Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
FFS Polyphony... get your damned Penalty System sorted out. It is quite ridiculous. The way it's working and penalising people through no fault of their own, is just stupid.

I just quit in 2 laps from a round of the Nations Cup due to the stupidity of the crap system. Lap1 - 2 seconds... for being smashed from behind into a car in front in turn one. Lap2 - 4 seconds... car cuts into my straight path whilst ghosted and suddenly un-ghosts... net result is he gets hit by me into the kitty litter.

6 bl**dy seconds in 2 laps. What a joke!

Waited for ages to see if it would go in round 1. I had other things to do so it wasn't a wasteoftime. It never got going. trying again for the 11am slot and here we go again.
Literally as I wrote this the qualy session burst into life. I did well and put her 4th on the grid. I made an immediate place off the line due to 3rd launching without TC. The madman! :boggled: They made it work without spinning though.
However all was to be undone in the next few turns. I was hit from behind by a car who decided to only brake once they were at the corner. I was pushed wide and now with dirty tyres and assists back off the car promptly said no and I span around.
370ac0a48a96d095579dd0e35707bc5b_photo.webp
I spent the rest of my medium stint playing catch up and made it up to 4th despite another spin before I came in for my 1 lap of hards. I safely navigated the lap and bolted on the soft tyres. Now we're talking. I overtake those on slower tyres.
c2b9e7b0fc249038b1a6fdb5fcd50b2f_photo.webp

I'm up to 6th which is probably a net 4th when I mess up my braking through BBB. This meant the car isn't quite stable enough on exit and around she goes again. I take a few seconds to get her out of the grass and am now back in P11 of the 12 left. Thankfully there are still some who need to pit and I grab their positions. On the final lap I am on the back of a Czech who has just come out for their hard lap. I can't quite get the switcheroo through BBB so I close and line up the first of the double rights. Nope the car doesn't stop and I understeer wide. I close again but could not catch them through the last corner. P9 across the line. However 2 cars ahead didn't read the rules and I gain 2 for a P7 finish. With the mess of the lobbies I will have to call it there. I enjoyed the combo and had the pace for a podium here but lap 1 cost me alongside a bit of eagerness here and there.
Good luck to those still awaiting their chance.

FFS Polyphony... get your damned Penalty System sorted out. It is quite ridiculous. The way it's working and penalising people through no fault of their own, is just stupid.

I just quit in 2 laps from a round of the Nations Cup due to the stupidity of the crap system. Lap1 - 2 seconds... for being smashed from behind into a car in front in turn one. Lap2 - 4 seconds... car cuts into my straight path whilst ghosted and suddenly un-ghosts... net result is he gets hit by me into the kitty litter.

6 bl**dy seconds in 2 laps. What a joke!
Oh, and just to add insult to injury... I have gone from a respectable BS rate down to a BB (bl**dy bull****) in one morning of Nations mayhem, stupidity and dirty antics . As I said.., what a joke!

Last edited:
Quali not starting in GT3... this is a joke PD! 😡

Edit.

Had to exit, didn't loose any DR from the looks of it, but the next race is not before 16:00, not sure it's worth the wait...

Last edited:
For those that have run the race, how would you rate the slipstream strength? The race settings say 'Custom', so I'm guessing that means extra-strong or extra-weak. But which one?

Also, any last-minute tips for getting a good start out of the grid? In all of the custom races that I've done, the AI cars get a much faster start than me. I've been running with TCS 2 (maybe this is my problem?). I've tried jumping right to 2nd. I've tried gradually applying the throttle. I've tried pedal to the floor from the start. I just can't match their acceleration. Any ideas?

Oh, and just to add insult to injury... I have gone from a respectable BS rate down to a BB (bl*dy bull***) in one morning of Nations mayhem, stupidity and dirty antics . As I said.., what a joke!
So, tried a third time, qualified badly, but even before the first corner I was smashed into oblivion (and the wall) so ended up dead last - great! :ouch:

At least now I had a clear track in front to just get on and go. Ended up 5th by the end so will have to settle for that as I'm not prepared to go play with those SR B rated muppets any more. DR group B does tend to be a bit of **** show but at least SR rated S drivers are a bit better.

For those that have run the race, how would you rate the slipstream strength? The race settings say 'Custom', so I'm guessing that means extra-strong or extra-weak. But which one?

Also, any last-minute tips for getting a good start out of the grid? In all of the custom races that I've done, the AI cars get a much faster start than me. I've been running with TCS 2 (maybe this is my problem?). I've tried jumping right to 2nd. I've tried gradually applying the throttle. I've tried pedal to the floor from the start. I just can't match their acceleration. Any ideas?
Slipstream didn’t seem OP. Maybe a bit weaker than usual?

I used TC2 and second gear at the start, floored it and got away really well.

Well this is fun, I'm stuck in the first GT1 EU lobby staring at an empty track. GG PD. 🙃

I wouldn't mind if I got in a lobby by myself!....This one has me nervous. I've practiced the thing in custom races and drive it okay there, but my experience in the dailies when we race the SF usually goes like....First few races are clusterf** until later in the week when people have figured it out and settled into driving those cars. A one and done just has too much chance of disaster waiting. And heavy damage. So, a solo lobby would be fine with me (still might not manage a crb!)

Actually, I have things going on this afternoon and with the limited gt1 slots, it's 50-50 whether I feel settled enough to try this evening. I missed the first nations round for travel and it actually wouldn;t bother me if I didn't do any of these. The manu series, however, has been fun.

Good luck everyone!

So, a solo lobby would be fine with me (still might not manage a crb!)
You’d think it would be easy. In my solo round earlier I actually started the race to see what would happen (it still did the whole intro, grid flythrough, etc). First lap I managed to go wide three times and pick up a penalty. I can’t be trusted even on an empty track.

Same thing happening to me right now. Stuck before the qualifier...

Edit :

Finally after 5min it started.
If only it was that short for me, it's 39 mins and counting here.

EDIT: I gave up, and for my troubles I'm now stuck waiting for a Race B lobby to load. RIP my DR.

Last edited:
8:04.5 in the McLaren at N24 after running it for a few laps.

I think I just need to do some tire testing using Yard_Sale's info as a starter. McLaren and/or Viper look to be my cars for this event.
I just read this but i have to say that 8:04 is absolutely mental. Good job. I can't even get a 8:15 on softs.

Last edited:
That's a definite one-and-done for me. I was lucky and managed to dodge the lobby loading problems, but I can't say I particularly enjoyed the race even though it went quite well. Playing in VR really presented some issues today.

I have absolutely no idea how or why but there was an alien in my lobby who had over 400 points from round 1. I think I got matched at least one split higher than usual because the race was worth 289 points for the winner compared to the 250-ish I normally see. I'm kind of curious what the points would have been without him.

Qualifying was a mess for me. I'd backed off to the car in front to get some space, then come charging around the second-to-last bend after he'd picked up some speed. Only as I'm cresting the hill, I notice two people ghosted in front of the last bend waiting. By the time I saw them it was too late to back off myself so I went through, only to then end up with the alien right up my rear bumper on the run down to turn 1. I just quit back to the pits and went again. Thankfully the flying lap I did get to set was reasonable, starting P7.

The start of the race was mayhem and I'm glad I once again managed to get through unscathed. The Ukrainian starting P9 got it wrong into turn 1 causing a bit of a pile-up which somehow missed me. I ended up running in P5 through the second half of the lap after getting past the alien at the S-bends as he'd started on the Hards. I wasn't complaining though, running that far up on the Mediums was a really good start.

I was going 11M/1H/9S/9S. My pit exit on the Hards was... not the nicest as I ended up with the alien having to swoop around me. This is the second issue I found VR gave me. The combination of not being able to see accurate deltas in the pits, not being able to see them at all once control is returned and the extremely short run from the pit exit to turn 1 meant I was effectively going in blind. I couldn't truly tell if anyone was there, especially with those tiny rear view screens the X2019 has that get obscured by the driver's hands most of the time. Those things are absolutely useless.

The third issue came later on. After my first pit stop exit I was frantically looking at the track map during pit stops trying to gauge if I'd be encountering someone on the exit. What I didn't notice until checking the replay afterwards is that the wind direction changed during the race, doing a full 180 so headwinds turned into tailwinds and vice versa. That's not displayed on the VR HUD and it completely threw me off. The car felt all sorts of wrong leaving the pits on my final stint and it took me a few laps to recompose myself and adjust, making a load of mistakes in the process.

I ended up finishing P6 for 229 points which I'm definitely happy with, although a bit annoyed since that could have been P5 if not for the mistakes on the last stint. Not a fun combo for me. :boggled:

Last edited:
Quali not starting in GT3... this is a joke PD! 😡

Edit.

Had to exit, didn't loose any DR from the looks of it, but the next race is not before 16:00, not sure it's worth the wait...
Can confirm the same thing is happening in GT1 second slot.

GT2 B/S lobby. We had a 15 minute wait for quali to thankfully start. 11 drivers remained.

I only do races like this to get out of my comfort zone and its the taking part that counts right? I really dont like the track and the car less so. Amazed I finished 6th. Pretty fun race and quite well behaved and incident free considering the state of the Redbull car. Which i think I will probably sell now... awful thing.

I've got an 8:15 in me, maybe a bit better, I'm sure of it. But, yeah, definitely gonna get timed out on the finish of this race! Does this happen to any of you in these longer gt1 races?
Indeed. Especially this one. Finishing within 90 seconds of the winner after 10 laps of Nord with weather? It will happen to a lot of people I recon.

I've got an 8:15 in me, maybe a bit better, I'm sure of it. But, yeah, definitely gonna get timed out on the finish of this race! Does this happen to any of you in these longer gt1 races?
Hasn’t happened to me…yet.

But myself and a bunch of others got timed out of qualifying last season at the ring, when a storm came in mid lap and we didn’t have wet tires on.

In custom races, I can get my lap times into 8:09’s-8:10’s. I honestly don’t see myself getting any faster than that for qualifying, fuel load or not

Back