GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,268 comments
I know it's probably a big waste of time, but nevertheless, it's a good feeling when you achieve a lofty goal. :D

I'm not really into self-promotion, but it seems like almost an obligation to post this here.
I would expect the same from you all.
Thanks for posting. THIS IS AMAZING. YOU ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD. 👏

Gr4 GV is a blast, the races I have had today, 3 of them, have been clean and people seem like they want to race as opposed to shunting you off 😀 I’m at 1.58.159 so far which is good for top 5 starts and I feel there is much more time there to be had, going to sit on this one all week!

Also no interest in Gr3 RBR but good to have some choices of gr2/3/4
I've had the opposite experience - two races today, got rammed off in both of them (twice in the first race!).

Three races at Suzuka, all very clean - more laps though, so I expect people are a bit more patient. Plus the field gets spread out more too.

Forgot to say, Jann Mardenborough (GT Academy winner) is driving the blue Mustang in P2 in this picture from yesterday at Silverstone. This is the rolling start before the start/finish line - in true Gran Turismo style he went wide at turn 1, and came back on track in P5. Finished in P3 after sharing the drive with Jimmy Broadbent, another GTer! :-
20240825_171556.jpg

To clarify, I don't think PD acts on advice, but on (relatively) large scale negative publicity. Hence the quick fix of the Sambabus bug. I don't think they make decisions based on what individual influencers think, but if most top GT7 Youtubers have similar negative reactions to a certain type of race, and said videos combined get hundreds of thousands of views, then I believe it influences how PD will choose dailies in the future. I hope I'm wrong though, but we haven't had any serious low-grip tarmac dailies since the RA272 one. To me, that indicates a causal connection.
I don't understand how you are choosing your correlations. The Honda RA272 race was an oddity, we scarcely get events like that to begin with, we only did because it was a tie-in for the Nations Cup.
Not only that, it was like two weeks ago. There's barely been ten events for you to make a judgment about their decisions - and events using cars like the RA272 are probably in the single digits out of a pool of hundreds. There is absolutely no connection.

I've had the opposite experience - two races today, got rammed off in both of them (twice in the first race!).

Three races at Suzuka, all very clean - more laps though, so I expect people are a bit more patient. Plus the field gets spread out more too.

Forgot to say, Jann Mardenborough (GT Academy winner) is driving the blue Mustang in P2 in this picture from yesterday at Silverstone. This is the rolling start before the start/finish line - in true Gran Turismo style he went wide at turn 1, and came back on track in P5. Finished in P3 after sharing the drive with Jimmy Broadbent, another GTer! :-
View attachment 1384243

Yeah I guess GV will be a mixed bag depending on how the race evolves, I still expect to be shunted at every corner so is a bonus when they don’t 🤣

Silverstone looks amazing! Good ole classic racing, can’t beat it! Cadwell park is near me so we get to some events here and there 👍

Yeah I guess GV will be a mixed bag depending on how the race evolves, I still expect to be shunted at every corner so is a bonus when they don’t 🤣

Silverstone looks amazing! Good ole classic racing, can’t beat it! Cadwell park is near me so we get to some events here and there 👍
Yes, GV seems a bit short at 4 laps - hadn't spotted I was on the last lap until I crossed the finish line!

Been going to Silverstone for 60+ years - this classic event means I get to see cars racing that I saw racing when they were new 😂

I am ANNOYED.... Kinda knew what was coming but was hoping it wouldn't and at first, it seemed like it didn't but then, it did... 🤔 😂 Bit of a riddle for you lol. I am, of course, referring to the scummy driving which predictably dominates Grand Valley.

Started in P11 (which surprised me, thought I would be starting higher with my current QT) but anyway. A gaggle of cars in front get all sorts of messy and I get to P9 on the bridge at the end of Sector 2, with 4 other cars in front fighting hard. I pick the inside in the tunnel and get twarted by 3 drivers, sending me into the barriers and facing the wrong way.

Damage, dirty tires and dead last when I was hoping to exit the chicane in P7... 😵 I caught up to a small pack by mid-Lap 3 but again, sent to hell on purpose and finished in P14 😡😖 Also, wow some of the qualy lap times for Race B this week are insane! Fully-expecting to drop from P4xx to P1xxx by tonight or tomorrow 😂

1724691309400.jpeg
1724691316714.jpeg

1724691334222.jpeg

I think I love and hate Race C at the same time. It's hard work, those cars are beasts to drive, and so hard to string together consistent laps. It felt like my hardest earned result ever to start P11 in a race with 7 A+ drivers, and bring it home 4th with a line of four cars close behind. A satisfying result, but not sure I'm ready to face the challenge again.

My first race of the day wasn't so good, I learnt Suzuka does have pit lane penalties on the pit entrance, despite no obvious line to avoid crossing.

Suzuka Circuit__1.jpeg

Attachments

• Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg
    Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2
So, I just tried a B race, for the first time. I used the Audi TT.
I gained 4 positions, so I think overall, it's decent.
It has good speed, and does well in the medium and high speed turns.
The only negative that comes to mind, is that it has a hard time exiting the slow turns. Both in terms of grip, and power-on understeer.
I assume the other F/F cars would be about the same.

Last edited:
Oops, I meant I can only use the RSR at Red Bull Ring. I'm having fun at Suzuka in the Honda Group 2 car. I got a fast time of 1'54.075. It's not my overall best and I can do better. I really do not like the esses at the beginning before entering Sector 2. I tend to lose my rhythm and lose a bunch of time there. Lol, I'm at the bottom of my friends list as usual. But that's fine. The part after you go under the Bridgestone thing is a pain too, the dreaded U-turn. And don't get me started on the next Sector where the double left turn is, one wrong move and you're in the sand trap.

And after you pass the Panasonic/Dunlop banners, here comes the final killer turn before the finish line, I mess it up 50% of the time and hit the colored tires. A sure-fire pain in the rear end.

@brockie So will you do any Suzuka races this week, or not?
I don’t think I’ll have the time for any race C this week, I’m back at work tomorrow.

But I might dip into race A come the weekend, kinda like having two races each week and I think I have a decent time enough in race B, 1.57.8xx, doubt I’ll improve on that and race A should see me race around the back of the field, as is my competency on RBR with Gr3

Last edited:
I've been waiting for GV and here it finally is, and luckily for me it's Gr4 Hard.

The first race I was starting P2. As the grid got formed, I saw some smear on the lenses on my PSVR2, so I decided to wipe them clean real quickly. For some crazy reason they shut off, and when they came back on, the headset asked to do another room scan. Figures. When the scan was done, headset on, I was dead last of course. Managed to get up to P7, so not too bad.

Second race I started P1, and in T1 there was a touch with P2. Racing incident, and we kept our positions, so no harm. He was fast, and there was another touch a few corners later, but he let me pass, so all good.

Next race we had another battle, again, very tight but no contact this time, and we exchanged some compliments after the race.

All in all I did 4 races, and gained DR in all of them. I fully expect to loose them later in the week of course.

The QT is around 1.56.3 with a 1.55.8 optimum. I found that -5 BB at the first few hard brake corners is best, then -1 in the double left, back to -5 on the bridge, and then +2 for the chicane. It's fiddly, but pays off.

Oops, I accidentally entered Race C after qualifying in the Meta car (I always like to choose something else to race) It was an easy win, helped immensely by P1, 3 and 4 crashing at various stages.

This was the first race I've tried with SIM Dashboard, on a cheap phone I bought. It was interesting watching the tyre temperatures - it took almost a full lap to get up to temperature after pitting for new tyres.

1919080cf9593-screenshotUrl.jpg
PXL_20240826_195833151~2.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think I've found another bug or maybe a way to dodge BoP.
As usually I went for Race C today, and tried out different cars. At some point I figured out that the GT-R Nismo '18 works best for me. So I did a 1:49,919 in qualifying, and just before a race started I changed livery and checked oil, because just in case it's worn out... And of course it was worn out.
However... Since I've changed oil and livery, I'm not even getting close to my qualifying time. And yes, I know that qualifying and race isn't the same in terms of pace...

edit: speaking of a 0,7 second gap.

So what do you guys think about this?

Last edited:
I agree with Brockie. I'm not touching any Suzuka races as 11 laps is too long and tedious. However I'm qualifying there for fun. See we already have a Group 2 Lap Challenge. So there is no need for me to tackle Suzuka anymore than I have to. I clocked a 1'53.811 so that's not sufficient enough anyway to get a pole time.

I've been waiting for GV and here it finally is, and luckily for me it's Gr4 Hard.

The first race I was starting P2. As the grid got formed, I saw some smear on the lenses on my PSVR2, so I decided to wipe them clean real quickly. For some crazy reason they shut off, and when they came back on, the headset asked to do another room scan. Figures. When the scan was done, headset on, I was dead last of course. Managed to get up to P7, so not too bad.

Second race I started P1, and in T1 there was a touch with P2. Racing incident, and we kept our positions, so no harm. He was fast, and there was another touch a few corners later, but he let me pass, so all good.

Next race we had another battle, again, very tight but no contact this time, and we exchanged some compliments after the race.

All in all I did 4 races, and gained DR in all of them. I fully expect to loose them later in the week of course.

The QT is around 1.56.3 with a 1.55.8 optimum. I found that -5 BB at the first few hard brake corners is best, then -1 in the double left, back to -5 on the bridge, and then +2 for the chicane. It's fiddly, but pays off.
Did you notice a gap somewhere when finishing, as in a portion of the field finish +20s after you? Tried with main and 2nd accounts and found that unless you are starting within the top 7, you're pretty much at the mercy of the level of dirt of other drivers! Interesting point about BB, I stayed at +1 front all throughout my QT trials but will see if I can try your suggestion tomorrow. PS - epic time - really impressive!

Haven't raced much recently but I had some decent races at Watkins over the weekend... however despite that I'm not really a fan GR.4 on RH tires, so was disappointed when it showed up again for Race B this week. At least you could get some clean air at the Glen, not so much in a four lap sprint.

I did two attempts at Big Sur this evening and factor in people's dives into every silly place, the excruciating track limit penalties for trying to avoid contact for said dives - I dont think it's for me.

I tried Race A at RBR and I dont think I can be bothered with the turn 1 and 2 randomness, and full disclosure I would probably be contributing to it.

Race C, I'm not the first to say it... It's an overused track. As a motorsport fan I love it but I rarely have a pleasant online race there.

I know I will be in the minority here but I'm not a fan of a week without a road car option for some chance of something different. Or even something like the Chapperel fridge car again.

Also to think this game has GT40s, Ferrari P4s, Shelby Cobra's etc etc included and we never get to use them in sport mode is such a shame...

Last edited:

When it weirds out like that, just take it off and put it on again. It just failed at orientation. Nbd.

Also. Between they eyes there is a small recessed hole. Thats a light/dark sensor which tells the headset its on someones head and time to do its thing. When cleaning its easy to cross over and invoke the headset, which annoys it as the front cameras are usually facing your palm or some other place their unfamiliar with. Do it a few times and it wants to rescan. Anyway, popping it off letting the screen on the tv take dominance then popping it back on usually works when your pressed for time

Last edited:
@sturk0167 Really? See I've been using the Porsche RSR the first couple hours of qualifying there. I did good and got a time in the low 1'32.000's. But I think I can do better. It's just the first two turns are real tricky and risky to get a track limit penalty. Well, here I go again shortly. I thought by adjusting the TCS to 1 it would increase my speed through the corners and exits. But, nope.

Inspired by my buddy, @Talon16, who I saw win the RBR race in a Mustang, I gave the Ford a try, and it's actually really nice there.
It's been a while since I've had a competitive race in the Gr.3 Mustang. It's good. 👍
Yea, it's not horrible. My pre-race lap times were almost a full second off the Genesis, though. Also, coming from the Genesis and running +5 BB, I did the same in the Stang... which was a mistake. Almost lost the car like three times on lap one in the braking/turn-in zone just being super loose. Once I changed it to 0 it was much more behaved.

That being said I like the Genesis quite a bit (I've only tried it and the Mustang to be fair). It's a tail-happy machine but it's one of those cars, like the Supra, you can just upshift it to the moon and it's got the torque curve to pull though, which mitigates some of the wanting to spin out all the time. Kinda cheating but whatever.

QT thus far is a 28.7. T1 is a fickle b****.

Last edited:
The track limits at Grand Valley are crazy. I took me a a few laps just to get a time set. I set a lap in the Huracan but it was still hard to control. I went with the GT-R and set a 1:58.496 so far. The track limits were getting on my nerves and I gave up for the night. I don't remember those limits being so strict before. It has been a while since I've been there so maybe I just forgot they existed.

Had planned to QT and try a race at GV but I’m currently stuck working through menu book 39, the 800 WTC championship. Can’t do anything else until that is complete. Two more races to go but too late now tonight.

Perhaps I’ll be able to get to it tomorrow. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, I had 3 rocky races at Grand Valley in the wee hours of the morning. In my first one, a wise guy shoved me into the wall while we were exiting the tunnel. I had to barrel my way back up 4 positions which was a struggle. It's maddening when people do that sort of thing. I winded up in 9th place. My second race went well, I drove a clean race and finished in 10th.

My third race, the same guy was in it but this time I stayed back and let him go on. He sideswiped two drivers near the front. I avoided the crash on Lap 3. As a result, I finished 12th.

I'm not sure, but I think I've found another bug or maybe a way to dodge BoP.
As usually I went for Race C today, and tried out different cars. At some point I figured out that the GT-R Nismo '18 works best for me. So I did a 1:49,919 in qualifying, and just before a race started I changed livery and checked oil, because just in case it's worn out... And of course it was worn out.
However... Since I've changed oil and livery, I'm not even getting close to my qualifying time. And yes, I know that qualifying and race isn't the same in terms of pace...

edit: speaking of a 0,7 second gap.

So what do you guys think about this?
I think you are right. I experienced similar differences from one of the r
Qualifying to another, after making some changes. I always thought it's just that I lost momentum or I'm just not as focused as before.

Latest Posts

Back