GT7 April Update Discussion

• Thread starter PuffelPizza
  • 719 comments
That Rockstar, who's game is barely playable online because of all the modders and cheaters? The Rockstar, with their shark card prices and insane prices for everything in-game, where you need to grind to buy and tune one regular car? PD, please, don't take notes from them.

I still like how people compare GT7 to Rockstar somehow , total nonsense - also Be Careful What You Wish for
The old "this can't be that bad because this other thing is worse" logic amuses me as well. The reality is that even if something else is done worse that doesn't excuse the first thing for being bad. It's a bit like saying "that guys ok really because this other guy murdered twice as many people."

Obviousely an extreme example, but the logic in the same.

At the end of the day, GT7 was released in a state the displeased a lot of players and few of the games faults as at launch have really been addressed in the year + since then.

I still like how people compare GT7 to Rockstar somehow , total nonsense - also Be Careful What You Wish for
Yeah, PD becoming more like Rockstar is a significant monkey's paw moment. After all, I don't think anyone wants to see the advent of GT7+, the monthly subscription service featuring a 10% boost to payouts, a weekly 6-star ticket and a 20% discount on microtransactions, do they?

Yeah, PD becoming more like Rockstar is a significant monkey's paw moment. After all, I don't think anyone wants to see the advent of GT7+, the monthly subscription service featuring a 10% boost to payouts, a weekly 6-star ticket and a 20% discount on microtransactions, do they?
exactly , i know few who wanted Season Pass and Battle Pass in GT7 ...

I feel like I'm playing a different game to everyone else when they go on about it feeling more realistic.

I've not played a single other sim or iteration of GT that feels even remotely as bad as GT7 does right now. I must be missing something.
I can only assume anybody saying it's more realistic is playing on a wheel and the physics are totally different to what I'm feeling on pad. Otherwise I don't understand, I watch actual racing quite a lot and sometimes you see cars spin and slide when they're not on the power, that is impossible on the game as things are right now.

I have no experience on GT7 at the moment but whatever is happening with the controller, surely can't feel worse then playing GTR2 on Keyboard (Not one of my better ideas), or playing ACC with Joycons :lol:

My advice to anyone attempting to do either:

please-dont-do-that.gif

I can only assume anybody saying it's more realistic is playing on a wheel and the physics are totally different to what I'm feeling on pad. Otherwise I don't understand, I watch actual racing quite a lot and sometimes you see cars spin and slide when they're not on the power, that is impossible on the game as things are right now.
I've played it on both, unfortunately, and wheel feels like it has the exact same problems that pad does. The issues I feel are inherently part of the physics rather than through inputs.
Wheel honestly feels a bit nastier to me this update because the tendency for understeer means you have to absolutely crank it round in order to make some turns, which is pretty tedious to do ad nauseum.

I don't know what other people are comparing it to because when I play ACC I'm not fighting to make the car turn at every corner, and the car will communicate to me if I overdo it.
GT7 at the moment just feels like it sticks (way too much to the point the car doesn't respond properly) and when the car 'kicks out' it just suddenly slides laterally rather than having any form of actual oversteer.

I used to play iRacing on controller back in ~2016 or so before I got my first wheel, and to me that felt like a better experience than GT7 does on controller or wheel right now. Ditto for ACC on PS5 right now (though haven't tried it on PC, I imagine the PS5 version has better controller support).

Last edited:
Now that it looks like PD is spending time going back and adding layouts that already exist in the game such as Nurburgring Sprint, Nurburgring Endurance, Catalunya GP Layout (No Chicane) & Catalunya GP National Layout, it's highly likely that they would also add Suzuka Circuit West to that list, which was last seen in GT4. Tsukuba Circuit Short would be another possibility.
Le mans moto

I just meant as far as triple A titles releasing content and living up to expectations or at least matching the previous titles quality. And weekly events, bonuses etc.
Soon as you think they have a cycle, they dont have an update, or dont drop a silhouette on a sunday as expected, or dont release any mew swaps-
Kaz's roadmap is a fold up stuffed under the seat of his car that smells like farts and covered some trendy coffee brand stains from pulling over after swerving for a squirrel or some

There is no comparing physics by any means. Drop down menu customization has always been meh-

tuning ability, and vinyl/livery editors, and a large list of customization options like body kits and wheels; has always been the key in a successful race/sim game. Had alot of fun in the midnight club la dub edition days. The open world environments!

I do think the people that play fake traffic etc. should go play on the highways of los santos-

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
We know for sure the two open wheelers will be in the update. And likely a host of small fixes.

I would expect that the update will come after the last GTWS on the 22nd. Given that they bunched the GTWS in such a short time frame this time around. So said the 27th?

Besides the cars and the series of races that will accompany them would be the Toyota GR cars and races that have also been announced. The ones where we get a livery for entering. Yay 😐

As for any other extra cars or tracks I doubt it. ( Where's my 454 Chevelle PD! ) But, I digress.

Optimistic side, CODA in Texas and that track in the UAE would be a great touch to go with those open wheelers. And maybe they change the prize car for "Honda race cars" extra menu to the SF23 car. That's a long shot as the amount of people that have already been paid the SF19.

But, I don't have connections that feed me inside information, just woman's intuition based on how PD has been since GT5.

Looks like I was off a day. 🤷‍♀️

About time. Maybe GT7 will become playable again.

And yes, GTA is more realistic. Gran Turismo lacks the Warr Acres Police pulling folks over for drag racing down US 66. At least in GTA there are police to follow you. You can even (censored due to differences in ratings) and flip other drivers see more...

Last edited:
I just meant as far as triple A titles releasing content and living up to expectations or at least matching the previous titles quality. And weekly events, bonuses etc.
Soon as you think they have a cycle, they dont have an update, or dont drop a silhouette on a sunday as expected, or dont release any mew swaps-
Kaz's roadmap is a fold up stuffed under the seat of his car that smells like farts and covered some trendy coffee brand stains from pulling over after swerving for a squirrel or some

There is no comparing physics by any means. Drop down menu customization has always been meh-

tuning ability, and vinyl/livery editors, and a large list of customization options like body kits and wheels; has always been the key in a successful race/sim game. Had alot of fun in the midnight club la dub edition days. The open world environments!

I do think the people that play fake traffic etc. should go play on the highways of los santos-
The visual customazion is actully very good in gt7, its far better than any other track racer yet in this aspect

The visual customazion is actully very good in gt7, its far better than any other track racer yet in this aspect
Yeah the livery creations are honestly the most immersive i've seen yet, you can create almost exact replicas atleast visually of almost any car you want.

OT: Hoping this update comes with cars other than the SF23s as while they will be fun they have even more limited use than regular Gr.1 cars.

Back