GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
Sorry, just wanted to chip in that Doug is one of the biggest idiots I've seen on the internet when it comes to car reviews.

He gave incorrect information about the vents behind the s2000's seats and completely misunderstood the point of the Nismo 370z. I gave him two chances and hated both videos. (Obviously if people enjoy watching him then that's all good, this is just my opinion)

Not that I don't appreciate what you did about spreading word of the car though so thanks for that! 👍

(I watched this one a few months ago)

Can't wait to drive it in game!

Couldn’t find a Hagerty one. So, dropped those three.

Will be interesting to see what side the steering wheel is on. Guess the wipers indicate RHD.

Last edited:
I can name a few Silvia generations and versions that would be nice to have in GT7, so I’d say bring them on. Great sports cars whose reputation has been ruined by fixtation on drifting.
It's a cheap (in terms of resale value, not personal value) car, also RWD. Unfortunately, it's doomed to go the slippy sliddy route.

Not that excited for this month's update. XJ220 is a nice addition but really couldn't care less for the others. Why have a GTE car when there are virtually no rivals for it?
2020-Mercedes-AMG-GT3-on-track-in-motion-1.jpg

Please explain how this is a GTE.

I mean, if you’re an offline player, you buy a few AMG Evos, R8 Evos, a couple ‘18 GT-Rs and ‘17 RC Fs. Pick a GT3 race series and go with that.
Use the AMG Evo in the current Gr.3 events. See how many AI you can pass on the first lap with it, as per normal. Plenty to do with it. :sly::lol:

Here's hoping that's the trend, but that would be a break from what has happened to the post-launch race cars compared to their launch-day bretheren. There really are only two semi-direct examples; the Audi R5 DTM is 200,000 Cr. more expensive than its 2016 GT500 cousins.

On the other hand, the Subaru BRZ GT300 is the same 450,000 Cr. most of the other Gr.3 cars are, though it relies more on downforce than the "spec" Gr.3 cars, and it is the only GT300 car, modern or otherwise, officially in the game.
The RS5 being more expensive can easily be due to it being a further developed version of the 2016 GT500 machines. Remember, 2019 was the first year the DTM cars got the 2.0l turbo engines.

Even if there were a GTE car in this update, the Ford GT, 911 RSR and the somewhat Gr.3 Supra Comcept(which is based on GTE regulations) pretty much qualify. Add the Gr.3 Corvette for good measure.
The Viper is also a real GTE car, the oldest of the bunch in fact.

Anyway, the Merc is kind of a lame choice given that it's basically already in the game and there are PD-concept versions of several other cars that have real-life counterparts that need to be added.

Last edited:
Anyway, the Merc is kind of a lame choice given that it's basically already in the game and there are PD-concept versions of several other cars that have real-life counterparts that need to be added.
Tell that to the FIA GT3 that have Evo cars around , i welcome all of these and i want more GT3 updates like Huracan Evo etc

up-to-date GT3
Right, but it's literally the same model of car. I think Merc facelifted the headlights. Meanwhile, the Corvette isn't real, the NSX isn't real, the Ferrar is like three generations behind now, etc etc. There were much better candidates. Let's hope they add the Corvette GT3 and Mustang GT3 next year since neither of their interpretations are even real models.

Last edited:
The Viper is also a real GTE car, the oldest of the bunch in fact.

For me, if we’re not going to get any type of new manufacturer, I’d rather it be the updated model of the same car.

As an example, here, in Australia, the older GT3 cars are in a Trophy class. I’m glad we have the 2019 R8, 2018 GT-R and now this AMG Evo. Not sure what it would have taken for PD to scrap the GT Sport GT3 line up and model all new(I guess new, in PD speak, are cars from 2019->current), GT3 & Gr.3 cars. They paint themselves into a corner each time with what they do. Including as many manufacturers just to get them in, may be good for players that want to see their favourite brand represented, but it takes Away from actual cars that could be in the game.

I don’t know, Man. Do we really need 40 Gr.3 cars, when PD BoP only a handful to be competitive in Manufacturer online play? I guess since not many people play Sport Mode, then it’s good to have so many choices.

Do we really need 40 Gr.3 cars
No, but if we're going to then I'd rather have one real Corvette instead of three real Mercedes. It reminds me of the GT-R saga of GT4.

Right, but it's literally the same model of car. I think Merc facelifted the headlights. Meanwhile, the Corvette isn't real, the NSX isn't real, the Ferrar is like three generations behind now, etc etc. There were much better candidates. Let's hope they add the Corvette GT3 and Mustang GT3 next year since neither of their interpretations are even real models.
Mate that's what Evo means , updates to the existing platforms what do you expect? lol

also NSX GT3 is real and that needs a Evo update aswell

The car in the game is a PD concept car, it's not a model of the actual car, just like the Corvette.
It is based on actual Honda NSX '17 that PD made into a Gr.3 and Gr.4

might not be accurate to the real GT3 but still it serves the same purpose

this might a good time to make that NSX GT3 Evo that will be accurate and up to date

Last edited:
No, but if we're going to then I'd rather have one real Corvette instead of three real Mercedes. It reminds me of the GT-R saga of GT4.
So you were fine with three Real BMWs then?

Also by your logic, then the Audi R8 GT3 EVO is just the "Same" car as the 2015 one and likewise, the Huracan GT3 EVO (Likely, the first) would also be "The same car" as well.

Last edited:
Ok so it sounds like because it is not the current GT3 model that YOU want its a bad addition to the game then?

Ok so it sounds like because it is not the current GT3 model that YOU want its a bad addition to the game then?
Literally claims that all Mercedes did was "Facelift the Headlights"

The original 2015 model:

mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-666972-s-original.jpg

2020 Evo:

Not sure how you really classify that as just "Facelifting the headlights".

And what makes his complaint bizarre is that quite literally at present, there is only 3 truly "New" GT3 cars while the majority of the Field is literally Evos and a Mclaren (As well as that one stubborn team that continues to field the Aston depending on what series you watch). Hell, the GT World Challenge Asia is set to have, Gasp, another Evo courtesy of 2022 Super Taikyu Champions Team 5zigen and their 2022 Nissan GT-R GT3 Evo.

Last edited:
Also the Corvette C7 Gr.3 is like 95% of the actual Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R with livery based on Corvette C7.R

Eventually we should get at least the Corvette C8.R which is close enough to the upcoming C8 GT3.R

I don't think will ever get the real c8r team corvette race car there seems to be something going on with pd and team corvette cause noted how there are no real C-R cars in the game no.

C5R
C6R
C7R
C8R

?

Last edited:
Literally claims that all Mercedes did was "Facelift the Headlights"

The original 2015 model:

mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-666972-s-original.jpg

2020 Evo:

Not sure how you really classify that as just "Facelifting the headlights".

And what makes his complaint bizarre is that quite literally at present, there is only 3 truly "New" GT3 cars while the majority of the Field is literally Evos (and that one stubborn team that continues to field the Aston depending on what series you watch). Hell, the GT World Challenge Asia is set to have, Gasp, another Evo courtesy of 2022 Super Taikyu Champions Team 5zigen and their 2022 Nissan GT-R GT3 Evo.
Wow, I never really paid that much attention but even I didn't realise how much of a difference there was between models. Yeah your right, the while front end is completly different!

I thought will get the real c8r team corvette race car there seems to be something going on with pd and team corvette cause noted how there are no real C-R cars in the game no.
C5R
C6R
C7R
C8R
?
Well C7.R is in the game (sort of) the last time i checked :D
as i said above C8.R eventually , those older ones most likely they will need to be redone

Last edited:
To be honest, this update has me extremely excited with the inclusion of the XJ220 and the AMG Evo. I just hope that there is a body option in GT Auto that allows the placement (or removal) of the front foglights for once

Back