GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
robin2223
Havent finished downloading yet but......the screen caps above show that the video is really "line'y".....whats with all the distortion..is it like that in the vid?

Well its pointless watching it in its default res because it looks horrible, downsize your player to 320x240 when playing it. :crazy:

If you have a modded xbox : Put it on the HD and watch it on the tv. No interlacing.

People without xbox ; try TV out and watch it on your tv. No more interlacing then.

Or you could just resize the window.

tiptopcream
Watching it now :D

- Shimmering - the graphics don't look improved over Prologue
That's not true at all. That's the vid making the shimmering, if you have seen the Nurb vid with a mixture of ingame footage and real life footage, you would see there's no shimmering.

Egghead
If you have a modded xbox : Put it on the HD and watch it on the tv. No interlacing.

People without xbox ; try TV out and watch it on your tv. No more interlacing then.

Or you could just resize the window.
yeah, my Radeon has S-Video output and S-Video cable; my TV has S-Video input - doesn't take a scientist to figure out how to watch videos/movies on TV :)

My old geforce 2 has was it claims in a tv out.....but its an odd shaped scart that different to the TV scart.....I have never found a compatable cable.....annoys me!

You can go here
Download Gran Turismo 4 - Michael vergleicht Strecke und Spiel
real quick, witness some real racers and hear their roaring engines, sounds so good to me. PD really got the sound right and I'm yet to see any shimmering, and I have noticed 1 or 2 jaggies and that was on the guard rail. I doubt they were jaggies. That vid also shows some real life footage.

cobragt
That's not true at all. That's the vid making the shimmering, if you have seen the Nurb vid with a mixture of ingame footage and real life footage, you would see there's no shimmering.

Its not the video, the barriers, grandstand, catch fences and grass have texture shimmer. Just like in GT3, GTC and GT4P, the video looks like the Prologue engine with a different HUD. I would like a glimpse of the supposed improved New York track because I'm not seeing it (improved graphics) in this video.

d/ling the vid noow! at the start of the download, I was downloading at 1500KB/Sec! :eek: 10 times my normal speed! It must be because fo Mozilla Firefox. I'm now down to 195KB/sec :(

I believe you are getting shimmering mixed up with the fields being shown. I didn't see jaggies, just fields and believe me, there were ALOT. Amar, since you have a better judgement of the gt4 demo, does it have shimmering, and jaggies all out in the open when you are playing it on your tv? I forgot how fields are made visible in vids. I might have to ask.

tiptopcream
Its not the video, the barriers, grandstand, catch fences and grass have texture shimmer. Just like in GT3, GTC and GT4P, the video looks like the Prologue engine with a different HUD. I would like a glimpse of the supposed improved New York track because I'm not seeing it (improved graphics) in this video.

the video shimmers itself.

the graphics have improved

Noooooo!!!! it didn't work! the file is only 284 MB instead of the stated 477MB! It says Quicktime cannot recognize this file! I have QT 6.0 pro.

It is not the video shimmering its the game engine. All versions of GT released on PS2 has it, this video IMO looks like Prologue with a new HUD. I would like to see New York because amar said it looked 2x better then the Prologue version. :)

I wasn't really woried about the graphics when I watched the vid..I was mostly interested by the car vibrating on the tarmac. You can see that the car goes through different textures of road. This is a awesome feature 👍 You can now feel every bump on the road..:eek: It would be even cooler if race cars (with their modified suspensions) would have a different feel since the stock suspension was removed...

Noticable shimmering you see is mainly there because of compression.

Of course, the shimmering also exists in the game, but it's not a problem of an engine, but the problem of TV sets.

As the PD is making GT engine code as a doubled vertical resolution all since GT3, some of the lucky people with high-end TV sets that supports both 100Hz and some "high-definition" algorythams (like PixelPlus on Philips, or BlackPixel DRC100 on Sony...) could see the pic with minimised shimmering.

Of course, one would also need an decent RGB cable (scart, or component in US).

As for days to come, I'll do my best to record new video in 16:9 mode of Nurb, some NY comparation vid and Capri driving vid. Calisto is working on finding some compressor that would low-down the video-size, but still maintain the high-resolution and sound quality. Guess we'll finish it in day after tommorow.

I play gt4p, and gt3 in 16:9, I can't play it in 4:3 :D nOob question, I have a zenith HDTV, does that mean it supports 100Hz? I can't wait to see your new vids :) But funny, I didn't see any shimmering in this other Nurb vid I have on my pc. Maybe I wasnt looking hard enough.

amar212

Of course, the shimmering also exists in the game, but it not a problem of an engine, but the problem of TV sets.

As the PD is making GT engine code as a doubled vertical resolution all since GT3, some of the lucky people with high-end TV sets that supports both 100Hz and some "high-definition" algorythams (like PixelPlus on Philips, or BlackPixel DRC100 on Sony...) could see the pic with minimised shimmering.

I don't understand. :dopey: It is my understanding, that to eliminate/reduce shimmering the engine needs mip-mapping which Prologue and this BMW version clearly do not feature.

And cobragt watch this bit

gt4.jpg

amar212

Of course, the shimmering also exists in the game, but it not a problem of an engine, but the problem of TV sets.

As for days to come, I'll do my best to record new video in 16:9 mode of Nurb, some NY comparation vid and Capri driving vid. Calisto is working on finding some compressor that would low-down the video-size, but still maintain the high-resolution and sound quality. Guess we'll finish it in day after tommorow.

Thank You In advance amar212, Ive unsuccesfully tried to download the vid from here 8 times, each time reaching 250+meg before cutting off, the Bit torrent was down to about 1k and an eta of 114hrs ive now discovered the direct link and currently at 9% fingers crossed.

I currently have my PS2 hooked up to my Phillips Matchline 36inch widescreen through the RGB, which is both 100hz (which makes the Image Far more Stable) and also has digital pixel enhancement (pixel plus as you mentioned above), which you can manipulate to your hearts content, And all my PS2 games now look quite incredible, and much less flickery than they were on my old 28inch 50Hz, and shimmering is much less an issue Some was slightly evident In prologue especially TSUKUBA but compared to my old Tv which is now my backup it much less evident, and The new TV has 5.1 sound to boot. BONUS!

Look forward to seeing Widescreen Vid of Nurb, and especially looking forward to A NewYork Vid So I can Compare it to Prologue and see how theyve advanced The graphics.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D I finally downloaded the vid.....jeez it took like 4 hours but its here!!!!......gosh that took some effort :lol: Gonna watch now.....BYE!

Robin

p.s. thanks amar 👍 ......top man!

I am very sorry for all the trouble, everyone. My email inbox is full of notifications of Apache failing all night (which would kill your downloads), and most all correspond to the time of your complaint posts. I will be taking this file off of our download section until I can get the issue sorted out. I will not publish the direct link to the file, however anyone is free to PM me and I will send them a link to it so it can be downloaded with a download manager.

tiptopcream
I don't understand. :dopey: It is my understanding, that to eliminate/reduce shimmering the engine needs mip-mapping which Prologue and this BMW version clearly do not feature.

And cobragt watch this bit

gt4.jpg
Sure that's not a photomode pic :P

Vid looks good....the track looks pretty realistic.......but I don't understand why they don't have some spectators or trackside crew around??.......The 2D wheels look quite good. Im liking the art all over the track....

oh......and shame :( , the BM didn't fly at the jump! :lol:

Looking foreward to seeing capri.....I wana see how these 3D people really look.

PD needs to offically release a Nurb vid, like the sin city vid and the paris vid so the quality can be accurate, I know I didn't see shimmering in the paris or sincity vids. I thought the nurb rocked. Some scenes looked real, I love the writing on the road. Looks so good, and it's very narrow, like the real thing. PD is crazy!!!!!!! Forget GTR.
That BMW was shaking all over the place, I'm impressed with the physics.

Back