GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
I hope the XJ220 has a widebody and custom parts to turn it into the XJ220S.
ed2a80613fc8e282f4ebca831e4568ce70ef07d4.jpg

That'd be smashing!
I'm optimistic about that, Minus the wide body option.

it'll probably be more akin to the aero options the 959 had.

I need this please.

I was going to bring that up. I hope that there will be a good aero package for this car. I know we will not see the actual racing car however, a good set of custom race parts would do nicely for "offline" or Lobby where a class is not specified.
I still would like to see a way to do reclassification of road cars turned full racecar in to a group for at least the normal game play. 💁‍♀️
As was done in GT1.

It will not me add the quote but, the last time a NASCAR went to LM24 it did not go so swimmingly for it. Or at least as I remember it. Maybe they will get it right this time.🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Rotation thats why.

Why doesnt the lcd just have all the cars in their respective brands like brand central.
Because of the Hagerty collaboration. These cars are rarer and don't come up for auction as often. The same reason the UCD doesn't do it. Although these cars are more abundant so they cycle through more often.
This GT7 is getting really boring, too few tracks, dumb AI, best to just press delete.
1. In your game library, navigate to the game you want to delete.

2. With the game selected, press the Options button on the controller. Choose the game you want to delete and press the Options button.

3. Select "Delete." Confirm your choice by selecting "OK."

Your welcome! :D

Because of the Hagerty collaboration. These cars are rarer and don't come up for auction as often. The same reason the UCD doesn't do it. Although these cars are more abundant so they cycle through more often.

1. In your game library, navigate to the game you want to delete.

2. With the game selected, press the Options button on the controller. Choose the game you want to delete and press the Options button.

3. Select "Delete." Confirm your choice by selecting "OK."

Your welcome! :D
Instructions unclear. I deleted all games, except GT7.

I agree as it’s the officially unveiled ‘19’ available ‘20’ AMG GT3.

What are the differences between this ‘EVO’ and the 2/3?
If you mean what's new with Evo , you can read this

People seem to use the S15 TC instead for that purpose given the shape seems to be close enough to a 90s Gen 4 stock car.
For a modern stock car, I’ve been using the Gr.3 Mustang Road Car, as the aero parts help it resemble the Next Gen car, and the interior gives it a race car look.

People seem to use the S15 TC instead for that purpose given the shape seems to be close enough to a 90s Gen 4 stock car.
It must be mixed, then. For online racing Ive been seeing mostly the Rampage and Camaro ZL1 used as bases.

I personally haven’t seen the S15 as much. What time of day are you seeing them ran?

Ironically, the Plymouth Superbird is almost never used, despite having a stock car based on it.
I think it’d be best not to add an actual NASCAR racer, but instead add that Camaro that NASCAR is entering in this years’s LM24. It’s tuned so it can do more than just ovals, and plus it has functioning headlights.
Almost forgot it existed. The racing would worry me though because it probably produces much more downforce than a normal Cup car would.

If PD ever decides to go with this, it would be nice if they gave the option to get rid of the canards at least. Ballast and power restrictor can cover the rest. Hopefully.

Glad to see the XJ220 back. Thankfully I have enough credits to get at least 2.
If players want to recreate the 1993 24H LeMans, they’ll need three. For the 1995 entries, they’ll need four.
From wikipedia
Three works XJ220-Cs were entered in the 1993 24 Hours of Le Mans race, in the newly created Grand Touring Class. John Nielsen, David Brabham and David Coulthard won the GT class, beating Porsche by two laps; the other two cars retired, both through engine failure. However, the class win was revoked when the Jaguar XJ220-C was controversially disqualified for failing to run with catalytic converters.[72][73][74][75] The Jaguars had passed scrutiny and completed the first day of qualifying when senior steward Alain Bertaut complained that Jaguar were not running catalytic converters. The cars had been entered under the IMSA GT category and Bertaut claimed that they needed to run with catalysts.[39] The cars ran in the race under appeal. International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) officials wrote to the Automobile Club de l'Ouest(ACO) (English: Automobile Club of the West), organisers of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, confirming that the XJ220-Cs entered had complied with IMSA rules. Jaguar won their appeal (supported by the FIA) but were nevertheless disqualified, as the ACO confirmed that the appeal had not been lodged in time.[39]

Four cars were entered in the GT1 class for the 1995 24 Hours of Le Mans, two by PC Automotive Jaguar and two by Chamberlain Engineering, though the latter did not run their cars. Neither team had Jaguar or TWR backing; both of PC Automotive's cars were outpaced by the new McLaren F1 GTR.[76] Richard Piper, Tiff Needell and James Weaver were holding fourth position until an engine failure during the night, ending their race, whilst the second XJ220-C retired after leaving the road.

For those that don’t know or need a refesher

What to expect in engine performance, of the turbos

I can confirm this. We used them in a lobby at Northern Isle recently to simulate the Bristol dirt race. With reduced downforce and CH tires they drove pretty good and could get a little slideways. Everyone used a different Nascar livery. There are many to choose from in the Showcase section.

Last edited:
God I hope not. People have just gotten somewhat used to the 1.31 physics.
I'm not sure familiarity should be a reason to keep them the same if they're less realistic and less fun than what we had before. Ideally they would've been perfect at launch but they've been tweaked pretty often already.

Counteroffer: the 2015 Audi R8 LMS is 800,000cr, and its 2019 Evo development is 450,000cr :D
Here's hoping that's the trend, but that would be a break from what has happened to the post-launch race cars compared to their launch-day bretheren. There really are only two semi-direct examples; the Audi R5 DTM is 200,000 Cr. more expensive than its 2016 GT500 cousins.

On the other hand, the Subaru BRZ GT300 is the same 450,000 Cr. most of the other Gr.3 cars are, though it relies more on downforce than the "spec" Gr.3 cars, and it is the only GT300 car, modern or otherwise, officially in the game.

For those that don’t know or need a refesher
Sorry, just wanted to chip in that I'm not a fan of Doug's car reviews.

He gave incorrect information about the vents behind the s2000's seats and completely misunderstood the point of the Nismo 370z. I gave him two chances and hated both videos. (Obviously if people enjoy watching him then that's all good, this is just my opinion)

Not that I don't appreciate what you did about spreading word of the car though so thanks for that! 👍

(I watched this one a few months ago)

Can't wait to drive it in game!

Last edited:
Man, this was such an easy month to guess it's a wonder why he bothered with the silhouettes.
It's a tradition. If he didn't post the silhouettes, people'd complain about it. Some people were already going nuts because Kaz took a little bit longer to post them 😂😂

Last edited:
The 1.31 update with the new PP system, allowed me to finally race Gr.1 cars at Sardegna propperly.
However, it still gets stale after retrying that race, and Spa hundreds of times.

Please, add a good, difficult to beat, Championship with at least 5 to 10 races. It can't be too much to ask. We have enough tracks to almost replicate the SF Championship:

Fuji
Suzuka
Autopolis

And then just add two others from Asia, High Speed Ring and Mount Panorama, and we have a non-licensed SF Championship to have fun with. Make it 30 laps each race or something as well and give it a good payout for winning the championship to help the new players grind without getting bored.

Back