Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,014 comments
This changes things. I don't like the track selections for the Gr4 races but I still may do them now.

Thinking the Gr3 in the GT Race Spec II and the Gr4 in the Mustang may be the way to go for Ford (I don't like doing all the races in the same model).

Here's my best lap so far for the Nations Cup race at Grand Valley South.

This is a fun track to hotlap but I think it will be chaotic for racing and a slipstream battle at the end will just show what can block the best.

So…. Who we picking? I’ve heard the GR4 cars have had an update and the 4wd cars have all had a downgrade. Nissan and Porsche the other 2 notable bop changes in GR3 both had a downgrade.
I cannot see a Porsche downgrade this time. Can you tell me where you have seen it (because I have just signed with them)?

I cannot see a Porsche downgrade this time. Can you tell me where you have seen it (because I have just signed with them)?
I was only going off what a few people have said on a few streams. They seem to think it felt slower, but I’ve not tried it myself. Also looking at the BOP sheet it looks like it hasn’t had a change.

———————

Im tempted to go Lexus this time around…… I really want to use it but the Gr3 car puts me off a little and I also want to be competitive too. McLaren could be another option. My first manufacture when the game was launched.

I went with Jag before I saw the BoP changes. I’m not unhappy with how this has fallen.

Unfortunately I miss tomorrow’s round and the Gr3 Jag seems like a contender.

Have booked tomorrow afternoon off work. Usually just do one-and-done but I feel this round is going to take several attempts.
Need to do some custom races to get the hang of the braking points. Hopefully tyre wear shouldn't be too much of an issue.
First time as well with the brake balance adjustment - that will help with some cars.

I was all set to chose a Manu but this throws a wrench into the spokes. Already decided for Lexus on the 2 account and was close to picking AMG or Aston on the 3 account. Dare I say the Hyundai (not the X) will be decent at GV? It's actually pretty good (for a non-META) at Spa.

Going to have to do some test runs on GV.

Last edited:
I was all set to chose a Manu but this throws a wrench into the spokes. Already decided for Lexus on the 2 account and was close to picking AMG or Aston on the 3 account. Dare I say the Hyundai (not the X) will be decent at GV? It's actually pretty good (for a non-META) at Spa.

Going to have to do some test runs on GV.
DO IT! Hyundai is decent round Spa. In the corners it makes up good pace. If you get Eau Rouge and Raiddion correct you can just about hang on to the position down the Kemmel straight.
Tried the Hyundai at Grand Valley again seem good. Just not sure on the Gr4 car.

Well, in my regard, I was gonna try Aston Martin, no matter how much the BoP changed :lol:
Aston is good pick. Solid car for both groups. I’ve used Aston in the last 2 exhibition seasons. I’m thinking of going with them again, this time. Gran Valley the Aston is good.

DO IT! Hyundai is decent round Spa. In the corners it makes up good pace. If you get Eau Rouge and Raiddion correct you can just about hang on to the position down the Kemmel straight.
Tried the Hyundai at Grand Valley again seem good. Just not sure on the Gr4 car.

Aston is good pick. Solid car for both groups. I’ve used Aston in the last 2 exhibition seasons. I’m thinking of going with them again, this time. Gran Valley the Aston is good.
You know, I just might! I did some BoP'd laps at Spa in the '16 Lexus, '17 Lexus, Aston V12, Aston V8, Merc, and Hyundai. My fastest time was in the Hyundai. And yea, the Gr4 car is probably horrible (dont know that I've ever even driven it) but I can skip the Gr4s on that account anyway.

Could somebody post the picture or video of best times for the manufacturers..to see the BOP situation after the update..😄thanks in advance…

I'm sticking with Ford, really like how both the Gr3 and Gr4 handle and they have decent top speed. Will likely only do one race though and focus my practice on the 24 laps race at Spa. GV comes to early for me, and hate DT and LMW.....

1676990920541.png

Ok, I'll sign with Ford :D
Ford will be a solid choice. The Gr4 Mustang always seems competitive, and they have 3.5 (GT LM Test Car ony counts as half) Gr3 cars to chose from, all of which are good. The 18 GT just got a buff, too!

I just picked them for the last Manu, maybe I will pick them again for the 1 account.

Ford will be a solid choice. The Gr4 Mustang always seems competitive, and they have 3.5 (GT LM Test Car ony counts as half) Gr3 cars to chose from, all of which are good. The 18 GT just got a buff, too!

I just picked them for the last Manu, maybe I will pick them again for the 1 account.
I managed to get pole (my 1st! & I'm a mid C/S driver) in the Fuji race with the Mustang. I really enjoyed using the gr3/gr4 Mustang in the last season and plan on doing it again. Never tried the GT though

Ok, I'll sign with Ford :D
I managed to get pole (my 1st! & I'm a mid C/S driver) in the Fuji race with the Mustang. I really enjoyed using the gr3/gr4 Mustang in the last season and plan on doing it again. Never tried the GT though
I'm sticking with Ford, really like how both the Gr3 and Gr4 handle and they have decent top speed. Will likely only do one race though and focus my practice on the 24 laps race at Spa. GV comes to early for me, and hate DT and LMW.....

so we are all going for Ford then.....

oprah-winfrey.gif

I went with Jag before I saw the BoP changes. I’m not unhappy with how this has fallen.

Unfortunately I miss tomorrow’s round and the Gr3 Jag seems like a contender.
Wonder how many picked a 4wd brand before they got a nurf? GTR looks like it’s still a top car, but a few non 4wd could keep pace from what Ive seen.

You know, I just might! I did some BoP'd laps at Spa in the '16 Lexus, '17 Lexus, Aston V12, Aston V8, Merc, and Hyundai. My fastest time was in the Hyundai. And yea, the Gr4 car is probably horrible (dont know that I've ever even driven it) but I can skip the Gr4s on that account anyway.
So finally done some laps, and I’m either Aston or Hyundai... Grand Valley my best lap so far is a 1.48.1 in the Hyundai. Aston 1.48.2ish. Need to do a quick wet weather test to see how Hyundai acts in the wet at spa.
Gr4 Hyundai quite nippy on dragon seaside. Half a second quicker then the Aston.

All aboard! Looks like I’m going to join the Ford train!!

View attachment 1233356

One of us, one of us.

Going with the GT Race Spec II. Faster and easier to drive for me than the 18, and this feels more of a MR track so parking the Mustang.

Pace seems to be ok, almost everyone around me on the leaderboards is a DR B whilst I’m a lowly GT3 DR C at the moment.

Let’s Go Hyundai! Signed up to Hyundai on my MAIN account 🤣
Managed to lap Grand Valley in a 1.46.504 on the TT.
Gr4 🤞🏻 hope they are decent in those races. Lago West it feels quite sluggish, but Seaside it felt good.
Gr3 at Spa going to be tough down the Kemmel straight. Top speed not great, but I’m hoping the wet weather will keep me in contention. Also I need nail every corner to stay out of slip.

Going to be FUN 🤡

57E46F8C-7106-44A4-AC39-B1077FC68C61.jpeg8B5F7A51-19D6-4F84-89FA-1CC71FA04BAE.jpeg

Back