Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Pretty surprised with the updated championship payout, glad to see it's percentage based so more players can get a reward. That being said, even the GT3 pot is pretty good.

189068234964-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm assuming you're in GT1? I'm in GT2 and the rewards are halved from these numbers, so I'm guessing it's league-dependant.
There's also different brackets - it's Top 5/25/75% in GT1 and it looks like 10/30/80% in GT2/3.

Bad qualy again, I ended up starting in 10th but the race was pretty good and I ended up in 6th. 248 points...not great, but not too bad with an average McLaren here. The points ended up being useless for the season, but I could only race one slot, so that's it! Now, Interlagos.... home track, but honestly? I don't like it 😅

The Peter Parker in me took my new all time favorite race photo, though.

1890494282734-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

That's a decent amount. More than i'm currently due to recieve in GT1
I hope this doesn't result in an increased popularity of alt accounts competing in the lower leagues. The top player in my region has accounts in GT1 and GT2. Didn't really bother me when there wasn't a reward and, as far as I can tell, they're the only one I've caught on to. But if a legitimate GT3 player gets pushed out of a top qualifying prize so they can have their ego trip, doesn't seem right.

I hope this doesn't result in an increased popularity of alt accounts competing in the lower leagues. The top player in my region has accounts in GT1 and GT2. Didn't really bother me when there wasn't a reward and, as far as I can tell, they're the only one I've caught on to. But if a legitimate GT3 player gets pushed out of a top qualifying prize so they can have their ego trip, doesn't seem right.
GT1 pays 2x more than GT2/3 so if anything it would do the opposite I imagine.

Who's gonna punch in tickets to Amsterdam and Monaco with one round left? As it stands, top 11 (Mazda 10th) plus Genesis.
  • Porsche can miss out for the first time.
  • Ferrari at brink of being bumped out of the bubble if their season collapse keeps going.

1688035733500.png

EDIT: Cutline battle math (similar to NASCAR playoffs):
Code:
01     McLaren        230    +74
02     Subaru         226    +70
03     Toyota         216.5  Partner
04     Nissan         213    +57
05     Lamborghini    199    +43
06     BMW            195.5  +39.5
----BATTLE FOR SURIVAL ZONE----
07     AMG            193    +37
08     Honda          179    +23
09     Ferrari        175    +19
10     Mazda          172.5  Partner
11     Renault        172    +16
12     Genesis        149    Partner
----OUTSIDE LOOKING IN----
13     Porsche        156    -16
14     Lexus          149.5  -22.5
15     Alfa Romeo     125    -47
16     Jaguar         103.5  -68.5

Last edited:

What did I do wrong here, my first race and the quickest lapper gets caught, slides down the side of me then brake checks me through the right left and I'm penalised a minute

What did I do wrong here, my first race and the quickest lapper gets caught, slides down the side of me then brake checks me through the right left and I'm penalised a minute

1688038428016.png

You started on softs, and pit for softs. You needed to use the hards as well.

I also don't think they brake checked you. They stopped for the corner and you didn't.

Last edited:

if you are penalised with a minute then you did not follow up on the tyre regulations. Both RS and RH were mandatory....

edit: seems @Nebuc72 is not only faster on track but also in responding....

Last edited:
GT1 pays 2x more than GT2/3 so if anything it would do the opposite I imagine.
Is there some post about each pay scale?

I'm curious about how bronze in the higher league compares to the gold of the lower. If gold from the lower leagues is better than bronze from the league above, there's going to be incentive to handicap yourself if you're in the lower end of a league.

Of course, there's always going to be jerks just racing in the lower leagues to spoil their race. I don't know how that could be prevented. If it could be, it'd be done already.

Last edited:
For those who don't know, Watkins Glen is my "home" track with it being a 2.5 hour drive away. So, having a GTWS race here is awesome and I still can't believe that this track is in the game. Plus, Sahlen's is a local to Buffalo company, and it also blows my mind that it's advertising all over the track.

Anyway, I did a few practice races and managed to save my soft tires for 10 laps and that was my strategy. 5H/10S was easily obtainable so I went with it. I joined the 7:00pm GT2 Americas slot and was the #5 door/plate. I qualified P6 with the fastest lap I had leading up to the race. I might have done better, but going 3 wide entering the "Heel" corner wasn't going to work so I bailed on the lap. I start on the hard tires as I like to do in mandatory pit stop races and we get underway. But, on lap 1 either I hit someone or they hit me in the "Toe" corner and I fall to P15. I have no motivation to continue but I keep going and hope for the best. Which turns out to only be P10 as I was having a hard time focusing on the rest of the race because of what happened. Still a fun track to have a race at I hope it makes a future appearance in the GTWS.

Here are some clips of the contact we had and I can't tell what really happened. I can provide more if needed. I do make contact but I also thought I left enough room to go side be side entering the corner. Some angles make it look like I squeezed them off the track. But, at the same time some angles make it look like I got ran into and that contact forced them off track. What does everyone think about this incident? I'll admit fault if it was my mistake. I didn't apologize after wards as I thought they dumped me to get by.

You pitted yourself on them. I assume you were not aware of them. They didn't do anything wrong. Clumsy from you.
I'm assuming you're in GT1? I'm in GT2 and the rewards are halved from these numbers, so I'm guessing it's league-dependant.
I was going to ask. Still this is a great addition.
They can't move the credits over so would offer them nothing to do so.

View attachment 1269102

You started on softs, and pit for softs. You needed to use the hards as well.

I also don't think they brake checked you. They stopped for the corner and you didn't.
Ah yeah I thought I started on hards, I'd have to rewatch but are the walls not colour coded?

Controversial, he lapped the quickest and I couldn't get within a minute, a lap or two before he forces me wide with contact when it's my corner, I'm there first, my front end is forward on the racing line and how can anyone with pace go so slow through that section?

Controversial, he lapped the quickest and I couldn't get within a minute, a lap or two before he forces me wide with contact when it's my corner, I'm there first, my front end is forward on the racing line and how can anyone with pace go so slow through that section?
IT would be useful if you could point out the timestamp it happens, sorry I'm not going to flick through a 30 minute video to see one incident.

practice, schmactice. I start with doing a number of laps chasing a ghost and usually i get a good top time but my avarage times do not correspond with that top time. After setting a fast time using a ghost I then try to get close to it or improve it without the use of a ghost. Usually i fail, only at Spa recently I managed to get faster times without the use of the ghost. And usually in the actual race I am slower off course compared to practice.
I am GT2 level and likely midd GT2 at best. Good thing is that next season I am GT2 and can compete with you guys there. Looking forward to that!
Sometimes I find that happens with me. Can go a little quicker with a ghost as I’m watching the ghost rather than my braking markers i use on the side of the track. Same thing happens in a race too. Following a car closely I’m ok but as soon I’m been followed I miss my braking points all the time.

I just quick selected it accidentally, I had done a few of race C earlier this week for practice on the alternate strat of starting RH mostly because I wasn't qualifying in the top positions, but yeah guess just an unfortunate slip of the mind. I realized right when my car was leaving the box.
Annoying that you can’t go back and change that. Apparently in today new update, they is now a helper guide telling you which tyres to fit. Not seen it myself yet but hopefully that might help a few.

View attachment 1269040

Holy cow the rewards are good. This is a much needed incentive.
Finally gives every something to aim for. Unless you’re fighting for a GTWS spot, everyone else is just fighting for nothing. Good addition this even if it’s just credits.

True but they did Nerf Silvia :D

Wow that’s going to annoy all the Silvia drivers but was totally needed. Not sure why they couldn’t have just delayed the update for next week, or do todays update then do a separate BOP update next week.

I thought I started on hards, I'd have to rewatch but are the walls not colour coded?
You started on softs:

1688040231512.png

And no. All tyres in GTWS have Michelin branding on the sidewalls, but no colour-coding.

Interlagos race you can use Softs. This is new as the original setils still list just Hards and Mediums.

View attachment 1269041

Oh and running the full 30 laps on just Hards left me like this…

View attachment 1269042

It’s quicker to stop for faster tires even with the 27 second pit loss.
Just found out you can use Softs so have edited my original post. I hadn't purchased them from the shop so weren't available. :dunce:

Interlagos race you can use Softs. This is new as the original setils still list just Hards and Mediums.

View attachment 1269041

View attachment 1269042

I figured this would be the case. I didn't want to do 30 laps non-stop at Interlagos anyway...
I wonder if some of the lighter MR cars can possibly do a no-stop though.

View attachment 1269041

View attachment 1269042

Which car are you using? How long did the RMs last?

Might be PD's way of encouraging the A+ & A drivers to actually race in their proper league.
You know what else would? MORE TIME SLOTS PD YOU CHOWDERHEADS!!!!

Was thinking about Mitsi for the next one, remembering I had a bunch of fun with it in a Bathurst daily a while back.

I guess current BoP has knacked it though. Thanks for the heads up.
I picked Mitsu a couple of Manus ago (the one that had Deep Forest Reverse Gr3) and it was a decent Manu back then. Of course that can change in a heartbeat with BoP updates. Unfortunate because at the time it was a good set of cars.

They can't move the credits over so would offer them nothing to do so.
Why would that dissuade someone? Alt accounts need credits, too.

Last edited:
Which car are you using? How long did the RMs last?
AMG '20. Mediums were roughly 16-17 laps. Not tried the Softs yet.
I figured this would be the case. I didn't want to do 30 laps non-stop at Interlagos anyway...
I wonder if some of the lighter MR cars can possibly do a no-stop though.
Its a bit tedious doing 30 straight laps on this track. Its 47 minutes long! Possible some cars could get the no stop done more easily as i'm bad with tire management. For me though the lap times towards the end of the Hards stint were 2 seconds a lap slower than when they were fresh. My practice finishing time was about 10 seconds slower no stopping.

Back