GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
You tell me how all they did was "Facelift the headlights", which was the point I was making and elaborated on in the post above. So what if looks wise its had little done on the outside, clearly it wasn't just a lazy Headlight redesign like the Renault Clio RS in Sport was (because those little RS checkered foglamps totally add at least 50 HP over the previous model:lol:)
Okay, so AMG also changed the grille, and some aero apparently. I believe it must have a lot of detailed changes that are hard to see.

One car takes about three months to make, so what car they choose to make takes up a lot of resources. And all that for a car that is the same in a lot of areas as a car that’s already present. My wish wouldn’t be more diverse GT3 cars per se, but there are still so many cool cars that aren’t in the game yet. For example, the EB110 or the Mitsubishi Eclipse, or the cars that the post before this mentions.

Last edited:
PD for whatever reason define "events" as the event category, rather than as an individual race event themselves.

It leads to misleading information a lot of the time to be honest, as everyone expects it to be the latter rather than the former. I would be very surprised if we just had a singular race. More than likely it'll be 3, as every event tends to get.
Autopolis, Fuji and Suzuka are good bets.

Hopefully not. It reads like 'Super Formula' is the new event type being added, and that it's being added to "World Circuits," plural. I'd expect events on Fuji, Autopolis, and Suzuka at least.
World Circuits is just the name of the mode with the world map and all the tracks, that's why it's capitalized. I don't think it'll be a single event (would be ridiculous even for PD standards) but technically it would still fit.

The 911 RSR is a real GTE car, not sure how you could forget about that extremely successful car.
It's not a GT3 car though; the GT3 car was the GT3 Cup (then the GT3 R) which retained the rear-engine layout while the RSR was famously mid-engined.

Ultimately the "gaps" and missing brands are all down to licensing. The Corvette, as noted earlier, hasn't ever been in the game as a car newer than the C5.R (which ran from GT3 in 2001 all the way through to GT6). It requires a separate licence, from Corvette Racing - Pratt & Miller - and isn't covered by any agreement with Chevrolet; for some reason Pratt & Miller and PD can't come to an agreement (the C5.R somewhat proves that each brand knows the other exists...).

Other brands may have exclusive agreements with other titles. It's likely that Kunos sweeps up a lot of GT3 cars under ACC - the official game of the GT World Challenge - and that could be why we have basically three "new" GT3 cars (and a handful of older cars) in GT. I suspect they've specifically licensed GT3 cars outside the scope of the SRO, which is why the real ones are N24 cars (and winners) and GTE from IMSA/ACO. There's still "gaps" there if that's the reason, but just because the 488 GTE is licensable it doesn't mean Ferrari (or AF Corse) are willing to do so at the right price.

No matter what we say, there'll be cars PD just can't get hold of - such as one American brand which values itself highly despite not having any particular laurels on which to base that, and which has spoken openly about not being in GT because the price isn't right for them.

Okay, now I see you're definitely pulling my leg. The 911 RSR is a real GTE car, not sure how you could forget about that extremely successful car.
Only problem, for authenticity sake, it's mid-engine. PD haven't given us a proper rear-engine GT3-category 911 GT3 R, real or fantasy. For sure Gr.3 jumbles them all together.

Generally speaking an “Event” refers to the encapsulating event card with individual races inside. I’m not aware of any in GT7 that have started with having less than three. In fact it was mostly that way even all the way back in GT Sport except for maybe a few of the endurance cards when they were first added.

There should be at least three races in the event card, probably using the three tracks they race IRL, but Kyoto or a Tokyo layout round wouldn’t be surprising either.

…Unless the whole point you were making that they’ve only gone about adding one event card…

…Then yeah. That’s kinda just par for the course now. Adding more racing content is the easiest thing for them to do to expand the game and yet it feels like they’re touching it the least.

Generally speaking an “Event” refers to the encapsulating event card with individual races inside. I’m not aware of any in GT7 that have started with having less than three. In fact it was mostly that way even all the way back in GT Sport except for maybe a few of the endurance cards when they were first added.

There should be at least three races in the event card, probably using the three tracks they race IRL, but Kyoto or a Tokyo layout round wouldn’t be surprising either.

…Unless the whole point you were making that they’ve only gone about adding one event card…

…Then yeah. That’s kinda just par for the course now. Adding more racing content is the easiest thing for them to do to expand the game and yet it feels like they’re touching it the least.
images

We are a multitude of ducks, waiting for larger, more substantial breadcrumbs.

It's not a GT3 car though
Only problem, for authenticity sake, it's mid-engine. PD haven't given us a proper rear-engine GT3-category 911 GT3 R, real or fantasy. For sure Gr.3 jumbles them all together.
Who cares? GT's Gr3 - like all of their categories - isn't based on real-life rules, it's simply a collection of representative cars BoP'd to be competitive and allow casual players to roleplay as their favorite manufacturer. I'm as excited as anybody to watch the GT3 category blossom from 2024 onward but I don't understand why everybody here is demanding GT3-reg cars when that was never the point of GT's categories. I hear constant complaints about Vision GT cars, yet players gladly race a VW Beetle with a wing on the back...there is no consistency in that logic. That would be like complaining about a real-life (i.e. authentic), race-winning Porsche because the regs allowed them to move the engine to a different spot. Hopefully they never include the 911 GT1 and slap it in Gr3 alongside the F1 GTR or I imagine this whole house will burn down. I'd be pretty excited myself because I find this era- and reg-mixing to be a really interesting fantasy category that never happened.

I understand all the licensing issues but that's not the point here. The point is that players apparently do not care about broad representation and care more about GT becoming some sort of official GT3 simulator which it definitely isn't and was never meant to be. If we all hate fake cars then we should be pushing PD to spend the dollars on hard-to-get licenses rather than just add facelifted versions of whatever cars are already in the game, leaving a slew of quasi-VGTs which players conveniently forget are completely fabricated.

Last edited:
Is it now the standard skin when entering deep forest for any event or only for the olympic time trial?
Just the Olympic time trial, or at least the Olympic banners didn't show up in a normal World Circuits time trial.

Last edited:
Who cares? GT's Gr3 - like all of their categories - isn't based on real-life rules, it's simply a collection of representative cars BoP'd to be competitive and allow casual players to roleplay as their favorite manufacturer. I'm as excited as anybody to watch the GT3 category blossom from 2024 onward but I don't understand why everybody here is demanding GT3-reg cars when that was never the point of GT's categories. I hear constant complaints about Vision GT cars, yet players gladly race a VW Beetle with a wing on the back...there is no consistency in that logic. That would be like complaining about a real-life (i.e. authentic), race-winning Porsche because the regs allowed them to move the engine to a different spot. Hopefully they never include the 911 GT1 and slap it in Gr3 alongside the F1 GTR or I imagine this whole house will burn down. I'd be pretty excited myself because I find this era- and reg-mixing to be a really interesting fantasy category that never happened.

I understand all the licensing issues but that's not the point here. The point is that players apparently do not care about broad representation and care more about GT becoming some sort of official GT3 simulator which it definitely isn't and was never meant to be. If we all hate fake cars then we should be pushing PD to spend the dollars on hard-to-get licenses rather than just add facelifted versions of whatever cars are already in the game, leaving a slew of quasi-VGTs which players conveniently forget are completely fabricated.
It's not about who cares. The point was PD are adding up to date cars, from the current list that are now 10 years old. Especially cetain generation models being missed. I don't mind if PD widen the fenders of the C8 to make a faux Gr.3 C8.R, like what they did with the C6 Racing Modifications(that's just me). I don't mind if PD take the latest M4 and make their own Gr.3 & Gr.4 versions(that's just me). It's mainly about up to date cars. Whether they are real or the Gr.3 versions, is a step under players wanting current body shapes represented.

I imagine someone at Hyatt looked at Yas Marina's Hotel overlooking the race track, took a hard look at Fuji Speedway as well as its surrounding Geography (what with that big Mountain and all) and thought "Hey, this could work".

Or in simpler Terms:

1682568086740.png

"Fuji Speedway appears to have had an environment update."

Why? Who's idea was it to put an ugly building in front of a sacred volcano 🌋

I get it. That's probably what it looks like in real life but, 😮‍💨
But, not on Google Earth 🤔
The view of the volcano is far more valuable for the hotel than for the racetrack. That’s why.

PD for whatever reason define "events" as the event category, rather than as an individual race event themselves.

It leads to misleading information a lot of the time to be honest, as everyone expects it to be the latter rather than the former. I would be very surprised if we just had a singular race. More than likely it'll be 3, as every event tends to get.
Autopolis, Fuji and Suzuka are good bets.
Besides Fuji we might get a Suzuka race aswell , as i think they might be following the SF23 calendar

next race on the calendar is Autopolis 19–21 May after that Sugo in June

Last edited:
Hopefully the patch notes will have some surprises, such as adding the ability to select a car for custom races & arcade races as we had in GT Sport or fixes to the PSVR2 HUD adding yellow flags & leaderboards.

Not sure if the PSVR2 displays the warning for upcoming maintenance, since the updates for GT7 usually occur early in the morning for me.

Latest Posts

Back