GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
Very glad to see the XJ220. Hopefully it’s a sign that more Jaguar models are on the way, such as the XKR from the late 90s/early 00s, as well as the XKR from the late 00s/early 10s. Maybe even the XJR-15.

Heck, I even think adding the I-Pace could be fun, especially if we get a one-make race in the vein of the real-world I-Pace Trophy, even if it’s in the form of a mission.

I just wish the SV version of the VGT was a hybrid, so that it could be a much more contemporary Gr.1 option in addition to the Group C racer. Seeing how we got both the VGT SV and a third version of the VGT in GT7, maybe there’s hope yet that we could get a variant of the VGT that could actually go into Gr.1.

Last edited:
Very glad to see the XJ220. Hopefully it’s a sign that more Jaguar models are on the way, such as the XKR from the late 90s/early 00s, as well as the XKR from the late 00s/early 10s. Maybe even the XJR-15.

Heck, I even think adding the I-Pace could be fun, especially if we get a one-make race in the vein of the real-world I-Pace Trophy, even if it’s in the form of a mission.

I-Pace is most likely - Kaz thinks we want SUVs

Last edited:
I'll go with the cars being quite a bit more expensive than estimated in the front-page post. The post-launch 2018 Nissan GT-R GT3 is 600,000 Cr., 150,000 Cr., or 33%, more than its 2013 counterpart (and most of the other Gr.3 cars). That level of inflation would make the AMG 600,000 Cr. (and it could be higher - the Aston Martin DBR9 is 800,000 Cr. and the 2018 Ford GT Race Car is 1,000,000 Cr.), and the SF23s would be north of 1,300,000 Cr. (the SF19s are 1,000,000 Cr.)

As for the Jaguar, I'd be surprised if it goes for less than 7 figures.

I-Pace is most likely - Kaz thinks we want SUVs
I think there’s a lot of potential for SUVs/cross-overs, like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat, or the new Ferrari Purosangue.

Let alone other automakers, like the Porsche Macan or Cayenne, Lamborghini Urus S, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Maserati Levante, Bentley Bentayga, Ford Bronco Raptor, and a Toyota with a TRD Pro label on it. (Oh, and that Mitsubishi SUV that’s gonna bring back RalliArt.)

That’s not mentioning the potential for additional pickups, too, namely the Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 and the Dodge RAM Rebel.

I’m honestly a little surprised that in the real world, there hasn’t been more racing between all these SUVs. But in GT, I’d really welcome a new event meant for SUVs/cross-overs.

Last edited:

Yeah, Jag is one of the brands that needs a little more fleshing out in GT. Personally, I hope we get something like the XE SV, or even the Project 8.

Yeah, Jag is one of the brands that needs a little more fleshing out in GT. Personally, I hope we get something like the XE SV, or even the Project 8.
I’d say the same of Aston Martin to some extent, but especially McLaren. They could benefit from getting the new 720S and its GT3 variant, as well as the Speedtail, the Senna, and the P1 that isn’t the GTR. Not to mention other neat stuff like the PHEV Artura, the Saber, etc.

Anyway, to be more on-topic, I really hope we finally get new missions in this update. But even if we don’t, I’m still highly curious as to what the new engine swaps and Extra Menus could be this time. My bet is that we’ll see an Extra Menu featuring at least one of the cars in this update - perhaps a “Modern GT3” menu that has you collect the new AMG-GT3 Evo, the Audi R8 LMS Evo, and the newer Nissan GT-R GT3. Or, they could be something entirely different, like the Ford GT menu we got last time.

Personally, I think a “Le Mans 2016” would be perfect, as we already have three LMP1 racers from that year’s event between Audi, Toyota, and Porsche.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong:

Jaguar plans to put the V12 engine from the competition proto XJR (Le Mans one, maybe the XJR-9) into the engine bay of the XJ220. At the first show, Jaguar presents a V12 XJ220.

In the future in GT7, a good idea to reborn a swapped XJ220 with the XJR-9 V12...

I'd just be greatful for some actual RACES... not more of this start at the back of a 16 car field 30+ seconds down in an over powered car (even if you stick to the pp recommendatiosn/requirements) and play catch up by breezing past virtually the entire field to have a 2-3 corner "battle" with 1st place.
More grid starts, more laps against a field where you are making less than 1 second per lap gains to get to the front and where mistakes matter so you're not just handed 1st place on a platter and the event never gets done again.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Jaguar plans to put the V12 engine from the competition proto XJR (Le Mans one, maybe the XJR-9) into the engine bay of the XJ220. At the first show, Jaguar presents a V12 XJ220.

In the future in GT7, a good idea to reborn a swapped XJ220 with the XJR-9 V12...
The only hang-up I have with this is that PD might cut off the standard engine's top-end potential in order to justify swapping it. Other than that, I'm all up for it.

I'd just be greatful for some actual RACES... not more of this start at the back of a 16 car field 30+ seconds down in an over powered car (even if you stick to the pp recommendatiosn/requirements) and play catch up by breezing past virtually the entire field to have a 2-3 corner "battle" with 1st place.
More grid starts, more laps against a field where you are making less than 1 second per lap gains to get to the front and where mistakes matter so you're not just handed 1st place on a platter and the event never gets done again.

I think this chase the mouse approach is in GT7 because of the AI. If there were grid starts with the current AI, it would be hard to lose. When (and hopefully) Sophy comes to GT8 and replaces the AI, I'd expect we'd have no more of these chase the mouse "races" which are essentially long overtake missions.

The post-launch 2018 Nissan GT-R GT3 is 600,000 Cr., 150,000 Cr., or 33%, more than its 2013 counterpart (and most of the other Gr.3 cars). That level of inflation would make the AMG 600,000 Cr. (and it could be higher - the Aston Martin DBR9 is 800,000 Cr. and the 2018 Ford GT Race Car is 1,000,000 Cr.)
Counteroffer: the 2015 Audi R8 LMS is 800,000cr, and its 2019 Evo development is 450,000cr :D

Counteroffer: the 2015 Audi R8 LMS is 800,000cr, and its 2019 Evo development is 450,000cr :D
Probably has to do with the historical significance of the cars. BTW, can't remember what the 2015 Audi did over the 2019.

The GTE Ford GT is 1.000.000, despite being a Gr.3 car where most cars are at 450k, because it won it's class at Le Mans in 2016.
We can argue the same reasoning for the Group 1 cars that cost 3 million rather than the standart 1 million.

The Audi R18 Tdi 2011 is 3 million because it not only won Le Mans, but it won it in style, all on it's own against the surviving 908s Pugs. IIRC the 2nd place 908 was even on the same lap.
The 919 Hybrid from 2016 also won Le Mans and again, in a very dramatic fashion, arguably the most dramatic race win of all time in Le Mans.
The GR010 was the first Hypercar to win not only it's class, but also the WEC championship, and it won (at the time it was added to the game) Le Mans twice. So, a multiple Le Mans winner much like the 919 and also the R18 Tdi.

Can't be too sure, but they are more expensive for likely that reason. I doubt it's totally random.

Last edited:
Probably has to do with the historical significance of the cars. BTW, can't remember what the 2015 Audi did over the 2019.
Well, the 2019 car won the Nurburgring 24 Hours, so probably not that :lol:

†As did the 2015 car††, fact-fans!
††And the 450,000cr Black Falcon AMG GT3 won it in 2016...

Last edited:
Very sad I know but I'm interested to see how flashing the lights work on XJ220. The covers should drop down to reveal the headlights if I remember right.

Not that excited for this month's update. XJ220 is a nice addition but really couldn't care less for the others. Why have a GTE car when there are virtually no rivals for it?

2020-Mercedes-AMG-GT3-and-GT4-from-above.jpg
I think the orange on the left is the version of AMG GT3 evo we get. Nice match with the dtm theme from last updates audi.

Last edited:
Back