GT Academy 2012 (EU) General Discussion

• Thread starter Manuelos
  • 1,584 comments
It's good that they are changing it up, but one week is a bit short considering that one particular week might not suite everyone to play. A 2 week TT would make way more sense. Anyway, looking forward to it.

This is not the principle that bothers me but the fact that the first 7 rounds will do nothing except to train... :guilty:

It's good that they are changing it up, but one week is a bit short considering that one particular week might not suite everyone to play. A 2 week TT would make way more sense. Anyway, looking forward to it.
2 weeks would probably be better. Hopefully everyone on here can make it for that important week and complete the other 7 events to Bronze Standard. I think the way they see it is you have to be committed from the get go.

This is not the principle that bothers me but the fact that the first 7 rounds will do nothing except to train... :guilty:

There might be prizes to compete for in the other 7 events.

OMG! i predicted it to be something like that, though i thought it would be 8 events per week, 7 like licenses where you had to do gold to advance on the next, and the last event would be a time trial, where only some of the competitors would advance on the next round, this trough out the 8 weeks, think it would made more sense.

Limiting the TT to only one week has a backside for me, its cause i can't predict if i'll have that much time to spend in only one week of gaming, and i'm almost sure, times will be insane, since everyone has to put there best effort in such short amount of time.

We'll see what will happen, i think it will go outrageous, still i'm training with a few people from here, and has been such an awesome time and learning, thanks

Ye was some great racing last night in Dessys lounge :), wasn't at my best last night but my god some fun fun racing :)! Rutter was pretty insane last night has to be said! Can't wait for a few more races but it was clean and fun and that's all I want from the racing (O and also to set some times so I can actually look at where I need to improve myself)

It looks like we only have to push hard in the last week of the event... end of June i guess (?) :dopey:

8:30pm Dessy is opening a room guys, had an epic race earlier with dessy and ghostdriver, should come join us its amazing practice!

Yeah racing has been great. Very under the weather at the moment so it's pretty draining to do it for a few hours at a time, but still great fun.

Rutter is showing ridiculous pace these last few days. 2:43.7 around Spa in the 370 with sports hard. Its sick. Definitely the guy to beat at the moment with Ghostdriver right up there as well. Great to have such alien drivers to compete against, it's good motivation to start learning more.

Ye it's amazing, I'm glad we did spa I have hardly raced around it so managed to improve my times round there pretty well this evening. But ye Rutter and Ghost at the moment are showing some bonkers pace :).

We raced many courses, Spa was just the one I mentioned because I've hardly raced on it so its among my weaker tracks, so as we did a few on there it certainly helped me out quite a bit!

Guys I will be on tomorrow if anyone wants to join my lobby (Week off work yay!) for any TTing mainly what im doing at the moment to really maximize the car. Plus if you have any Questions or want any help with anything will be happy to do that :)!

edit: O and rutter I finally beat your time on Cape :), 57.1xx I think a 56 is definitely possible as I've taken 4 tenths off my time at different parts of the lap!

Edit2: O and flo you should be able to add me now :), and anyone else who wants to join my lobby.

Last edited:
That's a very good lap Tid. I don't think I could beat that tbh, maybe with low fuel I could match it. 57.3 was pretty much all I got. That was a great drop In lap time from 58.4 was it?

That's a very good lap Tid. I don't think I could beat that tbh, maybe with low fuel I could match it. 57.3 was pretty much all I got. That was a great drop In lap time from 58.4 was it?

Well I knew 57's were possible as I was up at your T1 time it was just trying to get that T2 right and then general little time on each individual corner from there on but the 58.4 was just a scrub lap I did a few laps a go but was pushing hard, anyhow me and ghost starting doing some TTing, and I found time at the tight chicane (71 maintained throughout) and of course the long sweeping corners, i found that a 5% dab on the brakes gave me much better turn in for the right and maintained well above 110 on it! So it was an adaptation of your little tip to be fair Rutter :)! I'm sure you can get a 56, as you've been on fire every lobby I've been in with your raw pace! It certainly helps though to have a target time as I have never raced at that course before this week at all, I've done some of the smaller versions but definitely a fun track!

On a curious note does fuel have weight in GT5?? I might have just learn something new :D!

GTP_Tidgney, I'm going to add you tonight if that's ok? I'm up for some of these races.

Feel free, happy to TT and Race with anybody from GTP :)!

Good luck guys. (Y)

Cheers Jann! Will you be appearing at the national finals this year :)?

Last edited:
Want to get back in to playing Gran Turismo and actually get used to the wheel once and for all! These online races/time trialling you guys are doing sounds ideal to get back up to speed, I'd be happy to join in.

PSN: Spud_Skills or GTP_Spud (On both a similar amount, dependant on if I'm running WRS)

Looking forward to this... haven't been on the PS3 in best part of a year, let alone GT5, sold my G27 to a mate about a year ago too, so ill be on Sixasis until friday when i can afford to get one, still £180 to buy one. So got some catching up to do! but 7-8 weeks is plenty of time.
New format sounds good and more intresting.

Back