GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
Now that it looks like PD is spending time going back and adding layouts that already exist in the game such as Nurburgring Sprint, Nurburgring Endurance, Catalunya GP Layout (No Chicane) & Catalunya GP National Layout, it's highly likely that they would also add Suzuka Circuit West to that list, which was last seen in GT4. Tsukuba Circuit Short would be another possibility.

Last edited:
There's nothing from Kaz's Twitter account, and since we know the SF23 cars are coming, that means no update this week. That blows my prediction of a 4/20 update up in smoke.

I don't peruse the datamined list, so my generalized Predictions 2.0 looks something like this (beyond the confirmed SF23 cars):
  • A UCD car (though it's possible it could be a 2001-2010 and available in both Brand Central and the UCD at a discount - we haven't had any of those post-launch)
  • A Hagerty's car
  • 2-3 new menu books/race events, 1 involving the Super Formula cars (since we haven't had any this year)
  • A couple of additional "standalone" World Circuit races, more likely if there's only 2 new menu books
  • 2 new extra menu collections
  • No new tracks/layouts (since we had new layouts last month)

We got pics of both “engines” when the car(s) debuted in GT Sport.

I wonder what's going on with that olympic virtual series that was meant to have a qualifier around this time of this month? I was sort of interested in that...

I wonder what's going on with that olympic virtual series that was meant to have a qualifier around this time of this month? I was sort of interested in that...
It seems pretty clear that the reskinned track (a regular track with special Olympic signage, like last time) will appear during the update - probably on April 27 - to get the event underway.

You'd have to think the XJ220 is imminent, what with PD previewing it before Christmas to journalists. Plus we've had a number of 80's/90's supercars in recent months. The XJ220 & EB110 are pretty much the only absentees.

You'd hope there will be a dedicated Super Formula series.

I feel it's about time for at least one or two returning cars in this update. If you check the facts, returning cars are not making up even 20% of the new cars added if you put all the updates together, and I honestly thought it would be a 50-50 thing back in March 2022, especially with all that nostalgia embracement that GT7 first aimed for.

Suzuki Cappuccino
Suzuki Escudo
Nissan Skyline Silhouette
Nissan Silvia K's 1994 (this one is kind of a retuning one, since we never had this spec)
Nissan Skyline KPGC110
Nissan Silvia K's Aero 1996
Toyota Celica ST205 Rally Car

...and that's it. Only 6 (or 7 if you count the S14 Zenki) out of the 41 cars added until now are retuning ones. I honestly thought they would be around 15 to 20 at this point.

Look like a bunch of cars Returned to game, in The car list. Unless, I’m misunderstanding you.

Look like a bunch of cars Returned to game, in The car list. Unless, I’m misunderstanding you.
Think he meant from post-launch updates only.

Yes, I'm referring only to post launch updates. This 41 car count I mentioned is the total number of cars added after release, and out of these 41 cars, not even 20% are returning ones. This is the exact point I'm criticizing.

Last edited:
I would love a cool street circuit. We have just Tokyo. Would love something like Rome, Las vegas, san francisco….so many from gt4
Is it my imagination or did we used to have New York as a street circuit (can't remember if it was GT or Forza}. Whichever it was, it weas a cool circuit

Is it my imagination or did we used to have New York as a street circuit (can't remember if it was GT or Forza}. Whichever it was, it weas a cool circuit
New York was added in GT4, at the time I believe Forza also added it in there game. Though from Kaz conversations lately doesn't seem will get any street circuits soon, because of the difficulty creating them.

There's nothing from Kaz's Twitter account, and since we know the SF23 cars are coming, that means no update this week. That blows my prediction of a 4/20 update up in smoke.

I don't peruse the datamined list, so my generalized Predictions 2.0 looks something like this (beyond the confirmed SF23 cars):
  • A UCD car (though it's possible it could be a 2001-2010 and available in both Brand Central and the UCD at a discount - we haven't had any of those post-launch)
  • A Hagerty's car
  • 2-3 new menu books/race events, 1 involving the Super Formula cars (since we haven't had any this year)
  • A couple of additional "standalone" World Circuit races, more likely if there's only 2 new menu books
  • 2 new extra menu collections
  • No new tracks/layouts (since we had new layouts last month)
Hehe

Terrible joke aside, I'm gonna guess the 27th is when the update arrives solely based on my luck at the moment (that and the fact that I have a Dental appointment that day, so this falls square in line with Life attacking me with a steel chair from behind).

Hehe

Terrible joke aside, I'm gonna guess the 27th is when the update arrives solely based on my luck at the moment (that and the fact that I have a Dental appointment that day, so this falls square in line with Life attacking me with a steel chair from behind).
If your dentist starts asking you if it's safe, RUN!

Ftsi9chWIJYqapb.jpeg

I have a Dream

Meanwhile, we’re still waiting for the predecessor:

Back