GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
My thoughts on the GT6 list? A mixture of excitement & disappointment, & that's exactly what I expected! :)

Excitement at the thought of driving a premium Shelby Daytona Coupe or Ferrari GTO across the top of Mt Panorama at dusk, ( Cobra Ferrari wars! ) & Im assuming that all the cars with a '6' are premium.

Disappointment at the loss of of the Ferrari F1 cars, the lack of a premium RUF Yellowbird or any other good Porsche substitute in the absence of a Porsche license for that matter ( Singer 911 anyone???? ).

And the real head scratcher? The Lunar Buggy. :( No doubt a priority vehicle over those Ive mentioned & others I guess..........

Lunar Buggy is there for photomode, which has now become an educational device. Astronomy, photography.

Sony could easily market this to schools the world over.

Disappointment at the loss of of the Ferrari F1 cars, the lack of a premium RUF Yellowbird or any other good Porsche substitute in the absence of a Porsche license for that matter ( Singer 911 anyone???? ).
Singer (unlike RUF) is not a car manufacturer, part of copyright remain at Porsche.

The only solution is to take better care of the RUF Cars.
I was really hoping for the inclusion of new models (CTR3, RT12 S, RGT 8, 3800S) and of course as you said in the premium CTR.

Lunar Buggy is there for photomode, which has now become an educational device. Astronomy, photography.

Sony could easily market this to schools the world over.

Schools? Please, this is a video game, not an educational tool. And there's no way it's just photo mode. It's a driving game and it's a confirmed vehicle in the game. Surely there will be some driving event on the moon.

Schools? Please, this is a video game, not an educational tool. And there's no way it's just photo mode. It's a driving game and it's a confirmed vehicle in the game. Surely there will be some driving event on the moon.

Heaps of video games contain mini games. In GTA5, you can play a round of golf, among other things.

In GT6, it seems we have an astronomy simulator, which is what you would usually find in a planetarium. They could easily make an educational tool out of this.

The Escudo Pikes Peak has a special place in my heart as a GT veteran. Even the little-discussed Cultus Pikes Peak from GT2 also has a place, but not in the same league as the Escudo Pikes Peak. N. "Monster" Tajima is one of my personal favorite racers, so I'll be looking forward to racing that electric Monster car of his as well as the Suzuki Swift Pikes Peak (or whatever it's called).

Heh... an all-Suzuki post from me. To break up the Suzuki talk, I wouldn't mind seeing and racing the 2010 Hyundai RMR Genesis PM580. Either that, or Hyundai's newest beast- the RMR Hyundai PM580-T: . Heck... I'd race BOTH of those Hyundais at Circuit de la Sarthe!

@JohnBM01 i feel you on the Escudo, much <3, in GT2 as a kid a friend and I would just demolish races w/ it when we were bored. it was ridiculous. I also felt like it was broken in GT2 lol, like the physics engine couldn't handle it lol. To much power! I am pretty sure it was toned down in GT3 and beyond.

On a side note, as in GT5, there's still not a single vehicle from 1975, the year I was born, which means I won't get a free car for my birthday again this time! Hint for PD: the Lancia Montecarlo, Chevrolet Monza and Volkswagen Polo Mk1 were introduced in 1975. But then again, so was the Gurgel Itaipu! :)

Gurgel_Itaipu_E150.jpg

On a side note, as in GT5, there's still not a single vehicle from 1975, the year I was born, which means I won't get a free car for my birthday again this time! Hint for PD: the Lancia Montecarlo, Chevrolet Monza and Volkswagen Polo Mk1 were introduced in 1975. But then again, so was the Gurgel Itaipu! :)

Gurgel_Itaipu_E150.jpg
It's an obscure, electric vehicle. It may very well have a shot at gettin' in.

Wow, you really just posted that, you're going to have a wonderful time here. God bless.

Oh look, Polyphony Digital caught napping by Turn10 ONCE AGAIN :

Oh absolutely, I mean, only two hundred cars, none of which have truly next gen graphics, isn't an issue, because it's all about being able to open the doors. That's what everyone's been crying out for haven't they?

Seriously, doesn't it annoy you that Forza literally has an entire field of GTE cars, better spread/depth of supercars and LMPs, while GT6 has literally nothing?

Obvious flame bait. GT6 has a lot more depth than Forza. End of GT vs Forza discussion.

Seriously, doesn't it annoy you that Forza literally has an entire field of GTE cars, better spread/depth of supercars and LMPs, while GT6 has literally nothing?

Better graphics for a lot of the cars, arguably better physics, and a lot more cars, all without having to buy a next gen console.

+ not everyone's that bothered about supercar depth to be honest.

You are obviously insecure about the commitment you have made to xbox and forza. Trolling GT may take your mind off things, but it will not change these insecurities.

If a game annoys you, don't play it. It's a pretty simple concept, try and grasp it.

The graphics certainly don't look a generation ahead of current hardware. Too bright, so they try and filter it?

Graphics aren't going to be that much ahead anyways as shown already there is a diminishing return and thus they've probably already hit their ceiling.

As far as the cars go and obvious pointing to Lotus E20 car, it looks good but it sound awful and doesn't even seem realistic to the V8s in F1. As I said when I first saw that trailer it seems as if the car never could or does reach 18,000 rev limit.

GT and FM are obviously becoming quite different games, this trend has been visible for some time. That's good, although the heavy-handed branding and walling-off of the ecosystems is bad for those who have one system but prefer the other game. But that's capitalism in practice.

The more we support the "war", the worse it'll get. I expect DLC will be very important for both games, in terms of the cars offered, and hopefully neither game takes the piss on that front.

Back