Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,001 comments
This article is confusing. The Gran Turismo website has it in pacific time and it goes from 8am-7pm pacific. This article has times all the way past midnight. So which one is it?

edit

Never mind. I figured it out.
I always put times in UTC (and label them as such!) because it's just easier for any human anywhere on the planet to Google (or remember) their own time zone and convert it from UTC - as all time zones are UTC+/- - than it is to convert it from another time zone somewhere in their region.

The various GT regional sites use all kinds of time zones (and I'm not very fond of using Pacific for the whole USA; Central might be a better bet), so rather than trying to muck about with them all, I go for a single standard. Or the single standard :lol:

I always put times in UTC (and label them as such!) because it's just easier for any human anywhere on the planet to Google (or remember) their own time zone and convert it from UTC - as all time zones are UTC+/- - than it is to convert it from another time zone somewhere in their region.

The various GT regional sites use all kinds of time zones (and I'm not very fond of using Pacific for the whole USA; Central might be a better bet), so rather than trying to muck about with them all, I go for a single standard. Or the single standard :lol:
Yeah my apologies. I did the math and converted it and saw my mistake. I’d still like to see more timeslots. As I said, I work 12 hour shifts with rotating off days, so on the days I have to work it’s not feasible for me to compete in an event with how it’s currently laid out. If we could get events up to or at 9 or 10 pm eastern or stretch the event over a few days or even a week, then that’s be great for me. The former probably being more likely.

Yeah my apologies. I did the math and converted it and saw my mistake. I’d still like to see more timeslots. As I said, I work 12 hour shifts with rotating off days, so on the days I have to work it’s not feasible for me to compete in an event with how it’s currently laid out. If we could get events up to or at 9 or 10 pm eastern or stretch the event over a few days or even a week, then that’s be great for me. The former probably being more likely.

It’s double the time slots of the previous competitions. Realistically, unless they run 24/7 there’s always going to be someone who misses out.

Also, with the size of the userbase, more slots means a chance of some very small grids in slots.

Last edited:
It’s double the time slots of the previous competitions. Realistically, unless they run 24/7 there’s always going to be someone who misses out.

Also, with the size of the userbase, more slots means a chance of some very small grids in slots.
I’d argue that on the American servers, there might be plenty in the central and eastern US that would prefer an 8pm and/or 9pm eastern time, despite the small user base. But that’s just a guess.

Attachments

• A4294282-10AC-473A-AB61-13C1D16E945D.jpeg
    A4294282-10AC-473A-AB61-13C1D16E945D.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
It looks like the first Nation's round will be the only one of these I do. I might do the 3rd Nation's round just for laughs, but I have absolutely 0 interest in the tracks they picked for Manufacturer's.

Also, last I checked, the website said SH tires were required for Nation's Rd.1, but the game says SS tires are required. Both are available, so I'm assuming we either have to use both, or have to use SH tires in the race, and with the mandatory pit stop it just means everyone will probably do 7 laps on the SS tires and 1 on SH, regardless of what the actual requirement is. Unless it's actually only supposed to be SS required, in which case switching to SH will result in needless time lost in the pits, plus time lost on the track to those on the quicker tires. I guess you folks in Oceania or Asia will have to be the guinea pigs, unless PD clarifies this at some point!

Last edited:
I just have time for Nations Cup Race 1 and Race 3.
Suzuka is a nice one, love the car after some laps and was able to go for 2:15,904 and there are still some tenthts.
So I will try some lobbies whether I will drive on 31th December. Isn‘t it 31st?

Last edited:
You have got to be joking PD??? What is this?? Was looking forward to getting back into this game and having a proper 8-10 race exhibition season. Had been testing which cars to pick the last couple of days.

3 races…Deep Forest reverse, Road America and Autopolis…:yuck:

Such a shame. Disappointing is an understatement. I won’t be coming back for these. Good luck to those that enter!
Season 1 suggests there is a season 2 coming.

Season 1 suggests there is a season 2 coming.
No one's saying another season won't happen but a three-round season after such a long wait is pretty unacceptable. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for the following season that again, will hopefully be much longer. But nobody knows for sure because PD as usual keeps everyone in the dark about what their plans are.

No one's saying another season won't happen but a three-round season after such a long wait is pretty unacceptable. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for the following season that again, will hopefully be much longer. But nobody knows for sure because PD as usual keeps everyone in the dark about what their plans are.
I wish they would do the same as a few years ago in GTS, when they had a season that consisted of 40 races....

I notice the latest round of races are taking place throughout the day (starting 9am for Nations and 11am Manu Euro timezone). I really hope this is a new trend and I won't have to count on my night off falling favourably for me to be able to take part in the occasional race!

It's an exhibition season folks! We has those in GTS also. When the FIAGTC started, the races were every day (so were were the daily races, but that's another subject). I assume they are using these short seasons to test some backend issues so that maybe we can have better, proper, and longer seasons.

Plus this gives you a chance to try out different cars without being stuck with them for a much longer season.

I notice the latest round of races are taking place throughout the day (starting 9am for Nations and 11am Manu Euro timezone). I really hope this is a new trend and I won't have to count on my night off falling favourably for me to be able to take part in the occasional race!
I mentioned this earlier, but I’d be ok with this if they added 2 or 3 more timeslots at the end of the day. I work 12 hour shifts with rotating off days. If I’m working the day of an event, all the currently available slots happen brother while I’m getting ready for work or during my work day.

[originally contains a mispost meant for the general discussion thread]

Currently thinking if I should drive for Honda again or go with Subaru...

Last edited:
It's an exhibition season folks! We has those in GTS also. When the FIAGTC started, the races were every day (so were were the daily races, but that's another subject). I assume they are using these short seasons to test some backend issues so that maybe we can have better, proper, and longer seasons.

Plus this gives you a chance to try out different cars without being stuck with them for a much longer season.
Perhaps. In that case they should have simply called this a Test season, which they did before with GT7’s early seasons during the first few months of the game, and that would easily tell players what they’re trying to do. But again, communication is not PD’s strong suit.

Perhaps. In that case they should have simply called this a Test season, which they did before with GT7’s early seasons during the first few months of the game, and that would easily tell players what they’re trying to do. But again, communication is not PD’s strong suit.
I liken it to PD keeping drivers on their toes and not being too predictable....not necessarily a bad thing .....if they announced this with a 10 race season im sure people would still complain that it's too long... PD cant please everyone

Agreed.

I signed for Subaru and as a previous poster already noted you can no longer select the WRX Gr. 3. Only the BRZ. Does anyone know if I will be able to enter with a WRX come race night?

Speaking of race night, I'm glad it moved to Wednesdays so I can compete again. I see the double morning/evening time slots as positive, but why didn't they do this on Saturday instead of a weekday? Weekend evenings are impossible for me, but Saturday morning/noon slots would work for me. Seems this doubling of entry slots would have been most useful on the weekend. On Wednesdays it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I signed for Subaru and as a previous poster already noted you can no longer select the WRX Gr. 3. Only the BRZ. Does anyone know if I will be able to enter with a WRX come race night?

Speaking of race night, I'm glad it moved to Wednesdays so I can compete again. I see the double morning/evening time slots as positive, but why didn't they do this on Saturday instead of a weekday? Weekend evenings are impossible for me, but Saturday morning/noon slots would work for me. Seems this doubling of entry slots would have been most useful on the weekend. On Wednesdays it doesn't make sense.
If you have the WRX in your own garage, you can use it. Same for any other eligible car - you can use your own garage cars, don’t have to stick to the loaners.

Tomorrow's Manu race is going to be interesting! The Nissan is faster on heavily worn softs than it is fresh hards. So the priority is going to be getting the most possible mileage out of the softs, then praying I don't get murdered while on the hards!!

Tomorrow's Manu race is going to be interesting! The Nissan is faster on heavily worn softs than it is fresh hards. So the priority is going to be getting the most possible mileage out of the softs, then praying I don't get murdered while on the hards!!
As I’ll likely be starting at the back (I struggle enough in normal qualification, let alone the 5 minute variety), I’m leaning towards starting on the hards.

Initial laps will always be slower anyway in the traffic and fighting so I can get the worse tyres out the way, pit around lap 6/7 and use the better softs as the fuel burns off.

Suzuki not as slow as I feared, it's pretty good through the infield and slippery if I can get anywhere near a slipstream. I fear it'll get mugged off the line though. Happy racing everyone - I doubt any of you are bad enough to meet me but wave as you pass if you do.

SHARE_20221227_0456330.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I entered what I think was the 5th slot for Asia after picking Hyundai just because. Slot was a mess. Top 7 or 8 drivers in the lobby are very high A, almost A+. Then we have drivers that are mid B/S. Not a good setup for a close field.

But without practice does it really matter? I qualify p7 with an ok enough lap for me. Start on Hards and am debating a 2 stop for a goof. Them I get rear ended into the hairpin and then pushed into the wall for good measure. At this point I say to heck with it and pit at the end of the lap for softs. By the end of lap 2 I'm already passing 1 driver. I keep working my way up until lap 10 when I pit as p8 or so. Have some close racing and get pushed into the wall at the hairpin at some point again, but fight my way back to p7 anyway.

Silly 127 or so points. Pointless race with some very silly drivers, including the one who wanted to race during qualifying. Good luck all and hope you get some good racing in. Beware the hairpin and go get it.

3rd last slot in Asia. Signed for Porsche. In a lobby lower than I should be after a DR reset in the Le Mans dailies a couple of weeks ago.

Qualifying was a nightmare. Pro tip: If you hit a wall, try and get off the racing line ASAP and DEFINITELY DON’T TRY AND DEFEND YOUR POSITION. :mad:

Q8 so started on hards. I’m payed it conservatively into the hairpin on lap 1 and lost a position but came out unscathed. Then got divebombed into the right hander at the bridge. Lost a spot, no damage. Then a Ford GT used me as a barrier to get around the final turn. Lap 2 and p11. Became p10 at the hairpin when the GT used an NSX the same way again.

Uneventful for the next 5 laps as I just kept a safe distance behind the cars in front and behind.

Pitted lap 7 and came out in p12. The soft rubber on the RSR is a dream and I immediately started to reel cars in. Most of the pit stops happened between laps 8-10 and by lap 11 I was p6. Lap 12 I got by a Supra after the hairpin and lap 13 I overtook a GTR that tapped the bridge wall.

On lap 14 the BRZ in p1 pitted and my superior rubber let me beat him out of the hairpin. That’s how it stayed to the end. P3 and 196 points.

It’s a fun combo, but the mid/high A lobbies are hyper-aggressive and not very good at racecraft.

Hopped onto one of the morning Euro slots for GT2 (DR low B). Normally I wait until everyone else has gone out in qualification but no good for these 5 min sessions. Had to battle through the traffic to make some space, ended up P9.

Started on the hards as planned. First few laps were absolute carnage in the midfield (think I accidentally bumped someone off into the barrier in the melee). Made a small error at the end of the back straight, ended up nose to a barrier. Had to engage reverse and lost a bunch of positions.

Pretty uneventful after that. Pitted lap 7 for the softs, had good pace (even had a purple sector 1, very surprising in the Suzuki). Too spaced out to make much ground, went from about p13 to p9 at the end. Someone had a tyre penalty which bumped me to 8th. That and the 51 points was my pre-race target so fairly satisfied. Not sure I could’ve done much more.

3080CCAD-EB25-4C86-94F0-FB3DD632FE13.jpeg

005A1FDA-00BC-40DE-A11F-90EFF2328EC0.jpeg

Hi all! Did first EMEA slot, as usually I messed up Quali and started P8... So we started, I was super careful with eyes around my head in T1... And this didnt help😂 some guy in the back wanted to play bowling not racing and just divebombed like 4 cars? So now I was P12 with damged front and front right wheel, just great begening! From this moment I just tried to save as much tyres as I can, suprisingly I started to gaining positions, even set FL around 5th lap😏 My tyres was in very good shape when first people started to pit, I dont know if its my skill or Lancer is so good on tyres but I managed to do 13/5 strategy... All in all I finished P4 for 198pts which made me very happy! One and done😁
Good luck everybody, and be parient, it is important in this combo

Back