GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Does it really help to make the same posts over and over again? The guy you quoted didnt even mention FM3 and you still bring up permanenet driving aids... And just beacause FM3 has a more arcadey physics doesnt mean you cant compare it with gt5.

LOL, really? have you seen the previews pages, take a look again.

@mr_VOLCANO, because people should really stop comparing these 2 games, cause they are totally different.
They have different features & different view points of how they should be played, but the general idea behind both games is very much the same.

But then again, I'm talking to the guy who can only bring up how awful ISR is & Forza's driving aid.
Was the damage turned off in that video? No tire marks?
You see that clip & all you can mention are tire marks? C'mon mate, you know that's damn well impressive.

They have different features & different view points of how they should be played, but the general idea behind both games is very much the same.

But then again, I'm talking to the guy who can only bring up how awful ISR is & Forza's driving aid.

You see that clip & all you can mention are tire marks? C'mon mate, you know that's damn well impressive.

Are you suprised. He has Forza mentioned in his signature.:dunce:

At first I thought it was only one of the many GT5P screenshots, but then it moved... and, I don't even... wat, how? IQ is off the charts!

GT5: The Real Parking Simulator

Is a joypad a permanent driving aid, by default?

What I mean is a stick is obviously different to. Wheel so certain buffers etc have to be used.

So is it?

What I mean is a stick is obviously different to. Wheel so certain buffers etc have to be used.

So is it?

What game are you talking about?

@McLaren

Seems you never played FM3.

@McLaren

Seems you never played FM3.
I play FM3 quit a bit. Doesn't change the fact it & GT are still competition since they both share the same gameplay.

1 physics flaw doesn't mean suddenly different games. GT has physics flaws as well, still a racing game like Forza.

So is it?

Yes, it is. Because the steering input is buffered as you say. (Is Buffered the correct term to describe gradual input? What I mean is, it's impossible to go from lock to lock in the same time it takes you to move the analogue stick, the game smooths it out)

Also, in the Time Trial Demo, the throttle and brakes were not linear on the Dualshock 3/Sixaxis, which sort of counts as a driving aid (Although it was actually more of a hinderance than an aid, to those who were used to the 1:1 input in Prologue)

I don't think the permenant driving aid in Forza is that much of a problem to be honest... I didn't notice it when I played it. There were more evident flaws to be honest, but let's not get into those because we should be paying attention to GT. Make the comparisons when the game is actually out.

Depends.

i played GTR2, evolution and LFS with everything turned off using a PS3 pad.

I played rFactor with a pad and the steering is much more responsive because the game doesn't smooth out the input. It takes a little getting used to. With a wheel it only applies the steering lock as quick as you can turn the wheel. Which if you have the same steering angle should be the same across both games. Or is there smoothing out of input in GT5 aswell? (Which would also be classed as a permenant driving aid).

Last edited:
Sasuki
Depends.

i played GTR2, evolution and LFS with everything turned off using a PS3 pad.

Well IMHO of course, I would say you are using a permanant driving aid if you use a pad. Due to steering buffers inherantly designed to turn lateral movement in to rotational movement. Also lock to lock in .2 of a second is not real is it.

In summery your games use permanant driving aids. Which we all know by now = arcade games.
Which then in default can't be compared to GT5.

Unless of course you use a pad in GT5 which therefor = permanant driving aid.
Oh that would make GT5 arcade.

Oh bugger.

@McLaren,

Permanent Driving Aid, are not really a flaw, T10 just made that on purpose they said in an interview they want casual gamers who play random arcade racing game to also play FM3, they wanted NFS and grid fans to join FM3,

i own FM3, i played the **** out of it, and its completely different from GT.

the only game that is similar to FM3 is NFS shift without the blurry effects.

Last edited:
Well IMHO of course, I would say you are using a permanant driving aid if you use a pad. Due to steering buffers inherantly designed to turn lateral movement in to rotational movement. Also lock to lock in .2 of a second is not real is it.

In summery your games use permanant driving aids. Which we all know by now = arcade games.
Which then in default can't be compared to GT5.

Unless of course you use a pad in GT5 which therefor = permanant driving aid.
Oh that would make GT5 arcade.

Oh bugger.

Actually, the smoothing out of the steering input is the driving aid. GT has this when you use a pad. PC sims (rFactor, LFS etc.) don't, so there is no driving aid. At least not that I know of.

And that lateral/rotational movement argument is just bs. Because you see, the game sends your steering input as a digital signal through a wire (Or via wireless) to your console/PC... So it doesn't matter.

@McLaren,

lol you really don't what your talking about,

Actually he does. I don't agree with Mclaren that often, but you're going a bit too far, considering your argument is based on your opinion of both games.

Is it ok to feel NFS Shift was a much more fun experience than in FM3 :/

I bought Shift just the other day and my god it feels bad after Prologue. It feels so unprecise and every time I enter a corner it looks like the car is skidding. I also have no feel whatsoever to the car.

The sounds are good though.

@Spagetti69. Seismica

IN FM3 the permanant driving aids are also permanent when using a wheel and thats pretty much annoying when making sudden turns, theres less spin off or Snap Oversteer .

i like Prologue more becasue when using a wheel it feel like you have all the control of your car, i know some of you hate the Snap Oversteer, but i like it because it feel natural just like a real car.

Last edited:
You saying my lateral/rotational movement is bs is abit inconsederate.
Using a thumb to throw your car around a rally track or even an endurance race is not considered an aid. Conpared with the guy manually wrestling with a wheel.

BTW I don't consider your reasoning bs. I have more respect.

@McLaren,

lol you really don't what your talking about
Yes, I do.

Permanent Driving Aid and Active Steering, are not really a flaw, T10 just made that on purpose they said in an interview they want casual gamers who play random arcade racing game to also play FM3, they wanted NFS and grid fans to join FM3,

i own FM3, i played the **** out of it, and its completely different from GT.
Sorry, but it's not. Both games go after the same concept behind them. That's just a simple fact.

1 thing in Forza doesn't change that.

Back