Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments
That’s exactly what happened LOL, he was 1 lap ahead of everyone but for some reason at the end of the race he didn’t pit for wet tires and ended up at the back of the pack sliding at spoon

not sure about rules so let me know if a youtube link is not allowed but here’s the glitched rolling start, sorry for bad quality
Wow....why blow such an easy opportunity for an easy (albeit cheaply obtained) win?

I'm sort of guilt of such treachery.....one time last year in some random Nations cup race the lobby froze and everyone got sick of it and left. I waited for like 10 minutes and the race finally loaded. Easy win as I was the only car on the grid for the race start 😂

Hey, guys.
I don't know if it was a bug or something, in the 1st round of the 23/24 Manufacturers' Cup. I ended up damaging my car. I hit the car in front at the hairpin, which damaged the front bumper, and when entering the spoon curve I took a hit to the back of the car, which damaged the left rear wheel and the bumper. When making the first pit stop to fix the car, Only the wheel and suspension got fixed, the aero parts ketp blinking and the car was six secons slower per lap, it was only fixed when the rain came and I switched to intermediate tires, which was the second stop. If this is how it is meant to be, it really is a stupid decision.

PD, as always, does not explicitly publish how things will work.

Last edited:
Assuming you got all bronze awards at the end of the season that's around 800k - you can get the same in half an hour of driving Tokyo or Sardegna instead of wasting electricity and/or adding wear and tear to your console for 5x1.5 hours.

Or if you don't want to do it yourself, you can use the grinding script. There's much much easier ways to get credits without doing anything than cheesing off an online race and potentially taking a grid slot of someone who wants to actually RACE.
One event and my provisional reward is 3.6 million credits by pulling into the pits. That's a much better hourly rate than any grinding method :P

Hey, guys.
I don't know if it was a bug or something, in the 1st round of the 23/24 Manufacturers' Cup. I ended up damaging my car. I hit the car in front at the hairpin, which damaged the front bumper, and when entering the spoon curve I took a hit to the back of the car, which damaged the left rear wheel and the bumper. When making the first pit stop to fix the car, Only the wheel and suspension got fixed, the aero parts ketp blinking and the car was six secons slower per lap, it was only fixed when the rain came and I switched to intermediate tires, which was the second stop. If this is how it is meant to be, it really is a stupid decision.

PD, as always, does not explicitly publish how things will work.
You may have accidentally pressed to leave the pits between the two parts being fixed, otherwise you should sit there until it is all fixed.

Anyone in GT2 started any testing on Fuel/Tires for Dragon Trail yet? I'll be trying a few strategies out over the next couple week since I'm not doing nations.

My first guess at 15 laps at 6x Fuel/1x Tire, you can't fuel save enough to run a no-stopper but the tires will last, so run softs as long as possible and pit with fuel (or some variation of this, depending on exactly how the wear/fuel works out in the AMG). Wondering what others are thinking :)

Anyone in GT2 started any testing on Fuel/Tires for Dragon Trail yet? I'll be trying a few strategies out over the next couple week since I'm not doing nations.

My first guess at 15 laps at 6x Fuel/1x Tire, you can't fuel save enough to run a no-stopper but the tires will last, so run softs as long as possible and pit with fuel (or some variation of this, depending on exactly how the wear/fuel works out in the AMG). Wondering what others are thinking :)
9 soft / 6 hard or 10S/5H in my NSX. No issue at all with the wear on the softs, you’re just limited by the fuel.

It’s not worth trying to no-stop on the hards.

This may be a redundant question. I looked and couldn't find anything. Back in the GT Sport days I thought someone posted how the points are awarded. Can someone please post how the points per race are awarded? Thanks

You may have accidentally pressed to leave the pits between the two parts being fixed, otherwise you should sit there until it is all fixed.
No, I did not rush to press X and skip the car fix sellection. It just did not show the time needed to repair the bumpers... Only Suspension

This may be a redundant question. I looked and couldn't find anything. Back in the GT Sport days I thought someone posted how the points are awarded. Can someone please post how the points per race are awarded? Thanks
I don't remember the exact maths, but it's basically proportional to the average DR score of the lobby.

In essence each race is worth about one point per 20 DR points (so if the average DR is the maximum of 100,000, it's worth 5,000 points), with the winner getting 10% of the total and every subsequent position getting about 0.5% less (so in the above example, 500pt for the win, 475pt for second, 450pt for third, 425pt for fourth - and so on).

Of course the lower the DR, the lower the points. If it's a mid-A lobby with 40,000 as the average DR, it's worth about 200pt to win it. For a B/C borderline lobby with an average DR of 10,000, the win would be worth 50pt. At a C/D borderline averaging 5,000pt, it's about 25pt for the win.

It's a bit fuzzier than that - I don't recall really precisely what the calculation is - but it's about that.

There is a bug with bumper repair, I had it too and there's another person or two in this thread with the same experience. I also had a time in the pits where no time was shown for the "aerodynamics" but they were repaired.

One event and my provisional reward is 3.6 million credits by pulling into the pits. That's a much better hourly rate than any grinding method :P
Provisional is the key word here. Quote me again at the end of the season to see where you rank and let's churn the numbers again then.

It's not about "oh they'll live". Punt people, they'll live. Tank your DR and deny a win for the honest guy in 2nd place and they'll live. But it's still not sporting thing to do. What if PD sees this and reduces rewards for everyone to prevent abusing the system? I'm sure we can all thank you then.

If you don't like the format then don't enter. No need to do a quasi protest in the pits and justify by saying it's for credits.

Is there any way to see how the cars in this week's Nations Cup race at Deep Forest are tuned? I'd like to try some custom races for practice, but I'm finding that the stock tune on the Ford GT has very different handing characteristics from the one available for practice laps in the event. I tried the obvious thing of looking at the 'Detailed Settings' in the 'Car Settings' screen from the practice laps entry page, but it is disabled.

I'm struggling to get motivated for this Nations season.

Round 1 - A road car sprint race (at my level), not really my thing.
Round 2 - I have grown to quite like Maggiore since spending loads of time clearing the Mission there but the Red Bull is just too fast & twitchy for me.
Round 3 - Gr1 Le Mans. Meh. The Gazoo race was ok but I haven't really enjoyed other similar events.
Round 4 - SSRX. Snore.
Round 5 - Could be a new track. Could just be a one-make in the new Mazda Gr4.

I was just practicing for the Manu cup gr4 at Seaside and noticed that some of the top global times are set with gr3 cars, specifically the Porsche 911 RSR (991) ‘17.
How do they get away with that? I see the HP is down to 494 and weight is 2932lbs but there has to be more to it???

I was just practicing for the Manu cup gr4 at Seaside and noticed that some of the top global times are set with gr3 cars, specifically the Porsche 911 RSR (991) ‘17.
How do they get away with that? I see the HP is down to 494 and weight is 2932lbs but there has to be more to it???
GT1 league entrants are racing it (and round 4) as a Gr.3 race instead of a Gr.4 race. I guess PD just didn't think to split the leaderboards for the two different race formats.

It confused me when I looked at the leaderboards - how was I lapping 13 secs off the lead?!

The leaders are in GT1 where it's a Gr 3 race. GT2 & GT3 are doing a Gr 4 race. They really should have separated the rankings.

There is a bug with bumper repair, I had it too and there's another person or two in this thread with the same experience. I also had a time in the pits where no time was shown for the "aerodynamics" but they were repaired.
this happened to me too. Mine was a gentle tap from behind, the rear bumper was blinking (a bit, is there a lighter shade for light damage??). I could tell it wasn't bothering my drive and when in the pits for IMs, there was no time listed for repair. I let it go and the blinking bumper stopped.

Round 2 - I have grown to quite like Maggiore since spending loads of time clearing the Mission there but the Red Bull is just too fast & twitchy for me.
Round 3 - Gr1 Le Mans. Meh. The Gazoo race was ok but I haven't really enjoyed other similar events.
Round 4 - SSRX. Snore.

Yeah, I’m out on nations too I think. Nothing really worth losing DR over. Maybe I’ll create a new alt, but we shall see

Round 4 - SSRX. Snore.
Agreed. Round 3 might be fun but it's been done many times before (including Daily Races). If weather is a thing, that would add some excitement.

Round 5 is the wildcard, but I agree... probably the Mazda Gr4 one make which isn't particular exciting sounding.

9 soft / 6 hard or 10S/5H in my NSX. No issue at all with the wear on the softs, you’re just limited by the fuel.

It’s not worth trying to no-stop on the hards.
I ran a few tests the last couple days, 9S/6H is what I get from the AMG, no fuel saving. The first try I coasted into the pits on lap 9, running out of gas just before the pit entry. Did you have to fuel save to get 10 laps or is the NSX just that much better on fuel than the Merc?

Hopefully that'll be good enough. The car feels great on this track (I enjoy this layout quite a lot anyway) and my free practice times are looking good.

How Suzuka went from sunny and nice, to cloudy and raining (especially the part where it was only raining on one part of the track which was super cool!), to drying up, to dusk with really cool looking orange and red sunset was amazing. The capability is there, and has been... definitely needs to be more of that type of cycles within races, especially Dailies.

Did you have to fuel save to get 10 laps or is the NSX just that much better on fuel than the Merc?
The NSX is a bit better, but also I naturally shortshift a bit (which doesn't suit the car at all) and I'm rather slow - that may account for the difference. That round will be quite hard for me now I'm partway through DR B but still in GT3. Will probably start on the hards (as I'll be near the back) and just try to stay out of trouble/ out of the barriers.

Going to skip the first round of the Nations Cup. Don't like any of the remaining car options and the race is just too short.

I'm out of the nations too, started to look for the next manufacturer's at Dragon...I'll be in the 458 that is not what I'd choose for a single race in this track but better than the 458gr3@Suzuka past week in the wet.
Agree with @Fezzik, tonight I noticed the x6 fuel cause I spent some days sure that it was a x6 tires...so it will all be about when to do the pit stop and the critical choice of starting soft or hard.
Starting hard will be mentally difficult, 90% of chance you'll be left at the end of the pack and you've got to gamble everything on the second stint, otherwise you've got to start with the fire in your right foot...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back