Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,923 comments
Anyone besides me work on their potential GTWS manufacturer tunes based on what new tuning parameters PD gives us on the dailies?

Since them allowing LSD tuning this week, I’ve probably put in a good 8 hours, just Messi g around trying to figure out a good tune for my Gr.3 458

Last edited:
Definitely had a very... Interesting time yesterday. NA, high A/S, as usual... I'm still without my wheel, since Fanatec is claiming they never got it (UPS states otherwise). After some practice I found this combo surprisingly decent with a controller though.

Slot 1 - This was indeed the race with @Pfei and @SPL170db. Qualified 3rd behind those two, debated for a while, finally decided to start on Mediums. The guy in 2nd accidentally shifted into reverse somehow, promoting me instantly into 2nd, but SPL and Pfei were on Softs so they quickly pulled away. A Canadian driver on mediums passed me and eased away a couple seconds, but I had a big gap on 5th as I came in for my stop after 13 laps, earlier than most of the other medium runners. The Canadian driver didn't come in until lap 17, by which point I had undercut him and was closing in on the top 2 now on Mediums. They both made small mistakes and let me by, but by now the Canadian was within a couple seconds. With 6 laps to go and on much better tires, he got past pretty easily at turn 1, but I got a good exit and couldn't help myself from going for the move... You guessed it, he broke a fraction earlier and we both got damage. We kept racing and he returned the favor at the last turn, now giving us both double aero damage. The two medium runners and one other easily disposed of us, I got past the Canadian with an, ahem, aggressive move at T1, and got 4th. Normally I would quit with that but I knew I could do better...

Slot 2 - I immediately noticed the presence of the same Canadian driver in the lobby. He qualified 1st, and I ended up 3rd. Into T1 you can probably guess what happened... He broke early into T1, I didn't as much, more broken wings. Down the straight I ended up behind him but still alongside on the right. He tried to get back to the line but wasn't clear, turning himself across me and into the wall and straight into a quit. With damage, I came in at the end of lap 1 to switch to softs and the 2-stop. I did a bunch of good, consistent laps and was 3rd by the end of lap 15 when I came in for a second set of softs, still in with a chance as the two ahead of me were going on to mediums. I was 9th coming out of the pits with a bunch of worn soft and new medium runners ahead of me, and I caught 2 of them at the same time on lap 17... They tripped over each other in the last turn, I ran into the back of one and boom, another broken front wing. I was 4th at that point, but all I could do was hang on for the rest of the race, ending up in 7th and saving my DR somehow after someone spun and someone else barely missed passing me. Without the damage I probably had the pace for 3rd. 1 more...

Slot 3 - Very different race, this one. I had number plate #1, still only qualified 3rd but at the start literally everyone ahead of and behind me tripped over each other, with damage, penalties, and spins all over the place. By the end of the 1st lap I had a 5-second lead (on mediums!), and only kept pulling it out, eventually winning by 30 seconds(!) despite losing my focus like 5 laps from the end.

Not a lot of points, but I'm so close to A+...

Last edited:
This is totally baseless speculation by me, but I'm almost certain the Daytona Oval custom BOP race at the end of the last nations cup was a last minute panic thing and whatever new track will be in for this series was supposed to go in then and something happened and it got postponed until now.

There's no way that was supposed to be "TBD" then "ta-daaaaa, a second oval race in this series!" imo.
The rumor says this could be Bvlgari "clock-car" around Tokyo. It's very possible since there was such a race on World Finals.

Anyone besides me work on their potential GTWS manufacturer tunes based on what new tuning parameters PD gives us on the dailies?

Since them allowing LSD tuning this week, I’ve probably put in a good 8 hours, just Messi g around trying to figure out a good tune for my Gr.3 458
Eight hours?! That's a negative, ghostrider.

This is why I don't like tooning, some are able to invest much more time than others to dial in their car. Not calling you out, YS, good on ya! But for the rest of us who can just do some practice laps and go, we are at a big disadvantage.

I'm on team no-tune. Just adds "who watched some guy's youtube video?" in as a very important pre-race factor for people who do not have the time or aptitude to self-teach tuning. I'll watch the youtube video and do the tune, but I'd rather not and just worry about brake balance.

I'm not a smart man so I'd rather trust PD to get the BOP right, which may be naive, but again I said I'm not a smart man.

Last edited:
Eight hours?! That's a negative, ghostrider.

This is why I don't like tooning, some are able to invest much more time than others to dial in their car. Not calling you out, YS, good on ya! But for the rest of us who can just do some practice laps and go, we are at a big disadvantage.

Here’s the thing, my new tune isn’t any faster than a stock GT3 458 BOP tune. If anything, it’s a taaaaaaaad slower.

Admittedly, I’m one that likes tinkering, so I don’t mind at all. I would say that most of that 8 hours, is figuring out how PD’s version of LSD tuning implementation works. And then how to use it to make the ****-box 458 better. My whole goal is to get better tire wear and a more predictably handling car. I didn’t find anymore tire wear (running full length custom races….namely the last GTWS Manu round at Gardens) but I was able to figure out how to tune the LSD so I could actually trail brake a 458 like a normal person without the fear of the rear end coming around on me. So that’s a win, I suppose. And after that, I made tweaks to my suspension setup being that I don’t have to set it up so understeery anymore - now that I have the LSD to help with that.

BUT!!!!!

I decided to go on YouTube.com and saw that my buddy Kireth made a video (🙄), where he just min-max’s everything. So when I get home from work, I’m going to see if taking that approach with the LSD is better, and if I wasted those 8 hours 😂

Last edited:
BUT!!!!!

I decided to go on YouTube.com and saw that my buddy Kireth made a video (🙄), where he just min-max’s everything. So when I get home from work, I’m going to see if taking that approach with the LSD is better, and if I wasted those 8 hours 😂
see, when even the guy tinkering around for 8 hours ends up on youtube i think i'm onto something with my last post haha

meanwhile i'll stick to my level of tuning "ugg, front tire bad, brake go back, ugg"

I'm going to be very upset if the new race is as disappointing as the end of the last nations cup. If its a custom BOP rental only road car race where there are 14 of one car, 2 of another and every car is the same color, i'll drive off the grand valley hairpin. If its on deep forest i'll set myself on fire on the way down.

unless its a one make '22 GT3RS race on deep forest, i could abide that. i'm not even sure what i want, because what i want would be more of round 1 and 3 on F1 calendar tracks and theres no way we get a third one of those anyway.
Inb4 it's the Bulgari slab at SSRX for 2 laps...

Next nations race I think is the Bulgari at Lake Maggiore. I don’t know why but I don’t think a track is coming this update.

Round 3 of the 2023/2024 Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Series 2, North America GT1 League, 10:00pm slot. Super Formula '23.

I mixed up the schedule for this series thinking the races were only on Saturdays, and missed Round 2. Too bad because I really like Fuji.

I like driving the Super Formula cars, but I couldn't find good pace here, only putting down a 1:16.3 in qualifying for P9 on the grid. This had me worried, as I was DR #1 in the lobby. The race starts, and I find myself into the grass right off the bat in turn 1. By the end of lap, I had drifted back to dead last, 14th.

Not knowing the other drivers tire strategies, I keep up my pace and catch the pack to pick a few positions off. I end up staying out too long and cycling through to the lead, then pitting finally for my Soft tires on lap 20. I exit the pits in P10, and use my fresh rubber to gain a few more positions. An unfortunate block by the wounded P6 driver coming to the white flag gives me some wing damage, but it wasn't enough to hurt my race. I finish P6, not too bad for falling to last at the start.

Full race recording in VR perspective below.

Is there any kind if event coming up that could give us singleplayer gamers a new special event aigain? You know, like the ai-built Nations-races or viewers campaign and so on? I always like those things.

Is there any kind if event coming up that could give us singleplayer gamers a new special event aigain? You know, like the ai-built Nations-races or viewers campaign and so on? I always like those things.
I doubt it. As things stand I imagine there won't be any of those for at least 6 months unless PD is planning on changing the GTWS schedule to add more live events now that they can have live audiences again.

I reckon there's likely going to be a couple of exhibition seasons to go through first over the next few months, before the official season that leads to the live events even begins.

Last edited:
Now that we are in between rounds -- or at least waiting to find out for sure what the final round of Nations will actually be -- I've started a little project to profile the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars in various ways so that I have better idea what to expect from each manufacturer for the next round of the Manu Cup.

As I was surprised in the last round by the MAZDA3's poor tire life (though, in hindsight, I really shouldn't have been), my first round of tests is focusing on tire wear on Gr.4 cars. I've been doing lots of laps at Suzuka - East Course (i.e. just the esses), which is a great track for eating through tires. I've done a dozen cars so far, so there is still a way to go. I'll post the results here when I'm done.

Other things I'm hoping to test are fuel consumption (with and without fuel saving) and wet-weather handling. I'll also post those results here when I have them.

Now that we are in between rounds -- or at least waiting to find out for sure what the final round of Nations will actually be -- I've started a little project to profile the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars in various ways so that I have better idea what to expect from each manufacturer for the next round of the Manu Cup.

As I was surprised in the last round by the MAZDA3's poor tire life (though, in hindsight, I really shouldn't have been), my first round of tests is focusing on tire wear on Gr.4 cars. I've been doing lots of laps at Suzuka - East Course (i.e. just the esses), which is a great track for eating through tires. I've done a dozen cars so far, so there is still a way to go. I'll post the results here when I'm done.

Other things I'm hoping to test are fuel consumption (with and without fuel saving) and wet-weather handling. I'll also post those results here when I have them.
Beware the potential of a BoP update tomorrow, hopefully the data you have already won't be compromised! :scared:

Last round is in the Jimny at Lake Louise short

Screenshot_2024-01-25-07-03-04-702_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Will SR updates be on? This could be an absolute disaster zone.
Yes they will be, as well as DR updates.

Also, while you can run your own livery (no widebody), tuning is completely off, with the car stock (other than the snow tires).

Last edited:
BOP Gr.3 update

almost all meta cars got a nerf

I find it curious that they buffed some of the "secondary" cars (Atenza, F1, WRX). I thought their policy was to keep those intentionally bad, to avoid giving an advantage to the manufacturers with multiple cars.
Nothing for Gr.4, really? Guess they've given up on featuring it in Manus, which is sad to me...Either that or there's a lot of tire wear races in GT2's future.

Latest Posts

Back