Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,013 comments
I like the idea of allowing brake balance again, it really helps even some of the cars out.

I'm also hoping the adjustable downforce ob the Gr2 race means we can being older cars into play. Don't know how messy Spa will be. The races will be longer than the hour slots PD seems to be hooked on.

Upon further inspection, it does seem like that race at Fuji featuring all the Nissan "Z" models only lets us rent the cars, which is interesting in is own right. It's over half a century's worth of different models, so I'm highly curious as to how PD plans to balance them - or at least try to.

Maybe we could see something similar, with other events modeled on the motifs seen in the various menus. I, for one, could go for a similar race featuring the Ford Mustang - which would include the older Shelby GT350 as well as the newer one - or perhaps the Corvette. Even an event based on the Viper, of which there are only three road-going models in GT7, could be real neat. Or perhaps even a broader event for any American sports car within a certain power and weight limit. BoP could be naturally disabled, but setting would only permit power, weight, and possibly one or two other settings, like downforce or gear ratio.

Honestly, it feels like the more I look at these regulations - at least for the Nations Cup - the more interested I am in participating.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Online Exhibition Series 2022/23 Season 3 Schedule Announced

Another short Exhibition Series for the Gran Turismo 7 Online Championship has been revealed, as players await the start of the official 2023 season...
From the article
The first thing that will leap off the screen at you is the two unconfirmed rounds of the championships. In previous events we’ve seen this when new content is being delivered in a game update and it just so happens that a game update is due on February 21. At present we only know that this will bring PSVR2 compatibility, but this new data makes it seem likely there’ll be content too; we’ll update the calendar when more information is available.
Huh, very intriguing. So we might be getting more content after all.

Last edited:
I think I might actually come back for this season after my Civic Touring Car nightmare at Suzuka. :)

I'm surprised they're jumping in so soon though with the new patch adding PSVR2 support. Maybe I'm being a bit selfish since I've preordered one, but it would have been nice to get some time to adjust to using it before a new season begins. I'm guessing the 22 January TBA round is supposed to be 22 February which would mean there's a race on the PSVR2's launch day? :odd:

Other than that, it all sounds good to me. Glad they've finally added brake balance adjustments back to Manufacturers and the 24 laps of Spa is a big surprise. I like longer races but I never thought they'd go that long! More of that please PD!

Fishermans Ranch in VR is going to be an "interesting" experience (get the sick bags ready, maybe?!), as will VR bombing through the chicane of death at Dragon Trail. :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe a new model for a brand still participating, because there are some more actual GT3 and GT4 models on track in real life. So just wait some more days, than we know.
But honestly, after the Nissan 2018 there is some hope for some newer model, but never they give more than one Gr. 3 car in one update.

Question: does anybody know if there's new manufacturers for manu-series coming up? I'm missing brands like Alpine in it
You can only select brands that have Gr3 & Gr4 cars. As Alpine doesn’t have a G43 car you won’t be able to select it. Bugatti is another that only has a Gr4 car.

So that is on Tuesday and the first WS race is on Wednesday... :crazy:
Oh that is poor timing. So basically you get 1 day to practice. It’s going to be a new layout at Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Who needs practice ? Just jump in and go, especially for NGP.
Unless there's a Grand miracle for the possible new track - I haven't been round there in about a decade :crazy:

Who needs practice ? Just jump in and go, especially for NGP.
Unless there's a Grand miracle for the possible new track - I haven't been round there in about a decade :crazy:
Despite the miracle, thinking more & more that the 2 TBD events were a mistake on the notice. They'd have given us the details by now, and it said 3 round season like normal rather than 4. Guess we start next week.

Despite the miracle, thinking more & more that the 2 TBD events were a mistake on the notice. They'd have given us the details by now, and it said 3 round season like normal rather than 4. Guess we start next week.
I guess we'll see. Apparently, miracles do happen! I do find it hard to believe that PD releases GVH1 tomorrow then have a Nations race at it a day later. It'll be a mess!

I signed with Ford. They dropped off two cars, but I already have everything they offer in game that doesn't cost 20 million.
My question is will I be able to use my choice of the Group 3 and 4 cars or am I limited to the loaners or the cars I own identical to them?

I signed with Ford. They dropped off two cars, but I already have everything they offer in game that doesn't cost 20 million.
My question is will I be able to use my choice of the Group 3 and 4 cars or am I limited to the loaners or the cars I own identical to them?
You can use any gr3/4. I used mustangs in the last season.

Wow, really throwing us to the wolves. 1 day practice for a track no one has raced with these current physics (and I personally haven’t driven for 20 years).

Carnage incoming. Absolute smashfests.

Personally I prefer having less practice time (mainly because I don't do much anyway), would be interesting if they revealed a combo after joining the lobby, giving 30 minute practice following into quali and race, though I guess that doesn't take into account them giving a bad combo on the day

EDIT: My bad, I posted this in the wrong thread.

Got to play Seaside Street Valley route 1 today. It honestly reminds me of the Daytona USA course with the massive bridge in it. This thing is Grand Valley in layout only, the visuals are totally different. I like it but wish it had been faithful to the original. Oh well, if I want the original, I'll fire up the PS1.
The server hasn't come back online yet, so I'll dig back in tomorrow.

Last edited:
As I’m only doing the gr3 events, thinking of using one of the American manufacturers for this season. Probably Ford but will try out the other two later.

Updated
Nations Cup 2022-23 Exhibition Season 3 (1).png
Manufacturers Cup 2022-23 Exhibition Season 3 (1).png

So…. Who we picking? I’ve heard the GR4 cars have had an update and the 4wd cars have all had a downgrade. Nissan and Porsche the other 2 notable bop changes in GR3 both had a downgrade.

So…. Who we picking? I’ve heard the GR4 cars have had an update and the 4wd cars have all had a downgrade. Nissan and Porsche the other 2 notable bop changes in GR3 both had a downgrade.
NERF TIME

done its over GIF

Amaze Its Beautiful GIF

My beloved Citroen getting a boost as well! And the McLaren! It's party time.

Last edited:
Back