Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

I have a pretty high end gaming PC in addition to my PS5.
I play AC on it, and no I won't buy Forza.
I don't understand why people who are upset about GT would move to Forza.
They have announced that it will be the SAME GAME MODEL AS GT7.
One or more "free" car every month 👌
One "free" track every two or three months (starting at 20 tracks, you'll be waiting 3 years minimum to have the same amount as GT7) 👌
No VR support.
Why would I buy Forza if I have GT7 on PS5?
The real threat for player engagement on GT7 is called Assetto Corsa 2, and I understand why Polyphony Digital seems to not care about Forza.
I don' t agree with you, Forza have Better car list and Better career mode than GT7 that waste resources in stupid vgt, 18 months and no new Ferrari, Lamborghini, Renault, Peugeot, Fiat, Lancia, Citroen, Dodge, Mercedes ecc has been added to GT7

The civic is awesome to drive tuned to 700. What a pleasant surprise. Also love the new event at Bathurst. I’m digging the engine swaps too, Porsche is one of my two favorite manufacturers to drive in the game. Solid update after all imo

Forgot to specify which Civic, it’s the 22 one. The tuned old civic is absolute garbage.

Last edited:
A 24hr race? Srsly? How many ppl do you think would play a 24hr race?
Many. MANY of us.

Also, I know there is no relation between the size of the update file (3.2GB for PS4) and the content itself, but this update fells microscopic: Only 3 new races for already existing events/race categories, a few engine swaps, a ton of scapes absolutely no one asked, awful modifications to some of the already high prizes of the Legendary car dealership...

Yes, this truly feels like the worst update in a while.

Last edited:
That's it. I'm getting Forza Motorsport.
Why? I'm SO glad you asked... because 3 cars a couple menus, and 29 Scapes will NEVER change the fact I haven't played a single Forza game in my life. What will change it is... playing a Forza game! 😁
I wish there was more to this update, yeah, but I still have much to do in GT7. Said Forza game might be a 360 version as that's the only Xbox I have. I'm not sure about plunking down for an XSX right now, will have to check what exclusives it has first, but that's a discussion for another thread.

So, the front splitter as well?
61537446-F21D-4DBA-AFFA-D379124F1FC8.jpeg
A586DF4F-967D-47BE-AA22-78AF0B05C111.jpeg
D1D9CB87-7C48-40AF-AD80-AA83D422DA7E.jpeg

Probably they are taking actions to avoid crushing?? Is the only thing I can imagine that does not involve holding content in porpuse
Maybe they have an underlying problem with the gamecode. Recently watched Digital Foundry's inside video for the new Forza Motorsport. Game Director said that they had problems to bring new content to FM7. For the new FM they improved their systems to make it far easier to implement new content.

Maybe GT7 is suffering from that?

I hope everybody got their 3 legends trophy - the Ferrari 330 P4 is now one of the 20,000,000-Cr. unicorns, jumping a whopping 10,500,000 Cr. (110.53%).

Also, the Ford Mark IV Race Car went up 50,000 Cr. to 6,750,000 Cr. At least the Jaguar XJ13 is still 12,000,000 Cr.

Jesus Christ PD is REALLY that tone deaf with their community aren't they?

I'm assuming the formula is still that a cars dealer price is 2x its new engine price? If so, the 911 GT1 is now a 10 mil car too, so that's up by a million. Wahoo.
Yep. I haven't made it to the P's yet in my review, nor do I (yet) have info on the Hagerty's cars for which prices cannot be estimated from a new engine, new body, or being the source of an engine swap (subtract 100,000 Cr. before halving the price).

Looking at new Porsche extra menu right now and... did PD make a new 3D location for this? I don't remember seeing it before.
They keep teasing us with those and then be like "ye u not getting that to take pics of ur cars, enjoy more scapes tho"
Here's a video of it on Youtube

Me after deciding not to buy it at 9.5M a few weeks ago:

jim carrey attorney GIF
I did(n't) do the same on the Plus account, deciding instead to absolutely prioritize Hagerty's purchases low-to-high.
Oh that’s actually really cool, how many other SEMA cars have customization in GT Auto?
Beyond wing/spoiler options for the rest of the SEMA cars, one can add hood pins to the CHC Nova and GReddy Fugu Z and add tow hooks to the Nova.

-Expect huge update with…
This sentiment has been posted again and again since this game launched by those still hoping that GT7 will someday become more than just GT Sport with Widebodies...Stop

What we have is all we are going to get. Even if a track is added, it's a bunch of nothing because there is no GAME to be played.

GT5 added a better B-spec
GT6 added the Senna content
GT Sport added the Hamilton content

GT7 added Sophie for a bit....

me waiting for the alleged "huge update" that people keep claiming will occur.
Skeleton Candles GIF

Now, this is what I was talking about earlier, with PD not having to make duplicates or model race cars and leaving players to build replicas. The EG allows us to remove the front splitter, change the rear wing to the stock standard car and add Honda badges. It’s already got the roll cage and it’s a sequential transmission. As much as I’d like the base road going EG6, PD really don’t have to model one.
Of course, PD still could release a “Honda” Civic SiR, but the way things have been with the car releases(E30, Sierra, R32, etc.), PD leave players to do the rest.
Ehhhh, I feel like I usually agree with you but I think I have to disagree with you here :D

I looked at it in the showroom and the parts and drove it a bit. All I could think was.. Man, this would've been way cooler/more useful and fun (IMO) if they added the stock car. Much more flexibility to build from a standard car, upwards. No widebody with B16, B18, K20, K24 swap options. Done. Everything from a Sunday Cup entry level super fun car to touring car tier up to dumb K24 turbo swaps for silly time attack stuff and wheel spin.

Bro, do you even leave-your-PS2-on-for-a-week-while-you-A-spec-the-24-hour-nurburgring-race-against-5-other-cars-in-daylight-conditions-that-never-change?
I raced the 24hours races at the weekends, 16-20hours on saturday and the rest on sunday :D

That's it. I'm getting Forza Motorsport.
Why? I'm SO glad you asked... because 3 cars a couple menus, and 29 Scapes will NEVER change the fact I haven't played a single Forza game in my life. What will change it is... playing a Forza game! 😁
I wish there was more to this update, yeah, but I still have much to do in GT7. Said Forza game might be a 360 version as that's the only Xbox I have. I'm not sure about plunking down for an XSX right now, will have to check what exclusives it has first, but that's a discussion for another thread.
If you've never played a Forza game and have a X360, then you should definitely check out Forza 4. Was pretty good for its time.

..And once you've played that one, you've basically played them all, including prior and later entries. Either of these series has their pros and cons. Definitely try a Forza game out at least once though.

Also, just in case a certain audience around here isn't aware: You're allowed you play as many racing games as you want.. even at the same time gasp I know, complete madness. Freely explore the racing game landscape doing whatever, whenever you want.

Last edited:
That EG Civic is such a let down. It just doesn't handle, the brakes, despite being racing items feel like the discs are coated in butter, it doesn't count as a road car, doesn't count as Japanese and the year doesn't count either. So far all I've found is it can do the wtc600 where it's vastly outclassed, wtc700 where its not only vastly outclassed, but existing engine swapped Road cars embarass it, or the Turbo Sports Cars event where again existing 700pp setups humiliate it. I wanted to love again.

DK
Nearly 19 months in and there's still no races for the F1500Ts.
View attachment 1290619

And don't get me started on the X-cars.
How are they not creating an '80s Formula One series for this game? Hell, most of us can already think of 5 tracks that would be historically perfect for it. This game is full of so many wasted opportunities. Each car class type could have been their own progressive career tract on their own.

Looking at new Porsche extra menu right now and... did PD make a new 3D location for this? I don't remember seeing it before.
They keep teasing us with those and then be like "ye u not getting that to take pics of ur cars, enjoy more scapes tho"
Here's a video of it on Youtube

Scapes are a lazy excuse to easily substitute 3D photomode locations like older games had... I honestly hate scapes, the 3D locations were WAY better
maxresdefault (10).jpg

Last edited:
Back