Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,001 comments
Wall of text incoming. :D

A couple of years ago in GT Sport I was fighting tooth and nail and intentionally driving a very unpopular manufacturer in a bid to get a manufacturer top 10 and win an S rank. It was very, very clear in my mind that the only way I'd ever have any hope of doing it would be going for the most extreme outlier. The overall top 200 in both cups were so far out of reach and there was absolutely no way I'd ever get top 10 for the UK in Nations. (Still 100% the case on that last one to be honest. :P)

If someone had told me that I'd eventually be fighting for the top 200, I would NOT have believed them. And yet...

1664650855732.png

That has also ended up being #6 for Aston Martin in EMEA GT1. Bit of a step up from just about squeezing #7 for Mitsubishi when almost nobody picked them. :lol:

I was barely in the Manufacturers top 200 until last night, but due to RL commitments I couldn't do the final round in an effort to contest it. I probably wouldn't have improved my scores though in fairness. Interlagos is not one of my stronger tracks. I just wish the event history showed more than the top 100 as I'd like to know how much I fell short by. :rolleyes:

I'm absolutely blown away at how well this season has gone in both Nations and Manufacturers. Speaking of Nations...

1664652013607.png

I swear Polyphony's database is pulling the wrong results because that cannot be right. :lol: The back-to-back wins at the start when I was still in A was a huge highlight but honestly I'm just glad I managed to find my feet after moving up and being put into pure A+ lobbies from that point onwards.

I normally only do each race once unless I feel like I've colossally screwed up or someone really wrecks my day. Today's race needed the rare second attempt and I'm very, very glad I did it.

When I loaded the game up earlier this morning, the first thing I checked was the time trial. Big mistake, shouldn't have done that. I had been quite safe in gold and then suddenly found I'm in silver. I then put about 45 minutes into trying to get back into gold - even bigger mistake. I got so frustrated that by the time I gave up and went off to practice for Trial Mountain, I was in completely the wrong mindset.

To add to it, I then had some technical problems right before the race. I record/stream my races through a capture card rather than via the PS5 for the extra quality, but my streaming setup is a bit unusual. My PS5 and TV are downstairs in my living room. My computer is upstairs in my bedroom, so I bridge the gap with an HDMI extender and some network cable. Most of the time it works fine, but every now and then it needs a bit of a metaphorical kick around. As I was getting ready to start streaming, I noticed that the HDMI extender's receiver was constantly dropping the signal. :ouch:

After some frantic power cycling of the entire setup I got it working again as best I could tell, then had to jump in with just a few minutes to go. That was my third big mistake, as now I'm worked up again, not thinking clearly and didn't get to fall into a rhythm during free practice. I should have left it and gone for the second slot instead...

My free practice best going into slot 1 was a 1:48.353 in the Hyundai Gr.3. When the time came however, I just couldn't get anywhere near it, setting loads of 1:49s and only just clawing into the 1:48s at the last moment with a 1:48.921 to take P13. Speaking of P13, that rolling start... :crazy:

The whole race was just a bit of a mess. I started on the Mediums to do a 8M/8S and my pace was horrendous. I half-binned it on lap 4 after just about reaching the edge of the car in front's slipstream. I went wide through the rollercoaster in sector 1 then slammed into the tunnel wall trying to bring the car back onto the track. I eventually brought it home in P12 purely through others making mistakes.

After a few hours to chill out a bit, I thought I should try again as I really wasn't in the right mindset the first time around. I jumped into the final slot.

My free practice best improved to a 1:48.118 and I was consistently setting 1:48s. In qualifying I put together a 1:48.584 and started P4. Much better start this time!

I had a much better race, although me and the Mazda RX-V in front seemed to have a thing for the walls. He'd clip something, slow down in an awkward place and I'd have "fun" passing him. Then a few laps later I'd do the same thing and return the favour. :boggled::lol:

Our shenanigans eventually let a BRZ start getting all over us and put me under extreme pressure. I lost and regained the position before finally getting a break when the BRZ lost control and binned it.

I eventually brought it home for P4 and 232 points, giving me a 30 point increase to my season total over what I'd have finished with if I hadn't gone again. Definitely worth it!!

Last edited:
Well a so so day to end the season.
Due to the football I could only do the final slot.
Qualified P11.
Just about started on the straight. Essentially I never made a move on anyone but gained positions as people span. I pitted lap 9 for softs and was then defending from a Merc for 2 laps. They did make me ace (in my opinion, so some of you it would still have been pedestrian) sector 1 for a few laps to keep them at bay. Fair play to Fifanuts who kept it very clean and bided their time for when my usual understeer decided a couple of laps without it was more than enough. Crossed the line P9.
Didn't get a new score but some more experience at what is a new combo for me was good.

Season scores
1664656376764.png

Touching that 300 points total. Glad to have got a win in the bag this season and hopefully a good set up for the next one.

I'm assuming I'll be in GT1 for the next season as I'm so close to being rank A driver. Or, I'll be forever in rank B as I've been stuck in it since January last year. Whatever, I'm looking forward to the next season no matter what rank I am.
Good luck on getting to GT1. I doubt I'll get there. I am now a perpetual B driver it seams. I cannot fathom how to get more lap time and whenever I do the top guys move forward the same amount. It's not so bad, I've found some great racing down here.

Well, my faith in the FIA races has been restored.

Qualified the wrx 3rd for manufacturers, 0.2 off my free practice time, with a 1:32.2.

Nice clean start, but had to catch one of those unpredictable exit oversteers and lost the slipstream of the top 2. But from then on, I had an incredible battle for 3rd with two Japanese drivers. The AMG was much better than me through the infield, and there were a couple of close moments, but he finally got me at the end of lap 11. Held on for 4th, with a big smile on my face from such a great battle.

He was kind enough to send me the YouTube link of the race:

Finished on 763 points and 7th in Australia for Subaru, my best FIA season so far. Now to work on the daily races and get back to (and stay in) A+ for next season!

I am now a perpetual B driver it seams. I cannot fathom how to get more lap time and whenever I do the top guys move forward the same amount. It's not so bad, I've found some great racing down here.
We were both pretty high B in GTS near the end and I think one or two more (exhibition) seasons and we might have got into A level. perhaps only just and only for a short while, but anyway.....
But then GT came around, in some ways a different driving experience and it takes some time to get used to it all.
I know you are good so give it time and you might soon get to A level in GT7 too...

But in any case I agree with you, in higher B you already got some great racing! Hope to be there again soon.

Last edited:
Well Nations slot 1 was a disaster. My Fanatec McLaren V2 wheel's funky switch started acting up and was changing my TC and fuel map without any input from me. While I was freaking out about this problem, I crashed on lap 1, turn 1 and blew whatever chance I might have had.

Q10 P13 for 80 non counting points. Won't bother again as I gotta figure out my wheel. :indiff:

Last edited:
Ended up swapping out my McLaren rim for the F1 Esports rim and entered the last slot. Also changed to the Porsche from the Mazda Stealth which I wasn't comfortable with.

Another Q10, but no technical issues and decent pace saw me up to 7th at the end for 122 points which will replace my previous low of 111.

Not too shabby, I suppose, but now I'm stressed about my McLaren wheel. I love that thing!

Final results for the Nations Cup:

1664689616251.jpeg

If someone at Sony or P.D. decide to do an Italian Championship, I will be probably be invited :cool: I will also be probably dead last, but still :lol:

Best round the very first round, when the Radical, with his weird handling, decided to cost me a podium with few turns to go :rolleyes:

Last edited:
for some odd reason my results in Manu and Nations are not showing, but anyway... got a few wins at my favourite tracks and a nice second place after an awesome race with the radicals, but failed to succeed to reach B rank again, mainly due to a quit race and some disconnections.

So I know my goal for the coming season: back to B!!!
Think I will concentrate on Manufacturers more and thinking of going with Genesis or Ford then....

meantime will also have some gaming fun outside of GT7 and play Stray a bit:
1664691694384.png

1664691533964.png

Attachments

• 1664691684414.png
    1664691684414.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 11
Happy with my Nations results.
I love the Nations series, but not a fan of some the rounds due the cars been used so I end up skipping the rounds I don’t like. Should have had 5 results on the board but had 2 server issues in a row at the Fuji round.
Glad I re run yesterdays race as this bumped me up the standing

9BE6BF7F-3467-4EF2-827C-887A40E77917.jpeg

Round 8, Nations.
[Excuse the low quality screen caps from the video!]

Two attempts tonight, with mixed feelings on the overall results.

The first attempt had me on pole, with the strategy of starting on mediums for 8 laps then going to softs.
Any yes, I did use the GTR GT500 '99 😜
1664706126264.png

--Qualifying: I wanted to mention that I was completely stressed out at this point as I hadn't gotten one clean lap in till the final lap after the counter stopped. One shot qualifying and I made it despite the pressure.

--Race 1: Went well, realising that fellow my fellow GT2 league racer GT_Saby was once again running a similar pace and the same strategy as myself. It came to lap 8 only I was so focused on driving that I was daydreaming a bit whilst trying to drive well. I then half tried to remember what lap to pit on and made a late lunge into the pits:
1664706486182.png

And then you could see my fatal mistake:
1664706517143.png

That was it.... game over for what should have been decent points and a win. And despite being just a game for fun I was completely destroyed inside.

3 second penalty served and I see Saby just coming out the pits in front of me, with dirty air meaning that it's difficult to overtake apart from the straights, of course Saby being in a supra meant that i had no chance to take back the lead. Also soft tyres in dirty air only last 8 laps when in front. I eventually had to accept the fact that I had lost and had to save tyres to make it to the end.

What hurt the most is the effort I put into these races and not get rewarded. I wanted to run the race without a mistake so went in again to try and consolidate myself.
1664706877636.png

----2nd attempt:

Straight away I saw GT_Saby didn't return, well he didn't need to really. So I knew that I'd get slightly less points even for a win, "no matter" I said, because when you look back at my previous races I was held back on points from my DR level (I'll show this later)

--Qualifying:
1664707025296.png

Pole again, but wait! look at the time, then look at my pole time for the first race! 😂 Now that's consistency right there fellas!

The gap was closer for the top 5 drivers as well and they were running the Mazda. No matter, I couldn't get to grips with any other car here and didn't have the time to train.

--Race 2: Same strategy for myself again, everyone else doing the easy trap of starting on softs.

I lost the lead on the back straight in lap 1, after all, it's the meta car on softs vs a car no one was using on mediums.
1664707489330.png

I lost another position to a soft runner, but dirty air was against them for this part of the race and saw some early pit stops, back up to 2nd around 7 seconds behind from fighting a bit before pitting as per my strategy. This time making sure not to touch that [REDACTED] line!
1664707653625.png

I come out in 4th position, but I knew 3rd and 2nd had to make a pit stop, and Mr frenchman in 1st was on mediums. This is the fun part of my strategy - the hunt!

As I got to second place, I was just over 5 seconds behind the leader:
1664707969618.png

No problem to catch up
1664708134089.png

The overtake happened nice and cleanly between us both on the back straight, via the hazards being flashed to each other for respectful driving and that we both knew what was to happen.

To keep that respect of sportsmanship going, I didn't do any weaving to break the tow so that he could follow a bit better (till my pace broke it naturally).

1664708396310.png

1664708419579.png

It was done, I got the hat-trick with clean race. At the cost of 4 points lost in comparison to the first race.
I didn't really know what to feel for this one, happy that I done it, but it felt like a hollow victory as I should have had it done first time out.

I wanted to ask how you all would feel here?

I ended up watching Aura's stream and ordered pizza to celebrate the end of the season, inadvertently making everyone in that stream want pizza! 😂

--The results:

1664708895244.png

The winner of the Region for GT2 League was Jami2001 with 734 points, so congratulations to him!

I knew my DR limit held back points and didn't even enter till round 2, My original aim to start of in my first competitions was to merely get the car on the grid, had nothing to lose and to see where I could go, learning new things and wanting to improve myself along the way.

The next season will be GT1 league and I want to give it my best shot or at least enjoy it!

Thank you all if you managed to read this!

The second race:

Edit: Forgot to add that for the TT to this race, I was the fastest in the GTR GT500 '99:
1664710943918.png

1664710967225.png

Last edited:
After being randomly chosen for the first World Tour of 2018, McLaren was never seen again at any live or online event. This year we've finally done it. I can't believe I will be driving the 650S in the Monaco World Finals :embarrassed: :D:D

View attachment 1197117
Congrats Konsta! Very nice to see McLaren in the live events. Hope your team does well and inspires others to concider that brand. I used it in the last season on GTS. The Gr4 was a dream to drive and a tuned Gr3 was very driveable indeed (un-tuned not so much).
We were both pretty high B in GTS near the end and I think one or two more (exhibition) seasons and we might have got into A level. perhaps only just and only for a short while, but anyway.....
But then GT came around, in some ways a different driving experience and it takes some time to get used to it all.
I know you are good so give it time and you might soon get to A level in GT7 too...

But in any case I agree with you, in higher B you already got some great racing! Hope to be there again soon.
As I recall @MCL1974 you scored the biggest points in the last GTS season so I have no doubt that come next official season the three of us will be competing together again in low A lobbies. That's what I'm going to aim for anyhow.

Manufacturers wrap up
I didn't race in round 8 so my score was final after last weeks race, which was a very good one to say the least. After opening really nervously in round 1 with a car I'd never driven, physics I was unsure of, a track that was alien to me and (still) finishing 10th, I slowly found some of the pace back in the following races. But it sure didn't look that way going by my experiences at Laguna (7th) and Kyoto (8th). But that all changed when I outdid myself in Saint Croix C. Just a week before that race I was crying all over GTplanet how difficult that track was and how I was never going to achieve something on there. But that didn't happen, quit the opposite and I took my first top 5 finishing 4th.

The final race was an even bigger surprise for me. I'm sort of okay at Dragon's coast, but I think I benefited from the new damage system than other players in that race. Meaning I already drive conservative and that helped out in the death chicane. So much so that to my surprise I was Q2! Can you believe that... fifth race in this game 8th race overall and I'm starting in second place. I was over the moon....

The race was my type of race anyhow, fuel saving and tyre saving in abundance. There were 2-3 chances at overtaking P1 and I succeeded doing that once, only to lose it again. But I decided not to push too much since I just wanted to finish high and not bin it by poor judgments or silly mistakes being so inexperienced. Near the end of the race though P3 caught up to me, and I could tell he was just the faster driver and must have had some bad luck in qualifying. So didn't defend when he went for it, only halfheartedly did a switchback attempt on the righthander before the death chicane.

That put me in P3 for a podium none the less and I'm still happy about it. I love the new damage system. I think people will start to drive more cautious because of it, although it does get a little too nervous when even the slightest bump over a curb can cause engine damage. But whatever. I'm happy with the way things went.

I am 30th in GT2 for Genesis and I think I'm going to stick with them for the next season. The 745th place overall doesn't mean much to me. I wish they would at least have us scroll through the web pages like before in GTS so I could tell how many people actually take part in the season. Not only for Europe but also for Genesis (and other brands). You can still go through these pages on the game, but that just takes forever.

1664709926747.png

'rammed me off' :lol: I always instant quit post race...

It was bad driving in the sense that I should have noticed 2-wide = you will brake earlier than usual (in your case, ridiculously early), I should have realised and hit brakes early as well but I just hit my normal braking point because I'm a noob. Was it my fault? Yeah, but for a standard minor incident that happens all the time in the mid A splits, in an online game, in an informal race where we're way off the pace already, I didn't feel it warranted some post race formal apology

If you thought that was some intentional game ruining murder ram then I imagine you would have a meltdown if you tried daily B this week in the mid A races....lol
I mean, you've done 240+ races, reached DR A, and got gold in all 7 Time Trials so far. Using the "noob" card doesn't really fly anymore. You clearly know how to drive. So the punt was either intentional, or you should learn to calm down a bit and be more aware of your surroundings (which you should've done long ago past 200 races).

Regardless of whether it's your fault or not, it's good sportsmanship to let the ruined driver's repass if you've taken them out. Sometimes this isn't always possible (like if there's a gaggle of cars right behind you and it's a tight track where you can't safely pullover). In this case a simple "I'm sorry" post race is enough to defuse the situation. It takes like 5 seconds but it means a lot. Everyone makes mistakes, just apologise. Simples. Doesn't matter if it's racing in lobbies, dailies, Nations/Manu or real life. Respect goes both ways.

You might feel you're off pace and it's an informal race, but some people take these events quite seriously and they spent HOURS practicing the whole week. Just to be taken out like that ruins their whole evening. Now I don't really practice for these races for this exact reason so it's no biggie for me in the end. I wasn't even going to post on here until I saw your post (the last place I expect you to be is on GTP lol).

And trust me, I've seen my fair share of dirty driving. Hell I used to punt AI cars all the time back in GT1/2. I started online gaming in Burnout, NFS and GRID before starting in GTS (where I've done 600+ races), so I've seen it all :lol: But in a sim everyone will judge you to a higher standard. If you remember you watched an Etiquette video before starting your first race.

Also worth your time taking an evening off racing and watching these:

Anyway, small chance I meet you again, but I expect better if I do. No hard feelings. Peace out :)

Last edited:
After being randomly chosen for the first World Tour of 2018, McLaren was never seen again at any live or online event. This year we've finally done it. I can't believe I will be driving the 650S in the Monaco World Finals :embarrassed: :D:D

View attachment 1197117
Just out of interest (and because I find the standings on the official site infuriating to shuffle through), is there a quick way to access these standings?

Just out of interest (and because I find the standings on the official site infuriating to shuffle through), is there a quick way to access these standings?
Nope, it’s one of the areas where the UI has gone backwards since GTS 😅

Personal stats for myself, a rather meh year after struggling with MR issues almost year long. (I missed round 1 of both due to sleep)

Nations:
1664778007860.png

Manufacturers:
1664778014974.png

Also, based on my calculation on GT website, provisional list of drivers advancing to World Finals (3 drivers per continent, except in EMEA where it's 6, two per country per continent, and excluding the 12 World Series Showdown drivers):

Asia
T. Miyazono [missed Showdown due to COVID]
CRV (V1_CRV-KRT86)
J. Wong/saika159 [eliminated in Showdown]

North America
D. Heldt [eliminated in Showdown]
R. Heck [eliminated in Showdown; C. Roach (CalenTwentyFour) too young]
Turismo-Lester

Central/South Americas
M. Marza (TENTFS_Papo2514)
A. Mosso Nunes (GRID_ART55MN)
F. Portilla [eliminated in Showdown]

Oceania
A. Lee [withdrew from Showdown due to health, Emree as backup if Lee withdrew again?]
G. Barbara [eliminated in Showdown]
Sidawg

EMEA
BSCOMP+ Aphe (Aphel-ion)
VQS_Coyote7
N. Moysov [eliminated in Showdown]
G. Mangano [eliminated in Showdown]
C. Lopez [eliminated in Showdown]
N. Romero [missed Showdown due to COVID; P. Urra (GG_PolUrra) too young]

Last edited:
Personal stats for myself, a rather meh year after struggling with MR issues almost year long. (I missed round 1 of both due to sleep)
View attachment 1197358
View attachment 1197359

Also, based on my calculation on GT website, provisional list of drivers advancing to World Finals (3 drivers per continent, except in EMEA where it's 6, two per country per continent, and excluding the 12 World Series Showdown drivers):

Asia
T. Miyazono [missed Showdown due to COVID]
CRV (V1_CRV-KRT86)
J. Wong/saika159 [eliminated in Showdown]

North America
D. Heldt [eliminated in Showdown]
C. Roach (CalenTwentyFour)
Turismo-Lester

Central/South Americas
M. Marza (TENTFS_Papo2514)
A. Mosso Nunes (GRID_ART55MN)
F. Rodrigues (Fabricio__RF)

Oceania
A. Lee [withdrew from Showdown due to health, Emree as backup if Lee withdrew again?]
G. Barbara [eliminated in Showdown]
Sidawg

EMEA
P. Urra (GG_PolUrra)
BSCOMP+ Aphe (Aphel-ion)
VQS_Coyote7
N. Moysov [eliminated in Showdown]
ROH-Fuvaros88
R. Derrouiche (miura30_)
For EMEA wouldn't Lopez and Mangano be selected ahead of Fuvaros8/Derrouiche? (may be missing some subtilty here)
1664783137649.png

Wound up doing all 5 slots for Nation's in an attempt to score at least 269 points, which would be 10 more than my lowest counted score

Slot 1: I'd done most of my practice in the Mustang, but the Corvette proved slightly faster in FP, so I went with it. First slot was of course in Top Split, so I qualified and finished 15th after having absolutely no pace.

Slot 2: I used the Mustang for this and all remaining slots (I couldn't get the Mazda to work for me at all), and this time qualified P7. I moved up to P6 after a few laps courtesy of some misfortune for @Mistah_MCA before pitting on Lap 9 to put on Softs. The others that I'd been fighting with had pitted for their Softs the previous lap, so I came out of the pits right in front of them, and going into T1 I got hip-checked by one of them, sending me flying into the inside wall before spinning back across the track. Naturally I had engine damage, and I fell back to 10th place. @Mistah_MCA had a great view of it too: https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxluvmRtdnvRd7pZLCh3krzkkrG1ROxMjg
At the end of the race, I caught up to the Mazda I'd collided with and got a better exit out of the chicane on the final lap just barely beat him to the line for 9th place.

Slot 3: Started 6th and finished 5th, again in the Mustang, again doing 9M/7S. It was worth 262 points, which was short of my goal, so again I went.

Slot 4: Qualified P2 in the Mustang, and again opted to start on the Mediums. I had no answer to the better-handling cars that started behind me (piloted by usually quicker drivers too) and quickly fell to 3rd before the end of the opening lap, then 4th before halfway. After pitting on Lap 9, I was undercut by an AMG that pitted a lap earlier for their Softs, leaving me in 5th. What ensued was a 3-lap battle with the AMG over 4th, where I would slipstream him down the back straight, he'd defend the inside, and I'd be forced to try to pass around the outside of the banked turn at the bottom of the hill. Finally, on Lap 15 and my 3rd attempt, I managed to pull far enough ahead before the turn to force the AMG to absolutely send it in order to prevent my overtake. He did send it, and wound up sliding wide and allowing me to undercut for the position. 4th is where I would finish, for 259 points - the same amount as my current lowest counted score...

Slot 5: This time I put the Mustang on pole, but once again I couldn't hold off the 2 faster drivers that started immediately behind me, even though I qualified 0.2 and 0.5s ahead of them... The driver that started 2nd in a Mazda took the lead on Lap 1 on the back straight, while P3 in a Jag took 2nd place away from me a lap later. I was hoping the Jag was on Softs, but when I saw him stay out ahead of me at the end of Lap 8, I knew that wasn't the case. Once again, I pitted on Lap 9 and once again I was undercut. This time it was by another Mazda, who I also had to fight for 3 laps over 3rd place. This time I was catching him at the final chicane. Finally on Lap 14 I decided to drive up the inside before T1 to test his nerves. He'd either yield the spot to me, or we'd have to go really slow through T1/2. He did yield, and I moved up to P3, where I would finish for 254 points. So 5 attempts resulted in no points gained. I still had some great battles - probably my best of the season. I probably should've stopped after Slot 3 though...

My final points total for season 2 of the 2022 Nations Cup stood at 124. I was at the podium in five of the six races I entered, including two wins. Now that this season is over, I now can resume grinding for credits.

Latest Posts

Back