Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Race at 18:00 started as it should, started on medium, changed to hard on lap 10 or 11, changed to soft with 5 laps remaining, still got 1 min penalty... should I have changed back to mediums at some point?
Went from 5th to 9th... 😥

Edit.

I might have changed the tires from medium to soft in the last second after quali and forgot it during the race... 🤦‍♂️
Anyway, I'm not risking going back with the game acting up as it is right now, 9th place is good enough for this race.

Last edited:
I do hope that last round of the Nations Cup has a new track, seeing how it's still listed as TBA. Still not sure if I'll bother with this exhibition series as a whole. Even with the new credit rewards, it seems like we still have the qualifying bug, and even if we didn't, I've had quite a bit of stuff going on when these rounds are going on. One thing I had planned was a date at the local aquarium next Saturday, and I'll be out-of-state during another round.

EDIT: Though I do think it's likely we'll see another season of this Exhibition Series, so maybe I'll just enter the subsequent seasons instead of this first one.

Last edited:
Got back earlier than I expected from a day out with the nephews so just about time for another attempt.

Aaand we waiting again. Nice scenery - helicam working overtime.

IMG_3898.jpeg

IMG_3897.jpeg

Here until the bitter end this time. If I get in another solo round I’m bagging those points. Think I’ll have earned them.

GT1 race and decided to do an odd strategy. I deliberately qualified last and started on mediums, knowing I could avoid the T1 carnage and that most people near the back would be on hards. The plan was to pick them off and know they would be pitting early anyway.

This actually worked amazingly well and I ended up in clean air for the majority of my race.

I should have finished 5th but I managed to go wide on the exit if big banky boy on the very last lap, dropping me to 7th.

Was still chuffed with myself as to how well the strategy worked but kicking myself over what was really an unforced error right at the end. 7 cars picked up damage on lap 1......

Just finished running GT2 slot 1 in the Americas. Had a bit of a wait on the qualifying screen. Maybe 5 minutes, if that. Cleared itself up as soon as cracked open a book to read.

My preparations during the week seem to have paid off.

I qualified at Q1 with a pretty good 1.32.9xx. The next closest car was 0.6s back. Q3 was 1.5s.

I chose a 8M-12S-1H strategy. Since I was starting at the front, I wanted to stay ahead of the pack for as much of the race as I could. The strategy worked. I only had one brief challenge from the P2 car while I was on mediums when I missed the mark on Banky Boy, but after that I was able put a build a bit of a gap between us. Once I switched to softs, I was really able to build up a lead. I was 25s ahead when I pulled into the pits for hards at the end of lap 19. I thought I might have to face some other drivers in that final lap, but it seems they were all waiting until the end to switch to hards too. All I had to do was run the lap out for the win.

Attachments

• 028E327F-3A60-4649-8F46-3761AC9F8065.JPG
    028E327F-3A60-4649-8F46-3761AC9F8065.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 1696699240963.jpeg
    1696699240963.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 6
Finally got to race on my second attempt, after a 48 minute delay. Four of us in the lobby, three actually out on track.

Still managed quite a close race, started on Mediums, dropped back a bit early on, but once settled down was running 2nd, keeping the leader in site, 3rd sliipping back. I knew the odds were tipping my way when the leader pitted after 10 laps, if he was on softs, and I was keeping pace on mediums things are looking good. Did 17 laps before switching to hards for a 3 lap stint. Came out the pits just in the lead, but was swiftly passed by early leader..

Back to the pits for a final 10 lap stint on softs, now I was well in the groove and knuckled down to trying to go fast enough to have the lead when the leader pitted for his final stint on hards. Didn't quite work out that way, he came out just ahead. But softs vs hards was no contest, was soon past and pulling away for a nice win.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231007184744.jpg

Ok, so I had the matching bug today, and to be honest, after waiting an hour and 10 minutes, I have decided to give up on this game until it is fixed. An interesting point that I saw may have something to do with why the glitch is happening... Could the game be waiting for conditions to be correct that could never happen?

Here's what I mean... Whilst the camera was panning around I noticed something weird, so I took a screeny. Notice in this screenshot there is nothing really wrong except a few missing cars...

1696704048883.png

Now, I have highlighted three cars at the rear. A black car, a white car and a green car... After it panned around a little bit and went in to the pit lane I noticed this:
1696704224264.png

We now have the black car, the white car and the gre... ERR A TUNDRA????

I wonder if the game glitched because it was waiting for this person to get in to a compliant vehicle, and they couldn't because qualy had already started.

Poor result today. I can't say I'm too surprised considering a brief hiatus from the first few rounds of the GTWS.

I decided I'd qualify for the back row, tire strategy 1H-10S-9M. It might have worked had I not had multiple mistakes at, T4, I think?

I'm surprised that I was driving with the 3 Board in my GT2 B/S lobby, I had hoped to have a better result but finished P14, only ahead of the driver who would DNF.

Oh well, that's just the way things go. At least I didn't have any server issues and none of my mistakes ruined other driver's races.

Let the game run for a couple of hours whilst I did other things but it never started qualification. Thank god I didn’t waste 3 million buying the car instead of renting.

Utterly useless situation. Good thing my PS Plus is ending soon so I won’t feel compelled to try & race.

GT2 B/S lobby. We had a 15 minute wait for quali to thankfully start. 11 drivers remained.

I only do races like this to get out of my comfort zone and its the taking part that counts right? I really dont like the track and the car less so. Amazed I finished 6th. Pretty fun race and quite well behaved and incident free considering the state of the Redbull car. Which i think I will probably sell now... awful thing.
You may need it for a future event. Might as well keep it rather than have to buy it again.
Ok, so I had the matching bug today, and to be honest, after waiting an hour and 10 minutes, I have decided to give up on this game until it is fixed. An interesting point that I saw may have something to do with why the glitch is happening... Could the game be waiting for conditions to be correct that could never happen?

Here's what I mean... Whilst the camera was panning around I noticed something weird, so I took a screeny. Notice in this screenshot there is nothing really wrong except a few missing cars...

View attachment 1293315

Now, I have highlighted three cars at the rear. A black car, a white car and a green car... After it panned around a little bit and went in to the pit lane I noticed this:
View attachment 1293318

We now have the black car, the white car and the gre... ERR A TUNDRA????

I wonder if the game glitched because it was waiting for this person to get in to a compliant vehicle, and they couldn't because qualy had already started.
You can't enter the event without having the right car. The Tundra is part of the pit lane scenery. It was in my stuck lobby too.

You can't enter the event without having the right car. The Tundra is part of the pit lane scenery. It was in my stuck lobby too.
I would be interested to know if you saw the same cars there too, or whether they depicted the correct liveries of the cars in the lobby. I understand you can't enter when you aren't in the correct car, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug that puts you in the wrong car upon loading.

It would seem strange to stick a random Tundra in the pitlane with actual competitors. Maybe it's showing the tundra as a default for an unloaded car (but it would be quite a coincidence that someone in the same position would quit), but it shouldn't be "part of the scenery" when the it's not showing a pre-rendered scene, but an actual depiction of the state of the lobby.

I would be interested to know if you saw the same cars there too, or whether they depicted the correct liveries of the cars in the lobby. I understand you can't enter when you aren't in the correct car, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug that puts you in the wrong car upon loading.

It would seem strange to stick a random Tundra in the pitlane with actual competitors. Maybe it's showing the tundra as a default for an unloaded car (but it would be quite a coincidence that someone in the same position would quit), but it shouldn't be "part of the scenery" when the it's not showing a pre-rendered scene, but an actual depiction of the state of the lobby.
Unless that’s the car he’s currently in via his garage….and they go into that car via the lobby screen

For next Nation at LE MANS GR1 14 settings are possible and it is impossible to save them..then you have to redo them each time you enter in the race…that is stupid please PD think before you do something….

Let the game run for a couple of hours whilst I did other things but it never started qualification. Thank god I didn’t waste 3 million buying the car instead of renting.

Utterly useless situation. Good thing my PS Plus is ending soon so I won’t feel compelled to try & race.
I actually bought the X2019 in anticipation of the event this week...

BOTH my GT1 slots gave me the matchmaking issue and just like you i was watching minutes upon minutes of the fantastic scenery.
No points for me today as none of my events started. Unbelievable.

While i envy those who managed to race today, i saw some greats results above me here in this thread.
Congrats with the fantastic performances guys:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Good race

No loading glitches (none that I noticed anyway). Q'd in 5th just a tick slower than my best practice time. Decided to run the RM > RS > RH strategy. First stint I stayed out 15 laps on the RM and at some point took the lead for a bit. Came in and swapped to RS and went back out, passed a few people and spent most of that stint in 2nd place. Came in at the end of the 26th lap, threw on the RH, lost 3 spots I think. Grabbed one before the finish for 4th. Happy enough with that one :)

@C_Raccoon23 thanks once again for the good racing 👍

I was worried but it ended up being a superb race for me. Qualified decently high up but stuck with the plan of starting on hards, which worked out perfectly. 1H, 8M, 10S, 11S, if anyone is still going. I passed the other guy on a similar strategy (swapped the M and H) coming out of the pits from my final stop, and managed to pull away to win. My first 200 point race, I believe! @SPL170db I think you might have had the pace, 2 stops is just slower IMO.

Last edited:
GT1, Slot 1 (19:00), Door #12

Another short post, because I'm honestly about to lose what little patience I have left for this game.

I was in the lobby once again with @SPL170db. Managed to qualify 6th and decided to start on the Softs. While the lobby fortunately avoided the freezing bug, I got majorly shafted at the start thanks to another glitch. During the race intro, my camera was on P1's car for some bizarre reason and right when the lights are about to go out, it switches back to mine without warning and I get a false start penalty.

Warning: Rapid camera switching below.

I was absolutely fuming at this, but I was still in the race and tried to make the best of it. However, another car clipped me during the first lap, damaging my left front tire. The car still handled fine despite this, but I had to change my pit strategy slightly to 9S/9S/11M/1H.

Fortunately, I kept it relatively smooth during the whole race with only very minor mistakes here and there. I finished with a decent result for 151 points.

02C145FF-9564-42A5-A86E-29EF6F06E1CD.png

I decided not to go again because I didn't want to risk getting a lobby freeze like last week. The state of Sport mode right now is just unacceptable, as is PD's seemingly lack of urgency to fix these issues given how long it took them to acknowledge the lobbies getting stuck. If something like this happens again, I'm seriously going to consider just retiring for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I was worried but it ended up being a superb race for me. Qualified decently high up but stuck with the plan of starting on hards, which worked out perfectly. 1H, 8M, 10S, 11S, if anyone is still going. I passed the other guy on a similar strategy (swapped the M and H) coming out of the pits from my final stop, and managed to pull away to win. My first 200 point race, I believe! @SPL170db I think you might have had the pace, 2 stops is just slower IMO.
Well done.

I was watching TheKie's stream earlier today and he did a 3 stopper as well. He lamented at the time that pit time loss in the race was actually more than in the practice lobbies they were running (24 seconds vs 18), so I was a little gun shy about the prospect.

That and I also goofed one lap, ran wide in Big Banky Boy and ran all 4 tires out into the kitty litter which also cost me ~ 4 seconds of lost time, which would have put me up into 3rd I believe.

Did first slot and was amazed to find that qualifying started normally and then the race did too!
Qualifying was a frustrating run with a slow car in front of me and couldn’t get the timing right for a clean run. Qualified p10 with over two and a half seconds off my pace. Door 2 in this one and a very low points available at 184 for 1st.

First two laps were actually pretty clean overall and I moved up to p6 by lap two.
Did 17m/ 2 h and brought it home on soft for the last 11 laps.
Should have switched the mediums out a lap or two sooner. Nearly had p3 but my chances of a pass on lap 30 were slim.
Ended p4 and had no off tracks, no damage and no penalties for the entire race 👍
161 points for p4 and this is one and done.
Fun car and good test of strategies.

Good luck to everyone still racing.

IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

I just shared the replay in my profile but this is how my only race was one of the best but even one of the most boring one:
Qualifying and already the session doesn't start, it lets me watch the images of the track, luckily after 5 min the Quali session could start.
Already I showed great performances giving the second in the first lap 0.9 sec with a 1.33, then the second lap and made a 1:32 giving to P2 1.5 sec!

Race:
Started with Soft Tires and already the start for me was pretty boring, made over a sec of gap between me and P2, after 4 laps I misjudged a corner and lost P1, luckily I was 2 sec back while P3 and the others were over 7 sec away
Then I started to use my Soft tyres and regained my 2 secs, but the problem was how I could overtake the German guy in front of me.
It cost me 1 entire Lap to find the correct position to overtake, luckily we still had 7 sec to the rest of the grid

Nothing surprise keeping a 2 sec gap from P2 but then P2 lost the car and fallen to 16 sec

The rest was a pretty boring race.
Entering for Mediums in Lap 9 and made 10 laps with it, without pushing to hard.
A spanish was pretty close to me when I exited the pits, but he was in used Soft tyres and he had to pit after 2 laps

Then Boring.

At the start of the Final Lap I went in the pits to put Hard tyres. Everyone behind me was using the same strategy, apart for a Polish guy which didn't know the rules about what tyres to use, he was trying desperately to take me some seconds, but at last...

I won the race, P2 for the German with only 16 sec of gap and I gained over 40 sec to P3.

Sadly didn't gained many points for this race. Only 78. Now I'm in P4 Regional, P26 National and 271 in EMEA.

Last edited:
Sigh...

Slot 1: Placed in Top Split and, as has become way too regular for me, had a garbage qualifying effort and started P15 of 16. I intentionally laid back at the start to stay away from the chaos at T1, and somehow still managed to run into someone who'd come to a dead stop between T1 and 2, giving myself front wing damage and a 2s penalty. Fortunately I started on Hards so I was going to pit at the end of the lap anyway. I bolted on Mediums and watched 15th drive away on his Softs while I just tried to keep the gap as small as possible so I might have an easier time passing when we swapped compounds. About mid way through the race, I'd worked my way up to 12th thanks to crashes from others. I caught back up to the car I'd been chasing now that I was on Softs and he was on Mediums, but of course dirty air made getting past difficult. I finally sent it up the inside at the start of Sector 3, and made a bit of contact, but didn't pick up any damage. I then immediately pissed it all away by somehow missing my braking into T1, then getting spun by the car I'd just passed as I was trying to recover. This time I did pick up damage in addition to the time lost trying to get the car turned around. I pitted the next lap, and since I had both aero and suspension damage, I figured once again the game would only fix the suspension damage on the first stop, and I'd have to pit again for aero damage, so I decided to not take tires on this stop and wait until the next lap when I pitted again to fix my aero damage. Of course the game fixed ALL of my damage this time on the pit stop, but I still had to pit again to get new tires, effectively throwing away 20+ seconds on a 4th pit stop that I didn't need. Of course this put me last of all of the remaining cars in 14th. While trying to run down 13th, I ran wide at the final turn and crashed again, so after driving around a bit more, I quit.

Slot 2: Qualifying never loaded after nearly 2 hours, so I bailed to try to make slot 3.

Slot 3: Once again qualifying failed to load for more than 2 hours, but since there was nothing else to do, I decided to wait it out while doing other things. It finally loaded with just me and 1 other person in the race. I qualified on pole and was leading when the game timed us out and kicked us from the race on Lap 21...

If they don't have a fix for this nonsense by the next Manufacturer's round, I'm sitting out the rest of the season in both championships. Of course this might not even be an issue if I could just stop being such an idiot and get the job done in the first slot, but since I'm hopelessly stupid, I clearly need all the slots I can get (and even that's often not enough to shake off my stupidity and get a solid result).

Ran Oceania slot 1 in Nations. Found myself door 8 in top split.

Q10 with a couple of average laps but only a couple of tenths off Q6.

Started on mediums with the intention of staying out of trouble and running long on the first stint.

Got a good start and picked up a couple of spots through T1-3. Everything was remarkably clean from the starting line.

Then, entering BBB for the first time I murdered @SmoothOp when he braked earlier than I expected and I punted him through the turn. Damage and a 5 second penalty for me, damage and a lot of lost time for him.

The damage cost us both enormously (I was around 4 seconds a lap slower than without damage). I pitted lap 4 and decided to run two stints on softs.

Once in clear air and damage free I actually had reasonable pace but a 3 stop is NOT a feasible strat. Especially not a 4m11s12s3h.

Finally finished p11 with @SmoothOp p9.

FWIW I think heavy damage for this combo is a terrible idea. These cars are so hard to drive and reaction times are so small, there are going to be a lot of innocent bystanders who have races ruined.
Yeah, all good. It's behind us now, on to Circuit De La Sarthe

For next Nation at LE MANS GR1 14 settings are possible and it is impossible to save them..then you have to redo them each time you enter in the race…that is stupid please PD think before you do something….
I heard this has all tuning options available. Not sure how I feel now about this race. Bound to be a glitch setup found somewhere which then will probably make the racing boring.

As for setups I believe if you enter your setup within the 15mins entry period the setup saves for the race, but yes it’s stupid that you can’t create a new setups tab this.

I heard this has all tuning options available. Not sure how I feel now about this race. Bound to be a glitch setup found somewhere which then will probably make the racing boring.

As for setups I believe if you enter your setup within the 15mins entry period the setup saves for the race, but yes it’s stupid that you can’t create a new setups tab this.

I just jumped in to turn a few laps. Seems like the majority of folks are going with the R92CP and so far that's what I turned my fastest lap with (48th in the world so far, woohoo). As far as tires its RS only for dry and the other 2 for wets....so at least the only choice you need to make for tires is wet or dry.

Looking at the tuning options it lets you manipulate suspension, downforce and brake balance from what I can see. I'm not sure how much playing off the baselines will help especially with downforce. Tried playing with both the R92CP and the 919. The Hybrids get murdered on top speed, and the more you reduce downforce to try and pick up some more MPH on the top end the more you sacrifice in cornerspeed. On this initial go around I'm about 1 second slower per lap in the 919 than the Nissan, but I did have to lower the Porsche's DF a bit so it's top speed on Mulsane wouldn't be totally pathetic.

What will be interesting here is if and how wet the actual race is. If the race gets soaked than I can see the 4WD hybrids having a distinct advantage for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

I saw everyone's X2019 with their chosen liveries. I was able to pick out my GBR livery with ease. The Tundra is only in the shot looking down the pit lane and is missing from the helicopter. If it was a bug which replaced a car then it would be seen in both shots. It is there in only one of the views to add flavour to that particular scene. Afterall most times you see this there aren't cars stuck in the pit lane for ages. So perhaps go and do time trial at LM and see if the Tundra still appears then.

Well, I just created an Asia/Oceanic account just for the extra time slots in the WS races. Man, I almost forgot how annoying this game is to start a new game, at least until Cafe book 9 is completed for Sport Mode.

Anyway, the motivation was for Nord but no way am I going to have the time to up the rating much at all before Saturday. I want it to be at least into GT2 but that won't happen; too little too late I'm afraid. Getting the SR up to S asap will be paramount.

Guess we'll just play this account by ear and see what happens.

Remind me, did the weather show up during Free Practice on Suzuka? I'm still trying to figure out what they have planned for us next weekend at Nords. I think the way they set up the Suzuka weather was different than the usual system, since it was exactly the same for everyone.

Back