Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,939 comments
I tried a custom race. Conclusion- @Moose78 is definitely very gentle on his tires. His/Lopez's strategy may not work for you. There is a reason that other World Series players went for 2RM-1RS instead of 1RM-2RS.

For me, even 2RM-1RS barely made it to 32 laps. But to be fair, I had some spins and some kissing the chicken moments. These moments absolutely melt the rear tires. Think how F1 drivers typically pit for fresh tires after a spin.

For GT1, I am at a loss about strategy because any strategy is potentially out of the window with damage, spins, and even too many squiggly exits out of corners due to damaged rear tires.

I am absolutely a danger to everyone around, sigh. It is also too hard to avoid an incident/slow-down in front of me. Biggest problem tomorrow, however, is whether I can make it to one of the 3 slots.

Yet to try RHs. Fuel is not an issue.
I believe only one of the GTWS competitors did M-S-M. But they're all really really good on tires. And it did actually work out pretty well.

death-chicken-tomorrow.jpg

Best of luck in your races, everyone!

I just got around to measuring pit times. Here's how they compare between Free Practice and Lobbies/Custom Races (tire change, no fuel):

Free Practice: 13.3s
Lobby: 17.6s
Difference: 4.3s

It's today???? Whoever's in charge of their website needs to be fired. Anyway, don't think I can bring myself to abandon the Ring for this. I'm loving those 6 lappers in the rain around the greatest race track ever built. Maybe if it wasn't for the lack of force feedback in these cars I'd have done it, but just did a few laps and the car doesn't feel that great to drive.

GTWS-188.png

Last edited:
I attended First Slot in the morning with quite some confidence, however it ended Up being one of my worst races ever.
Finished on p12 afer multiple spins. In VR I'm Always struggling to Shift down to R or first gear after a Spinning session.
I think it wouldn't have saved me today with my terrible Performance however I also got 3s Penalty after each Pit Stop. It was immediately there when Control was handed over from Auto Pilot. I recognized this already earlier in the free training but couldn't find Out how to avoid IT.

I can confirm that the 1M+2S Strategy worked nicely for me despite some spins like a ballerina.

I attended First Slot in the morning with quite some confidence, however it ended Up being one of my worst races ever.
Finished on p12 afer multiple spins. In VR I'm Always struggling to Shift down to R or first gear after a Spinning session.
I think it wouldn't have saved me today with my terrible Performance however I also got 3s Penalty after each Pit Stop. It was immediately there when Control was handed over from Auto Pilot. I recognized this already earlier in the free training but couldn't find Out how to avoid IT.

I can confirm that the 1M+2S Strategy worked nicely for me despite some spins like a ballerina.
You will have crossed the line on pit entry. It’s a bit awkward especially on used tires.

Managed to get my FP time down into the 16's. Probably the closest I've ever been to @Zorz on the leaderboard.

Replicated that time for a 5th place grid slot only 0.3 seconds off pole. Should be a competitive race.
Went wide into T1 and lost a place but gained it again from a spinner out of T2. Then did a good move around the outside of P4 in the esses. Then it went wrong. Misjudged the mediums and fuel load and glanced the COD (first time in a while). Lost a few places as thankfully I was still facing forwards. P10 looks down the inside of the final chicane. I give space but they don't care. They drift into me on acceleration and I am knocked into a slide. I miraculously keep it the right way but again loose places. P13 and time to put my head down. Unfortunately the car ahead jumps over a kerb in the esses and right into my path shoving them into the barrier. 4 seconds to me. Well not my fault really but I have to suck it up. Down to P14 after the pen. Glance the COD again in the same manner as before. More speed less haste required. By my pit on lap 14 I was in P7. (If you can't be as fast as a Moose you can be as strategic as one.)
Came out in P8 and put my softs to work. Lap 16 and I got stuck behind a Frenchman exiting the pits. I was faster through the first chicane but equalish the rest of the lap. I needed to make the move into T1. Lap 19 almost presented me with that opportunity but a German coming out of the pits complicated it. I had to stick to the inside and then the disparity of lines caused me to lightly tap the Frenchman. I had to hold back whilst they sorted their slide meaning the opportunity had gone. Then into the Seaside Hairpin the German just taps my back end causing me to spin. To be fair they try and wait but another spin for me and 4 seconds for them causes them to carry on. No hard feeling here as their behaviour means it was an accident. Just frustrating as I was making good progress to be reset again. Back in 11th I see what I can salvage. I come in from 9th on lap 23 and come out in 10th. Lets see what the last stint brings for me. It's a boring one. I'm slowly catching a Brit ahead but dropping slightly to a Frenchman behind. Lap 29 and the Brit lets me past just before Larini 1. Any second later and an airplane crash is happening. However they pick the pace back up again so I am slightly confused. Then the last lap a P4 has got Seaside wrong and span. They are right in front of me heading through the COD. This is enough to distract me and I do the two hit special which also spins me. I loose time getting back round and cross the line in P11. However a few people didn't use 2 tyre types and I was promoted to P8. A good salvage in the end from some idiots but it also meant I threw away a chance for P3-5. So frustrating in the end. Every silver lining has a cloud and all that.
Only me and 2 others (including the winner used no assists) and only 1 player left. So not too bad of a lobby really with some good close racing. Good luck everyone.

Managed to get my FP time down into the 16's. Probably the closest I've ever been to @Zorz on the leaderboard.

Replicated that time for a 5th place grid slot only 0.3 seconds off pole. Should be a competitive race.
Went wide into T1 and lost a place but gained it again from a spinner out of T2. Then did a good move around the outside of P4 in the esses. Then it went wrong. Misjudged the mediums and fuel load and glanced the COD (first time in a while). Lost a few places as thankfully I was still facing forwards. P10 looks down the inside of the final chicane. I give space but they don't care. They drift into me on acceleration and I am knocked into a slide. I miraculously keep it the right way but again loose places. P13 and time to put my head down. Unfortunately the car ahead jumps over a kerb in the esses and right into my path shoving them into the barrier. 4 seconds to me. Well not my fault really but I have to suck it up. Down to P14 after the pen. Glance the COD again in the same manner as before. More speed less haste required. By my pit on lap 14 I was in P7. (If you can't be as fast as a Moose you can be as strategic as one.)
Came out in P8 and put my softs to work. Lap 16 and I got stuck behind a Frenchman exiting the pits. I was faster through the first chicane but equalish the rest of the lap. I needed to make the move into T1. Lap 19 almost presented me with that opportunity but a German coming out of the pits complicated it. I had to stick to the inside and then the disparity of lines caused me to lightly tap the Frenchman. I had to hold back whilst they sorted their slide meaning the opportunity had gone. Then into the Seaside Hairpin the German just taps my back end causing me to spin. To be fair they try and wait but another spin for me and 4 seconds for them causes them to carry on. No hard feeling here as their behaviour means it was an accident. Just frustrating as I was making good progress to be reset again. Back in 11th I see what I can salvage. I come in from 9th on lap 23 and come out in 10th. Lets see what the last stint brings for me. It's a boring one. I'm slowly catching a Brit ahead but dropping slightly to a Frenchman behind. Lap 29 and the Brit lets me past just before Larini 1. Any second later and an airplane crash is happening. However they pick the pace back up again so I am slightly confused. Then the last lap a P4 has got Seaside wrong and span. They are right in front of me heading through the COD. This is enough to distract me and I do the two hit special which also spins me. I loose time getting back round and cross the line in P11. However a few people didn't use 2 tyre types and I was promoted to P8. A good salvage in the end from some idiots but it also meant I threw away a chance for P3-5. So frustrating in the end. Every silver lining has a cloud and all that.
Only me and 2 others (including the winner used no assists) and only 1 player left. So not too bad of a lobby really with some good close racing. Good luck everyone.
Sorry to hear your race went south. :(

I'm not sure how to react to being used as a benchmark. 😅 I'm just praying it all comes together later because my free practice time (now a 1:15.0) is far, far above my typical average compared to the aliens. There's something about this combo that just feels right, especially in VR. In turn, if this is the closest you feel like you've gotten to my time, you must be on a real flyer with this combo too. Worth giving it another go, maybe?

I've done a few full length practice runs and they've come out in the 41:38-41:40 range. That kind of pace has got to be competitive at the A/A+ crossover, surely...

Fingers Crossed Good Luck GIF by Mad Monkey Media Inc.

I'm not sure how to react to being used as a benchmark. 😅 I'm just praying it all comes together later because my free practice time (now a 1:15.0) is far, far above my typical average compared to the aliens. There's something about this combo that just feels right, especially in VR. In turn, if this is the closest you feel like you've gotten to my time, you must be on a real flyer with this combo too. Worth giving it another go, maybe?
Well everyone who is faster than me (and that's most if not all on here) are a benchmark.
I do feel I'm clicking with this combo. I think as one of the drivers was saying at the finals that these cars are very suited to this track. And as I said I feel the physics change helped calm these cars down.
Alas I do not know if I will have time to go again. I'm about to leave for the football. By the time I'm back I will not be bothered, so I'll take the points and indeed the good feeling from having some pace for once.

I am very, very glad you pointed that out. I'd completely missed it and had been practicing doing an all-Mediums 1-stop... :lol:
I saw a few screenshots with people getting penalties and couldn't figure out why because it's not listed in the race information screen on they entry page. No, you need to go into race details and scroll down. Great stuff. I don't know how long it's been like this because I don't think I've done a race with it turned on since I came back but good to know PD are as transparent as ever.

Anyway, did a practice and I'm going 16/8/8. I think I'd be quicker doing a one stop on mediums but since I can't, pray I don't hit the wall. Or the kerb on the outside of the first chicane which has a tractor beam in it.

It's today???? Whoever's in charge of their website needs to be fired. Anyway, don't think I can bring myself to abandon the Ring for this. I'm loving those 6 lappers in the rain around the greatest race track ever built. Maybe if it wasn't for the lack of force feedback in these cars I'd have done it, but just did a few laps and the car doesn't feel that great to drive.

View attachment 1381686
I've learned to take the information on the site with a grain of salt; it's wrong all the time.

In fact, as we speak it shows the RA272 TT ending on 9/15 whereas the game says 9/1; similarly it has the AMG challenge ending on 9/6 whereas the game is 8/30.

Typically, Nations/Manu race on Saturdays and sometimes Wednesdays; TGR is Sundays. But yea, you gotta keep your wits about ya with the site.

7th place in GT3 :), can't complain about that after one spin out and one 3 sec pit entry penalty, didn't look forward to this race, hoping for at least 10th place, but managed to do better than that, 6-7 laps on RS and 2 times RM (don't remember which laps :embarrassed: ). Skipping the RA272 race and will do the SF and GT3 race.

Last edited:
Soooo...this was a very interesting race, the 1st round of the nations cup. Got an ok/good qualiy time, but it wasnt all smooth sailing.

Logged onto the 10am slot, with DR B group GT2 League for me. Proceeded to do some practice laps and hit a good 1:17.3 in the my test runs with the RB X2019 25th version, I dont like the normal RB X2019 it feels more twitchy, and snappy oversteery, very odd I know.

So went into the qualifier and chaos ensued, many folks were spinning out include myself, had to regain some composure on the 2nd and last lap of qualifiers to get a semi decent time which put me in 4th position on the start of grid.

Race time:
The Race was nerve wracking as I wasnt sure my tyre strategy paid off. I went on RS tires to start. Grid got off smooth but already on trun 2 it was chaos and argy bargy, everyone jostling for the top spot. There was an italian guy with a horrible username 11111 something, he was leading the pack.

So little bumps here and there i started to follow the top 3 cars. 2 italians and 1 spaniard in the top 3 leading this race so far. I was chasing the italian named Ramza and was trying to get 3rd place franticilly. The key I found was to stay consistent and do not hit death chicane at all or you lose so much time. Luckily i never hit that ever in my entire race but I did have one spinout, more on that later.

Had a little bumpy with a turkish guy called Gojira in 5th place he passed me on lap 6 on the final turn, but then spun out as i took the inside corner, he didnt feel too jhappy about it, but I did aplogise post race. Then swtiched to RM tires on lap 9 and kept pushing to close gap to the italian in 3rd place, but the 2nd place spaniard spun out after that and I got 3rd place then chased for 2nd.

Pushing and pushing & staying consistent was so key here, the top 3 were getting so quick we started lapping the rest of the back pack of racers. Then later on the gap between 1st and 3rd was huge, almost 1min and he started to lap me! I was shocked, he strangely used hard tires also at some point so I thought hmm intresting.

My tyre strategy was 9 laps (RS) 14 laps (RM) 9 laps (RS)

I managed to pit again and switch back to RS tires and close the gap in the italian 2nd palce guy, but as I said the 1st guy started lapping me, I spun out on lap 27 or 28 and was freaking out, had to put the car right round faicng the right way, to not lose the large 15sec time gap I had on 4th place car. Manged to hold it till the end as the race got cut short due to 1st lapping the field. MY race ended on lap 32 and I acheived 3rd place podium.

GREAT RESULT, Very happy for this race and netted 53 points or so.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240817095901.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817095251.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817100145.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817100730.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817101004.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817101039.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817105403.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817105450.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817105436.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817110103.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817110155.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240817110956.jpg

I'm calling that a day there. That was a rollercoaster of emotions and quite frankly, I'm exhausted. I think participation must also have been pretty low because the lobby was mixed A/A+ but only worth 238 points. It must have pulled a really wide spread of DRs.

I started P6 as I couldn't quite get my quali lap nailed (still pretty good though) and started on the Mediums. That seemed to be the common thought, as it seems like everyone else also did that briefly scanning over the replay.

I failed to get to grips with the dirty air off the start and laps 1 and 2 turned into a disaster. I went a bit deep on turn 1 and ended up having to take a very narrow line through turn 2 that cost me. I then lost some more at the first hairpin due to being forced off the racing line, and then went deep at the last hairpin. Horrible, horrible start. And then just to top it off, I outbroke myself at turn 1 on lap 2 and went onto the gravel. Trying to get the car back on track and pointed the right way, followed by sliding around on dirty tyres ended up costing me about 15-16 seconds that lap and dropped me down to P15. Thankfully, no damage.

At that point I was fuming because I'd just completely blown it, but decided to get my head down and see whether I could recover anything. Fast forward to the end of lap 14 and I come in to the pits running P5. I was fully expecting to get dumped right back down coming out of the pits but... no. I came back out in P6. :boggled:

I then catch P5 and make a move into turn 1, so back up and running in actual P5 again. I'll need to go back and try figure out what on earth happened for me to make up so many positions after such a crippling mistake.

Going ahead to lap 23 and I'm once again in P6 as I come in for my second pit stop. P5 is a bit further ahead this time, but I manage to catch up by the start of lap 25 and we start fighting. I can't get any moves in, but then get a much better run out of the last hairpin and take the position at turn 1.

Nothing much else happened from here onwards other than lapping a couple of people, but the big surprise came at the end. Four people missed the two-compound rule for a whopping 4 minute penalty, and two of them were in front of me. P3! :eek:

However... think back to how much time I lost from my lap 2 screw up...

1723909435968.png

I potentially had the pace to win that. Either the pit stops were shorter in the actual race than in offline custom races or I was on fire after I finally got my act together, because I'd have been on for at least a 41:30 or so? That's a lot, lot faster than my practice runs.

218 points will do nicely. Now I'm off for a bath, because I've been sweating buckets. :P

First, a message. If you're in qualifying and you mess up a lap and there's someone a second or two behind you, bail out. You're not beating your time on that lap and they're going to be right behind you on the subsequent lap. Don't be like the guy in my race who did this, made a mess of turn 1 on the next lap then took the huff and put me in the wall when I tried to go past him and then blamed me in the chat for it.

Started 8th, eventually. Missed the worst of some carnage behind me in turn 1 and the field gradually spread out. I was doing a 16M/8S/8S strategy and it turns out almost everyone started on softs. I was quite happy to plod along at my own pace. I passed a few people when they died in various places. One very optimistic guy in a weed themed livery tried 10 laps on softs. Didn't work.

I don't really have much else to say because I was alone for pretty much the entire race. An Italian did 9S/14M/9S and I was trying my hardest to eat into his lead. From the crossover point mid-race I got it from about 10 seconds to 4 seconds by the end, but 2nd was the best I could manage:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240817155422.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240817155527.jpg

Every couple of laps I'd see yellow flags at the chicane and pray he'd hit the wall, but it was always just traffic. In a 40+ minute race it's easy to feel you could have made up 4 seconds somewhere, but I think I drove as well as I could so I don't feel so bad. 115 points.

Dragon Trail - Seaside_.jpeg

Last edited:
Entered Round 1 GT2 League
Qualyfying went wrong as a Spanish guy ruined my lap and I went in the wall
The race was another thing. Starting P6 and already before T1 made 1 position.
The first few laps were very stressful but before I could do my stop at the pit at lap 9 I was already first!
Then it became only a thing between me and a Scottish guy called stpatty, we were in different strategies.
In the end my strategy (RS 9, RM 15, RS 8) paid off and won my second race with the X2019, out of three, in my Nations Cup career.
Gained 120 points which are good for both my zone, region and national classification. (Fun fact: I have now the same points as my little brother).
Here are a few pictures of my race

Attachments

• 20970216081543703.jpg
    20970216081543703.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20970041831044303.jpg
    20970041831044303.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20969933303996271.jpg
    20969933303996271.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20969892346517076.jpg
    20969892346517076.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20970773428442089.jpg
    20970773428442089.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20970160885680599.jpg
    20970160885680599.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20970711317829473.jpg
    20970711317829473.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20970939463715477.jpg
    20970939463715477.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1
First, a message. If you're in qualifying and you mess up a lap and there's someone a second or two behind you, bail out. You're not beating your time on that lap and they're going to be right behind you on the subsequent lap. Don't be like the guy in my race who did this, made a mess of turn 1 on the next lap then took the huff and put me in the wall when I tried to go past him and then blamed me in the chat for it.

Started 8th, eventually. Missed the worst of some carnage behind me in turn 1 and the field gradually spread out. I was doing a 16M/8S/8S strategy and it turns out almost everyone started on softs. I was quite happy to plod along at my own pace. I passed a few people when they died in various places. One very optimistic guy in a weed themed livery tried 10 laps on softs. Didn't work.

I don't really have much else to say because I was alone for pretty much the entire race. An Italian did 9S/14M/9S and I was trying my hardest to eat into his lead. From the crossover point mid-race I got it from about 10 seconds to 4 seconds by the end, but 2nd was the best I could manage:

View attachment 1381828

View attachment 1381829

Every couple of laps I'd see yellow flags at the chicane and pray he'd hit the wall, but it was always just traffic. In a 40+ minute race it's easy to feel you could have made up 4 seconds somewhere, but I think I drove as well as I could so I don't feel so bad. 115 points.

View attachment 1381827
That was very though to keep you behind. Well done for your great recovery :cheers:

Last edited:
Either the pit stops were shorter in the actual race than in offline custom races or I was on fire after I finally got my act together
Why not both? Pit stops in Free Practice are 4.3s shorter than in custom races and lobbies.

Last edited:
Had a fun race but the replay didn't save! Took a couple of screenshots though so let's see what I can remember...

GT1 A+ lobby 3pm UK... door 7 and qualified 5th with a 15.7.

Once again played it safe and started on softs... and this time it was a wise move. Picked up rear damage early on and people were flying past on the straights, so at the start of lap 3 I pitted and changed strategy to S-M-M.

Rejoined at the back but out of sequence and ran the whole stint without anyone slowing me up. My biggest issue was trying to calculate when it was best to pit for my final stop. Started to wonder if it was possible to extend long enough to go back on softs but as my times dipped into the 1:18's I knew it was time for new mediums.

By now I was in about P5 but as people pitted ahead I found myself in P2, I have no idea how this happened, I would love to see the replay! About 5 seconds behind was a Greek on new tyres rapidly catching and a Spaniard a few seconds behind them.

The Greek driver closed me down fast in the closing laps and with a few to go I let them past, no point in fighting a faster car, better to sit in their slipstream and secure a podium finish.

Once they were by the slipstream kept me right on their tail and I started to think I could still finish second, they weren't pulling away as I'd expected. On the penultimate lap they touched the wall in the Death Chicken Chicane, I couldn't believe my luck as they fell back into the clutches of the Spaniard behind. Final lap I just needed to keep things steady...

IMG_9305.JPG

IMG_9308.JPG

Turns out the Spaniard got a 4 minute penalty anyway (presumably for running one type of tyre) so a podium was never really in doubt. I have no idea how I got to P2 after having to run mediums for 30 laps... More long races with multiple stops please!

Last edited:
Well, my GT1 debut in slot 1 did not go as planned.

I darn near won it!

Q2 to P2 in a 168 point lobby. And despite crashing in the uphill esses WHILE LEADING on the last lap of my first stint on the RS tires, I kept it clean and green and otherwise mistake free. Ran the 9S-15M-8S combination and will not be going again.

Happy with 161 points and another DR boost to go with the good week I've had in daily C this week.

Rockin' the EVH livery for this one and now I think I'll crank up some tunes and cool off, it's sweltering hot where I am.

19162c9789150-screenshotUrl.jpg

I fought the Death Chicken... and lost.

First GT1 slot in North America. I was door #12 in a low-A lobby, with 188 points up for grabs. I qualified Q6 with a time of 1:16.716. I put on RM tires for a 14RM-9RS-9RS strategy.

gtws-nc-rd1-start.jpg

The race got off to a decent start. I dropped a few spots in the first chicane and settled in to P9 for the rest of the lap.

Then came my first encounter with the Death Chicken. It drew first blood. There was a wash of air from the car ahead that threw me into the wall on exit. I pitted at the end of lap 1 in P9 for repairs and RS tires. I came out in P12.

I wasn't running the greatest laps on the softs, but somehow I still managed to work my way up to P3 when I went into the pits on lap 11 for some fresh tires. I decided to go with RMs. I came out in P7.

Things were going swimmingly until my second encounter with the Death Chicken on lap 16. I got the exit wrong, and went into the wall again. I pitted at the end of the lap to repair damage an put on fresh RMs. I went into the pits in P3 and came out in p5. My hope now was to run the RMs to the end of the race.

The Death Chicken, of course, had other plans. It attacked with a vengeance on Lap 27. I grazed the wall on entry, which sent me flying head-on into the opposite wall.

gtws-nc-rd1-death.jpg

I pitted at the end of the lap in P4. I put on RS tires for a final sprint to the finish. I clicked on "Don't fill". I clicked on "Don't repair".

Profanity ensued.

I came out in P5. I drove around for a lap with damage, then pitted AGAIN to repair it. Entered P5. Returned P6.

I managed to avoid any more run-ins with Death Chicken, thankfully.

I finished P6 for 149 and a slight increase in DR. Given the circumstances, I'm pretty happy with that result. I have no interest in doing that again.

You win, Death Chicken.

death-chicken-laid-to-rest.jpg

(That's "Laid to Rest" for those of you who don't understand AI gibberish.)

Last edited:
One word: WOW.

Slot 1: Had what felt like a decent first flying lap, but it was only good enough for a 16.1. On my 2nd attempt I crashed at the CoD so I only got my "banker" lap as my official time, which was only good enough to start 13th of 14 cars, but still less than 1s off pole.

I made up a spot off the start after someone apparently voluntarily dropped to the back, then another spot at the exit of the chicane after someone got run over for checking up for cars in front of them. I then lost a spot to the only car who qualified slower than me to end Lap 1 in P12, a net gain of +1. Then headed to the hairpin before the CoD on Lap 2, someone went for a weird revenge punt and gave me 2 spots, and I immediately picked up another one when someone spun at the exit of the hairpin, then picked up another 2 spots when someone died at the CoD and took out the car directly in front of me and nearly gave me a heart attack, so 5 spots gained in roughly 10s to move me up to P7 by the end of Lap 2!

Things settled down and I remained in P7 until the end of Lap 13 when the car directly ahead of me (and pulling away despite having qualified slower than me) got into it with another car in the esses. The other car had aero damage so was going slightly slowly, but wasn't expecting someone to try to overtake him in the esses. Contact was made, and the car that initially had damage didn't take to kindly to that and drove into the side of the other car, taking him out and giving me P6. I caught the same car 1 lap later and he moved out of the way at the hairpin before the COD, moving me up to P5 just before my first pit stop (I was going 14M/9S/9S), after which I emerged still in P5. I moved up to P4 a lap later when the polesitter made an unscheduled stop after spinning out at the final corner the previous lap and picking up damage. I stayed in P4 until the polesitter came up behind me like a bat outta Hell and passed me into the hairpin before the CoD on Lap 19, only for him to hit the wall at the exit of the CoD and pick up damage. Unfortunately he had just enough of a pace advantage to hold me up the next lap and allow P6 (who was on Mediums) to catch both of us before they both pitted at the end of the lap. Another of the front-runners crashed at the exit of the first chicane on Lap 22, moving me up to P3.

I pitted for my 2nd stop 1 lap later and as expected fell to P5 behind the polesitter and the other car he was battling with, as they'd had 3 laps on fresh Mediums while I was finishing my stint. I managed to keep up with them for the most part, but was 1.5-2s behind them when on Lap 27 the polesitter got a slide at the exit of the hairpin before the CoD and slid to the inside directly in front of the car he was battling with, which resulted in another spin for the polesitter and front aero and suspension damage for the other car, as well as moving me back up into P3 which is where I would finish (nearly 40s off the winner and 18s behind P2) for 302 points!

Slow and steady didn't win the race, but I'll gladly take a podium and a 300+ points result! I was definitely playing it extremely conservative in this race, especially at the CoD where I would have a lift every lap and give the walls plenty of space, while it seemed like a lot of people were sending it. I was also probably a bit overly-cautious everywhere else to avoid spinning at the corner exits. This meant I was a whole 1s off the pace of the fastest drivers when on the same tire, and even with a tire advantage I was struggling to keep up with the front-runners on pace, but simply staying on track was enough to gain 10 spots and get a CRB. I'd love to make a highlight reel, but I have so much carnage to sort through!
Gran Turismo® 7_20240817195447.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240817195528.jpg

Also worth noting is that only 1 car (11th) finished off the lead lap.

Last edited:
Back