Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I have never heard of a person signing to be a driver with a manufacturer and providing their own tyres. From what I have seen, there was a 50% DNF rate in most races with this being the main reason. It's poor design
You know this is a game right and not real life?
I was wondering if someone could answer a question. I was just perusing my results on the Gran Turismo site, and I noticed a bunch of A rate drivers in GT2 category. UM.....shouldn't they be in GT1? Is this some weird ego ploy to get the easy win against people that are lower rated than they are? Seems like a very weird flex, really.
They signed when they were DR B and have since got to DR A. You don't move up to GT1 if you have signed up for GT2. Same in reverse. You aren't relegated to GT3 if you move down to DR C.

You know this is a game right and not real life?

They signed when they were DR B and have since got to DR A. You don't move up to GT1 if you have signed up for GT2. Same in reverse. You aren't relegated to GT3 if you move down to DR C.
I guess my real question is, is this intentional? Like, tanking your SR so you can drop a DR rank then rack up the wins.

I went McLaren for this season, and definitely liking the car. I had to replace the rim on my Fanatec wheel a few months back during the main season and picked up the McLaren one since it looked good. It seemed fitting to use the car it comes from. I've had a lot of misfortune with MR cars in the past but I like this one. It really doesn't have the loose rear end like the Ferrari - I actually have confidence driving the thing!

Today I rolled up to Suzuka feeling incredibly anxious since it's one of my weaker tracks. I've also not raced since the last season so I was scared of being rusty. It turns out this was going to be a rollercoaster ride and I'm very glad I did it. I'm now not sure whether this or the dynamic weather Nurburgring Endurance round from last season is my favourite of all time.

I started P9 with a 2:01.987 and prayed to survive turn 1 since I've binned myself there at the start too many times in the past. Thankfully no such misery today! Unfortunately I really, really couldn't find my rhythm in the melee. I did move up to P8 after going around the outside of a BMW at the hairpin as he seemed to be struggling hard off the line, but being ultra cautious due to heavy damage and just failing to find my pace meant I started falling down the order, eventually moving down to P13 before the rain came.

After discovering that this race was a copy of the Amsterdam final, I had been checking over the stream. I'm very glad I did! I pit at the end of lap 12 knowing that Spoon would be difficult on lap 11, very difficult on lap 12 and lethal with slicks on lap 13 and that completely turned everything around.

I entered the pits for Inters in P10 after getting past some people going ice skating at Spoon (although I did nearly join them on lap 12!) and was up in P6 after going past the pits on the following lap.

Surviving the wet stint went well. I did have some moments, but nothing critical - just a little bit of lost time at most. Now for the bit about this race that really, really amuses me. We had Coque Lopez in our race. I thought it might be a really fast fake, but I checked his Twitch stream and it was actually him.

He was doing a last-to-first challenge and had absolutely blitzed his way through to the front long before the rain arrived. Except... it turns out somebody forgot to buy wet tyres. :lol: He ended up DNFing.

I've technically beaten Rick Kevelham before after he got matched into a low A+ lobby for some reason and decided to just quit rather than taking part in the race. Now I've technically beaten a sitting Nations champion. Let's just ignore the fact it took him not having wet tyres. :lol:

After 76 minutes of sweat and nerves, I ended up P3 for 236 points. That's DEFINITELY a one-and-done! :cool:

Nice job 💪. I agree, read your reply with the heavy damage. People were more sensible than usual in my GT1 races (36 laps of racing in total, my DR was maybe 42-44K?).
I guess my real question is, is this intentional? Like, tanking your SR so you can drop a DR rank then rack up the wins.
To some extent yes, to some extent no. Impossible to police or do anything about it, without causing unfortunate repercussions.

2nd slot was... a bit of a disaster, spun exiting the pits twice, and the second time the crew didn't even fix the damage. 3rd slot went great though, worked my way up to 2nd (at the expense of someone who forgot to buy inters and was stuck on wets...) and, although 1st was much faster, he made enough mistakes for me to end up only 3s back at the end. After 76 minutes of racing! Worth it though :)

Nice job 💪. I agree, read your reply with the heavy damage. People were more sensible than usual in my GT1 races (36 laps of racing in total, my DR was maybe 42-44K?).

To some extent yes, to some extent no. Impossible to police or do anything about it, without causing unfortunate repercussions.

If they’re running roughshod over the rest of the field…. maybe
Thanks guys...It just confirms my belief that humans basically suck. Guess I'll just have to be careful in my races.

I've only done the race only one time and I have to say that it has been a race full of drama:
Qualyfying position 10th (I could have been in the TOP 5 if I didn't took a track limit in last chicane).
Race: finished P2!, after incidents, rain, incorrect strategies, mistakes and clean battles I ended up in P2
Now I'm P4 in the world for my constructor, and P1 in both National and Regional for Alfa Romeo.

For this race I have to say that the Alfa was pretty quick, both on slick and rain.

Seems like we were in the same race :cheers:.
View attachment 1287689
Nice result. I watched the replay back last night and noticed it was a dirty driver that punted me on lap 1 and went on to punt loads of car until he was 5th! So much for heavy damage, he was only hurting his bumpers and not wheels.

A bit of Karma arrived when they pitted way too late but still ended up 8th something like 30 secs behind me.

Shame to see one bad apple but everyone else raced clean.

Ok, so this was my first proper race in about four months (missed most of last season due to starting a new job that took a lot of my spare time). I was having many issues in practice after not using the VR headset with headaches and feeling a bit woosy, so what did I do? Went out on Friday until 4am on the razz and did the race hungover!

Suzuka has never been my best track, in fact it's up there with Interlagos where I could probably drop 20k DR and still struggle with being competitive. I have no idea why though (I think it's a combination of sweeping turns). So I went in with the impression of finishing would be good enough and see how it goes.

Qualy was well, a ********. We were forming a bit of a queue at the Casio triangle to make space, and when I actually managed to start my flying lap, I had a Porsche right up my arse until the hairpin leading to Spoon where he decided enough was enough and rammed me off. Qualy ruined and I start 14th.

First lap of the race wasn't so bad actually, I was expecting masses of death, but it was quite orderly, although again, the 4c doesn't seem to be the fastest in a straight line, so was easily overtaken by people getting better exits from spoon and the hairpin and getting the run on me. By the end of lap 2 I was dead last, just as I expected. This was quite nice for me because I could just now run my race and get it over with. Over the course of the next few laps I got back up to 12th due to people dying of death, and was catching the others ahead from what I assume was fighting. At the end of lap 4 it happened... I went slightly wide at 130R and the car exited stage left in to the wall. Front wing damage. I figured "oh well, let's see how bad actually is" and didn't pit. I was actually going faster afterwards... Wha?!
By the end of lap 9 I was 9th from more death, but I had recovered from that spin and was now on the back of the train that finished at 4th place. Damage undone. At the end of the lap, one person pitted for inters WAYYYYY to early.
From watching streams and being at Amsterdam, I knew that lap 13 was certain death, so I tried to stay out until lap 12 where I made up more places from people pitting, and from more death. There were three of us at spoon that were a engaging in a bit of pirouetting, but the gains made from staying out outweighed the loss from that one mistake.
In the wet part of the race, I seemed to be much faster than my fellow racers, leading me up to 6th. I decided to pit lap 24 for hards... And forgot to put TC on high. I Came out of the pits, exited stage left. 3 second penalty for crossing the pitline, and a broken rear wing. Just like the front wing, this actually seemed to make no difference to the handling or stability so I just carried on. There were a few people still on the inters deep in to the race, and I managed to catch and pass those with ease, finishing P4.

So, Polyphony. Take note. This was one of the best races I have ever done on GT and I think it was a combination of factors:

1. The longer format racing was great. Getting a single penalty will not ruin the race as there is plenty of time to play catch up.
2. Weather. Weather is great.
3. The very minor, but very noticeable changes we could make to the handling make the cars much more enjoyable to drive.
4. At the end, the day/night transition was just a great touch because I actually felt like I had been driving for hours.

Last edited:
A good start to my retirement season down in the League of Plebs (where I belong). Placing in the top 10 Hondas is a good target & motivation.

View attachment 1287662
Looking at the numbers here, and comparing to the actual GTWS/TGR Cup which had two extra races, I suspect the general formula for max credits in any season is:

750k + (750k x number of races in season)

and then x2 if you're in GT1.

For this season I switched away from my beloved McLaren for a while. GT1 has no Gr4, so that is possibly the only chance I'll get to drive the RX-Vision without having to deal with the AWD Gr4 Atenza, which I can't stand.

Even out of the Macas, I am super glad to have GTWS again as that's by far the best part of the game IMO. Also glad to see familiar names in my lobby, including @OutlawQuadrnt and @Geauxgreddy m

Slot 1: messed up three times, the largest one was clicking on the wrong tyres 😆. Ended up P8, I think, with 247 points or so. Not terrible, but that tyre selection error left a terrible taste in my mouth, so I went again.

Slot 2: much much better. Decent qualy, started Q6, right behind @Geauxgreddy (kinda scary because I knew that if I made a mistake and hurt his race, I'd be famous the next day 🫣).
The race went well this time, I somehow kept it on the black stuff for 35 nerve wracking laps and crossed the line P4 for 299 points. Greddy went deep into the final chicane when it rained and someone else I don't remember must have binned going out of the pits, I think.
I almost had the podium, but lost it on the last lap after battling a clearly much faster McLaren. He went for a desperate move going into Degner I and I just let him by because it would be insane to risk these points.

Finally, I'd like to thank @RacingGrandpa for making and sharing this AMAZING livery 🙌

1000004773.jpg

For this season I switched away from my beloved McLaren for a while. GT1 has no Gr4, so that is possibly the only chance I'll get to drive the RX-Vision without having to deal with the AWD Gr4 Atenza, which I can't stand.
Judging by the update prediction thread, it sounds like there's some good news coming your way on this front!

Did two of these on the 2nd account. First one did not go too well. It was right before the race that I realized I didn't have wet weather tires for the Viper. And it was at about lap 11 that I realized how much of a problem that was going to be. :lol: I mean, no one to blame but myself. Ended up retiring as I couldn't even get back to the pits to even just hang out for the last couple of laps.

Didn't plan on doing another as I don't like this combo and, at least for me, the Viper is just not good here. The Porsche and McLaren are OP. But at the last second I jumped into another (90 second before quali).

Qualified P3, and was able to take P2 by lap three or so. Was behind a Porsche for the next seven laps where the delta was somewhere between .500-1.250". Then the rain came and he pitted for IMs. I decided to stay out one more lap as the only place the track was wet. I pit the next lap and the overcut was successful as I came out in P1 with the Porsche directly behind.

Unfortunately for me I wet just a bit wide through Degan on lap 14, the Porsche and I went side-by-side through the next and I lose the place through the hairpin. From there it was all I could do to keep the Viper pointed in the correct direction, even with TC on 3. I just couldn't get the power down like the Porsche and he drove off... finished P2 by like 1.5s.

229fc6be282c7db448274ce7173567a6_photo.webp

The dynamic weather definitely made the race more interesting. I just wish it was a little more... dynamic. Seemed every race the rain came in at the same time. I did notice the clouds aren't moving at 1,000,000 mph anymore and moving much more slowly and realistically.

Ran Asia slot 2. After several seasons with Porsche, I decided to switch it up and avoid being in the most popular marque. Opted for Peugeot as the better half has recently acquired a 2008 and it’s surprisingly fun to drive.

Have been overseas for work all week and so went in with no practice in the dry, let alone wet. That was a huuuge mistake. Qualified 8th and was p5 by the end of lap 1 after several cars went off at T1.

By lap 3 I was starting to think I might be in for a good night as p4 was clearly holding me up and p2 was not putting a gap between us.

Then at T1 on lap 4 p4 ran wide and I inexplicably followed and spun. Back to 2nd last. I then proceeded to spin 7 more times in the race, sustain damage and finish DFL, 2 laps down.

The heavy damage thing is weird. First time in the pits I had both aero and wheel damage but the crew only fixed the wheels (0.002 seconds) not the aero. C’mon guys, any danger you could throw a couple of spare parts on while we’re at it?

For some yes. They might not be able to race at all in the GT2 slots, they might not have the time.or.the stamina for the longer races.

If they’re running roughshod over the rest of the field…. maybe
Unfortunately even the unintended GT2 and 3 will be the winners in those.leagues.
There's no way around it.
Last season they had the Alphard Monza race just before sign up and @GOTMAXPOWER won the GT3 league. He could probably have won the GT2 if he had been in that one and done.well in the GT1 if he was in that. Unintentionally, but due to design unavoidable.
PD seems to not understand the way their DR system works....

yeah, most likely. But I blame PDs decision to split the leagues into short and long formats with restricted number of slots in gt1. Some people don't want or can't to do 35 laps at suzuka, et. al. I was in gt2 last time and within two weeks, I was racing A+ drivers.

Last season they had the Alphard Monza race just before sign up and @GOTMAXPOWER won the GT3 league. He could probably have won the GT2 if he had been in that one and done.well in the GT1 if he was in that. Unintentionally, but due to design unavoidable.
PD seems to not understand the way their DR system works....
The problem is using the same DR system for the GTWS races as the daily races. I lost a load of points this week racing Gr4 at Fuji because it's a bad combo for me

I would like to see a new tier added above GT1 for the eSports players, maybe 75k DR for that just to create some seperation.

I think what they should do is:

GT4: DR D and DR C (50% race distance)
GT3: DR B (60% race distance)
GT2: DR A (75% race distance)
GT1: DR A+ and S (100% race distance)

You could have one for TOP32 drivers as esports division then too 🤔. 100% race distance (at least 1 hr race = 100% race distance).

Last edited:
Ran Asia slot 2. After several seasons with Porsche, I decided to switch it up and avoid being in the most popular marque. Opted for Peugeot as the better half has recently acquired a 2008 and it’s surprisingly fun to drive.

Have been overseas for work all week and so went in with no practice in the dry, let alone wet. That was a huuuge mistake. Qualified 8th and was p5 by the end of lap 1 after several cars went off at T1.

By lap 3 I was starting to think I might be in for a good night as p4 was clearly holding me up and p2 was not putting a gap between us.

Then at T1 on lap 4 p4 ran wide and I inexplicably followed and spun. Back to 2nd last. I then proceeded to spin 7 more times in the race, sustain damage and finish DFL, 2 laps down.

The heavy damage thing is weird. First time in the pits I had both aero and wheel damage but the crew only fixed the wheels (0.002 seconds) not the aero. C’mon guys, any danger you could throw a couple of spare parts on while we’re at it?

I had the same experience with trying to pit to fix damage where it only fixed the suspension and not the aero.
The aero did fix with no additional time when I grabbed inters.

When I watched the replay of my race, I saw that quite a few others were battling injuries and just kept going until the inters change. If I was driving pancake mode, I wouldn’t have pitted extra because I would have realized that they weren’t opening up the time gap. VR does have pluses and minuses.

My extra pit sealed my fate but that’s a good learning experience in this first race with the heavy damage.

I thought that I read on the official site that there were gonna be more openings for this first round of the Manufacturers Cup than there actually were, since I'm DR B and thus in GT2. So I wasn't able to enter this first round, and next Saturday, I won't be able to attend the first round of the Nations Cup, either, but that's because I'll be volunteering that morning at a local marathon and then likely checking out a local King Tut exhibition with a lady-friend of mine.

Still, I'll see what I can do to attend as many rounds as I can!

EDIT: And after all, it's only the Exhibition Series. I'll do my best but it's not like a more formal season of the GTWS/FIAGTCs.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%, as do many here. This whole thing needs a shakeup.

GT3 - DR C and below
GT2 - DR A & B
GT1 - A+ to 75%A+
GTX - 76%A+ to S

DR A and a chunk of A+ drivers aren't qualifying for GTWS; there just aren't enough points available in even an all mid-A+ lobby races to do so. So put them in GT1 with all of the time slots available. The high A+ players and S players are the ones really contending, so they can keep the three timeslots as they will make the time to catch at least one of them. The rest of us are casuals and do some races in-between life events.

So yea, three slots in the evening/night hours on a Saturday? Come on PD.
I would like to see a new tier added above GT1 for the eSports players, maybe 75k DR for that just to create some seperation.

What a novel concept. :cheers:

Last edited:
If you separate race distances like that, all you’re going to do get more people with Alts running right through people in the dailies. GT1 guys by and large want to run full race distances. I could see them making an esports specific slot, but not esports specific lengths.

You’re going to get dudes who sandbag the system no matter what. Happens IRL. It’ll happen here too.

As far a GTWS is concerned, I think you should be able to move up through a season, but not move down. There’s no reason I should be able to move to A+ in a season, but someone can’t make the same move from C to B or B to A

Just tried doing a race sim on Dragon Trail. Don't know if this is the strategy I'm going to stick with but I'm thinking 2 x 13-14 lap stints on RM (taking on just enough gas as needed) and 1 last one on RH.

The alternative is to do a 1 stop and try to run the RS for about 10 laps and RH for the remaining 24 but that would require some fuel savings and I'd probably kill the tires running them that long at least for me using the Supra, so probably more like 14 laps on RM and 20 on RH.

I played the first round of manufacturers, at the start of the race the rolling start glitched and everyone was auto-driving except for a Lamborghini, the game gave us control of the car mid lap, under the tunnel, I'll post the video later, its hilarious.

I played the first round of manufacturers, at the start of the race the rolling start glitched and everyone was auto-driving except for a Lamborghini, the game gave us control of the car mid lap, under the tunnel, I'll post the video later, its hilarious.

It would be hilarious-er if the guy in the Lambo who took off for 1/2 a lap ended up binning it in the wet and fell back even with the rest of the field :)

It would be hilarious-er if the guy in the Lambo who took off for 1/2 a lap ended up binning it in the wet and fell back even with the rest of the field :)
That’s exactly what happened LOL, he was 1 lap ahead of everyone but for some reason at the end of the race he didn’t pit for wet tires and ended up at the back of the pack sliding at spoon

not sure about rules so let me know if a youtube link is not allowed but here’s the glitched rolling start, sorry for bad quality

Last edited:
That’s exactly what happened LOL, he was 1 lap ahead of everyone but for some reason at the end of the race he didn’t pit for wet tires and ended up at the back of the pack sliding at spoon

not sure about rules so let me know if a youtube link is not allowed but here’s the glitched rolling start, sorry for bad quality
That's one hell of a glitched start, I love it. 😂

That Lambo driver must have been raging at throwing away a completely free win!

No need to worry about YouTube links either, it's fine. The forums actually support directly embedding YouTube videos in posts.

Last edited:
Back