GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Maybe we'll have Grindlewald, Eiger, the road between them AND Stelvio Pass. It would seem they're pretty close to each other. Maybe we'll have a combo of Eigar and Grindlewald. who knows.

Maybe we'll have Grindlewald, Eiger, the road between them AND Stelvio Pass. It would seem they're pretty close to each other. Maybe we'll have a combo of Eigar and Grindlewald. who knows.

Whoa, how long this track would be? Also, Eiger don't have pit facilities, so for endurance usage the only possibility would be a combined layout, I can't remember if Grindelwald has a proper pitlane too. :dunce:

But even for short races, that would be an awesome, I mean, realy awesome track to drive, maybe compared to nurburgring in terms of fun.

Whoa, how long this track would be? Also, Eiger don't have pit facilities, so for endurance usage the only possibility would be a combined layout, I can't remember if Grindelwald has a proper pitlane too. :dunce:

But even for short races, that would be an awesome, I mean, realy awesome track to drive, maybe compared to nurburgring in terms of fun.

According to Google Maps Stelvio is about nearly 4 hours away from Grindlewald/Eigar. So, they are relatively close to each other. and It's been a while since we've had Swiss road course. BTW, does anyone think that the Swiss Alps Rally course looks a little like Eigar?

Quick question. Can NASCAR stock cars be raced on fictional tracks? Or only on real world circuits?

I thought I saw a pic of it on the streets.

from what I saw on Google maps, there's only one road that connects them.

@ SrRd I believe NASCARs will be able to be raced at any track you desire. Nurburgring and LeMans were just examples. The E3 Demo saw them at the Top Gear track and Madrid

Quick question. Can NASCAR stock cars be raced on fictional tracks? Or only on real world circuits?

Same answer from the other thread:

If recall, its been said that at the request of NASCAR, the COTs can run on all the other tracks so I'm pretty sure that includes fictional ones.

Thank you all. I found the pic again.

nascarmadrida.jpg

Now off to Seattle Circuit so we can jump out of the track.

NQ07k.jpg

That road, from Kleine Sheidegg to Grindlewald... it's likely to have a bit of road that looks like this, with the mountain shooting up to the right side, while facing that same peak to the NE.

Still, we shall see in the end. Nothing is confirmed. But do yourself the favour of checking those roads out on GE or maps

Thats a a very good news!Thanks so much! 👍

Apparently, in GTHD the Eiger track was specified as Eiger short. There is also 2 coned off sections that appear to lead to a longer version of the track.

Eiger.jpg

You can see the roads I was talking about at the bottom left and the bottom right of the map.

I've noticed in these demos the competition seems a bit more even. Like if you grab a SuperGT car, you race against SuperGT cars, if you grab a NASCAR, you race against NASCARs, etc. Although, we have seen Rally cars racing against SuperGT cars, I hope that this is true for every race in GT5. I'd be awesome to grab the Stealth McLaren, head over to the Sunday cup and race against similar cars...or grab the NASCAR and head over to the FR series and race against NASCARs. It'd make the game a bit more challenging.

It would be tough to hunt down a link, but I am 99% sure that NASCAR specifically asked PD to make their cars playable on all courses. If so, this could be very entertaining. 👍

It would be tough to hunt down a link, but I am 99% sure that NASCAR specifically asked PD to make their cars playable on all courses. If so, this could be very entertaining. 👍

The pic is on the page before. Last post. The track is Madrid. Here is it again.

nascarmadrida.jpg

The pic is on the page before. Last post. The track is Madrid. Here is it again.

nascarmadrida.jpg

Yea, one of those things where I didn't realize how long I had been on that same page. So, when I posted 10 other posts were before it. :dunce:

Regardless, I think this could become some of the more entertaining races in GT. 16 NASCAR cars on the ring at night. :scared:

HN7
I remember someone said in an interview that NASCAR can only race against NASCAR though :indiff: . I hope they don't restrict that in multiplayer too.

That would be logical because other types of car can also turn right.;)

Yea, one of those things where I didn't realize how long I had been on that same page. So, when I posted 10 other posts were before it. :dunce:

Regardless, I think this could become some of the more entertaining races in GT. 16 NASCAR cars on the ring at night. :scared:

Nascar racing on the night is quite mad,the head lights are removed so the car is lighter,if there is going to be a racing in night probably will be in the Yas marina circuit(if is included),the track is really illuminated and will be also a good spot for F1,but have thought more deep and finding myself driving an F1 in nurburgring night will be total suicide,there you have to use the "force".

Apparently, in GTHD the Eiger track was specified as Eiger short. There is also 2 coned off sections that appear to lead to a longer version of the track.

Eiger.jpg

You can see the roads I was talking about at the bottom left and the bottom right of the map.

Here's a pic of Eigar Long.

2nvb449.jpg

NQ07k.jpg

That road, from Kleine Sheidegg to Grindlewald... it's likely to have a bit of road that looks like this, with the mountain shooting up to the right side, while facing that same peak to the NE.

Still, we shall see in the end. Nothing is confirmed. But do yourself the favour of checking those roads out on GE or maps

alps.png

Probably not the same thing, but you can use the coordinates to poke around and see what kind of scenery is in the area.

Last edited:
I don't want to clog up a new thread with thread for this, I was just wondering; are there any videos of the 69 Camaro or other muscle car from the E3 demo?

I've been searching for a while, haven't found a single one.

I don't want to clog up a new thread with thread for this, I was just wondering; are there any videos of the 69 Camaro or other muscle car from the E3 demo?

I've been searching for a while, haven't found a single one.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126823

Racing @ Rome Circuit.

Video #7; Chevrolet Camaro SS racing against other muscle cars. Past and present.

Quite a good video, might I add.

Last edited:
HN7
I remember someone said in an interview that NASCAR can only race against NASCAR though :indiff: . I hope they don't restrict that in multiplayer too.
They are considering having them race against the others, it hasn't necessarily been ruled out that they'll only race against other NASCAR cars in the final game.

That would be logical because other types of car can also turn right.;)

I seriously hope thats just a joke....

Here's a pic of Eigar Long.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvb449.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Doesn't have to because the track was w.i.p. back then, you can also see this Eiger track in the first Ferrari 599 trailer:
[media=youtube]FKhOoc-gMaA[/media]
It's the same route we got later, just without barriers and much more narrow.

Latest Posts

Back