GT Academy 2012 (EU) General Discussion

• Thread starter Manuelos
  • 1,584 comments
I see what they've done with the 8 week thing now. I thought there might have been a cut off for round 1 and 2 as round 3 and 4 started, but it runs up until the end of week 8. So you don't really have to start round 1 until a few weeks to the end to get to round 8. đź‘Ť

Roll on 18:00 BST!

you guys seen this trailer, not sure if it's old news or what but I just seen it and thought I'd share :P.

Like 2010 in Ireland there was 3-4 of seconds between the top 20 so it merged with UK,
There was 1.8 seconds between P1 & P20 in 2010 Eire.
GT Academy 2010

And it was over 2 laps. :sly:
Sony Ireland just dont want the expense IMO.

The number of skilled players is alot to do with population.
1 in 10 players @ GT Academy UK/Eire was Irish
Ireland has ~(Very) Roughly 1/10 of the population of UK.

Last edited:
I like that the rounds stay open, too, so you've got until the 24th of June to gold 'em all. That's a very sensible move on PD's part.

I expect the bronze times to be easy for most DS3 users, so everyone should get something out of it.

Then the real competition begins...

1 hour 16 minutes left

1 hour 10 minutes left

I like that the rounds stay open, too, so you've got until the 24th of June to gold 'em all. That's a very sensible move on PD's part.

I expect the bronze times to be easy for most DS3 users, so everyone should get something out of it.

Then the real competition begins...

Do the rewards carry over to your GT5 game somehow?
Thats awesome

1 hour 10 minutes left

Do the rewards carry over to your GT5 game somehow?
Thats awesome

Apparently so:
If you are able to complete all events in a round to Gold standard, you will receive the car from that round for use in GT5, but even if you manage to just get through at Bronze level, there are special in-game treats to unlock.
Sounds good, and pretty much what people were wanting. Achievement whores that we are... :P

That's from the PS blog, linked to earlier, by the way.

What? It goes Live at 5pm GMT. Daylight Savings or Not It still goes Live in 45 Minutes. Where ever you are in Europe or Worldwide.

What? It goes Live at 5pm GMT. Daylight Savings or Not It still goes Live in 45 Minutes. Where ever you are in Europe or Worldwide.

You sure broseph?

Everyone in Britain right now has their clock on BST(British Summer Time)
BST == GMT +1

My pc clearly says it's daylight savings, the time shown is 16:17. It's releasing in 42 mins guys. :)

Nope you're wrong. It's not up and it goes on later in USA. Like 2 pm CET, check the usa thread.

5 GMT is 7 CET atm.

You sure broseph?

Everyone in Britain right now has their clock on BST(British Summer Time)
BST == GMT +1

I think you're the one that needs to check the Worldwide time my friend. It launches in 40 Minutes. Daylight Savings time automatically changed on my Laptop iPhone etc when it changed couple weeks back. It's currently 16:20pm in the UK right now. Not 15:20pm.

Nope you're wrong. It's not up and it goes on later in USA. Like 2 pm CET, check the usa thread.
Haha, No sir, GMT+1 is british summer time aka BST. The time is now 16:20 in terms of BST. The gtplanet homepage says 17:00 BST. So you're wrong.

Stop arguing, it's 39 minutes, end of.

My god this is making me laugh that someones been living an hour behind since the clocks changed!!! đź‘Ť 23 Minutes to go guys. End of.

I think you're the one that needs to check the Worldwide time my friend. It launches in 40 Minutes. Daylight Savings time automatically changed on my Laptop iPhone etc when it changed couple weeks back. It's currently 16:20pm in the UK right now. Not 15:20pm.

Are you saying GMT shifts an hour for British Summer Time?
Also GMT is incorrect?

Maybe I'm wrong, I will admit I can't be 100% sure.
but it seems it will be released @ 17:00 GMT == 18:00BST

Haha, No sir, GMT+1 is british summer time aka BST. The time is now 16:20 in terms of BST. The gtplanet homepage says 17:00 BST. So you're wrong.

Stop arguing, it's 39 minutes, end of.

No it's not it's saying 17:00 GMT I just checked it 10 seconds ago.

According to the official GT Academy Facebook pages, the game will become available to download in the PlayStation Store at approximately 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time in the United States and 17:00 GMT in Europe. Presumably, official contest rules and eligibility requirements will also be released at that time (this post will be updated with links to the official rules when they’re available).

That's 18:00 BST
19:00 CET.

LooooL

Seems possible I will have egg on my face.

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Stay Safe Brahs...

Nothing like a good countdown

Are you saying GMT shifts an hour for British Summer Time?
Also GMT is incorrect?

Maybe I'm wrong, I will admit I can't be 100% sure.
but it seems it will be released @ 17:00 GMT == 18:00BST

17:00 GMT Time Within the UK. It'll be 17:00 GMT in 32 Minutes. Daylight Savings moves us forward and pushes all standard timing aside. That Date they provided and Time they provided is applicable to the Current Time Zone you are in. So If it's 16:28 Currently in the UK. They It'll go Live at 17:00 GMT 32 Minutes.

Latest Posts

Back