GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,978 comments
Had a good morning at Sardegna, two wins, and a pole. One of the benefits of letting my DD drop to C! Back in B now so it’ll be mid-pack battles rest of the week.

Gonna try Spa tonight. Seems like the NSX is the meta. Anyone running BB on it? Or using TC? These Gr2 cars have so much downforce and grip that they’re very neutral (or at least that’s how they feel to me).

IMG_0690.jpeg

Does anyone know what these are on the Edge page?

I hate this game sometimes. Rather, drivers who are just intent to not be overtaken. Was hoping for a nice GT7 session this evening, given up after a few races. Sigh.

One guy, I did a lovely clean overtake down the inside of turn one, he did a cut back, could have easily taken the place cleanly as I left room but he just turned directly into me. Sake. That's just one example as well.
I think this is what makes me reluctant to begin another Race C (apart from ruined hands!), and provides a window into the thinking about endurance online races in general on GT7...

So much of what happens in your race depends on other people. Life in general, and of course my online racing experience in general, has taught me that relying on other people is not good.

Could be a good race and a worthwhile use of an hour, could be a disaster. You'll have very little control over which.

I think this is what makes me reluctant to begin another Race C (apart from ruined hands!), and provides a window into the thinking about endurance online races in general on GT7...

So much of what happens in your race depends on other people. Life in general, and of course my online racing experience in general, has taught me that relying on other people is not good.

Could be a good race and a worthwhile use of an hour, could be a disaster. You'll have very little control over which.
I'm done for the week on this one. While it looks like a great time for the A+ streamer crew, the fun doesn't make-it to the lower DR ranks.

My races have ended up being solo driving affairs for 40+ mins, after quitters and calamity thin out the field.

As a fan of longer races, I already tried Spa three times. None of them were boring, most of them had dirty drivers though.

Latest one I started on Pole, ended on P7. I am just trying to be the nice guy which avoids contact at all costs, while others are totally ruthless.

The attempt before I got punted from behind in the last chicane in lap 1 and while trying to reenter the track I collide with another driver and I end up crashing into the pit… now what? Quit? Never. No tyre change obv, 3s penalty for pit lane crossing, BUT this is why I love longer races, I kept calm and raced consistent and ended up on P6 with dead tyres!

So I am enjoying it, driving standards are aweful unfortunately so far.

Last edited:
First day using wheel. Tokyo A is an easy track, no need to brake.
For Sardegna B I'll need to do some practice to be at pace during weekend. Still need to find a better and more confy position for pedals.

Attachments

• 20241015_220032.jpg
    20241015_220032.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1
As a fan of longer races, I already tried Spa three times. None of them were boring, most of them had dirty drivers though.

Latest one I started on Pole, ended on P7. I am just trying to be the nice guy which avoids contact at all costs, while others are totally ruthless.

The attempt before I got punted from behind in the last chicane in lap 1 and while trying to reenter the track I collide with another driver and I end up crashing into the pit… now what? Quit? Never. No tyre change obv, 3s penalty for pit lane crossing, BUT this is why I love longer races, I kept calm and raced consistent and ended up on P6 with dead tyres!

So I am enjoying it, driving standards are aweful unfortunately so far.

This has been my experiences over last few weeks on the daily races. I see some making zero effort to avoid contact and push you out. It ruins the fun.

Because of that I switched to racing lobbies instead and have been having a lot of nice and clean competitions.

I tried spa yesterday and had good experience, I happened to be racing with "papa house of game" and other familiar racer I have seen before , was fun.
I like going for long haul and study what the guy is doing in front for a lap or 2 before making a move. I will be racing spa again for sure.

Oh, whenever I finish the A races, my van that I bought, it prompts me to change my tires to soft when I already bought them and installed them, I'll have to show a video later explaining what I mean, I'll try to post it by tomorrow. See when I purchased the Hiace it was already equipped with medium tires.
You need to change the tyres from the car settings in the garage from the world map.

If you change them from the race setup screen they'll revert back every time you finish a race.

Man race B is tough going - starting mid pack in the 458 and finishing near last through errors of my own and getting caught up in incidents. I need to improve how I do the last third of the lap, and that tricky turns 2 and 3 part, but really the Ferrari is just too slow on the long straights.

Nice to meet @ElectricNaz and @Duppy Gee a couple of times 👋
Woof woof hello!

Bark bark grrrowl yelp barky bark

(that's means nice to have met you today buddy)

I really want to like race C but....

The fact that longer races are creeping into daily races is a good thing but they need to expand their thinking. Simply making a race longer doesn't cut it. I also think there should be a monetary penalty for quitting...like 100000 credits or something. I've only raced twice, both times there were 8 cars that finished.

Can you imagine race C with 30 cars or so, now that would be fun!!!...in a chaotic, crazy way haha.

I'm enjoying race B though, have had some great races. It amazes me how much closer the racing is as one jumps up into B from C.

I just did my first daily race on Tokyo Expressway. I don’t think my competitors have the message that SR is enabled on this. Oh my what a sh** show.

They were just going at each other trying to crash each other out - thinking it’s a game of demolition Derby, not racing. It was hilarious but terrible at the same time.

Edit.

Had a second go. This time I’d practice my grid start and figured out how to get a good start. In both races 1st pulled off to the side (I think to chase from behind) and that left me in the lead (I was 2nd with a global 345th time). I kept it clean and avoided to drama behind for an easy win.

IMG_8672.jpeg
IMG_8673.jpeg

IMG_8674.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I've been truly motivated this week, I've already done almost 20 races at Tokyo and 11 at Sardegna, I do not usually get this far so what does that tell you? PD finally chose the right combos except for the Spa endurance race. That one I'm skipping this week.

@TheNormsk how are you guys getting below 1'53.000? Wow, I was lucky I got a lap time in the 1'59.000 range. I'll have to post my run later this weekend, I really don't have to brake much at all because this van drives at a slow steady rate. So this is a great car/track combo.

Here was one of my runs for Sardegna, no matter how hard I plan or try it I always tend to lose time at T1, because I'll have to brake early so I don't miss the turn. I did all right at those turns where the black/yellow arrow signs are but still I feel like I'm losing necessary time here, frustrating in a way but what can I really do?

I don't think a wheel would help me in this situation because I am not familiar with the FFB and other features. And the pedals would be a new adjustment for me anyways. Maybe I should try a different car, I don't think the RSR fits for this track. And the sharp left turn and right turn before the finish gets me too, I have to watch my back and not run into the walls.

Last edited:
Back