Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

20970926466302151.jpg

The highlight of this update for me: Doing the turbo races in a tuned Toyota Tundra.

Otherwise, bit of a meh update overall.

The problem is not NEW assets, unless you have exhausted all the car track combo's in the game imo. GT7 is the most under-realised GT ever. They have a tremendous car list and a great selection of tracks.. IMO all they need to do to vastly improve the game is introduce Category events (like in previous GTs) - i.e IA Cup (what is the point of having licenses in this game as they are never used), Stars and Stripes, MX5 cup... etc, historic touring challenge... they have done all this before - 5 race cups with pts awarded for placings and overall championship - and then make them pay well so we can enjoy all the content that the game already has and feel that each race is a fair trade for our time in this busy real life world. Now...... none of these changes / introductions, would involve creating new assets, labour intensive assets, so that is not an excuse. Simply use what you've already got in game and multiply the race roster 100 fold
This pretty much it for me. I have enough great cars. I have no new events. Once it’s gold it’s a wrap for me, I’m not doing these races over and over to earn credits to buy the most expensive cars.

It’s not hard to add the events for all the preexisting cars. The fact that some of these tracks only have five curated events is ridiculous.

If you are having fun doing the stuff over and over, good for you I guess?

You needed to grind out the credits to buy a Honda Civic? That's just not playing the game at that point - the gameplay loop of any GT game is to do events to buy cars. It's not "grinding" to buy a literal Honda Civic.
And people wonder why the new Forza games just throw cars at you. It's because doing 1 race to be able to buy a new car is too much for a lot of people.

That EG Civic is such a let down. It just doesn't handle, the brakes, despite being racing items feel like the discs are coated in butter, it doesn't count as a road car, doesn't count as Japanese and the year doesn't count either. So far all I've found is it can do the wtc600 where it's vastly outclassed, wtc700 where its not only vastly outclassed, but existing engine swapped Road cars embarass it, or the Turbo Sports Cars event where again existing 700pp setups humiliate it. I wanted to love again.
It’s classic PD at this point. They did the same thing with Grand Valley.

Take something customers clamour for, make a mess of it, make them wait several months, offer it, never communicate. Now they’re off finding something else to screw up with their arrogance.

My whole attitude toward the update would have been different if they just gave us a normal EG.

Don't expect things to get much better.

This release schedule has been obvious for over a year now, so to be brutally honest if you still have to get used to it, you are well behind the curve.
But: some of the most pressing issues with GT7 could be solved without a huge development effort from PD. It's their tonedeaf intransigence that's stopping them from listening to their client base.

Last edited:
The problem is not NEW assets, unless you have exhausted all the car track combo's in the game imo. GT7 is the most under-realised GT ever. They have a tremendous car list and a great selection of tracks.. IMO all they need to do to vastly improve the game is introduce Category events (like in previous GTs) - i.e IA Cup (what is the point of having licenses in this game as they are never used), Stars and Stripes, MX5 cup... etc, historic touring challenge... they have done all this before - 5 race cups with pts awarded for placings and overall championship - and then make them pay well so we can enjoy all the content that the game already has and feel that each race is a fair trade for our time in this busy real life world. Now...... none of these changes / introductions, would involve creating new assets, labour intensive assets, so that is not an excuse. Simply use what you've already got in game and multiply the race roster 100 fold
This a hugely under-appreciated comment. The track list is great, the car list is good but the variety of events you can actually use them on is poor and the lack of championships, cups or whatever you want to call them is baffling...

This release schedule has been obvious for over a year now, so to be brutally honest if you still have to get used to it, you are well behind the curve.
But: some of the most pressing issues with GT7 could be solved without a huge development effort from PD. It's their tonedeaf intransigence that's stopping them from listening to their client base.

This^

I would be perfectly happy with update without new cars, new track etc but with loads of new interesting events. I don’t know why PD is ignoring this opportunity…

This^

I would be perfectly happy with update without new cars, new track etc but with loads of new interesting events. I don’t know why PD is ignoring this opportunity…
Only if they at least gave us custom races shared via online - of course they have to fix it first

Frame of reference. I’ve been playing this game since Gran Turismo. No, not “GT1” . . . Gran Turismo. #Old #Bitter

I find it interesting that there are so many complaints expressed each time a new update is published. This time the refrain is “Forza’s coming out so I’m leaving GT7” mixed in with “the car/track/feature I wanted didn’t come so this update is horrid.”

A genuine question to the individuals who find this (and the other updates) unsatisfactory:

Would you support a microtransaction based pay-for-your-desired-item model?

While I would not – I love the fact I get new updates about every month – I’m curious to see just how many are complaining because they want everything they want instantly . . . vs. how many are willing to commit money to get what they want.

Personally I’m now in the PSVR2 category and consider myself lucky; this is a brand new game to me in every respect. There are certainly cars/tracks/features I’d love to see return to the game and/or added to GT7. I’d love to have the Vector W8 Twin-Turbo, Track Editor (Thundercloud . . . I still miss you!) and Virginia International Raceway added (or hell, Summit Point for that matter) but I’m not going to rage quit if/when they don’t arrive.

I’ll continue to enjoy what I have: the opportunity to improve my driving skills, take wonderful pictures in different landscapes, design liveries and just enjoy a drive in cars that I will likely never own.

Of course, your milage may vary.

That’s just my opinion; it may be wrong.

My thoughts exactly. The single player GT7 'World' is just that, a World map with random events scattered about, most of which are standalone events with no tangible reward for competing in them. All they need to do in my opinion is add a Historic race and World Touring Car 600, 700 & 800 events to EVERY circuit, balance the rewards (something like 350k for winning), and then have a league system for each of the four categories. Also adjusting the fuel economy of road cars so it's possible to enter them in WTC800 events would be good, introducing a WTC900 event for race cars.

I have heard they included predictive weather with this update. This is a great little feature and what PD should be pumping out every update, rather than three cars every two updates.

A lot of issues GT has are solvable with little features like this

I honestly thought that the new Civic Type R would be a total dog with sluggish handling and horrible understeer, but to my surprise, it wasn't. I don't know if I'm the best person to evaluate the handling of a front-drive car, but I have to say that the FL5 is shockingly good. The performance is world class, providing an involved yet forgiving experience that exhibits all the hallmarks of a true sports car. It may be front wheel drive and a class larger than the FK2, tipping the scales as the heaviest Type R in history, but you won't know it based on the supreme agility. The FL5 has well and truly established itself as the new king of front drive sports cars.

I wish simply adding a bunch of events each update were a fix to this game, but as PD has shown, they're completely comfortable with the single-file-chase-the-rabbit-start-30-or more-seconds-behind-the-leader formula so that's all they would be. I'm jealous of you guys who can find fun in grinding these races because they're boring as sin and so lifeless to me.

When half of the patch notes are about completely pointless voice lines then you know the update is 💩.

Honestly how hard is it for PD to add more championships, more events, use the unused layouts, more dynamic weather events, …. <sigh>.

This has got to be the first racing game ever where I just want more events on the existing circuits, rather than a new circuit added.

Scapes are a lazy excuse to easily substitute 3D photomode locations like older games had... I honestly hate scapes, the 3D locations were WAY better
View attachment 1290715
There was an interview that explained why PD switched from that to scapes:
Why did you decide to go with real-life shots instead of CG for the backgrounds?
Kanzaki:
In GT6, the predecessor to GT Sport, we had a feature called "Photo Travel," which was kind of the forerunner to Scapes. However, it only had around five locations at the time, and all of the backgrounds were made using CG, so everything from the roads to the buildings had to be painstakingly created in detail. To be honest, it was too expensive and a time burden. That's why with Scapes we wanted to try to use real-life photographs.
I am pretty sure people complained during the PS3 days that the effort in those should have went to playable tracks. (Especially in GT6, where the number of photo travel CGs dropped dramatically vs GT5's.)

Mount Panorama Gr.3&4 AI are a thorn in the side. The latest WC700 have good AI programming everywhere but the dreaded Sulman and Reid Parks to Skyline.

Look, in real life, race drivers come undone at those corners, but the undulations, road camber, entry speeds and change in direction, can't be that hard to program. The AI navigate the Nurb layouts. Bathurst is described(by Mika Salo) as a "Mini Nurburgring".
Those series of corners have a fantastic flow. I'd love to know the reasoning for the sluggish AI programming.

Anyway I'm enjoying that new event. The Mazda3 S-TaiCR is so sweet. Suprised by the tiny instruments, in VR. Should be more legible like the RX-Vision GT3.

I never understand why people have to announce they are leaving,the thing is,theres room for both games,if you are able to play them.Ive pre ordered FM but still play GT and will continue to.
It happens on sites for other games as well. Especially the official destiny 2 site. It's a way of telling the Devs that you are unhappy with the direction the game is going in. Not sure it works on an independent site like this though.....

I wish simply adding a bunch of events each update were a fix to this game, but as PD has shown, they're completely comfortable with the single-file-chase-the-rabbit-start-30-or more-seconds-behind-the-leader formula so that's all they would be. I'm jealous of you guys who can find fun in grinding these races because they're boring as sin and so lifeless to me.
Do you race online?

Weird, because I happen to be listening to my Yes playlist right now as I tried to enter the time trials.

I didn't notice the 'U17' stipulation for the Suzuka TT, and was totally thrown by the registration page...

How familiar are you with the brand Honda? :lol:

Isn't there an age limit to having a PSN or GT7 account that would prevent the under 4's from taking part?!

-

I do like the question about what Honda products would you like to buy, however...

I said:

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office
I listed my age as 0-4.

Back