtransations where much better and more “useful” in gtsport where u were able to buy a single car for x price. Here u just buy a bunch of credits for crazy prices.

Microtransations where much better and more “useful” in gtsport where u were able to buy a single car for x price. Here u just buy a bunch of credits for crazy prices.
You're right that the MTs in GT7 are worse than in GTSport. But the quality of Microtransactions does not matter in some cases when it comes to sales. I mean, is there a way to tell how many knuckleheads actually put money towards more credits?

I know for certain some people have actually bought credits. I've seen people bragging about earning cars this way while saying they even enjoy grinding (which I find to be an insane opinion). That and there are people that have money to spend, but don't have much time to spend it grinding for a car they want and would likely put money towards the credits.

With microtransactions you also have to bear in mind this game is waaaaay more manipulative. The new Porsche menu - from what I understand - has one car behind an "invite". These rare drops are only valid for 14 days.

So if you are on a 14 day clock for multiple millions of credits, those without the time to grind or ability to go "no deal" are more likely to dip into real world money

Last edited:
With microtransactions you also have to bear in mind this game is waaaaay more manipulative. The new Porsche menu - from what I understand - has one car behind an "invite". These rare drops are only valid for 14 days.

So if you are on a 14 day clock for multiple millions of credits, those without the time to grind or ability to go "no deal" are more likely to dip into real world money
They were changed to 30 days in the first few months of the game.

I can assure you that u can enjoy the game without grinding. I play the events i want to play eachtime…i try to wnjoy every car i won or bought and i am at 76% of the car collection completed and i do not buy a car just to have it but i always use it..i do not have a single car with 0km…just some duplicate…of some car i have even a double version with engine swapped or heavy modified. The game is much more the just making money…and there are so many ways to play it…as they say…find your line

And with all this, i think the game lack of events…nut tge payouts are ok to me most of the time

Last edited:
You're right that the MTs in GT7 are worse than in GTSport. But the quality of Microtransactions does not matter in some cases when it comes to sales. I mean, is there a way to tell how many knuckleheads actually put money towards more credits?

I know for certain some people have actually bought credits. I've seen people bragging about earning cars this way while saying they even enjoy grinding (which I find to be an insane opinion). That and there are people that have money to spend, but don't have much time to spend it grinding for a car they want and would likely put money towards the credits.

Hahaha well I’m technically an insane person so I guess you could be correct, enjoying grinding just might be an insane opinion LMAO! I’ll never pay for credits at the insane prices PD charges though, even if I am mentally ill lol.

I’d gladly pay for a car pack though, I have in FH5 several times, hell I’ve paid Praiano for tunes before, but No thanks PD grinding doesn’t bother me!

Hahaha well I’m technically an insane person so I guess you could be correct, enjoying grinding just might be an insane opinion LMAO! I’ll never pay for credits at the insane prices PD charges though, even if I am mentally ill lol.

I’d gladly pay for a car pack though, I have in FH5 several times, hell I’ve paid Praiano for tunes before, but No thanks PD grinding doesn’t bother me!
It's hours on end doing the same old race, nothing fun can be had from that.

It's hours on end doing the same old race, nothing fun can be had from that.

I get to drive my favorite fast cars in VR with my Fanatec GT DD Pro and I get more awesome cars as a result, so count me in! I seriously look forward to getting home and grinding for hours every night. I wouldn’t have 1.3 million collector points otherwise. I would offer to grind for other players for a dollar per million credits if it wasn’t against Sony TOS lol.

I get to drive my favorite fast cars in VR with my Fanatec GT DD Pro and I get more awesome cars as a result, so count me in! I seriously look forward to getting home and grinding for hours every night. I wouldn’t have 1.3 million collector points otherwise. I would offer to grind for other players for a dollar per million credits if it wasn’t against Sony TOS lol.
I mean, wouldn't you prefer having more than high-paying races though that pay that well? My idea of fun is never doing the same race for hours on end, I need variety of races (that pay well).

I mean, wouldn't you prefer having more than high-paying races though that pay that well? My idea of fun is never doing the same race for hours on end, I need variety of races (that pay well).

Oh absolutely. Don’t get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE if there was a 1 hour event that paid 1.5 million at every course like we have for Spa or else an event similar to Sardegna 800 then I would probably be able to grind even more LMAO!

I never do the same race with the same car twice in a row and I’ve got over 200 favorited cars that are all either tuned for the grind races or else maxed out for the Hypercar Parade races. I do other stuff in between grinding, tune cars, buy cars, watch parts of my replays, do other events like Hypercar Parade, Gr. 1 and Super Formula races too. So I guess it’s more like I love the game and I tolerate grinding extremely well lol.

I'm pretty good at grinding and fact here is a fun fact since may 11 2023 I have now grinded Tokyo 600 at total of 1530 times that would be over 84K miles and I'm not one bit tired of doing so.:embarrassed:

Le man 700pp would be second and now even more since I found my favorite car to grind le man even more.

Unlike @DextroCat I stick to 1 car for my grinding when I find one I really like that only use that 1 car.

98% of this months miles are from grinding Tokyo and le man.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230930230534.png

Last edited:
I’d rather have fun races than races that pay well. That’s what I did in GT4. Tuner Grand Prix was and is my favourite ever Gran Turismo event. It was a challenge for me.
Another was this. I had a wheel back then and it was so awesome to do over and over.

The joy of driving and experiencing automobiles in previous GT games were paramount. Races in GT7, need a bit more of that flavour. GT Sport had a bit of that, even without variable weather.

Back