GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting for the predecessor:
Whynotboth.avi

for real tho, we're closing in on Saturday. Get those LFA requests predictions in people!

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for a physics update next week to fix what was broken in the last update. If that isn't possible I'd be happy to see controllers and wheels split into seperate lobbies for sport mode so they can run different tyre multipliers and everybody get a fair race.

PD could show this:
GTWS 2023.
Olympic Games Time Trial.
Toyota Gazoo GT Cup.
SuperFormula Championship in World Tracks.
Endurance races.
5 new cars.
Sebring, and for the Olympic time Trial: exclusive original track.

Last edited:
I wonder what's going on with that olympic virtual series that was meant to have a qualifier around this time of this month? I was sort of interested in that...
April 27th - May 7th.

The original qualifying dates were removed from the Olympics page a few weeks ago. They've now been updated with these new dates, but for whatever reason this hasn't yet been published on the GT website.

How to participate​

The Olympic Esports Series 2023 qualifying rounds for Motor Sports Event will take place online from April 27th – May 7th. Drivers will compete for who can set the fastest time in an online time trial challenge on a track with bespoke Olympic Esports Series look and feel. The track is exclusively available in Gran Turismo™️ 7 and will put your driving skills to the test.
To participate in the Motor Sport qualifiers, you need a PlayStation®4 or PlayStation® 5 and the Gran Turismo™️7 game.
The best-ranked drivers of the online time trial will be invited to take part in the first-ever Olympic Esports Week from June 22-25, 2023 in Singapore.

I would just like more Missions - not drifting or drag racing though.
It's been way too long since the last Human Comedy ones were added.

I would just like more Missions - not drifting or drag racing though.
It's been way too long since the last Human Comedy ones were added.
Indeed!, that Human GR.3 at Maggiore was one of the best races, i had so much fun and had to push hard for an hour to win it, was a blast, we need more of those

I think the april update should bring some further adjustments to the tire physics. In particular, IM and wet tires need to last a bit longer in moist conditions.
Also, the insane behaviour of the AI in the wet needs to be addressed. Their silly tire changes when going from wet to dry make the Spa 1 hour and Le Mans 30 minute races uninteresting.

There are a few special edition GR Yaris models that could be fast-tracked into the game due to the Toyota brand partnership.

GRNM Edition

Ogier & Rovanpera Editions

Some may consider these duplicates, but I think they're worthy models in themselves. I'd also like to see some tuner cars return.

Mines R32 GT-R

Mines R34 GT-R

Last edited:
Sugo vibes, Man. I mean, Mazda Fan Day is held at Sugo each year, but would be a nice inclusion. Especially, if it’s in a build for fans to play before the update. :sly:

Haven’t seen a new Gr.4 in a minute. Aston, Audi, BMW, McLaren, AMG, Porsche, all have new GT3 & GT4 machines. We have the Audi R8 Evo GT3. The GT4 R8 would make sense. Just got an Audi last update, might as well double it up. ;)
Alpine would probably require a GT3/Gr.3 car, unless, PD do what they did to Bugatti.
New GT4 Lotus?…. nope.

Haven’t seen a new Gr.4 in a minute. Aston, Audi, BMW, McLaren, AMG, Porsche, all have new GT3 & GT4 machines. We have the Audi R8 Evo GT3. The GT4 R8 would make sense. Just got an Audi last update, might as well double it up. ;)
Alpine would probably require a GT3/Gr.3 car, unless, PD do what they did to Bugatti.
New GT4 Lotus?…. nope.
With superformula coming i would not expect any other racecars beside them, its proably between 2-3 road cars alongside the superformula cars, Jaguar xj220 would proably be good one to predict as it was confirmed being scanned some time ago, but With cars added last 2 month its been harder predicting whats coming as we dont have the updated datamine list,

What is the probably that the real track number two in the comunity wishing list (Sebring) could be arrive this thursday ??

Last edited:
What is the probably that the track number one in the comunity wishing list (Sebring) could be arrive this thursday ??
The last two updates have had a new track and new layouts so the more likely scenario is no new track at all. The last few track additions going as far back as the last GT Sport one have all been american tracks so it's possible they scanned it back then too.

With superformula coming i would not expect any other racecars beside them, its proably between 2-3 road cars alongside the superformula cars, Jaguar xj220 would proably be good one to predict as it was confirmed being scanned some time ago, but With cars added last 2 month its been harder predicting whats coming as we dont have the updated datamine list,
We had a couple updates where the race cars outnumbered the road cars(Skyline & Maserati, Suzuki Gr.3 and Escudo, GR010 & Rampage[more track than hiomologated race car]). Sure, recent updates have been one race car, but still possible to see race cars outnumber road cars.

SF23 (x2, new)
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '09
Nissan STAGEA 260RS AutechVersion '98

Twin Ring Mobility Resort Motegi

At least one of these is true, I have no idea. :lol:

Back