Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,202 comments
1723953063548.png

This picture is summary of my race. I want all my time back which I could have spent on 2 or 3 races of the amazing 6-lap Nordschleife instead!

I don't know why I even did this race when I never liked fictional tracks and fictional cars. This round has both. I did not even enjoy doing the custom race.

I hit the death chicken during qualifying. Immediately restarted from pits and could not set a good time due to traffic. But it was a relief because it meant that I could just start from the back alongside @Astro_BS-AS.

The first lap was very dangerous. I needed instant reactions to avoid incidents ahead of me. I survived the death chicken in the first lap. But then I hit the death chicken 4 times over the course of the race. :lol:

I was really bored of the race. It was interesting that I was as fast as the leader, with one difference- they never hit the death chicken. When my wife wanted to talk to me about something, I happily parked the car in the pit and abandoned the race this way. First time ever that I abandoned a race. Abandoned my 701st race. 700 finished race (a few of them got disconnected though) and 1 abandoned.

I am still happy that I tried this race because it made me realize some things:
1. Despite finishing last, I got 100 points. Just a few months ago, I had celebrated getting triple digit points for first time ever. A great progress for me personally.
2. I will always remember this race when I see a race which I don't like. Just because it is GTWS does not mean that I have to take part in it. Definitely not taking part in round 2. Round 3 does not look great to me either given Monza's lap T1. I might actually skip the entire season.
3. It was an ego boost for me to see that I am now good enough in GT7 that I can pick up a GTWS race and go with just one hour of practice. Death Chicken is just too difficult.

Last edited:
Wasn't really jazzed about the combo selection for this series and was going to give it a pass. Haven't played GT since last Sunday though and didn't have anything better to do tonight so ran some practice laps in the late afternoon and saw I might be competitive in the GT2 league. Signed up for the first slot and performed horribly from my no qualy, start from the back, RM14/RS9/RS9 strategy. Which turned out more like a "stragedy". Spun myself 4 times and got lapped. Finished 9th from attrition and no tire change penalties to others and didn't get to finish lap 32.

Almost turned off the console to find something else to do. Instead, I took an hour break, ate some dinner, watched that horrid replay and staged up for the third slot. That one almost also became another stragedy race. Stayed with the no qualy, start from the back thing but it didn't really help me much on lap 1. Managed to avoid the muppets at T2&3 and gained a few spots then lost them when I ran wide coming down the hill to the esses and got hammered checking up. Took engine and rear body damage that had me running about 95-MPH almost all the way to the COD. 14th at that point and a good bit behind 13th.

I'd decided to use this guy's tire strat and carried on with that, gaining several positions through attrition, pit stops and one honest battle with a Miss Poncho for 10th in the latter part of L4 and first sector in L5. Got another honest draft pass down the front straight on L9 that put me P5 and managed to gap the car passed for a comfortable no penalty pit stop for RMs. Came out in 9th with plenty of clear air ahead and behind.

Lap 11 found me back in 5th after a few pit stop cycles, with the pole sitter and eventual FL winner catching me up after their pit stop. Had a go with Moose's Death Chicken on L12 that put that one much closer and they went for the pass heading into that double right and got by me, only to go wide and pass P5 back to me. Just ahead P4 appeared to have some sort of controller malfunction and drove it into the end of the barrier, on the right side of the first left hander in the esses, handing me P4 with the pole sitter still behind me. L15 I brake way to late into that tight right at the bottom of the hill before the COD and they get by me. Back in 5th now with a really nice gap to 6th. At this point I figure this is where I'll likely finish.

Followed the pole sitter until lap 18 when I had a moment, exiting what I reckon is T5, or maybe T6, don't know if that little kink after T3 is counted, where I'd spastically slapped it into 2nd gear and forgot to drop it into 3rd for the exit. Car and I met the Larini barrier on the right side, very up close. Good thing I had a really nice gap to P6 at this time and I got squared back away and finish the RM stint without further incidents, on my part anyway. Pole sitter in front binned it just before the COD and gave P4 to me.

P3 up ahead spun into the wall leaving T3, letting me get in to range, then had a moment getting into the pit which found me in 3rd finishing L21. Next few laps are drama free and I pit for last set of RS at the end of L24. Didn't quite have enough gap to P4, since PD doesn't let me see that information in VR, and came out behind them by about half a second, maybe, I don't know, again cuz us po' VR folks don't get that thar' datas.

At any rate, I chase Wildchild 611 for the rest of the race, trading 10ths here and there, although they are getting the better end of that trade and are pulling away. Wildchild made a mistake on L28 and let me close to drafting distance, I had a squiggle exiting last turn on L29 and almost lost the draft. Manage to hold on to it though, thanks to their RS being a lap or 2 older than mine and I'm sure contributed to them not making the transition between T2&3 worth doodly and I got by. Lap 32 was a nail biter, right up until Wildchilds tires and TC failed at the same time exiting the right hander before COD and I think Moose's DC pecked him around in about a 540° and I manage to hold it together in my glee long enough to finish in P3. Got a little more in the DR bar than I had before.

Last edited:
I threw away slots 1 and 2 but finally put it all together in slot 3, for a strong 4th, in... top split? Where did everyone go??? Seriously, this is the worst participation I've seen, and the combo wasn't even that bad! This car isn't nearly as murderous as it used to be. I'm scared of what next week will look like at this rate...

Seriously, this is the worst participation I've seen, and the combo wasn't even that bad!
To put some numbers on it, in North America GT1 less than 200 drivers participated. Only 151 finished the race to receive points.

Can't say I'm all that excited about the next round. I'll still participate. Who knows? Maybe it'll end up being an enjoyable 8 minutes of racing.

Last edited:
I threw away slots 1 and 2 but finally put it all together in slot 3, for a strong 4th, in... top split? Where did everyone go??? Seriously, this is the worst participation I've seen, and the combo wasn't even that bad! This car isn't nearly as murderous as it used to be. I'm scared of what next week will look like at this rate...
I didn't realize you were in Slot 1 with me! And yes, that was Top Split surprisingly (I wasn't sure it was either until I checked the standings). After that round I'm currently 3rd in the championship, and I'd say I stand a good chance of staying in the Top 5 after the next round as well... I've never been this high in a championship before, even after Rd. 1.

Last edited:
To put some numbers on it, in North America GT1 less than 200 drivers participated. Only 151 finished the race to receive points.

Can't say I'm all that excited about the next round. I'll still participate. Who knows? Maybe it'll end up being an enjoyable 8 minutes of racing.
Top driver in the whole region got a whopping 315 points. Typically, top point earners are in the 400s. Just goes to show how little participation there was. I feel weeks two and three will be similar.

Round 1 of the 2024 Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup Exhibition Series 1, North America GT1 League, 10:00pm slot. Red Bull X2019 Competition

I have not raced for few months and didn't practice much for this event but it worked out pretty well for me.

To my surprise I had zero issues with the Chicane of Death in this one. I think the perspective of VR really helps to get through the exit of the COD, and the center seating position of the X2019 doesn't hurt either. After a solid effort in qualifying P4 on the grid, I was in the lead by lap 6 due to the misfortune of others. Quite a few drivers were spinning on corner exits, this car can be twitchy, but as long as you keep it in a higher gear and manage the throttle, TCS isn't necessary IMO.

I ran a slightly different 9RS-24RM-8RS strategy, figuring I would roast the Softs on the final run. I thought I had the win locked in until the final pit stop. I took on one lap's worth of fuel as a buffer thinking the harder final run would burn more, but it proved unnecessary and just cost me time. I exited the pits 3rd, and managed to get back to 2nd, but finished 10 seconds behind the winner. The winner ended up being the pole sitting who spun out of the lead on lap 2, I guess they had a better strategy or flat out better pace than me. Either way a nice result with 211 points on the board, I guess the low participation worked in my favour.

Full race recording;

I'm thinking there's probably not a whole lot of interest in this upcoming round. I've been running some practice laps and I'm currently sitting in 43rd in the world...way higher than I should be haha.

But this might as well be a snow race with this car on CS tires again :guilty:

Last edited:
Top driver in the whole region got a whopping 315 points. Typically, top point earners are in the 400s. Just goes to show how little participation there was. I feel weeks two and three will be similar.
I don't recall really seeing anyone getting in the 400s outside of the Official seasons. Exhibition season participation in general is lower than the Official seasons since many of the aliens don't compete in exhibition, but yes even considering that, participation was low. I don't expect any aliens to show up for the next round either given how much of a joke it is (which frustrates me to no end because I love the RA272).

Also, P2 in the Americas actually would've had the championship lead with 329 points after winning the 1st slot, but he went again in Slot 2 and still won, but it was only worth 304 points.

Last edited:
I don't recall really seeing anyone getting in the 400s outside of the Official seasons. Exhibition season participation in general is lower than the Official seasons since many of the aliens don't compete in exhibition, but yes even considering that, participation was low. I don't expect any aliens to show up for the next round either given how much of a joke it is (which frustrates me to no end because I love the RA272).

Also, P2 in the Americas actually would've had the championship lead with 329 points after winning the 1st slot, but he went again in Slot 2 and still won, but it was only worth 304 points.

Previous exhibition season had points in the 400s.

1724064131571.png

Has anybody else tried creating a custom race to practice for the next round at Eiger? The AI cars all start on RH tires. When I choose 'Professional' level rivals, they just blast right past me on the first run through the switchbacks. Rubberbanding only starts kicking in around lap 5, so there isn't really enough time to work my way back up the field. Maybe I'm just horribly slow there, but I'm finding that I need to set the difficulty down to 'Intermediate' to have any chance at catching the leader from a P10 starting position.

From what little practice I've done so far, I'm guessing that heavy damage and wall penalties are going to play a big role in the outcome of GT1 races.

Has anybody else tried creating a custom race to practice for the next round at Eiger? The AI cars all start on RH tires. When I choose 'Professional' level rivals, they just blast right past me on the first run through the switchbacks. Rubberbanding only starts kicking in around lap 5, so there isn't really enough time to work my way back up the field. Maybe I'm just horribly slow there, but I'm finding that I need to set the difficulty down to 'Intermediate' to have any chance at catching the leader from a P10 starting position.

From what little practice I've done so far, I'm guessing that heavy damage and wall penalties are going to play a big role in the outcome of GT1 races.
I've tried it, also found it pretty worthless due to the vast difference between Comfort Softs and Racing Hards.

I honestly don't know what Polyphony were thinking with this one. The car feels like it's constantly right on the edge just trying to take the racing line and is liable to spin if the revs get too high, even with some traction control on. The comfort tyres simply can't handle it. I lightly bumped into the back of an AI car coasting around the right-hander where the pit exits and that slight contact was enough to spin me.

Fully predicting it'll be complete carnage on lap 1, and anyone who somehow manages to survive that will do well if they can keep the car out of the walls for 8-9 minutes. I can't imagine there's going to be any meaningful racing out of this. The car's just too fragile in this setup.

I've been practicing for tomorrow's race at Eiger for most of the week. I'm about as ready for it as I care to be. In my practice custom races, once I get out of traffic, I'm hitting laps in the low 1:15s or high 1:14s. I have no idea where that kind of pace will land me in the race, but I feel like the outcome is going to depend more on whether I can survive the chaos than on raw pace.

It is hard to take this race seriously. I'm going to give it a go and just try to have some fun.

If you are going to give it a shot, best of luck! Maybe I'll see you there.

Last edited:
Did the first GT1 slot in Oceania. Loaded as door 9 in top split. Why does qualifying go for longer than the race?

Q12 after failing to find any kind of flow.

The race itself was mayhem. No one was purposely dirty, but these cars are so unforgiving on CS tyres that small mistakes turn into big incidents.

I managed to ride my luck early and avoid contact. By lap 3 I was p7 and had only made one proper overtake.

On lap 5 I got a second overtake done and then on lap 6 p5 spun at T1 and I got another freebie. Finished p5 for 202 points.

It’s definitely a meme race, but if you can stay out of trouble a good result is almost certain.

Gutted I'm missing out on this. Just did a couple of practice laps and it seems like it could be fun / chaos / terrible or all the above at the same time.

Why have PD set up a series for the final bank holiday weekend of the year (sarcastic from me, yes, I'm aware the world doesn't revolve around the UK 😂😂)

I rolled the dice, it went well. I'm out of there!

I started P2 with a 1:14.126 after an unusually consistent qualifying. I have no idea where it came from but I was setting a lot of times that were just getting faster and eventually got pretty close to my personal best.

Mostly uneventful race. I broke a little later than intended at the last bend on lap 2 and grazed the wall allowing the Brit behind me past. I then had a bit of a moment at turn 1 as I couldn't get the car to stop very well (guessing dirty tyres) and nearly clipped the Brit, then settled down and stayed P3 to the end for 213 points. P4 was right up my rear bumper throughout, but never got an opportunity. P1 was about half a second faster than everyone in qualifying and just disappeared.

I literally had no expectations whatsoever coming into this and was thinking I'd likely get murdered on lap 1 or bin it so walking off with a podium has just made my day!

Edit - Also got promoted back up to A+ from this race too. :D

Last edited:
Qualified 9th, finished 6th in my only attempt at this in a low GT1 lobby. The threat of heavy damage put manners on everyone as there wasn't a big pile-up into the first hairpin. I picked up a couple of places at the end of lap 2 when a lunge ended badly for both the lunger and the lungee, and I picked up another place at the 2nd hairpin on lap 5 after the then 6th-placed car went wide. I picked up 123 points for my efforts.

Well today could not gone any better if i do say so myself! I thought i would hate this, it was eventful but turned out pretty good!

I tried to log on the Nations cup R2 race at 1pm, but when the counter reached zero the game glitched and didnt put me into the race. I was like crappola, ok no worries just do some other bits and bobs till 3pm, there was oddly no 2pm slot.

Managed to do some quikish practice laps sitting about 1:14 and 1:15 laptimes repsectively.

Entered the 3pm slot race, GT2 league - high B rank lobby. So with my time I was placed high already like 5th or 6th. Everyone got set for qualifying, I went out of the tunnel and it was already quite busy around the hairpin turns. I had to keep myself consistent to get some good time,s but was trailing another UK driver.

Then after I passed him, I strived to get pole at the qualifier. For some reason the french guy on pole pitted on second to last lap of qualifying and sat in the pits. I carried on for two further laps and managed to push the Honda steadily to POLE postion, I was well chuffed! First time after a while I managed to lead a race again. Woohoo chamon Teehee!!

Onto the RACE! I started off pretty trong leading the race for 3-4 soldi laps with p2 guy, a french racer called J.Milot giving chase quite frantically. Then on lap 4 I fubbed the tunnel pit turn and ran wide and the got past me, so i was sat in p2 rest of the race.
I tried my best ot give chase but he was good driver and managed ot get a decent 2 seconf lead on me. But i didnt care I washappy with P2 and finished strong with a 8sec gap on the previous grid behind us. Got a POLE position reward and cleanest race! YEs chamon!

In reflection, A race I feared would be crap was one of my favourites.

Now onto Round 3!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240824145900.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824150022.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824151357.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824151303.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824150201.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824151427.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824151545.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824151522.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824152717.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824152740.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824152638.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824152922.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824153052.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240824153237.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't like this car, but jumped in before the race to get a feel for the handling and best lines for acceleration and braking. Got a few spot laps in and particularly paid attention to the braking points for the first and third corners, the right handers into the hairpins.

I already felt at home during qualifying and had a door number of 14 but qualified 4th in the end :cool:.

First corner first lap, the pole sitter decided they were very interested in getting to know Barry R. Instant P3. The way that barrier hugs you and forces you to reverse out is brutal :scared:. The two cars ahead were fighting each other but I was a second and a half off them for the first lap or two, but then one of them spun accelerating out of the bottom of the mountain towards the bridge putting me in 2nd.

I hadn't figured on winning but was looking for a top 6. Now halfway through the race I was putting pressure on the lead, and getting a good run out of the pit corner set me up to pass on the left along the back sweeping turns on lap 5.

I ended up winning, first time in a long while, my heart was pounding so fast. I was not expecting that! Maybe this car is ok after all.:cheers:

Might skip today's round, just not feeling it - plus I had other plans tonight. Not to mention that only the best two count, so I'll do my best to attend the latter two rounds.

Last edited:
NA Slot 1: probably the only Nation's event I'll run this season. All A+ except one S driver. Given plate #7, qualified 4th, finished 5th. Awesome race with the guy who passed me.

My racecraft under pressure needs a lot of work, as does my confidence in being in such a high group of drivers. The top three outpaced me by 1.3 seconds (!) a lap in qualifying. Insane lap times.

Good luck to those having a go. Love this combo.

First NA GT1 slot. I was in door #11 in an all-A/S lobby, including @afc5150 (great to see you there!) with 188 points up for grabs.

Qualifying went well. I posted a 1:14.587, nearly a tenth better than my best in Free Practice. That put me in Q5.

gtws-nc-rd2-flying.jpg

The race got off to a fine start. I was just exiting the corner onto the straight as I took control of the car, which created a bit of gap to the cars behind. Everything was pretty orderly through the first lap until we got to the final corner. The P4 car punted the P3 into the wall, which promoted me to P4. The punter was awarded a 4-second penalty for it, so P3 was looking like a definite possibility.

That is, until the P5 car made a move in the switchbacks of lap 2 and got past me. The punter took their penalty and I was back in P4.

I chased the P3 car for a couple of laps, when on lap 4, they went deep on turn 1 and into the wall. A gift for me.

gtws-nc-rd2-gift.jpg

Now in P3, I focused on driving my best laps. The car behind was close and it took a while to build up a decent gap, but managed to do it and take home a podium finish. P3 for 172 points.

I have to say, that's a nice end to the day. I really didn't know what to expect going into this race, but it turned out much better than I thought it would.

Last edited:
7th in top split in slot 1 is definitely my limit, and if last week is any indication, the points are only going to go down. It still floors me that I'm somehow in top split. I hope people are staying away just because of the exhibition season and weird combos... Either way, PD definitely needs to do something different next time, this format is obviously turning a lot of people off.

Has anybody been able to enter Free Practice for the next round at Monza? They have Nitrous/Overtake set to Prohibited and I can't figure out any way to disable it on my garage car. I tried entering with a rental car, too, but those are also rejected because they don't satisfy race requirements.

Last edited:
This has happened before when the SF cars are used. I guess we'll have to wait until PD realize they messed up again and fix it.

Nice seeing you out there last night in Nations, great result for you!

I wasn't expecting much, and the race delivered in that regard and I went Q11 to P11. Didn't have a bad race as such, just didn't have the pace to make up any places, and no one ahead of me made a big enough mistake for me to get by.

That will do nicely 👌 My main account has gone on a major downward spiral so I'm racing today on my ALT account. Pretty straightforward race, the French drivers are so angry they won't even work together to stop me getting away 🤣🤣 Once I cleared the slipstream it was pretty much plain sailing. Finished 8th in my first race so will go again at 2pm to see can I get 2 good results for the day 👍

Edit: 2 on the bounce 👌 Delighted with that

Attachments

• 20240825_113750.jpg
    20240825_113750.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240825_113809.jpg
    20240825_113809.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240825_133736.jpg
    20240825_133736.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240825_133803.jpg
    20240825_133803.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Has anybody been able to enter Free Practice for the next round at Monza? They have Nitrous/Overtake set to Prohibited and I can't figure out any way to disable it on my garage car. I tried entering with a rental car, too, but those are also rejected because they don't satisfy race requirements.
100% pure PD. Like, if someone wanted to sum up PD with one action, this would be it. :lol:

I did try on my AO account and same thing.

Back