Gran Turismo Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup Returns for 2023 Season

• Thread starter Famine
  • 582 comments
The AE86 seems cool. Should do a Best Motoring Hot Version N2 event.

Hope this brings more light to Super Taikyu. It’s an awesome series to watch.
This year's event will feature a collaborative round with TGR’s partners in the Super Taikyu series, Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and Subaru Corporation (SUBARU).
This is also a real series as well.
Round 4 also features a Virtual GR86/BRZ Cup to be held with round partner SUBARU.

Last edited:
Seems that 27 of August or near that data they will add a new track/cars, probably the 27 August race will be in the new Super Formula SF23 or any other car..., also the final dont have any combo announced so maybe another new car and probably track or new track layout.

I didn't take part in the previous contests so will definitely give this a go.
Pretty terrible with the Gr1s and Le Mans so will likely be dead last there but the rest look fun, really like the Yaris.

Also, free car is always good

Furthermore, all players who enter will receive a Toyota GR010 Hybrid complete with the 2023 livery in commemoration of the fifth year of TGR e-Motorsports activities.

Last edited:
The lineup of rounds already seemed interesting, but the fact that we can get the 2023 GR010 livery if we enter sounds great. I just might have to give this a try.

EDIT: I bet one of those last two rounds will feature the SF23, but I don’t think both round 7 and the final will feature the same car. What if the other TBD car is the TS020, or perhaps the GR Corolla? I’d imagine both would come to GT7 at some point, even if one of them is left out from this year’s GR Cup.

Last edited:
The lineup of rounds already seemed interesting, but the fact that we can get the 2023 GR010 livery if we enter sounds great. I just might have to give this a try.

EDIT: I bet one of those last two rounds will feature the SF23, but I don’t think both round 7 and the final will feature the same car. What if the other TBD car is the TS020, or perhaps the GR Corolla? I’d imagine both would come to GT7 at some point, even if one of them is left out from this year’s GR Cup.
The final is "TBD" because it's a live event consisting of multiple races, not because there's a missing car/track.

The final is "TBD" because it's a live event consisting of multiple races, not because there's a missing car/track.
Ah, I see. Still, it'd be nice to surprise us with a new car/track. But I'm sure there's tons of more content to come before that final in November.

I find it interesting how in the Toyota Cup every usable car is a Toyota (and I am counting the BRZ for obvious reason) except that Mazda Vision just kinda slid in there like no one would notice.

oneofthesethings.png

:lol:

Last edited:
I find it interesting how in the Toyota Cup every usable car is a Toyota (and I am counting the BRZ for obvious reason) except that Mazda Vision just kinda slid in there like no one would notice.

oneofthesethings.png

They have a manufacturing partnership. The Yaris hybrid is also sold as a Mazda 2.

All just a bit of joint advertising/marketing.

1680627577312.png

To be clear, does this mean anyone who only enters THAT round or anyone that enters this series period?

Also, some googling lead me to find out that Toyota Motor Corporation actually owns 5.1% of Mazda Corporation.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Still, it'd be nice to surprise us with a new car/track. But I'm sure there's tons of more content to come before that final in November.
If there’s some kind of coincidence or planned or whatever, Round 5 of Super Taikyu is September 2-3, at Motegi. Introducing a Track on Thursday, August 24, is a possibility.

Edit: @Talon there is speculation the GR GT3 is based on the RX-Vision
Other than my posts above, it’s pobably from this
Also, @RACECAR Good stuff between Mazda and Toyota. Mazda did help Toyota with the 86. Plus, a bit of insight to the BMW collaboration.
It wasn't so much about Toyota buying into Mazda/Mazda buying into Toyota. Just running through some Australian articles. These are a couple years ago

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/features/1508/ten-things-you-didn’t-know-about-the-mazda-mx-5

mazda-mx-5-under-the-microscope

From 2013, talks about the Subaru/Toyota collab(and BMW)

https://ichitaka05.wordpress.com/tag/mazda/

Last edited:
They have a manufacturing partnership. The Yaris hybrid is also sold as a Mazda 2.

All just a bit of joint advertising/marketing.
Ah, well it all makes sense now...

Race A - Mazda one make
Race B - Dominated by Mazda
Race C - Dominated by Toyota
TT - Toyota minivan.

PD, you crazy. :rolleyes: All you can do is :lol:

oneofthesethings.png

Edit: @Talon there is speculation the GR GT3 is based on the RX-Vision

Also, @RACECAR Good stuff between Mazda and Toyota. Mazda did help Toyota with the 86. Plus, a bit of insight to the BMW collaboration.
Came here to mention I also noticed the Mazda. It may only be speculation but it's very strong speculation, and I think the inclusion of the RX Vision is even more evidence that Mazda and Toyota have a running deal and therefore the car is fair game in a Toyota-led competition just how the BRZ is. That's besides the fact that both companies are partnered with GT - Subaru isn't, yet they're included based on the platform relationship. And now that Toyota's business plan with BMW isn't panning out, the introduction of Mazda's inline-six being used in Toyotas makes all too much sense. I don't see why the GR concept can't be the next Supra fitted with a Mazda I6, while the Mazda car could use a hybridized rotary.

Last edited:
Came here to mention I also noticed the Mazda. It may only be speculation but it's very strong speculation, and I think the inclusion of the RX Vision is even more evidence that Mazda and Toyota have a running deal and therefore the car is fair game in a Toyota-led competition just how the BRZ is. That's besides the fact that both companies are partnered with GT - Subaru isn't, yet they're included based on the platform relationship. And now that Toyota's business plan with BMW isn't panning out, the introduction of Mazda's inline-six being used in Toyotas makes all too much sense. I don't see why the GR concept can't be the next Supra fitted with a Mazda I6, while the Mazda car could use a hybridized rotary.
It’s possible, as Toyota/Lexus are running the LC500h in Super GT GT300. It’d be a fitting place for a future Mazda-Toyota collab GT car. Super Taikyu wouldn’t be far fetched either.

It’s possible, as Toyota/Lexus are running the LC500h in Super GT GT300. It’d be a fitting place for a future Mazda-Toyota collab GT car. Super Taikyu wouldn’t be far fetched either.
Speaking of which, now I wonder why they didn't make the RC F GT3 eligible for that Gr.3 race while at it.

Anyone know based off past events what to expect for these cars spec-wise? Gonna enter this but wondering for instance if the AE86 would be stock, maybe on different tires?

Anyone know based off past events what to expect for these cars spec-wise? Gonna enter this but wondering for instance if the AE86 would be stock, maybe on different tires?
From the main picture in this article and on the Toyota Gazoo website, the cars look stock. In the brief video clip, there are two stock appearing AE86s. I only recall stock AE86s, in past GT Sport Sport Mode races.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1191305.html

TGR Cup schedule is fully out.

GT1 races are (usually) 2x longer than the races for the leagues below. That's crazy.
If you want to do a full endurance race (like the Le Mans one) for example, if you're in GT1 you get a 17 lapper, but only 8 laps in GT2/3 - you're basically not allowed to do the full race because you aren't good enough.

I can't help but feel this entire league change is unappealing all around. You're stuck with less slots for being good, but stuck with shorter races if you aren't good enough to be in GT1. It's weird.

Last edited:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1191305.html

TGR Cup schedule is fully out.

GT1 races are (usually) 2x longer than the races for the leagues below. That's crazy.
If you want to do a full endurance race (like the Le Mans one) for example, if you're in GT1 you get a 17 lapper, but only 8 laps in GT2/3 - you're basically not allowed to do the full race because you aren't good enough.

I can't help but feel this entire league change is unappealing all around. You're stuck with less slots for being good, but stuck with shorter races if you aren't good enough to be in GT1. It's weird.
40 April :D

Ye it is weird but their logic is less races > longer races while more races > shorter races

I wonder if they are turning on the weather for that LeMans race. All tyre compounds available.

A pity that the NGP Sprint is in there, will skip that round but the rest look good fun. I don't mind the shorter races, especially in the road cars.

Unfortunately, looks like the limited time slots for GT1 again which is a bummer.

Definitely interesting the GT1 races are much longer... due to the races being ~2x as long, hopefully there is some strategy required due to the tires wearing, well, twice as much.

For me personally, the only one that really piques my interest is Round 6... the Gr3 cars at Grand Valley. I was stoked for Round 5 when I saw Nurburgring Endurance but that only lasted for a second when I realized it didn't include the Nord. That Daily they did there a couple weeks back was more fun than I thought it would be so that is another one I will pencil in.

Anyway, these should be interesting and I am glad PD is putting this on!

Back