GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,195 comments
So I’ve decided I’m going to race A for the weekend, I don’t see B being any fun however WG without the bus stop could be?

So I’m starting today with some TT and watching Tidge’s guide and making some notes.

I’m WFH for the rest of the week whilst I prepare for hospital procedure Thursday PM, so should have a lot of time to catch up on lost time!

Hope your enjoying your racing

Edit. Not quite feeling the Gr2 race but we see, did manage a 1.29.050 on the B though, that’s a real seat of the pants job through the bus stop 🤣

Last edited:
Race C feels like a nice relaxing drive in the countryside compared to A and B 🥵

Generally starting near the front in A or B, but jeezo it's hard work - might have to turn the FFB down a bit 🤣 Not managed a win yet due to tiny errors.
😁 I just can’t get on with racing B. It’s almost like you must nail that bus stop every lap, which so far as I see, no one is doing.

I started 3rd earlier, 4th lap completely crashed out and finished 10th 🤨

Pole finished behind me 🤣

Tough going and then some

😁 I just can’t get on with racing B. It’s almost like you must nail that bus stop every lap, which so far as I see, no one is doing.
I'm ok with that bit - it's the rest of the lap I struggle with 🤣 If I'm out front I keep braking too hard and losing the rear.

Wish C wasn't RH tyres, or the track was warmer - just can't get any heat in the front of the Ferrari. I may try a different car and see how I get on.

Having some good races on A - very very frantic action but quite fun.

When I read all this now, I'm glad I'm on vacation. Let's see if I can do a few qualifying laps at the weekend to see what my times are like and whether I can manage the chicane in race B. I won't be racing at the weekend anymore, it's no fun at the weekend.

Are there any Gr3 cars in the game that don't have pogo sticks for suspension?
I really don't know tbh, the only Group 3 car I find hard to control is the Huracan. 50% of the time, it is not stable on any track.
@Brinki Yeah, I see not many players are racing at the Sprint, I set a time of 1'22.089 which got me a rank of #6039. And I usually don't do that well in the rankings.

Last edited:
The pogo stick comments are interesting. It felt like i was one of the few with wicked oscillations keeping me from the gr1/2 cars lately.

I’ve kept whining because it felt as if the oscillations were, just a guess here, road textures which, at speed, were not being dampened appropriately and consequently a product of the physics ‘bug’ affecting many cars. I think its affecting everything. Just more obvious in some.

The pogo stick comments are interesting. It felt like i was one of the few with wicked oscillations keeping me from the gr1/2 cars lately.

I’ve kept whining because it felt as if the oscillations were, just a guess here, road textures which, at speed, were not being dampened appropriately and consequently a product of the physics ‘bug’ affecting many cars. I think its affecting everything. Just more obvious in some.
Have not experienced this but also have not spent a whole lot of time in Gr.1 or 2 cars lately. I did run Spa in Gr.2's but, again, didn't spend a TON of time practicing and never raced it. Prior to that was Monza in Gr.1's but not sure where that fell with regard to releases/updates. Is this something you feel in the wheel and is impacting lap times/grip? Is it visible in replays as well?

Apparently missed some posts about this for the details. My bad on that.😇

:cheers:

EDIT
I'm on a controller, which was the whole reason I was even asking about it...yet failed to mention that part AT ALL. Was wondering if we were spared the pain.🤣

Last edited:
One quick note before you go...

Pretty sure quitting races is amplifying your misery ten-fold. Not because of some existential 💩 about attitude and whatnot, it's the points. Quitting kinda murders your DR/SR. Even finishing the race DFL nets lower overall loss so mitigates some of the drain pain. Less points lost = a further climb up the bar when you do well. Similarly, when you fail miserably you have a bit more cushion to the bottom.👍

Eventually this all balances out and you end-up at a rank that reflects your abilities. In the meantime, you get damn good at defensive driving and discovering lines you didn't know existed, lol. Quitting screws that balance up leaving you in the oubliette of despair that is Dr C.

I'm not telling you how to play the game, only how to game the game as it was designed to be gamed to better enjoy the game, gamer.😁

"oubliette of despair" - nice one, had to comment!
Also, a good summary....

Race C feels like a nice relaxing drive in the countryside compared to A and B 🥵

Generally starting near the front in A or B, but jeezo it's hard work - might have to turn the FFB down a bit 🤣 Not managed a win yet due to tiny errors.
Not surprised you're starting near the front with a 1.27ish QT!

The best I can manage is a 1.32.x, albeit with the TS050 - the best I can get out of the Bugatti is a 1.33.x.....

Having said that, despite starting P12 or below (low B/S lobbies) in the Toyota, I've had a 4th place finish today, followed by two P3s.

It seems that although plenty of people can set a good QT in the Bugatti, many can't manage to get through a whole race well with it!

The best I can manage is a 1.32.x, albeit with the TS050 - the best I can get out of the Bugatti is a 1.33.x.....

Having said that, despite starting P12 or below (low B/S lobbies) in the Toyota, I've had a 4th place finish today, followed by two P3s.

It seems that although plenty of people can set a good QT in the Bugatti, many can't manage to get through a whole race well with it!
Well I'm stuck in the 1'38.000's, so I have to polish up my skills here, near the sweepers and the bus stop. I am not a fan of the longer version but I like the scenery and trees/people standing in the crowd as I race by. I've been doing well with the Bugatti so I suppose I'll stick with it.

Have not experienced this but also have not spent a whole lot of time in Gr.1 or 2 cars lately. I did run Spa in Gr.2's but, again, didn't spend a TON of time practicing and never raced it. Prior to that was Monza in Gr.1's but not sure where that fell with regard to releases/updates. Is this something you feel in the wheel and is impacting lap times/grip? Is it visible in replays as well?

Apparently missed some posts about this for the details. My bad on that.😇

EDIT
I'm on a controller, which was the whole reason I was even asking about it...yet failed to mention that part AT ALL. Was wondering if we were spared the pain.🤣
the tldr is basically its a product of 1.49’s orbit inducing compression/expansion ~ incorrect dampening values somewhere bug.

As for lap times and grip. Kinda maybe! Personally, yes because at my preferred settings(admittedly heavy) will create a nice amount of oscillation at higher speeds. But its funny. If i softly, but firmly try to settle the wheel it can be manageable ish. Gripped like an angry gorilla will lead it to increasing intensity to the point where it gets funny. I have a video on the extreme’s thread illustrating it. The oscillation in the video is about medium power because i was starting to tune it out. Higher ndp, zero int and dropping for in the fanatec settings achieve this, but with some ffb compromises which i don’t love.

That said, physics are global, and while you can’t feel it on a controller im sure its affecting us all.

As for replays, some cars are having cartoonish responses. Endo’s and low rider style bouncing type things. Battles have been waged on the update thread 😂. Some good videos over there. Funny ones too. Gr3 and 4 cars have been affected for me, but since 1.52 they are pretty well controlled. Its still there, but nothing gets silly. However it could be responsible for weird behavior such as your car wanting to swap ends when maybe it should have held on. But thats pretty hard for us to isolate and detect.

…i kinda wonder if this weeks car choices were to generate data for the next patch.

You need to crack on with that Bugatti mate, it’s a monster ride 🤣

Basically, 4th round T1 and no different to a gr3 race, but brake in a straight line only, bus stop is a killer, lift in 6th and just hold on 🤣 small lift down the hill and keep in 4th for the turn, 3rd for the next uphill turn and then the next 2 after that, second to last turn 5th and flat, again just hold it, it will stick and a slight lift and 5th in the last - I got a 1.29.050 and I think I could get into the 1.28 but I just can’t be bothered 😁

Racing is something else 😳 my opening greeting is ‘see you in a pile at the bus stop’ 😂

Last edited:
One quick note before you go...

Pretty sure quitting races is amplifying your misery ten-fold. Not because of some existential 💩 about attitude and whatnot, it's the points. Quitting kinda murders your DR/SR. Even finishing the race DFL nets lower overall loss so mitigates some of the drain pain. Less points lost = a further climb up the bar when you do well. Similarly, when you fail miserably you have a bit more cushion to the bottom.👍

Eventually this all balances out and you end-up at a rank that reflects your abilities. In the meantime, you get damn good at defensive driving and discovering lines you didn't know existed, lol. Quitting screws that balance up leaving you in the oubliette of despair that is Dr C.

I'm not telling you how to play the game, only how to game the game as it was designed to be gamed to better enjoy the game, gamer.😁

I may be misunderstood. I'm perfecly conscious of the difference of rage quit penalty vs coming last at the and of race, especially when there's 600% points to lose or gain. I don't really mind to get demoted to DR C cause I'll need just few "lonely" races from pole to get back to B (it happened already in the two last weekend in Tokyo/Barcellona and Sardegna). What is really disturbing is that, like on social platforms, there's a loud minority of trolls (or joypad worriors) that just like to spoil others live in general. I'll not go through the phycology about what people do behind a nickname, but nevertheless i ditched all socials and whatever could bring me in contact with those poor individuals that need just to be pitied. Call me "snob" but I prefer to target DR A in order to minimise encounters with nasty racers. To do so, I need more practise to get to speed with gripy cars, while with road cars I'm more at ease. Im looking also to be accepted at GBRC group to see how it is and maybe, if find my cup of tea, I'll be ok to race just 2 days a week.

Race A, I just did one. I came in last, 46 seconds behind the leader. It was like I was driving in molasses compared to the others even though my time is a 1:20.9.
I discovered last night why my performance was so bad. I found my brake pedal is registering ~6% constantly and my limits had reset to 5-15% so I had a constant ~1% brake and a very on-off feel. In addition, constant brake, in a car like the NSX (which is hybrid I think) kills the hybrid system as it gets stuck in re-gen mode.

I've now recalibrated my brake to be 10-100% range until I can service it and figure out why it's registering ~6% all the time. Perhaps I'll try race A again now...

Last edited:
I discovered last night why my performance was so bad. I found my brake pedal is registering ~6% constantly and my limits had reset to 5-15% of I had constant ~1% brake and a very on-off feel. In addition, constant brake, in a car like the NSX (which is hybrid I think) kills the hybrid system as it gets suck in re-gen mode.

I've now recalibrated my brake to be 10-100% range until I can service it and figure out why it's registering ~6% all the time. Perhaps I'll try race A again now...
I've posted several times and YouTube videos showing this issue in the in game pedal calibration 😉 the first vid I showed it has 11k views

The feeling of the Bugatti at Watkins is horrific on my wheel, there are thes jarring dead spots that shake the shaft and make my QR1 like it's going to shake itself to bits.

I'm using the setting recommended in the update patch notes and in game torque 4 and FFB sensitivity 1

Conversely for the M3 TT I have the in game torque at 9 or 10

It's just this really harsh slack that kills me and my mechanical sympathy.

It's just not a fun experience to hold the wheel in this car/track combo.

You need to crack on with that Bugatti mate, it’s a monster ride 🤣

Basically, 4th round T1 and no different to a gr3 race, but brake in a straight line only, bus stop is a killer, lift in 6th and just hold on 🤣 small lift down the hill and keep in 4th for the turn, 3rd for the next uphill turn and then the next 2 after that, second to last turn 5th and flat, again just hold it, it will stick and a slight lift and 5th in the last - I got a 1.29.050 and I think I could get into the 1.28 but I just can’t be bothered 😁

Racing is something else 😳 my opening greeting is ‘see you in a pile at the bus stop’ 😂
Ah, this may be the problem - I can't use MT (tendonitis and Dupuytren's), so I'm stuck with AT.

Still, as far as I can see in race, the only places the Bugatti is faster (much faster too!) is in the sweeping right after the bus stop, and the final turn. The Toyota is great on acceleration out of turn 1, and can keep the Bug behind until after the bus stop, and is mega up the hill after the hairpin bend - again, it can keep the Bug behind until halfway down the start/finish straight.

I really don't want to drive this car anymore.

That's me done, 602 on the global leaderboard is enough for me.

IMG_1339.jpeg

Edit:

@bone_tone you can map gear changes to face buttons if that would help with the tendinitis (it might not make you quicker mind) but it an option

Last edited:
I really don't want to drive this car anymore.

That's me done, 602 on the global leaderboard is enough for me.

View attachment 1399804

Edit:

@bone_tone you can map gear changes to face buttons if that would help with the tendinitis (it might not make you quicker mind) but it an option
Those times are insane, but I agree it’s really not fun, A either isn’t a lot of fun, can’t see me doing any nordschleife,

I can only liken WG to scalextrix which is fun for a nano second

Those times are insane, but I agree it’s really not fun, A either isn’t a lot of fun, can’t see me doing any nordschleife,

I can only liken WG to scalextrix which is fun for a nano second
I haven't done a single race this week not on alts or anything.

And even more rarely I haven't put in times for the other 2 either.

I said a page or so back this week has been engineered rightly or wrongly for something PD wants and I'm assuming it to encourage participation in the GTWS. The top lobbies were/will be rammed but I'd imagine the struggle is in our lower splits getting numbers and reducing the quitting.

We will never know, but the races aren't being massively lauded by the people that are usually the bread and butter of these things on here or elsewhere.

C is getting all the "air time" and I believe that was what they wanted.

Your analogy of scaletrix is spot on, especially as it's the sort track shape that scaletrix would use 🤣 but with a chaos cross over.

As a massive massive racer and participant of sport mode typically this week has just been meh with nothing peeking my interest.

The ring is great for those ring lovers but I'm a bit fatigued of the place to be honest.

the tldr is basically its a product of 1.49’s orbit inducing compression/expansion ~ incorrect dampening values somewhere bug.

As for lap times and grip. Kinda maybe! Personally, yes because at my preferred settings(admittedly heavy) will create a nice amount of oscillation at higher speeds. But its funny. If i softly, but firmly try to settle the wheel it can be manageable ish. Gripped like an angry gorilla will lead it to increasing intensity to the point where it gets funny. I have a video on the extreme’s thread illustrating it. The oscillation in the video is about medium power because i was starting to tune it out. Higher ndp, zero int and dropping for in the fanatec settings achieve this, but with some ffb compromises which i don’t love.

That said, physics are global, and while you can’t feel it on a controller im sure its affecting us all.

As for replays, some cars are having cartoonish responses. Endo’s and low rider style bouncing type things. Battles have been waged on the update thread 😂. Some good videos over there. Funny ones too. Gr3 and 4 cars have been affected for me, but since 1.52 they are pretty well controlled. Its still there, but nothing gets silly. However it could be responsible for weird behavior such as your car wanting to swap ends when maybe it should have held on. But thats pretty hard for us to isolate and detect.

…i kinda wonder if this weeks car choices were to generate data for the next patch.
Thanks for the explanation and you're probably right on the data collection/usage. I knew the aftermath of 1.49 was hilarity, I just didn't realize it was still floating around in low-key fashion. Of late I've only been in Gr.3's so maybe that's why it hasn't smacked me in the face.

I'm also not that 'dialed-in' to notice this stuff...if I was, I'd be faster.🤣

I haven't done a single race this week not on alts or anything.

And even more rarely I haven't put in times for the other 2 either.

I said a page or so back this week has been engineered rightly or wrongly for something PD wants and I'm assuming it to encourage participation in the GTWS. The top lobbies were/will be rammed but I'd imagine the struggle is in our lower splits getting numbers and reducing the quitting.

We will never know, but the races aren't being massively lauded by the people that are usually the bread and butter of these things on here or elsewhere.

C is getting all the "air time" and I believe that was what they wanted.

Your analogy of scaletrix is spot on, especially as it's the sort track shape that scaletrix would use 🤣 but with a chaos cross over.

As a massive massive racer and participant of sport mode typically this week has just been meh with nothing peeking my interest.

The ring is great for those ring lovers but I'm a bit fatigued of the place to be honest.
Yeah I can’t remember any week ever where there’s been no interest for me at all, sure there’s been weeks with tracks I’d prefer to miss but end up racing anyway and enjoying in the end.

Total meh for me too

Thanks for the explanation and you're probably right on the data collection/usage. I knew the aftermath of 1.49 was hilarity, I just didn't realize it was still floating around in low-key fashion. Of late I've only been in Gr.3's so maybe that's why it hasn't smacked me in the face.

I'm also not that 'dialed-in' to notice this stuff...if I was, I'd be faster.🤣
It really does depend what you drive. Gr3’s and 4’s are pretty controlled with 1.52 but i guess this issue is related to something fundamental as the fixes have felt more like suppression attempts. Honestly, i might not be this focused and aware if not for the high speed(only on straights) super jiggle ride. The bug goes full spin cycle at about 230km which makes that bus stop thing super fun

…to loop the car on 😂

Latest Posts

Back