GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
So you were fine with three Real BMWs then?
Now that you mention it, it is a bit strange to have the two M6 GT3s pad out the car list as unique cars when they're just different liveries and a set of lights and vents that could have been a customization option in GT Auto.

Especially when there are plenty of other race cars in the game with different "factory" livery options and GT Auto parts.

Last edited:
2020-Mercedes-AMG-GT3-on-track-in-motion-1.jpg

Please explain how this is a GTE.
You're absolutely right. My ignorance definitely showed up on this one 🤣 When I saw AMG and the GT3 moniker I assumed it was the new touring car to go up against the Huracan GT3, Ferrari 296 etc.

Now that you mention it, it is a bit strange to have the two M6 GT3s pad out the car list as unique cars when they're just different liveries and a set of lights and vents that could have been a customization option in GT Auto.
Probably so liveries of both cars could be ported over from GTS without issues. Had GTS allowed body modifications I suppose these two would've never been two separate cars in the first place.

I can't wait to try them both, the XJ and the Merc, i had so much fun alone allready with the Black series at Le mans, steady, fast, and sounds like a plane with the headphones on, not a real Merc fan, but it did surprise me in the game.
For the XJ i have so much love, I had 3 posters above my bed as a kid, the Diablo, the XJ220 an d the F40.
F40 as the Favo ( maby because i did a few hotlaps passenger ride back in the days when i was a kid on zandvoort, due to a period of extreem sickness )

But the XJ was second place, underrated car still today!

Especially when there are plenty of other race cars in the game with different "factory" livery options and GT Auto parts.
Because usually when they do this, there are minute differences with interior objects, body panels, performance, etc. that designates these as truly different cars.

The SuperGT GT500 cars from GT5 and 6 are great examples of this.

Literally claims that all Mercedes did was "Facelift the Headlights"

The original 2015 model:

mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-666972-s-original.jpg

2020 Evo:

2020-Mercedes-AMG-GT3-on-track-in-motion-1.jpg

Not sure how you really classify that as just "Facelifting the headlights".

And what makes his complaint bizarre is that quite literally at present, there is only 3 truly "New" GT3 cars while the majority of the Field is literally Evos and a Mclaren (As well as that one stubborn team that continues to field the Aston depending on what series you watch). Hell, the GT World Challenge Asia is set to have, Gasp, another Evo courtesy of 2022 Super Taikyu Champions Team 5zigen and their 2022 Nissan GT-R GT3 Evo.
Fact of the matter is though, that both are iterations of the same FIA-GT3 homologation entry, so nothing major was changed in the car. The same is true for the R8 LMS '15 & LMS Evo '19.

E.g. the recently homologated Huracan Evo 2-package however, runs under a new entry number, so the car was changed in a more significant way. (I believe in that case it has something to do with the new airscoop on the roof)

The Nissan GT-R '18 also runs under a separate entry from the '13 model.

So, while every new car in game is good, I also would have wished they had put their efforts into a brand new GT3 model (Vantage, 720S, M4, 911 GT3, 488/296) instead.

Because usually when they do this, there are minute differences with interior objects, body panels, performance, etc. that designates these as truly different cars.

The SuperGT GT500 cars from GT5 and 6 are great examples of this.
The M6 interiors are identical. They have identical HP and weight figures and aero. GT Auto exists to allow us to modify exterior car parts.

Fact of the matter is though, that both are iterations of the same FIA-GT3 homologation entry, so nothing major was changed in the car. The same is true for the R8 LMS '15 & LMS Evo '19.
And that's where I find fault in his complaint: Somehow its "Lame" that PD included an evo model of a car that is already in the game, yet he seemingly has no complaints about the Audi R8 LMS Evo '19 which in effect is the same thing yet has been included in the Day 1 lineup of a car that is both in this game AND GT Sport (and it makes his statement of "Taking one real Corvette over 3 Real Mercedes" Look sillier when there has been 3 Real BMWs since GT Sport.)

That and I find the comparison to the many GT-R variants in GT4 to be beyond ridiculous when the number isn't even remotely close.
E.g. the recently homologated Huracan Evo 2-package however, runs under a new entry number, so the car was changed in a more significant way. (I believe in that case it has something to do with the new airscoop on the roof)

Huh, was not aware the Roof intake was all it took to make it a new entry.

Last edited:
Man, Yes!! One of the most beautiful cars ever made comes to GT7!! Great news. Now I just miss the Ferrari FXX, 360 Modena (CS), AMG CLK-GTR Road-Car and the Bugatti EB110 ! (is the Diablo actually in the game?)

Last edited:
Man, Yes!! One of the most beautiful cars ever made comes to GT7!! Great news. Now I just miss the Ferrari FXX, 360 Modena (CS), AMG CLK-GTR Road-Car and the Bugatti EB110 ! (is the Diablo actually in the game?)
It is, the Diablo GT to be precise.

And that's where I find fault in his complaint: Somehow its "Lame" that PD included an evo model of a car that is already in the game, yet he seemingly has no complaints about the Audi R8 LMS Evo '19 which in effect is the same thing yet has been included in the Day 1 lineup of a car that is both in this game AND GT Sport (and it makes his statement of "Taking one real Corvette over 3 Real Mercedes" Look sillier when there has been 3 Real BMWs since GT Sport.)
It's not my place to interpret what he meant, but I would assume something like that it would be nice to have one actually existing Corvette when there are already several Mercedes available, so another one doesn't add that much to the game. In principle, I think I would agree, although I'm not sure that I would put the Corvette at the top of the list currently, when there is only a C8 GTE version and the actual C8 GT3 is not racing yet. The fact that there is no "real" C7 in game is maybe due to the fact that those were developed by Callaway, not Chevrolet itself.
Huh, was not aware the Roof intake was all it took to make it a new entry.
Having the roof intake probably means they moved some radiators or other cooling, so could be a quite significant change.

The absence of a "real" Corvette race car is down to a lack of a licence from Pratt & Miller - who don't appear interested in licensing the Corvette Racing cars to Gran Turismo any more, since the C5.R in GT3/4 (and subsequent games using the same car lists).

But I guess we're in the traditional "day-before" update period of bemoaning what we don't have.

The M6 interiors are identical. They have identical HP and weight figures and aero. GT Auto exists to allow us to modify exterior car parts.
Whats weird beside of the same values for hp or aero, suspension etc. Both have diffrent pp, only minor but it is a diffrents. Cant be only the naming 🤔

Awesome to see the XJ220. I'd love to see some Supercar shootout style Daily Races (I'm sure they could tweak BoP to make this work). XJ220 vs McLaren F1 vs Diablo GT.

Awesome to see the XJ220. I'd love to see some Supercar shootout style Daily Races (I'm sure they could tweak BoP to make this work). XJ220 vs McLaren F1 vs Diablo GT.
Heh, you think PD would let us drive the F1 for free? :sly:

Yeah, Jag is one of the brands that needs a little more fleshing out in GT. Personally, I hope we get something like the XE SV, or even the Project 8.
Project 8 would be excellent 😎
If we're talking Jag I'd like to be able to purr around Trial Mountain in an XK8 or even cruise Grand Valley in an old Mark 2 with a special Withnail & I paint/patina makeover 😄

Very sad I know but I'm interested to see how flashing the lights work on XJ220. The covers should drop down to reveal the headlights if I remember right.
I love the subtle animations in GT, always have. They're all really cool now. Active aero, pop-up headlights, glowing brake discs....it's all part of the magic for me. Those replays have always been such a huge aspect of playing GT. Learning where the 'cameras' are so you can flash your lights through a corner....ahh brilliant game!

The absence of a "real" Corvette race car is down to a lack of a licence from Pratt & Miller - who don't appear interested in licensing the Corvette Racing cars to Gran Turismo any more, since the C5.R in GT3/4 (and subsequent games using the same car lists).
Weirdly enough, the C6 Z06/ZR1 RM (a welcome addition to Gr.3, imo) does have a Pratt & Miller logo on the rear:
d5c8bd0-b845f146-f701-4651-9810-b1505b55bacc.jpg

Latest Posts

Back