Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Could someone check if 2player split screen is still “will be fixed in future”?
Thank you!
Yes, it is.

Split screen obviously isn't a priority, or they would've fixed it by now. A bit shameful that is.

Last edited:
I can understand PD's reasoning why they don't want to increase payouts and would rather drip feed the player community. In that way, they know it will take the majority of players ages to obtain all the cars in-game (unless they are young and/or jobless and have no life outside of gaming ) and so they will continue to grind through gritted teeth just to get that darn, pesky McLaren F1.
Plus, Kaz came up with the genius Idea of rotating 'rare' cars via the Hagerty dealership. As he said, he wanted to truly make players appreciate the work and effort required to obtain these cars (even if only virtually) The idea that players will appreciate these cars more once obtained is laughable. When I finally grinded enough to get the 911 Strassenversion, I didn't jump for joy. Rather, I thought '"Thank **** for that"

And let's be brutally honest here. How many creative directors would admit their artistic/creative mistakes? Not many. They'll simply try to justify why they made those said decisions.

The game is now also 18 months old. If they couldn't be arsed with it in its infancy, why would they care now? They've achieved their goal of making money and Bob's your sister. They know most GT fans will always return to the franchise -
just like Pavlov's dogs always salivated when hearing that bell ring and associating it with dinner.

Ok, my intent is not to upset folks . . . but I'm going to share this.

When I got home from work, I expected to need to do the LeMans race once to afford the Gr.4 Mazda and the SEMA Civic. I logged in and saw a little gift box over the Sport section.

Immediately got 4 million credits for the pair of time trials that finished.

For those who have complained about grinding for 650k credits worth of cars - and are not interested in the unpredictability of the lobbies and/or have no interest in in daily race drives (who can be unpredictable as well) have you considered the Time Trial option? It's a reliable way to get extra credits without the threat of dirty drivers ruining your race.

Thoughts?

I can understand PD's reasoning why they don't want to increase payouts and would rather drip feed the player community. In that way, they know it will take the majority of players ages to obtain all the cars in-game (unless they are young and/or jobless and have no life outside of gaming ) and so they will continue to grind through gritted teeth just to get that darn, pesky McLaren F1.
Plus, Kaz came up with the genius Idea of rotating 'rare' cars via the Hagerty dealership. As he said, he wanted to truly make players appreciate the work and effort required to obtain these cars (even if only virtually) The idea that players will appreciate these cars more once obtained is laughable. When I finally grinded enough to get the 911 Strassenversion, I didn't jump for joy. Rather, I thought '"Thank **** for that"
I'm not the Lorax; I don't speak for the trees.

I was elated when I finally got the Barker. Same is true for when I got the Alfa 8C. Most recently I was trying to decide between the F1 and the 300SL as I only had 20.013M credits at the time. I'll catch the Mercedes the next time it comes through.

I personally love the chase . . . not unlike "Chasing Classic Cars" for those who remember the show.
The game is now also 18 months old. If they couldn't be arsed with it in its infancy, why would they care now? They've achieved their goal of making money and Bob's your sister. They know most GT fans will always return to the franchise -
just like Pavlov's dogs always salivated when hearing that bell ring and associating it with dinner.
While I never left, I can understand the perception.

When I got home from work, I expected to need to do the LeMans race once to afford the Gr.4 Mazda and the SEMA Civic. I logged in and saw a little gift box over the Sport section.

For those who have complained about grinding for 650k credits worth of cars - and are not interested in the unpredictability of the lobbies and/or have no interest in in daily race drives (who can be unpredictable as well) have you considered the Time Trial option? It's a reliable way to get extra credits without the threat of dirty drivers ruining your race.

Thoughts?
Same here, but I've got 1 million for each TT.
Unpopular opinion, but there isn't an absolute need to grind the 4 "cash cows" races unless you want the 3M+ Cr legendary cars.
My way of playing GT7 in solo mode is to tune cars and do a maximum of events with them.
I guarantee you that there's some decent payout races out there without limiting yourself to Le Mans/Tokyo WTC600/Spa/Sardegna.

Maybe they have an underlying problem with the gamecode. Recently watched Digital Foundry's inside video for the new Forza Motorsport. Game Director said that they had problems to bring new content to FM7. For the new FM they improved their systems to make it far easier to implement new content.

Maybe GT7 is suffering from that?
That's my hunch as well,and i think Nenkai pretty much hinted at this

Last edited:
With the HRC CTR in ST-Q guise and the Gr.4 Mazda3 MSR, there really is a case to just do a multi-class Super Taikyu event.

Separate class rewards for finishing positions. Gr.3, Gr.4, 4WD PP500, FF & FR PP 450, all together.

If you give the option to save and have a great reward, many would. That's like saying it's silly to have 100% distance simulation in F1 games
As of right now nope 24-hour custom race would only give me like 40 million Japanese Cr.
Which only highlights even more of how terrible the payout for each most normal races gives you.

Thoughts?
Sport mode? sucks to me then as it requires PS Plus, and recent price hike made me cancelled it.
And time trial reward is mostly one-time only so unless you're pretty good at beat the clock then it won't be much difference versus grinding endurance races.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, but there isn't an absolute need to grind the 4 "cash cows" races unless you want the 3M+ Cr legendary cars.
My way of playing GT7 in solo mode is to tune cars and do a maximum of events with them.
I guarantee you that there's some decent payout races out there without limiting yourself to Le Mans/Tokyo WTC600/Spa/Sardegna.
The best of the non-dirt ones top out at about 900,000 Cr./hour, and are more dependent on good driving than Le Mans/Sardegna/Spa. On the bright side, they're also not half-hour (hour in the case of Spa) time investments.

Thoughts?
I'll expand a bit upon @half_sourly's work in the Time Trial Discussion thread, specifically the "Main Results Table" (see the second one in the linked post - that includes both of the time trials that expired yesterday). On average, just over 10% of the drivers globally are good enough to get gold (or 3 Sardegna grinds), and the next 20% are good enough to get silver (a bit more than a Sarthe/Tokyo grind). Worse, roughly 20% are not fast enough to even get bronze.

The stats are better among the GTP members he knows about (see the GTP Leaderboard table). Typically, better than half get gold, most of the rest get silver, and almost nobody goes home empty-handed.

As for time, I'll use myself as an example. I typically take about a half-hour to get safely into the silver range (sometimes, it's far less, sometimes I miss entirely and can't break out of bronze). I doubt I'll ever be fast enough to get a gold time. So, in respect to game time spent, it's a bit more profitable than the grind. Unfortunately, it also is only once a week.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm with you. This would have been the first time I couldn't purchase the new cars with what I had on hand; I just bought the McLaren the night before.

I never consider it grinding. I love the game and love playing it . . . every aspect of it.

Sport mode? sucks to me then as it requires PS Plus, and recent price hike made me cancelled it.
And time trial reward is mostly one-time only so unless you're pretty good at beat the clock then it won't be much difference versus grinding endurance races.
I'm pretty sure you can compete in the Time Trials without a PS+ account. You do need PS+ to race online.

I have a very fast driver in my friends list whom I believe has no PS+ account but does the time trials. He's my benchmark; he's been fast since we first met as part of the TPRA.

As of right now nope 24-hour custom race would only give me like 40 million Japanese Cr.
Which only highlights even more of how terrible the payout for each most normal races gives you.

They can always adjust the payouts, not likely, but they can.

I'm pretty sure you can compete in the Time Trials without a PS+ account. You do need PS+ to race online.

I have a very fast driver in my friends list whom I believe has no PS+ account but does the time trials. He's my benchmark; he's been fast since we first met as part of the TPRA.
That's cool until I realized I'm not good at time trials in general, so I'll give those a try then quickly back to grinding. Wished I'm a fast driver but my semi-competitive days are gone not to mention my gaming taste changed and so does my free time went to other games and other hobbies.

Quite a few that pay out around 1.1 to 1.2 mil/hour actually. The Grand Valley Clubman 550 is a notable one.
1695997720422.jpeg

Will have to try this tonight; I love Grand Valley.

I think that it would be better to just have „race fuel tank” as a tunining part in race category. That would make more sense.
Not really necessary. Fifteen laps of Sardegna = 48 miles.... what road car can't manage that on one tank of petrol?

Quite a few that pay out around 1.1 to 1.2 mil/hour actually. The Grand Valley Clubman 550 is a notable one.
Maybe if you use a well-overpowered car to club the baby seals worse than if one uses a 2008 GT500 at Sardegna, but my notes had an Evo IV tuned to the recommended 550 PP doing the race at just over 5:30...with no CRB (though that could be because it was a new circuit).
Not really necessary. Fifteen laps of Sardegna = 48 miles.... what road car can't manage that on one tank of petrol?
At 1x fuel consumption? Maybe the Bugattis. At the 8x fuel consumption the WTC 800 race is? Everything that can keep up with Gr.3 cars can't, as 48 miles turns into 384.

Last edited:
Without considering the time I spent washing and switching my cars, load screens and menu interactions, this update is worth around 40 minutes of playtime at most.

Rowan Atkinson GIF

That's my hunch as well,and i think Nenkai pretty much hinted at this

That makes since as to one of the reasons as to why the GT7 updates are so bare compared to GT Sport, maybe that's the reason they haven't been able to add anymore championships but the events themselves are intentionally being held back for whatever reason, a few of the cut ones would've been pretty interesting and made use of some otherwise useless unless downgraded/upgraded cars. I still hope they are planning to do a update similar to the content overhaul GT5 received with Spec II as otherwise the updates have been extremely lackluster recently.

Maybe if you use a well-overpowered car to club the baby seals worse than if one uses a 2008 GT500 at Sardegna, but my notes had an Evo IV tuned to the recommended 550 PP doing the race at just over 5:30...with no CRB (though that could be because it was a new circuit).

At 1x fuel consumption? Maybe the Bugattis. At the 8x fuel consumption the WTC 800 race is? Everything that can keep up with Gr.3 cars can't, as 48 miles turns into 384.
So at 8x fuel consumption any road car should complete Sardegna with 1 pit stop.... every roadcar I try requires a pitstop every 2-3 laps.

I don't care about TT because there is not enough freedom to tune and drive the car. I tune the cars with the manual and always drive without any of the assists. I also like to toss the car around a bit to learn its chassis, which isn't really the fastest way to go around a track. You can do this with the grind events and adjust difficulty to make sure you just about get the $ but in TT everything is pretty strict. I also thought TT was pay for service because a lot of online races are for a fee, pretty confusing from PD on this issue.

There is no replacement for PD having fair payouts at every track in career mode.

That's honestly not a good solution either, to get good money for those time trials; you have to be absolutely fast time wise and not everyone is or can be that good. Now, if the time trials were preset times instead of variable times based on the top whatever %, then it would be fine. But it isn't and they don't offer any better solutions.

That's honestly not a good solution either, to get good money for those time trials; you have to be absolutely fast time wise and not everyone is or can be that good. Now, if the time trials were preset times instead of variable times based on the top whatever %, then it would be fine. But it isn't and they don't offer any better solutions.
Not to mention you have to wait 'till after the event closed in order to receive reward which is infuriating.
IF I get Bronze or Silver time I should get the reward right after and not make me wait few days to a month to receive.
Man they really make these time trials feel like work.
The top times clearly are aliens and used the best gears available.

There is no replacement for PD having fair payouts at every track in career mode.

Circuit Experiences would like to have a word with you.
Beat me to it. That said, "fair payouts" will be relative from player to player.

For the Time Trials, is your objection that the reward is based on percentage, or would you be ok if for bronze they gave you 2 million for bronze, 4 million for silver and 8 million credits for Gold? Or should they give everyone who participates a flat reward for competing?

Latest Posts

Back