GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,793 comments
I feel the same about trial Mountain with the barrier penalties

Incidentally, there was a driver called Barry R (genuinely) who might have been the only driver who DIDN'T hit me 😂😂😂
I found it rough going yesterday either by suicide or just the nature of essentially a street circuit race that's only 4 laps long that encourages/panics people in to pushing to hard to make progress

@GOTMAXPOWER this never works when I try it

More practice required. The initial spin is easy, the recovery and pass not so much.

I thought he might upload that so I put my version up last night to get a headstart on the views 😅

That was a poor effort from me, I didn't practice it so got the wrong patch of grass too far from the corner and not enough rotation so had to stick it in reverse. Probably cost over half a second compared to a clean attempt 😔

I thought he might upload that so I put my version up last night to get a headstart on the views 😅

That was a poor effort from me, I didn't practice it so got the wrong patch of grass too far from the corner and not enough rotation so had to stick it in reverse. Probably cost over half a second compared to a clean attempt 😔
That was a crazy insane move Man. 🤣
Definitely lived up to your name.
Never seen anything like that, I'd give it 10/10 💪😂

I am wondering: Has any seasoned driver perhaps done some observations about whether time of day has any influence or not? (- on how dirty races are.)
I always enjoy an early morning stint, not too early or you get mixed with A+ drivers 😁

Sunday morning particularly seems to yield the best results and Sunday generally I would say but maybe everyone is learning it’s the last day of the week for racing! 😆

I always enjoy an early morning stint, not too early or you get mixed with A+ drivers 😁

Sunday morning particularly seems to yield the best results and Sunday generally I would say but maybe everyone is learning it’s the last day of the week for racing! 😆
I agree, typically through the weekdays as well when the kids are at school.

Saturday nights and Sunday nights tend to be the worse in the B/cusp A lobbies I find.

You know what's really disturbing... 👀
That you actually really seem to exactly know how to initialize these insanities as weel as making profit out this lunacy 🤣
You have to be ready to try these things. Don't want to go into sector 1 with cold tyres, you'll be sliding all over the place!

For me, Nurburgring GP turned worst than Fuji with the todays standards in sportmanship.
Turn 1 is an obvious problem but is not the only one.

Turn 3 in the Mercedes arena is a festival for punters and dive bombers on the inside (that is not a gap!).
Lot of people looking to dive on the inside of the hairpin no matter what and let alone those who think that push to pass is a valid move.

I didnt have any fun yesterday and I dont see daily B or A as an option for me this week.

I found it rough going yesterday either by suicide or just the nature of essentially a street circuit race that's only 4 laps long that encourages/panics people in to pushing to hard to make progress
Genuinely annoying for me because I'm brave and love the twisty bits! I trust the lambo to turn more when I put my foot (index finger) down in lower gears haha. Not the best Qualy lap but in race mode I'm on it

Only suicide I've had is the exit of the first corner in the first toast complex (can't remember who first named that here) and only that was a slight brushing of crumbs. It's so good when you get it perfect

I am wondering: Has any seasoned driver perhaps done some observations about whether time of day has any influence or not? (- on how dirty races are.)
Well, I’m far from seasoned however, I have logged quite a few mile in the last year. I’m retired so I have the ability to race at any time throughout a 24 hour day, and I’ve done so.

I think your question has a few variables, the first being the level of driver. There is a huge difference between a bad A/+A driver and a bad C/D driver (bad C/D drivers can’t drive and can be VERY malicious). My main goal isn’t to advance DR, it’s to get to a level where the drivers main concern is racing as opposed to how many cars they can wreck.

The second part of the question is what exactly are you trying to avoid, malicious angry drivers or really good drivers.

Early afternoon I begin to see some fairly malicious driving in the high C/low B lobbies.

If I’m racing in the morning or mid afternoon my QT is usually good for a top 3 on the grid. As the time progresses to 7:00-8:00 PM (West coast-US GMT-8) the really good drivers seem to come out and my QT starts slipping down the grid pretty low, at that point, I’m pretty much just an impediment on the track and it’s time to go do something else. I don’t mind not winning but I hate being in the way.

Late at night when there are fewer drivers to fill a room, I’ve been in races that may have 3 levels of drivers with disparities in QT as high as 4-5 seconds.

There are also differences in week day vs weekend

My main goal is to stay at a B or high C just because the racing is cleaner, I usually try to race before noon.

I had a race yesterday at Nurburgring, I was fighting for 7th with the same car, for 3 laps in a row he tried passing me in the chicane. All 3 passes were clean (I didn’t think that was possible) with no bumping or wrecks. That’s what I’m looking for.

Last edited:
I really really need to give PD and Fanatec more credit than I do.

Typically I will bash them both a bit but also rationalise some of the decisions they make etc.

But this is where they definitely know their stuff. I set up a profile on my DD pro (S3) and used the settings in the patch notes and I'll be honest they know better than I do what feels good on the wheel both for the game and for the hardware.

Very little notching (especially compared to my previous settings), good weight but I manage my personal prefs in the FFB in game strength, little to no oscillation (everyone's mileage varies on this though) and good weighted balance.

Good enough for a sub 2min Nurbs lap and sub 2mins Trial Mountain lap.

So credit where it's not only due but very muchly highlighting they definitely know more than I do about wheel settings.

image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back